Can Colts Win Their Last 3 Games?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Re: Can Colts Win Their Last 3 Games?

[QUOTE]

They better not, otherwise we might draw the conclusion that all that stuff we heard about how that Colts team last was the worst team ever and how it was evidence that Manning was MVP in absentia was a croc of... something.

[/QUOTE]

You might have a point except that the team playing now is really a shell of its former self. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree that they tanked by trotting out that laughable combo of Caldwell/Painter, so of course they're going to improve this year.  That doesn't prove that Manning was MVP in absentia though.  The Vick Ballards of the world really don't mean that the team around Luck is such a drastic difference than the team last year.  They didn't overhaul the team in one year (besides from the QB and HC that they had when they wanted to look worse than they reallt were as a team), but they made a few improvements. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed my point.  I never suggested nor do I believe they intentionally tanked.  but nice try. 

Did you hear that Caldwell was promoted yesterday to OC of the Ravens? 

As for Manning's MVP chatter from last year, it was just chatter.  The facts are that the colts had extensive injuries that might have only netted them 9-10 wins.  Manning never would have won MVP with that, although he truly may have been most valuable. 

But you are wrong - the team around Luck is significantly different from last year on both sides of the ball. 

BTW - their head coach has been away from the team for two months due to cancer.  Another nod for Luck's incredible play.

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I didn't miss your point.  I know a Colts fan would never admit they tanked.  It would probably be really hard to continue to root for a team if you admitted that they tanked on purpose.  Just like I'm sure you thought it was awesome when they didn't have the guts to go for perfection a few years back.  One man's cowardice is another man's savvy resting of players.

I definitely saw that Caldwell was promoted, and it's hilarious.  Great panic move in the opinion of a fan who doesn't like the Ravens.  He may be a decent coordinator, though, I don't see him as HC material or a leader which is what he had to be with the Colts. 

It was chatter, but it was annoying (which is why I made my original comment).  It's pointless to talk about how much of a difference in real wins Manning would have made.  No one knows that.  I would have to disagree that it is significantly different.  Sure they are trying to move away from being so Manning-centric.  Upgraded in the two most important spots, yes.  Improved in other places yes.  But to sit there and say they rebuilt Rome in a day is off. Rome wasn't as bad as they made it out to be when Manning was there and gone and Luck didn't inherit as bad of a team as people make it out to be.

Yeah, they've been without their head coach but they had an experienced coach step in for a guy who was barely there to begin with.  Either one is an improvement last year's coach so I consider that an upgrade, just like Luck is an improvement over Painter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They better not, otherwise we might draw the conclusion that all that stuff we heard about how that Colts team last was the worst team ever and how it was evidence that Manning was MVP in absentia was a croc of... something.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  Or to paraphrase...  The more the colts win, the more unequivocal proof of bill polians tanking scheme to get luck...

a QB can't do it alone...  Peyton went 3-13 his first year after polian tanked the prior year to get him.  Its so obvious, people just need to call it what it is ... The biggest tanking scandal in sports history.

somebody needs to investigate this, get some player quotes and write a book.     probably won't happen til colts make the playoffs, then the microscope will be on them. 

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  LOVE THAT!

Ol Polian, God love him, one of the most selfish men in football suddenly has an epiphany,  chooses give up his selfishness for the good of the team.  He put his own employment AND his son's employment on the line - all for the good of the colts.  That's Coolade's story. 

Sounds like Hallmark movie or a fairy tale (aren't they really the same?). 

Of course, like any good fiction, you can't let facts get in the way of the story.  For example, coolade's background about how this was Polian's second feeding at the colts "tank" doesn't work since Polian wasn't a part of the colts season prior to drafting Manning. 

Keep the ideas up though Coolade, I'll edit for you and we'll get ya published one way or another.  I hear there's a growing industry around toilet paper novels.  Apparently its a great holiday gift. 

[/QUOTE]

People like conspiracies.... I do obviously.  It is distasteful for some to imply cheating or to even use the word.  I just like to get at the truth and call it what it is.  I'm surprised more people on the board don't take up this discussion.  Maybe they're tired of it or just that it seems fruitless.

I've chatted up other people about it ( surprised?) , just to get their reaction.  Typical reactions are that it happens in other leagues , its kind of accepted, you can't prove it, etc.  why don't I agree?

