CAN I JUST POINT SOMETHING OUT...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

CAN I JUST POINT SOMETHING OUT...?

considering that the offense and special teams have given the ravens such short fields i think the defense has played a pretty good game today.  its not their fault that the offense hasnt held up their end of the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: CAN I JUST POINT SOMETHING OUT...?

Fowler....   this is true, but, the D could still have stopped those TD's!!  The D has been playing poor run D, this has contributed to the Raven's eating up clock.  As for the O, poor play execution and the fact the Raven's D is playing well, on their side of the ball, is the greatest reason for that lack of execution.  Brady does not have any time, nor is he seeing, apparently, any receivers open down field. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Maybe if they could get some 3 & outs I'll give them some credit but poor tackling on Ray Rice has done them in today. Those are things that didn't happen in 01/03/04. The Pats defence could befuddle a high powered Colts attack in 03 and again in 04 but they get pushed around by a running team like the Ravens who have no passing attack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

That's becasue the Ravens offense have not HAD to do anthing....Agianst Indy or
    the SD they would GET torched.

This team has big issues everywhere.....
    I envision a lot of changes this offseason...
    We have very few playmakers on this team.

Offense hs been painfully predicatable and one dimensional...
    Welker, Welker, Welker Welker.
    Moss has disappeared....
    No running game
    No pass rush
    Defense is awful on 3rd down

I did not forsee this big of a drop off this year....wow

Let's see if BB is really a genius this offseason.
    Parcells was able to redefine the Dolphins in one year, lets ss if BB is made of the same stuff.

Today was just an embarrassment.....worst in 10 yrs

PATHETIC. SHAMEFUL

Brace yourself for a big shake up this offseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Nope....too many 3rd down conversions.  This team is horrible...offense defense special teams coaching....everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

...i think the defense has played a pretty good game today.

Most of us aren't allowed to criticise on this board, so, perhaps, it's safer to say that the Pats will probably win every game next year.  As far as the defense goes, I think they're the best in the whole league....regardless of how they play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

How did we win 10 games?  
    Now that the season is over it's got me scratching my head.

All season I really did not see this team HIT anybody.

When did smashmouth football leave NE?

Bunch of pu@@ies !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

wow... did not expect this reaction. im sick of the god  *damn negativity from the fans in NE.  this is probably the worst fan base in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

fowl, i don't i can agree with your assessment of today's performance on d. it does not matter how you look at it, the d did not show playoff caliber performance.

stat-wise, i don't even know if we should start at points given up, yards given, first downs given up. i don't think it matters, especially when you look at what actually happened on the field.

how many times did they miss tackles on just one play...any play. i know rice is a good rb, but it's amazing how many times they whiffed.

the d-line did not deliver. i don't blindly believe in the notion that the d-linemen in a 3-4 align is there merely to draw double teams and clog up the middle. if the coach decides that only three men rush on an obvious pass play, i believe that there is an expectation that the three men rushing can actually create pressure. it does not matter if you have 8 men on the backfield, a pass will be completed if you give a decent qb forever to through his progression...especially when the qb has been well-coached about where there will be holes on that 7-man zone in the back.

lbs: i was doing something else while the tv was on, but i only saw mayo get through to the backfield. this may be more a function play design and play-calling.

i can go on and on.

special teams were not that great either. they gave up good field position a few times, and not to mention the td. the bright spot were the returns. of course it was partly the schemes, but i rewound the returns ad reviewed them. the guys returning today worked hard for their own yards. one big difference i noticed today with the return guys is that they ran at full speed teh second they caught the ball. i hve been noticing this for a few years now - ne returners don't run full speed right away. they kinda trot a few yards after catching, as if they want to see first where to run, only to find out that the holes won't be there when they get to the spot. today, the returners earned roughly ten yrds or more before the the other team got near them. if these returners are that good then, where were they? why have they not been used before?

i think you are trying to make a point about some spots that ne can built on for next year. i agree. i just don't think they are things you said, or perhaps you need to be more specific.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

fowl, i have to say one bright spot is julian e. if he can learn to have as reliable hands as welker, i think he might be could be as good as if not better than welker. regardless, even with hi skills now, i think he should have a spot in the roster next year....oh, and so does teh agelss faulk!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Tell tale sign....two to go in the first half.....Pats punt and pin the Ravens inside the five with 3 timeouts.  Ravens calmly ran the ball (5 year old soccer fans knew they would run and they still still still got the first down).  They probably didn't have a chance ...but to me that summed it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

FOW, It's tough to be happy after such an @$$ kicking.  I expect everyone from Kraft down to be as P!ssed as I am.

Sections
Shortcuts