Can Flacco beat us with his passing game?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Can Flacco beat us with his passing game?

Flacco's long balls hang in the air like mustard gas and it's gonna be the Ravens that end up chokin on it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Can Flaco beat us passing the ball? the short answer is yes...The Ravens are a formidable foe and trust me Belicheck and the coaches don't have to spend a ton of time convincing any of the players otherwise...The same is true for the Ravens coaches and player regarding playing the Patriots.

Both of these squads know that they can beat one another on any given Sunday. Ray Lewis can hype his team up all he wants before kickoff, but knows better then most that if they don't bring their A game to Gillette on Sunday. The Patriots will put up some pretty crooked numbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Flacco's long balls hang in the air like mustard gas and it's gonna be the Ravens that end up chokin on it.

[/QUOTE]

My only fear with that is how they call PI these days, I think he does that to possibly get a call.  I think his bomb to Jacoby Jones on Sat was more preying for a possible PI call downfield than it was an expecttion he would hit Jones in stride.

[/QUOTE]

That play had hail flutie written all over it.  Hail flacco

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

n response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hopefully our offense doesn't have any meltdowns against an old and tired Ravens D that just allowed 35 points.

[/QUOTE]

21 points. In 5 quarters. On 16 drives. Creating three turnovers. 

Maybe you want to set them up as "old and tired" by pretending two KR TDs count against their defense, but most people actually watched the game. 

Baltimore's *young* defense looks incredibly good right now with Ellerbe and Kruger coming off the edge. 

[/QUOTE]

35 points allowed is a good defense? 

Maybe their just channeling the "let's win it for Ray" thing really well 2 weeks in a row?

[/QUOTE]

I think that's more likely. Their defense is getting old. Mind you, I think they are still a threat, but they can be beaten. Denver lost that game more because of THEIR old defense (Bailey getting burned), and because of some bad coaching decisions more than any shutdown the Ravens put on them.

[/QUOTE]

And because of two special teams TDs. 

Really. Baltimore's old, tired defense had a pick six, forced three turnovers, and held the Denver offense to 21 points in 5+ quarters of play. 

Sorry, they are not looking especially old or tired right now. 

Meanwhile on this forum ... giving up 28 points to the Texans in 4 quarters is grounds for jubilation. 

Gotta love rhetoric that doesn't match with facts.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say NE's D gave up 28 points? 3 points came on a FG off a kick off return. The other kick off return also had them defending a very short field. What do you want them to do? Their first series is 1st and goal from the 7 or whatever it was?  This is how you rate the D?

LMAO

Balt allows 14 points in the first half alone and that's good?  If our D did that, you'd have 5 threads about it.

The score of 41-28 is very misleading:

1. NE's D was outstanding. Foster did nothing early. Many of his yards came in the second half when NE was playing clock. The fumble that they uncomfortably called "forward progress" meant NE's D yet again forced a turnover with NE possibly getting at least 3 points.

2. This was basically a redux of the December matchup with 4 horrendous calls that went against NE, helping Houston.

3. Houston was given a GIFT 3 points before half when they put :02 back on the clock with that bogus claim Houston called a timeout before the ref signaled the previous play was a catch.

So, it's 2 FGs alone that have nothing to do with the D.

We're down to 22 points at this point. Should I keep going because I am sure I can point to 2 more bogus calls that helped Houston's offense.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, last time I checked it out, 10 points on the scoreboad under the oppponents' name is still 10 ppints. I don't recall seeing "yardage gained on drive" up there.

Can we see what's happening? Special teams gets gashed for long runbacks, it's THEM that cost the Pats the game. The D gives up that late game, 70+ yard drive and they lose by 4, it's THEM that coughed up the game. If Brady is unable to get a critical 1st down with less than 3:30 left, and the Pats opun t from their 30, it's the COACHES that gakked it up (poor play calling). If Brady has teh team on the march at the end to go ahead, and he overthrows a WR, it's HIM that is the blame (unless, of course, you're Babe, and it's all on the WR). Undoubtedly, if a WR drops a critical wide open pass, it's HIM that cost them the game. If the Pats flat out lose, it's GRONK that cost them the game by being unable to play. Then, let's not forget the Refs Conspiracy Theory. And the beat goes on......

It's a team effort. I've been saying for the past few years that this bunch is NOT firing on all cylinders. Example: defense was a BIG problem last season. They finally stepped it up and gave up only 21 points in the SB, yet get blames for the loss. The offense is world beaters, you can only score 17 points. Lines are now drawn, and sides chosen to play the Blame Game. Fact is, there is more then enough to go around. Including the offense, very segment of this team has been torched at some time this season, during games. Yet, as long as they put up 12-14 wins/season, these flaws are overlooked, denied, or passed off as being not important. But, when the ultimate result is not winning the SB, the blame starts flying around.

The funniest part is when I, Tex, and other point out these flaws, we are immediately challenged by Rand McNally experts, and get jibberish oike "Why can't you enjoy what they do?" Sorry, but just making the playoffs after 12 wins is GREAT, if you live in KC, Philly, or San Diego. We expect the Pats to win it all. But, what are those expectations built on? 12-14 regular season wins?  Then when the toe stub happens, as it has consistently since the 2005 season, many of us act soooo surprised at the result.

As a realist, I'll take Flacco and his receivers over the Pats defense. Toss in Rice as either a RB or receiver, and it's no doubt. I'll also take the Pats offense over the Ravens defense. Special teams? Toss up, as they both had issues last weekend. Just pay attention to what's being said about the upcoming game. I'm not hearing a single person heralding the Pat's defense. There's a reason for this.

My prediction: Pats by 4, with team scores exceeding 30.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My only fear with that is how they call PI these days, I think he does that to possibly get a call.  I think his bomb to Jacoby Jones on Sat was more preying for a possible PI call downfield than it was an expecttion he would hit Jones in stride.

[/QUOTE]

What does that pass by Flacco and any/all other "Hail Mary" passes have in common? They HAVE to throw it up like that. No Old School Manning "laser sharp passes" ever work that far down the field, IF a QB could ever throw a tight fast spiral more than 25-30 yds. We saw in the GB/Seattle game earlier this season that they refs let them play. I'll agree 1000% that that should have been a PI call on the WR, but that's not the point. If it's really flagrant, the hankies will come out from the "real" refs. If not, there'll be no call, both ways, like the call on Hernandez last week.