Hmmm...  Maybe if the league and legions of jealous haters hadn't persecuted NE over a video camera ..?.  A million dollars and a draft pick? Seriously ? Yeah , little chance here that cheating the system to gain competative advantage in the draft is ok.  Apparently there are plenty of people who also don't like it but up up to now the story has been dismissed...

Oh well...  We'll see for how long... like I said, the more they win the more obvious it gets. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You might have a point except that the team playing now is really a shell of its former self. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree that they tanked by trotting out that laughable combo of Caldwell/Painter, so of course they're going to improve this year.  That doesn't prove that Manning was MVP in absentia though.  The Vick Ballards of the world really don't mean that the team around Luck is such a drastic difference than the team last year.  They didn't overhaul the team in one year (besides from the QB and HC that they had when they wanted to look worse than they reallt were as a team), but they made a few improvements. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed my point.  I never suggested nor do I believe they intentionally tanked.  but nice try. 

Did you hear that Caldwell was promoted yesterday to OC of the Ravens? 

As for Manning's MVP chatter from last year, it was just chatter.  The facts are that the colts had extensive injuries that might have only netted them 9-10 wins.  Manning never would have won MVP with that, although he truly may have been most valuable. 

But you are wrong - the team around Luck is significantly different from last year on both sides of the ball. 

BTW - their head coach has been away from the team for two months due to cancer.  Another nod for Luck's incredible play.

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I didn't miss your point.  I know a Colts fan would never admit they tanked.  It would probably be really hard to continue to root for a team if you admitted that they tanked on purpose.  Just like I'm sure you thought it was awesome when they didn't have the guts to go for perfection a few years back.  One man's cowardice is another man's savvy resting of players.

I definitely saw that Caldwell was promoted, and it's hilarious.  Great panic move in the opinion of a fan who doesn't like the Ravens.  He may be a decent coordinator, though, I don't see him as HC material or a leader which is what he had to be with the Colts. 

It was chatter, but it was annoying (which is why I made my original comment).  It's pointless to talk about how much of a difference in real wins Manning would have made.  No one knows that.  I would have to disagree that it is significantly different.  Sure they are trying to move away from being so Manning-centric.  Upgraded in the two most important spots, yes.  Improved in other places yes.  But to sit there and say they rebuilt Rome in a day is off. Rome wasn't as bad as they made it out to be when Manning was there and gone and Luck didn't inherit as bad of a team as people make it out to be.

Yeah, they've been without their head coach but they had an experienced coach step in for a guy who was barely there to begin with.  Either one is an improvement last year's coach so I consider that an upgrade, just like Luck is an improvement over Painter.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and all these improvements occur this year magically when last year it was completely lost on them...?  or they forgot that winning games was the objective...  Oops ... Oh that's right. We're supposed to make improvements to win games...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Yes jints.... Glad you asked.  BTW  thanks for the obnoxious thread.  Yeah I missed on saints pick and dolphins but not by as much as you think.

But I correctly called Pats ( -4) without hesitation and this pick was more challenging since the pundits were all split like 50/50.   so 1 (big) win, 2 losses. I ll take that obviously.

So this week we have some more juicy games,  so stay tuned.  We'll see if the real jints will stand up... Hope you enjoyed last nights game...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...  Or to paraphrase...  The more the colts win, the more unequivocal proof of bill polians tanking scheme to get luck...

a QB can't do it alone...  Peyton went 3-13 his first year after polian tanked the prior year to get him.  Its so obvious, people just need to call it what it is ... The biggest tanking scandal in sports history.

somebody needs to investigate this, get some player quotes and write a book.     probably won't happen til colts make the playoffs, then the microscope will be on them. 

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  LOVE THAT!

Ol Polian, God love him, one of the most selfish men in football suddenly has an epiphany,  chooses give up his selfishness for the good of the team.  He put his own employment AND his son's employment on the line - all for the good of the colts.  That's Coolade's story. 

Of course, like any good fiction, you can't let facts get in the way of the story.  For example, coolade's background about how this was Polian's second feeding at the colts "tank" doesn't work since Polian wasn't a part of the colts season prior to drafting Manning. 

Keep the ideas up though Coolade, I'll edit for you and we'll get ya published one way or another.  I hear there's a growing industry around toilet paper novels.  Apparently its a great holiday gift. 

[/QUOTE]

People like conspiracies.... I do obviously.  It is distasteful for some to imply cheating or to even use the word.  I just like to get at the truth and call it what it is.  I'm surprised more people on the board don't take up this discussion.  Maybe they're tired of it or just that it seems fruitless.

