Can Oakland turn things around by 2011?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Can Oakland turn things around by 2011?

I wonder what pick we will recieve from Oakland in 2009.  There's no way to predict the future, but looking at the past 6 years this is where they selected in the 1st round-

2009---#7
    2008---#4
    2007---#1
    2006---#7
    2005---#7
    2004---#2

That's an average of pick of 4.66 in the first round.  But things might be heading in the other direction as thier picks have risen from 1 to 4 to7 in the past 3 years.  So where do you think we'll be picking from?  Top 5?  Top 10?  or even higher?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Can Oakland turn things around by 2011?

In Response to Can Oakland turn things around by 2011?:
    [QUOTE]I wonder what pick we will recieve from Oakland in 2009.  There's no way to predict the future, but looking at the past 6 years this is where they selected in the 1st round- 2009---#7 2008---#4 2007---#1 2006---#7 2005---#7 2004---#2 That's an average of pick of 4.66 in the first round.  But things might be heading in the other direction as thier picks have risen from 1 to 4 to7 in the past 3 years.  So where do you think we'll be picking from?  Top 5?  Top 10?  or even higher?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone should be too worried. Oakland won't turn anything around until they trade for a new owner. This franchise is as pathetic as the patriots were in the early 90's befor Parcells

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Can Oakland turn things around by 2011?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can Oakland turn things around by 2011? : I don't think anyone should be too worried. Oakland won't turn anything around until they trade for a new owner. This franchise is as pathetic as the patriots were in the early 90's befor Parcells
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think we will be looking at a Top 5 pick.  Of the teams who picked before them this year, I see all of them being better in the next few years.

Detroit-New coach, new QB, can only go up from 0-16
    St. Louis-Never seen this low, should get better
    KC- New QB, new Gm, will get better
    Seattle-Might be around the same
    Browns-Should get better with Ratgini
    Bengals-Might be around the same

I can't see more than 3 teams who will be worse off that the Raiders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

I think there are a couple of very smart reasons the patriots went for the 2011 first rounder.

1 - There is the possibility that there will be a rookie cap then so the patriots can get a top 10 pick cheap as dirt!!!

2 - People have to look at Tom Brady's age, in 2 years he's probably going to be starting his descent so i think there is a very high chance that they draft their QB of the future and let him learn behind the best for a couple of years!

3 - Raiders realistically are not going to get much better so the patriots are pretty sure theyre gna get a top 10 pick.

Its a big risk by the patreiots that may have some short term consequences but it hink that they are going to play a more 4-3 base with Burgess playing where he was dominant in Oakland and there is also the risk that if the CBA is not resolved that there could be no football in 2011 ut obviously thats ridiculous so forget that :P

Although i was initially shocked i think that someone is going to step up to replace Seymour this year, maybe not get 8 sacks but everyone will chip in!

Overall, another great move by the master, Bill

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

[QUOTE]I think there are a couple of very smart reasons the patriots went for the 2011 first rounder. 1 - There is the possibility that there will be a rookie cap then so the patriots can get a top 10 pick cheap as dirt!!! 2 - People have to look at Tom Brady's age, in 2 years he's probably going to be starting his descent so i think there is a very high chance that they draft their QB of the future and let him learn behind the best for a couple of years! 3 - Raiders realistically are not going to get much better so the patriots are pretty sure theyre gna get a top 10 pick. Its a big risk by the patreiots that may have some short term consequences but it hink that they are going to play a more 4-3 base with Burgess playing where he was dominant in Oakland and there is also the risk that if the CBA is not resolved that there could be no football in 2011 ut obviously thats ridiculous so forget that :P Although i was initially shocked i think that someone is going to step up to replace Seymour this year, maybe not get 8 sacks but everyone will chip in! Overall, another great move by the master, Bill
    Posted by mattadlard[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing about snagging a Franchise QB in 2011.  How old will that make Brady then?  34?  It's too bad he can't play forever.  He could easily play until he's 38-40.  Don't you think?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Oakland will turn things around by 2011. And with tremendous help from Seymour, who fills a huge need for them. Two years is a long way down the road, and they have some excellent young talent.

