Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?

When the Patriots lost the last Superbowl. I will tell anyone here, go back to the Randy Moss touchdown with 3 minutes left, when he caught the Ball in the Endzone, he didnt celebrate, didnt dance, didnt even smile, in fact when you see him on camera he looked like he had just lost the game, I turned to my husband and said they are not going to win this game, and sure enough the Giants did.
    You are not going to like this, none of you will, but ALL PRO SPORTS IS FIXED, do you really think its just Wrestling? Gee one Basketball Ref got caught, yeah like there is only one! PLEASE, do you really think a group of BILLIONAIRES are going to gamble their hard Squeezed out of you the fans money and just take a chance with it? REALLY?
    Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy there is no way it can be done, All I say back is look around you, Just one ref huh? LMAO Gee Boxing isnt fixed at all, now take a look at MMA, take a look at Oh never mind you boys wont beleive it anyway. The Owners have you guys so fooled and spending yoru money that your house would burn down and you not even notice lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?

I truly believe the playoffs are fixed.. But i think it has more to do with bets than anything.. But just like a fan of wrestling would say: just let me think what i think & not over analyze the game.. Bcuz at the end of the day thats all it really is... A GAME.

But to support your opinion: Pats 1st superbowl was after 9-11.... Steelers superbowl a few years back was flukie how they beat the colts in Bettis last season... Peyton & the colts DEMOLISHED a tough bears defense. And of course the obvious one in 2007.  You never really know until you go pro...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?:
        When the Patriots lost the last Superbowl. I will tell anyone here, go back to the Randy Moss touchdown with 3 minutes left, when he caught the Ball in the Endzone, he didnt celebrate, didnt dance, didnt even smile, in fact when you see him on camera he looked like he had just lost the game, I turned to my husband and said they are not going to win this game, and sure enough the Giants did. You are not going to like this, none of you will, but ALL PRO SPORTS IS FIXED, do you really think its just Wrestling? Gee one Basketball Ref got caught, yeah like there is only one! PLEASE, do you really think a group of BILLIONAIRES are going to gamble their hard Squeezed out of you the fans money and just take a chance with it? REALLY? Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy there is no way it can be done, All I say back is look around you, Just one ref huh? LMAO Gee Boxing isnt fixed at all, now take a look at MMA, take a look at Oh never mind you boys wont beleive it anyway. The Owners have you guys so fooled and spending yoru money that your house would burn down and you not even notice lol.
    Posted by Wendylee03

lol no one really values a womens opinion when it comes to sports.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I don't think it's fixed, but there are signs that make me question it from time to time. I know someone who's close friends with Matt Light, and she told me he told her before the superbowl that if the spread is high enough don't expect the Pats to win. Well, Light was right.

Still though, I think that would mean more corrupted refs than the sport being fixed. I wouldn't even compare pro sports to wrestling. Wrestling is fake, pro sports requires athletes to do things that would be way too hard to set up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Of course pro sports are fixed.  And the reason nobody has come forward to say so is because the commisioners offices have teams of ninja hitmen working for them to instantly eradicate anyone who may expose this fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sad part is there are at least a few games a year when one really has to question whether the outcome was "predetermined" shall we say. First game that sticks in my mind was a Chiefs at Miami playoff game years ago. With 30 seconds to go Christian Okoye, broke a run to the Miami 10 which would have set up the chipshot field goal for the win...A flag suddenly appeared bringing the ball back to the 50, and out of range. Best example I personally watched was at a Pats game, Ben Coates got a Bledsoe pass on a third and 8, got 5 yards and was hit by two defenders, and it appeared he was going to be tackled; the second he broke free and started running for the endzone, the ref in front of us reached for his flag for the offensive pass interference call. It was so obvious had Coates been tackled initially short of the first down the flag never would have been thrown... We all remember the Polian AFC championship, where the Pats got the "so sorry for the blown calls" letter after the fact....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I know that the mob has a huge hand in fixing boxing matches.

It's also been proven that the mob had a big hand in the NBA, and despite cover-ups I still suspect that a group of mediocre refs was brought back after striking because they're the league's and mob's goons.  I certainly don't think Donaghy was an isolated incident, and after seeing the way the Kings-Lakers series and the Suns-Spurs series were handled, I don't doubt for one second that it was rigged.

I didn't think the mob played a big role in the NFL... but who knows?

I think Brady's ankle injury played a bigger role in that game than anything the Giants did.  Same thing with Asante Samuel dropping the potential game-winning interception (and if he ever becomes Hall-eligible, I hope that footage haunts him for the rest of his career).