I've chatted up other people about it ( surprised?) , just to get their reaction.  Typical reactions are that it happens in other leagues , its kind of accepted, you can't prove it, etc.  why don't I agree?

Hmmm...  Maybe if the league and legions of jealous haters hadn't persecuted NE over a video camera ..?.  A million dollars and a draft pick? Seriously ? Yeah , little chance here that cheating the system to gain competative advantage in the draft is ok.  Apparently there are plenty of people who also don't like it but up up to now the story has been dismissed...

Oh well...  We'll see for how long... like I said, the more they win the more obvious it gets. 

[/QUOTE]
    I see. 

So actually this has nothing at all to do with the colts, but everything to do with that sh-muck (Kraft's word, I believe) bobby (Trump) belichick. 

If I were you, I'd take your real (as opposed to contrived) issue up with him or Roger Goodell. 

But thanks for letting all of us know your ulterior motives and that you are really just FOS. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It's always possible for the Colts to win 3 games in a row, but unlikely.  A split between the Colts and Texans would be great though for seeding reasons.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  LOVE THAT!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I see. 

So actually this has nothing at all to do with the colts, but everything to do with that sh-muck (Kraft's word, I believe) bobby (Trump) belichick. 

If I were you, I'd take your real (as opposed to contrived) issue up with him or Roger Goodell. 

But thanks for letting all of us know your ulterior motives and that you are really just FOS. 

[/QUOTE]

How does manipulating a team roster, coaching and gameplanning to go 0-13 after being a playoff team have nothing to do with the colts?  its blatant massive cheating of the system to get #1 pick.  Is it mere coincidence that polian went 3-13 after going to playoffs the prior year in 1997 to get #1 pick for manning?  Are you that slow...?  you just think it's ok to tank and will argue til the end of the earth.  Its not and polian was "fired"(again obviously) to remove himself from this unseemly pile of evidence.... and he continues to spin the situation in his favor in the hope that the public will buy it.  Maybe they will but I wont.

sorry, but you're delusional if you think this issue is going go quietly into the night.  Your organization will be going through this question for a long time. For good reason, not because you think other people are fos.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I hope they go 1-2, with the 1 being Sunday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They will not win both against the Texans...  'Maybe' one...

[/QUOTE]

One is all we need if the Pats win out, don't need the Dolts to win both.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

be nice to see them beat Houston twiice.

by the way are the colts more likable now, that pouting is gone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Patriots do win out....and Colt win last 3 games, the Patriots will secure the #1 seed.

Do Colts have what it takes? Especially to beat the Texans twice? I'm thinking not.

[/QUOTE]

im rooting for them to win sunday

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i want pitt out of playoffs so whatever that takes re colts/ cinci

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Not going to happen, BUT if Colts win out, they are division Champs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not going to happen, BUT if Colts win out, they are division Champs.

[/QUOTE]
    take all your cash out of the bank, morgage the house, and pawn all your property and take it to Vegas to double your net worth overnight - its that simple... - ccsjl

"Houston by 10... that's my pick "...? -ccsjl

Yur dum...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  LOVE THAT!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I see. 

[/QUOTE]

How does manipulating a team roster, coaching and gameplanning to go 0-13 after being a playoff team have nothing to do with the colts?  its blatant massive cheating of the system to get #1 pick.  Is it mere coincidence that polian went 3-13 after going to playoffs the prior year in 1997 to get #1 pick for manning?  Are you that slow...?  you just think it's ok to tank and will argue til the end of the earth.  Its not and polian was "fired"(again obviously) to remove himself from this unseemly pile of evidence.... and he continues to spin the situation in his favor in the hope that the public will buy it.  Maybe they will but I wont.

sorry, but you're delusional if you think this issue is going go quietly into the night.  Your organization will be going through this question for a long time. For good reason, not because you think other people are fos.

[/QUOTE]

HEY COOLADE!  TOO MUCH FUN. 

So wait, you think they actually manipulated the roster to fail?  Please do tell. 

And you believe Caldwell coached and game planned to lose his job?  Please explain.

Apparently you don't read.  Polian wasn't the colts GM in 97, you DAF idiot.  But look, WHY NOT figure out a way to fit that into your conspiracy, you know...to establish your pattern, right?  I think you could get Dennis Hopper's character from Apacolypse Now to buy in, but Bill Tobin might not. 

