Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?

Also compeering football to boxing is stupid. Its easy to fix a boxing match cause its one guy VS one guy and either way they both get paid. If the mob tells a guy to take a dive guess what he takes a dive and its that simple. But boxing is not only a one person sport but its also been around for hundreds of years and has given currupt people plenty of time to figure out how to fix the sport. Boxing is a currupt sport thats for sure but that does not mean all sports are fixed. And the fact that you some how think you found a way to draw a line from boxing to football again just shows how out of your mind you are. So one more time....you are a moron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?:
    [QUOTE]    When the Patriots lost the last Superbowl. I will tell anyone here, go back to the Randy Moss touchdown with 3 minutes left, when he caught the Ball in the Endzone, he didnt celebrate, didnt dance, didnt even smile, in fact when you see him on camera he looked like he had just lost the game, I turned to my husband and said they are not going to win this game, and sure enough the Giants did. You are not going to like this, none of you will, but ALL PRO SPORTS IS FIXED, do you really think its just Wrestling? Gee one Basketball Ref got caught, yeah like there is only one! PLEASE, do you really think a group of BILLIONAIRES are going to gamble their hard Squeezed out of you the fans money and just take a chance with it? REALLY? Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy there is no way it can be done, All I say back is look around you, Just one ref huh? LMAO Gee Boxing isnt fixed at all, now take a look at MMA, take a look at Oh never mind you boys wont beleive it anyway. The Owners have you guys so fooled and spending yoru money that your house would burn down and you not even notice lol.
    Posted by Wendylee03[/QUOTE]

And you evidence for this theory is that you didn't like randy's expression?

You need to take your meds lady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Oh I am soo sorry pumpkin, did I hit a sour note for you? So what your saying is that it is totally impossible for Pro ootball to be rigged or fixed in any way shaper or form? Thank Gawd for men like you, Slow, Affraid, and cannot think for themselves. So explain how just one ref in basketball could controll soo much. Explain how Don King and the entire Pro Boxing Circut is fixed and has been since the late 1900's? Explain how Hi-Jali players dont fix their games and share in the take,(done for years in Miami) I like you, in fact I would make you my boyfriend, you wanna know why. Cuz u is a genius and so sure about everything. Lol, I dotn shop at Malls Hun, Im a smart shopper I used my mans money for a boo bee job!

In Response to Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed? : If you don't like football and think it's corrupt than watch something else and stop whining like a six year old with a skinned knee. There's always going to be bad calls because they're human but replay makes it real difficult if someone was to try and fix a call. As far as the players, there's way too many for the entire league to be in on it and if it's only a chosen few they'd stand out to the rest of the team so stop looking for support on this site to get your husband away from watching football and go to the mall or something on Sundays.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Wow, You sir are a genius! So what you have determined is it takes hungreds of years to fix something, but you did just admit it is fixed. Now Baseball was proven back in the 1918 area I believe to be fixed so by now they have it down to a science, i will let you look that one up. Horse racing, Hai Jaili, Basketball (oh I know only one ref.....so far) Should I really go into the college's, nah I dont have all day. Refrig Perry scoring a touchdown in the SuperBolw making huge money in vegas bets, Pete Rose, oh wait why respond to you, I mean you have all the answers and know all of this already. I guess the Mob as you call them are not into Politcs either right? Lol. You are the simple kind of fool these people thrive on