Moss probably didn't celebrate because he knew 3 minutes was way too long to count on Ellis Hobbs to try to cover Plaxico Burress.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

It would be very hard for all these men to perpetuate the lie unless of coarse they're leon who is the king of liars. Like the one he told that he played D1 football...Pfft now there's a whopper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

In Response to Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?:
    Well the games are either fixed or a Coach will cheat to win by breaking the rules of filming another teams sidelines. Either way it stinks-The legacy of being categorized as a low life cheating S cumbag will stick with  a head Coach long after he's dead and gone.
    Posted by MrLH

4 posts huh?.....are they all as witty as this one?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

sday4x45, that is leon, you know the biggest liar on the board. He says he makes alot of money in his very lucrative job but he posts here 1000's of times under a 1000 different names. So what I'm saying is he steals from his employer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

When the Patriots lost the last Superbowl. I will tell anyone here, go back to the Randy Moss touchdown with 3 minutes left, when he caught the Ball in the Endzone, he didnt celebrate, didnt dance, didnt even smile, in fact when you see him on camera he looked like he had just lost the game, I turned to my husband and said they are not going to win this game, and sure enough the Giants did. You are not going to like this, none of you will, but ALL PRO SPORTS IS FIXED, do you really think its just Wrestling? Gee one Basketball Ref got caught, yeah like there is only one! PLEASE, do you really think a group of BILLIONAIRES are going to gamble their hard Squeezed out of you the fans money and just take a chance with it? REALLY? Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy there is no way it can be done, All I say back is look around you, Just one ref huh? LMAO Gee Boxing isnt fixed at all, now take a look at MMA, take a look at Oh never mind you boys wont beleive it anyway. The Owners have you guys so fooled and spending yoru money that your house would burn down and you not even notice lol.
    Posted by Wendylee03

If you don't like football and think it's corrupt than watch something else and stop whining like a six year old with a skinned knee. There's always going to be bad calls because they're human but replay makes it real difficult if someone was to try and fix a call. As far as the players, there's way too many for the entire league to be in on it and if it's only a chosen few they'd stand out to the rest of the team so stop looking for support on this site to get your husband away from watching football and go to the mall or something on Sundays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

There are probably bought off refs, but fixed games, NO!! Do you think the owners would stand for letting the Pats win 3 out of 4 SB?? Think not, they'd be screaming, "It's my turn".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

If winning only took filming another teams "sidelines" ...football would be easy, and everyone would do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Anybody with an IQ knows its a holiday and we have a day off...Leon we all know your a moron - why do you continue to PROVE it????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Well the games are either fixed or a Coach will cheat to win by breaking the rules of filming another teams sidelines. Either way it stinks-The legacy of being categorized as a low life cheating S cumbag will stick with  a head Coach long after he's dead and gone.
    Posted by MrLH

Are you serious?? You know what Belichick accomplished with that fiasco... he showed the entire league that Mangini is a rat and deserves to be an outcast..and thus he is. Even someone as smart as you apparently are has to admit that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I don't think it's fixed, but there are signs that make me question it from time to time. I know someone who's close friends with Matt Light, and she told me he told her before the superbowl that if the spread is high enough don't expect the Pats to win. Well, Light was right. Still though, I think that would mean more corrupted refs than the sport being fixed. I wouldn't even compare pro sports to wrestling. Wrestling is fake, pro sports requires athletes to do things that would be way too hard to set up.
    Posted by magicalhobo
    im with you.there are some head scratchers at times.and like you said,a lot of coincidences in some games.rather it be a certain event,or tragedy.a players last year.a qb in the grasp,and no whistle,and miracle catch.i dont think they are fixed,but many games have there head scratchers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

sday4x45, that is leon, you know the biggest liar on the board. He says he makes alot of money in his very lucrative job but he posts here 1000's of times under a 1000 different names. So what I'm saying is he steals from his employer.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Leon makes a lot of money on the 1st an 15th of every month when his Government checks come in. The only way anyone  could have enough time to create that many profiles and post that much $h!t is if he didn't work at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by Wendylee03

Wendy,
    Your asking us to prove a negative here which is pretty hard. What you need to do is give some proof that it is fixed. Federal government fixed..Yes.. I see the lies and the taking of taxpayer money on a daily basis. That I'll agree with but you need some hard evidence here. The NBA had a crooked official and I'm sure the NFL does somewhere too, But you'd have to stage quite a bit and get every player on every team to lay down. I don't think you could even plan a season as bad as what Tennessee has had and they would have definitely let detroit win at least 1 championship over the last 50 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I am surprised no one has come on here and blasted this post.  At least someone from an out of town team, Jintsfan, Dogg, Perfect72 etc.. who will say this is nothing but the whining of a Pats fan. Regardless, I seriously doubt things are fixed as they could be.