Look, I get it.  As you shared with the board, and the world, you've got your axe to grind.  You are a typical (not really insightful, like many on this board) Pats fan.  You are paranoid, angry, and oblivious.  I have no reason to believe that with you on the case (and your axe) that THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY.  For your sake, I'll be here to help you along. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You're the daft moron... Polian stepped in December of 1997 after observing, consulting advising newly crowned owner Jimmie irsay...  to make sure they get the #1 pick.  Do you think he takes the job without it? Course not... He saw Peyton and dollar signs...

Point is that the pattern was established, he learned the drill.  Right down to the tragic QB injury to use as an excuse... 97 it was harbaughs hand... 2011 Peyton's neck.  Brilliant.  Learned from the genius irsay, who saw Peyton coming down the pike just like he saw luck... Irresistable greed...  Couldn't not do it.

Sad that you deny this internal scheming that is the colts history and legacy.  Its right there buddy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. I hate them just as much. Already cant stand Luck. I live in Indiana, so there is no escape.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

You're the daft moron... Polian stepped in December of 1997 after observing, consulting advising newly crowned owner Jimmie irsay...  to make sure they get the #1 pick.  Do you think he takes the job without it? Course not... He saw Peyton and dollar signs...

Point is that the pattern was established, he learned the drill.  Right down to the tragic QB injury to use as an excuse... 97 it was harbaughs hand... 2011 Peyton's neck.  Brilliant.  Learned from the genius irsay, who saw Peyton coming down the pike just like he saw luck... Irresistable greed...  Couldn't not do it.

Sad that you deny this internal scheming that is the colts history and legacy.  Its right there buddy.

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, coolade (HEY COOLADE!) if we are going to dance, you've got to at least play within the rules. 

You need to explain how Polian manipulated the colts roster in 97 and how he took the colts to the playoffs in 96.  

And you need to explain how Caldwell intentionally coached and gameplanned to fail. 

oh and DAF is not daft, but who cares, right. 

Coolade, HEY COOLADE!, this has been helping you write your fantasy, the real world never goes away, the counselors would tell you acceptance is the best road to recovery. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No. I hate them just as much. Already cant stand Luck. I live in Indiana, so there is no escape.

[/QUOTE]
    How about those Hoosiers!?  Did you know that the #1 College Football and Basketball teams in the country reside right here in the state of Indiana? 

Kind of exciting, huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Week 15 at Houston:  Houston by 10.7 points.  Not good at all.  However, there's something called the Patriots effect.  When the Patriots blow out another team, the other team usually suffers a letdown versus the point spread next week. 

If Indy wants to get anywhere in the playoffs, they had better beat Houston at Houston now, or else they'll probably have to beat Houston at Houston in January.  So, name your poison, Indy.

At KC, Ind is favored by only 1.3 points.

At home versus Houston, Ind is favored by a mere 0.4 points.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, coolade (HEY COOLADE!) if we are going to dance, you've got to at least play within the rules. 

You need to explain how Polian manipulated the colts roster in 97 and how he took the colts to the playoffs in 96.  

And you need to explain how Caldwell intentionally coached and gameplanned to fail. 

oh and DAF is not daft, but who cares, right. 

Coolade, HEY COOLADE!, this has been helping you write your fantasy, the real world never goes away, the counselors would tell you acceptance is the best road to recovery. 

[/QUOTE]

You want to use bold italics to make your feeble points...?

ok, sure.  I guess I need to do the same.

Except it's  not necessary and irritating.

So regarding polian , the only explanation necessaryis that by definition, gms manipulate rosters which is the primary function that dictates the quality of a team.

When a team wins, the gm manipulates well, when they lose he does it poorly...

And when a team loses after polian had led the bills and colts to the playoffs 14 years out of 17, including 9 in a row with the colts...  and not just lose and miss the playoffs, but GO OH AND THIRTEEN...

THEN HE INTENTIONALLY MANIPULATED THE TEAM TO LOSE RATHER THAN TO WIN.  It is not possible otherwise...  A person cannot go from complete competence to ineptitude overnight.

It would be like Larry bird missing every free throw for an entire season. 

Dude, wake up and admit it.  At least pull a Scully and just own it, saying you would have done the same thing .

The right or wrong is a separate discussion maybe.

Sections
Shortcuts