As for all of ours fans calling this a "steal" and more genius from BB, shame on you. Seymour was the man. He could have been the man again this year. The defense now has big problems, and we are praising the release of the one guy who could have helped solidify this unit? We receive a pick who won't play for 3 years. Whether it is a #5, a #15, or a #25, who knows? Who cares. Remember, if Gholston had slipped to us, BB would have taken him. How does that strike you? Seymour for a future Gholston?

This trade stinks. Worse than Vrabel and Cassel for Chung.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I think there are a couple of very smart reasons the patriots went for the 2011 first rounder. 1 - There is the possibility that there will be a rookie cap then so the patriots can get a top 10 pick cheap as dirt!!! 2 - People have to look at Tom Brady's age, in 2 years he's probably going to be starting his descent so i think there is a very high chance that they draft their QB of the future and let him learn behind the best for a couple of years! 3 - Raiders realistically are not going to get much better so the patriots are pretty sure theyre gna get a top 10 pick. Its a big risk by the patreiots that may have some short term consequences but it hink that they are going to play a more 4-3 base with Burgess playing where he was dominant in Oakland and there is also the risk that if the CBA is not resolved that there could be no football in 2011 ut obviously thats ridiculous so forget that :P Although i was initially shocked i think that someone is going to step up to replace Seymour this year, maybe not get 8 sacks but everyone will chip in! Overall, another great move by the master, Bill
    Posted by mattadlard[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

So we will change defensive schemes, get a "dominant" year out of a malcontent Raider who hasn't had a good year in the last two, and replace a Pro Bowl stud with character with an unknown rookie (thereby also eliminating depth at the position), and all will be just hunky dory? Praise be to BB!!!! Dan S. has it right in his column today. This trade stinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]Oakland will turn things around by 2011. And with tremendous help from Seymour, who fills a huge need for them. Two years is a long way down the road, and they have some excellent young talent. As for all of ours fans calling this a "steal" and more genius from BB, shame on you. Seymour was the man. He could have been the man again this year. The defense now has big problems, and we are praising the release of the one guy who could have helped solidify this unit? We receive a pick who won't play for 3 years. Whether it is a #5, a #15, or a #25, who knows? Who cares. Remember, if Gholston had slipped to us, BB would have taken him. How does that strike you? Seymour for a future Gholston? This trade stinks. Worse than Vrabel and Cassel for Chung.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]Same old troll BS from a Jets fan who is easily fooled. Does anyone aside from him think that BB would have taken Gholston when he identified Mayo as a star.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]Oakland will turn things around by 2011. And with tremendous help from Seymour, who fills a huge need for them. Two years is a long way down the road, and they have some excellent young talent. As for all of ours fans calling this a "steal" and more genius from BB, shame on you. Seymour was the man. He could have been the man again this year. The defense now has big problems, and we are praising the release of the one guy who could have helped solidify this unit? We receive a pick who won't play for 3 years. Whether it is a #5, a #15, or a #25, who knows? Who cares. Remember, if Gholston had slipped to us, BB would have taken him. How does that strike you? Seymour for a future Gholston? This trade stinks. Worse than Vrabel and Cassel for Chung.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

Seymour was gone after this season anyway and to get a top ten draft pick in 2011 - (Raiduhs are not going to improve much in two years - especially w Seymour gone when his contract ends at the end of 2009).

I can also see BB trading one of the 2010 2nd round picks for a 1st rounder in 2011 and can then have three 1st rounders in hopefully a rookie cap year!

I also do not think BB will take a QB in the first round. An LT, G, DE or TE maybe, but not a QB......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

The Boston Celitcs taught us this is a great trade. The big three stayed to the very end and we lost many games for the next 10 years. Get value when you can and always balance the present with the future. Big Sey was gone next year anyway - better to get a number 1 then risk getting nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

yo i hate you. so much. everytime i read one of your posts it just pisses me off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

You guys..... Bob is a angry troll......He says many stupid things on the many different threads here.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]You guys..... Bob is a angry troll......He says many stupid things on the many different threads here.....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]Absolutely correct. He is an embarassed Jets fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

To get back on track here with the actual question of whether or not the Raiders will be any better you have to look at how they will be playing. Every year your team plays one division in the AFC and one in the NFC. This will determine the strength of their schedule. Only problem we have then is that the current system is set to stop after the 2010 season, as it was put in place along with the current CBA. Since it is a good system, we should figure it stays relatively the same.

So figure out who the raiders were set to play in 2011 if the current system were to keep going on the same way.

Sections
Shortcuts