[QUOTE]Also compeering football to boxing is stupid. Its easy to fix a boxing match cause its one guy VS one guy and either way they both get paid. If the mob tells a guy to take a dive guess what he takes a dive and its that simple. But boxing is not only a one person sport but its also been around for hundreds of years and has given currupt people plenty of time to figure out how to fix the sport. Boxing is a currupt sport thats for sure but that does not mean all sports are fixed. And the fact that you some how think you found a way to draw a line from boxing to football again just shows how out of your mind you are. So one more time....you are a moron.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Anything can be fixed. With the possible exception of a 1972 Pinto.
    As for sports, I prefer to keep my head in the sand and just try to enjoy the event. Team sports, with the numerous fast-moving athletes and officials on the field or court are routinely influenced by "suspicious calls". Instant replay has destroyed any semblance of competence of football refs. The supposed fixes of individual sports are probably more apparent. Tennis would be easy. Golf might be more difficult because you would first have to be good enough to be in a position to fix a tournament outcome. Match play might be easier. But there are so many good golfers. Boxing is an easy target. Liston was
    knocked out by Ali's devastating attack of heavy breathing. Other famous fighters have fallen down whenever expedient. However, more fixes have occurred with judges decisions ( Holyfield / Lewis I. Pastrano / Johnson. Whitaker / Ramirez I. Roy Jones getting undressed at the Olympics. etc ) than the actual fights. Otherwise...Go Pats!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I am soo sorry pumpkin, did I hit a sour note for you? So what you're saying is that it is totally impossible for Pro ootball to be rigged or fixed in any way shaper or form? Thank Gawd for men like you, Slow, Affraid, and cannot think for themselves. So explain how just one ref in basketball could controll soo much. Explain how Don King and the entire Pro Boxing Circut is fixed and has been since the late 1900's? Explain how Hi-Jali players dont fix their games and share in the take,(done for years in Miami) I like you, in fact I would make you my boyfriend, you wanna know why. Cuz u is a genius and so sure about everything. Lol, I dotn shop at Malls Hun, Im a smart shopper I used my mans money for a boo bee job! In Response to Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed? :

Are you sure I didn't hit a nerve? Instead of babbling like a women (oops) about the NBA, Boxing and Jai-Alai (which are all comparable sports to the NFL in every way) why don't you attach a link that backs up the garbage coming out of your mouth about game fixing? It can be by anyone from the owners to the players so take your time.
    BTW- You must be saying I'm slow because of my nativity towards your point because you certainly can't mean it towards spelling and being able to put a paragraph together-moron. 

Do you believe in Aliens too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You really are just a dumb person. Pete Rose betting on his own team is far from evidence that TODAYS baseball is fixed. And bringing up teh black sox does not prove your point. The game has changed since then and if you say it hasnt then you are dead wrong. Congress keeps such a close eye on baseball now that the whole black sox thing for like 100 years ago could have never happend in todays game. And I didnt say it takes hundreds of year to fix something I just said that boxingis crazy old and therefore has had more time to become a currupt sport. Not to mention all the other valid points i made about boxing being a one on one sport. All you have to do to fix a boxing match is get one person to take a dive and thats it. Which is why boxing is a currupt sport. and bringing up horse racing as if its a real sport is just laughable. You sight all these examples to try and prove your point but none of them have anything to do with football so why dont you give us an example of how football is fixed?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed? : If you think the Steelers beating Seattle in the Super Bowl wasn't fixed, your crazy. I bet on the Steelers and still could not believe my eyes.Lakers against Portland in the NBA western Finals. Of course some games have been on the take. What about all the point shaving in college sports going on. I don't think the League is involved in any way though. This is strictly about money. Any College or Pro Player with a computer can have someone lay a bet for him. Don't be naive It's not only the refs it's also college kids. I knew the kid from Arizona State Steven "Hedake Smith who was involved with Point Shaving. IT HAPPENS
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have to give it up for the Refs in that game. That was the biggest sports s$crewing I have ever seen in my life..And yes I had the steelers too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Wow another genous of stupidity. I proposed a question, one that has merit and with Pro Sports on this planet cheating has been established and proven. Are my words too big for you yet?  Im guessing you have no idea what body language means huh? LOL and you want me to take the meds? Yes folks another blind fool with the mentality of a dancers pole. Get your dollars bills out hun, the girls are comming your way! In Response to Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed? :

I love pole dancers. Where are they?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Wow another genous of stupidity. I proposed a question, one that has merit and with Pro Sports on this planet cheating has been established and proven. Are my words too big for you yet?  Im guessing you have no idea what body language means huh? LOL and you want me to take the meds? Yes folks another blind fool with the mentality of a dancers pole. Get your dollars bills out hun, the girls are comming your way! In Response to Re: Can anyone say Pro Sports really isnt fixed? :

That's your response to my pointing out that your vague evidence of a massive conspiracy is absurd? Calling me names?

