Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks

Does anyone see any differance between Hobbs and him.....Weak at point of attack.... Always trailing receiver (especially when he plays off.....and just gets lost.....Is a better DB when covering slot....but not much.... Hope Raz I gets back soon

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks

I liked it when we blitzed Arrington off the corner. He's usually a good tackler but he got to Sanchez and missed him. I don't know where to put him in the secondary because no matter where it is his man always seems to get separation. I never liked Hobbs at corner and pretty much feel the same way about Arrington, except I think that Hobbs played softer than anyone I've ever seen play the position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i like him...hes a hitter, plays run well leads team in ints...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

only if he plays disco classic "i will survive" for the next 48 hours straight. good luck, kyle!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone see any differance between Hobbs and him.....Weak at point of attack.... Always trailing receiver (especially when he plays off.....and just gets lost.....Is a better DB when covering slot....but not much.... Hope Raz I gets back soon
    Posted by fishers5[/QUOTE]

For one, Arrington is a better tackler. 

For two, Hobbs was a better coverage guy ... he was just a midget. 

For three, Hobbs returned kicks. 

I like Arrington as the 4th corner ... but starting? He makes me wish for an Ellis Hobbs in his prime. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Arrington is really over his head as a starting corner, but I still like the way he's stepped up and contributed with the Pats corner problems over the past few years.   I wonder if there's a role for him as a safety some time down the road? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks:
    [QUOTE]Arrington is really over his head as a starting corner, but I still like the way he's stepped up and contributed with the Pats corner problems over the past few years.   I wonder if there's a role for him as a safety some time down the road? 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]\

I have a ton of respect for him as a player. He plays tough. He plays whatever role they ask him to play. He can do little things like blitz, tackle, gun on special teams. He is just a "C-" cover corner in a league where starting means you are facing "B" and "A" wide recievers every single week.

He's outmatched. Get him in there against other teams' 4 wide packages and he can be great, especially as a blitzer. He can also play that "pot-bellied-elephant" role where he is a linebacker or end, who can cover a RB way better than 90% of lbers and 99% of ends .. or he can blitz. 

Safety? I would mind seeing him at FS for some snaps. The other 15 corners that are injured will have to get healthy before we see that though, lol. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Can Arrington survive 2 more weeks:
    [QUOTE]Safety? I would mind seeing him at FS for some snaps. The other 15 corners that are injured will have to get healthy before we see that though, lol. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . . that's why I was saying "sometime down the road" . . . sadly that seems to be a very long road given our luck with second and third round picks at corner . . . 

Arrington does hit hard, though, and has even shown some ability to mix it up at the line of scrimmage, which makes me think he might not be a bad experiment at safety.

Speaking of corners mixing it up at the LOS, I've been kind of impressed with McCourty against the run recently.  He gets right in there and makes some pretty nice tackles once in a while. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I remember late in the season last year an opposing coach commenting how good Arrington was on film when he was asked about McCourty. I just can't remember who the coach was and it surprised me because I had never heard anyone locally or anyone on these boards complement him. Perhaps, like McCourty he has just gotten off to a slow start because of the lock out and he may be another Belichek gem in the long run.