Can Collins Become A Turnover Machine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Can Collins Become A Turnover Machine?

He has forced a turnover in almost every practice he's been a part of, does he have a knack for causing turnovers, how much of an impact will he have for this team? will he take snaps away from Spikes? I'm eager to see him on the field, see what he looks like..can't wait till friday...

This from field Yates: Forced turnovers have become a regular occurrence by Collins 

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Can Collins Become A Turnover Machine?

It would be great if he turned into a player. It's got to be hard playing in space as a linebacker in the NFL - just watching ours over the last five years has lead me to believe it's damn near impossible. Hopefully this guy get's it...understands what's coming at him...who's behind him, and how deep he needs to be. This is a very quick and fast kid we are talking about - he also is pretty thin - should be interesting to see him in a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

He has forced a turnover in almost every practice he's been a part of, does he have a knack for causing turnovers, how much of an impact will he have for this team? will he take snaps away from Spikes? I'm eager to see him on the field, see what he looks like..can't wait till friday...

This from field Yates: Forced turnovers have become a regular occurrence by Collins 

Your thoughts?

The media keeps praising his versatility in practices (which of course BB loves)....this guy could be a great addition to the D!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I hope so.  Another above average pass rusher who has a knack for turnovers can only help the Patriots, and help Jones too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I hope so.  Another above average pass rusher who has a knack for turnovers can only help the Patriots, and help Jones too.

From what I've read he hasn't done any pass-rushing drills, he's been more of a coverage LB so to speak, I wonder if they're going to make Hightower play more of a DE type role and have Collins play MLB..how would this formation look..Jones,Hightower rushing, and Mayo,Collins, and Nik on third downs covering? BB has some nice pieces to work with...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   of course you want to see more turnovers, or at the very least a lot more havoc in general, but you've got to be careful about counting on turnovers to bail out a defense that isn't . . .   ummm . . .   you know . . .   defending.

I remember a Patriots team of recent vintage that I believe set a record for turnover differential during the season, and then you'll never guess what happened in the post-season when they met a team -- a team we all love to hate (and laugh at) -- that wouldn't drop the ball?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

From what I've read he hasn't done any pass-rushing drills, he's been more of a coverage LB so to speak, I wonder if they're going to make Hightower play more of a DE type role and have Collins play MLB..how would this formation look..Jones,Hightower rushing, and Mayo,Collins, and Nik on third downs covering? BB has some nice pieces to work with...

I guess it depends on how they're planning on using him...as an OLB? as a DE? IMO, we need more help w/ pass rush and pass coverage. If used as a coverage guy, like you said, mebbe BB can use someone else to get pressure on the qb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .   of course you want to see more turnovers, or at the very least a lot more havoc in general, but you've got to be careful about counting on turnovers to bail out a defense that isn't . . .   ummm . . .   you know . . .   defending.

I remember a Patriots team of recent vintage that I believe set a record for turnover differential during the season, and then you'll never guess what happened in the post-season when they met a team -- a team we all love to hate (and laugh at) -- that wouldn't drop the ball?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

true. a lil defense, aka pass rush and pass defense wouldn't hurt...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have Collins as a 250 pound safety.  He would be only average as a rusher.  Sure, once a game they'll call a safety blitz.  I just don't see Collins as a true linebacker.  Send Chandler Jones in his elephant role or send Hightower, rugged guys that can get through to the QB. 

As a big, big safety with gorilla arms he has some extreme advantages.  Tight ends can't jump over him or push him off so easily. If he's battling a 190 pound wide receiver for a ball in the air, the wideout gets pushed away and Collins reaches the ball first.  So, he's going to get a few interceptions.  The strong safety regularly tackles running backs, so a big RB collision with Collins coming up with the ball is going to happen now and again.  Also, this guy hurts RBs when he collides, because of his mass.