Do you have any actual evidence to support of your ridiculous theory that doesn't involve simply insulting those who question your assinine statement?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

No....no she doesnt Alfie.

Wendy please sight me one example of the NFL being fixed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm... How many people would have to be in on it to be fixed?  It would take unprecedented cooperation by the players, the refs, and the league.  In a day and age when keeping a secret is next to impossible, the NFL somehow does a better job at keeping their "fixed" games a secret than the CIA can keep its most sensitive operations secret?  C'mon, it would have been busted long ago.  In fact, I think it was busted decades ago.  

Take the NBA, a ref was caught for doing what you allege.  But you see, he was caught and punished and he was just one guy.  How do you do that with numerous guys over decades?

Not to sound demeaning or condescending, but I assure you that if you were ever involved in the planning and execution of any large and complex operation, you would come to appreciate how unlikely many conspiracy theories are.  It's next to impossible to get any large group of people to execute flawlessly even once.  Doing so in at least 256 games each year involving hundreds of players, coaches, officials, etc would be impossible.  Doing that for decades is as likely as Leon having an IQ above 50.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm... How many people would have to be in on it to be fixed?  It would take unprecedented cooperation by the players, the refs, and the league.  In a day and age when keeping a secret is next to impossible, the NFL somehow does a better job at keeping their "fixed" games a secret than the CIA can keep its most sensitive operations secret?  C'mon, it would have been busted long ago.  In fact, I think it was busted decades ago.   Take the NBA, a ref was caught for doing what you allege.  But you see, he was caught and punished and he was just one guy.  How do you do that with numerous guys over decades? Not to sound demeaning or condescending, but I assure you that if you were ever involved in the planning and execution of any large and complex operation, you would come to appreciate how unlikely many conspiracy theories are.  It's next to impossible to get any large group of people to execute flawlessly even once.  Doing so in at least 256 games each year involving hundreds of players, coaches, officials, etc would be impossible.  Doing that for decades is as likely as Leon having an IQ above 50.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Exactly..It's impossible to keep a conspiracy quiet when 2 people are involved let alone the whole league. However if the Patriots lose this weekend I will agree with this post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm... How many people would have to be in on it to be fixed?  It would take unprecedented cooperation by the players, the refs, and the league.  In a day and age when keeping a secret is next to impossible, the NFL somehow does a better job at keeping their "fixed" games a secret than the CIA can keep its most sensitive operations secret?  C'mon, it would have been busted long ago.  In fact, I think it was busted decades ago.   Take the NBA, a ref was caught for doing what you allege.  But you see, he was caught and punished and he was just one guy.  How do you do that with numerous guys over decades? Not to sound demeaning or condescending, but I assure you that if you were ever involved in the planning and execution of any large and complex operation, you would come to appreciate how unlikely many conspiracy theories are.  It's next to impossible to get any large group of people to execute flawlessly even once.  Doing so in at least 256 games each year involving hundreds of players, coaches, officials, etc would be impossible.  Doing that for decades is as likely as Leon having an IQ above 50.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Carawayd, that's his wife so be careful