In all sports in which there are human judges, there are their own personal prejudices, that you hope, would not interfere with their duties.  True, we have seen many, many head scratching calls made in all sorts of games in which a judgement call is being made.  How many times have we heard the media announcer question the call?  From the TV perspective, we see the angle different than that judge and the call looks bogus, but, from their angle, we'll never know because they do not have helmut cams for us to see, right?  Probalby the most perplexing call is the penalty rarely called and is then called at a most inopportune moment hurting one team the most.  Most here will point to the '06 AFCCG phantom Offensive PI call against Brown as an example.  Either way, though, as bad as a call, or non call, can be, unless a team has no other opportunities to come back from that call, I have yet to see a call completely decide a game since a team can still execute a play to win.  Some may agree, many may not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by Wendylee03
    If you think the Steelers beating Seattle in the Super Bowl wasn't fixed, your crazy. I bet on the Steelers and still could not believe my eyes.Lakers against Portland in the NBA western Finals. Of course some games have been on the take. What about all the point shaving in college sports going on. I don't think the League is involved in any way though. This is strictly about money. Any College or Pro Player with a computer can have someone lay a bet for him. Don't be naive It's not only the refs it's also college kids. I knew the kid from Arizona State Steven "Hedake Smith who was involved with Point Shaving. IT HAPPENS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Don't really think too many players are bought out or anything, cost too much money and you'd have to talk to too many people. What nobody has mentioned is what if coaches were bought out. Coming up with a terrible GamePlan and telling your players this is how we will win would be the best way to do it. Not the refs, players, or owners but the coaches. The only way the refs could be in on it would be if Mike Periara (spelling) the head of officiating was also in on it. They re-watch every game and every play and give the officiating crews scores on how well they did. Theres always going to be bad calls in every game. The trick is to not let the score be so close that it loses the game for you right.

On a side note I remember watching an episode of the Sopranos and I believe they were gathered around playing cards and talking about gambling. One mentions gambling on the NFL and they all burst out laughing. Made me think then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

OK, so the world is fair, there are no conspiracies that create society and Kavika Mitchell got called for hitting Brady with two hands on the helmet in the end zone in front of the ref bringing the ball off our goal line and we don't have to punt from the end line. 

Guys, haven't you been around enough to know there are reasons for things that only the people who are involved know about? Why couldn't a bad call be a fix? Why couldn't the League make sure game-changing calls are reviewed? I'm not saying put sensors on the equipment, but I'm not happy knowing officials determine games--they aren't acting alone, either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would think it would be easier to buy the refs. I mean there is that famous saying "Holding could be called on every play." Also it isn't difficult for a ref NOT to call a penalty ie: Seymore being ripped off of Eli from behind by an offensive lineman to prevent a safety.

There is also the rumor that the Pats nearly perfect season was a gift from the league for letting them give Jerome Bettis and Peyton Manning their Superbowls. But because of the misinterpretation of the rules at the beginning of the year they would not be allowed to win it all.

Some would even argue that the reason there are so many teams doing horribly is because they knew at the beginning of the season they wouldn't be allowed to make the playoffs.

Do I believe any of the above? Not yet, but it does seem the NFL is getting more and more like a Manly Soap Opera. I mean you have your good guys (Colts), your bad guys (the Pats), your out of nowhere heros (Bengals and Broncos). You have your hot sexy teams (Dallas, San Diego) and every year though the team names may change, the cast of characters doesn't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

PRO sports really isn't fixed.

There, I said it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

"Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy" - Wendy

No, the haters are the trolls like Leon who only come on this forum to hate on the Pats and their fans. that is a hater. But the people who post here daily and talk football and sports are not haters they are fans. So when I say this please know that it is not the haters who think you are bat $h*t crazy as they themselves are pretty crazy so no its not the haters its everyone else who thinks you are not only crazy but stupid to boot. Let me guess the NFL rigged it so that in 2001 after 9/11 the red white and blue Patriots would win it all right? And they magicly made the ball go through the up rights in the snow bowl too right? nooooo your not crazy at all....moron.

Sections
Shortcuts