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The problem is the discretion the refs have.  Go back to the SB loss to the Giants.  Manning is in the grasp of a Patriots player.  Other defenders are coming at him.  They are being grabbed by offensive linemen.....you can see them grabbing and holding.  Manning escapes, unfortunately, because the guy who has him is being pulled away. The ref is right there looking at it, and makes no call.  The pass is made and the catch off the helmet occurs.  That is the game.  IS it fixed? Who knows, but I was screaming at the refs to call holding.  That was a terrible loss.  And the Giants sucked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]    When the Patriots lost the last Superbowl. I will tell anyone here, go back to the Randy Moss touchdown with 3 minutes left, when he caught the Ball in the Endzone, he didnt celebrate, didnt dance, didnt even smile, in fact when you see him on camera he looked like he had just lost the game, I turned to my husband and said they are not going to win this game, and sure enough the Giants did. You are not going to like this, none of you will, but ALL PRO SPORTS IS FIXED, do you really think its just Wrestling? Gee one Basketball Ref got caught, yeah like there is only one! PLEASE, do you really think a group of BILLIONAIRES are going to gamble their hard Squeezed out of you the fans money and just take a chance with it? REALLY? Oh I know the haters will say Im crazy there is no way it can be done, All I say back is look around you, Just one ref huh? LMAO Gee Boxing isnt fixed at all, now take a look at MMA, take a look at Oh never mind you boys wont beleive it anyway. The Owners have you guys so fooled and spending yoru money that your house would burn down and you not even notice lol.
    Posted by Wendylee03[/QUOTE]YES! PRO SPORTS REALLY ISNT FIXED!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

You realize that you misspelled the word "genius" don't you?  And you're calling someone else stupid?

Please.  Go vent your anger elsewhere.  You started this thread, you deserve the shots that came your way.  Your first post was angry, accusatory and frankly pretty dimwitted.  What did you expect?  Do you think you're the only person out there who thought the Pats would lose that?  But your entire argument is based on Moss's expression after the TD.  Not smart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]Of course pro sports are fixed.  And the reason nobody has come forward to say so is because the commisioners offices have teams of ninja hitmen working for them to instantly eradicate anyone who may expose this fact.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Nice - LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is the discretion the refs have.  Go back to the SB loss to the Giants.  Manning is in the grasp of a Patriots player.  Other defenders are coming at him.  They are being grabbed by offensive linemen.....you can see them grabbing and holding.  Manning escapes, unfortunately, because the guy who has him is being pulled away. The ref is right there looking at it, and makes no call.  The pass is made and the catch off the helmet occurs.  That is the game.  IS it fixed? Who knows, but I was screaming at the refs to call holding.  That was a terrible loss.  And the Giants sucked.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Whhhaaaaahhhhh. How was the off season thinking about that for 6 months?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

To the author of this thread, assuming all sports are fixed, when the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics won 6 championships this decade, you felt no joy because the fix was in correct??

Why are you even here? Why do you watch sports? What's the point?

Why are you wasting your time here?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Anything can be fixed. With the possible exception of a 1972 Pinto. Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

I have first-hand knowledge that this is absolutely correct.

The rest of this thread, however . . .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

People can be bought (like the NBA Ref.).  So yes the odds say there are probably a few NFL Ref's on the take.

But to say the Sport is fixed is ridiculous and ignorant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

K-max why do you have signature youtube video of home invasion and rape? you condone that kind of crime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Football would probably be the most difficult sport to fix because of how many people are playing.  Even if you got one ref on the payroll he wouldn't be able to guarantee he could sway the game.  In order for it to be worth gambling on a fix it would have to be a sure thing.  If somebody were looking to fix a game they would probably just try a game that was easier to fix.
         I think what you see when you watch games where the officiating is really one sided is just that the refs can have bias effect thier calling.  I'm sure the refs try to put any bias aside but it still unintentionally comes out in where they look for the penalties and how they interpret them when the game is full speed.  The refs seem to always get the calls right in instant replay.  Everybody likes to see underdogs win.  The refs are human, they miss calls, they make bad calls, they get caught up in the emotions of a game sometimes.  The refs do a pretty good job and are fair the vast majority of the time

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Pro Sports not fixed! does that work for ya?

Sections
Shortcuts