Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?

This author contends that Ochocino won't be able to put up Moss-like numbers here in New England. What do you think? Is 75 catches, 1,100 yards and 8 TDs feasible?

http://www.bostonsportsplus.com/2011/08/is-chad-ochocinco-next-randy-moss.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Re: Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?

No , Moss is on another planet. He was a TD machine for his entire career. He was faster , more skilled , more athletic , better hands , just a much better WR. Moss is one of my all time favorite players. Before he came here from Oak , i knew he would bust out for at least 12-1300/15-18 TD's. Our offense is going to look a lot more like last years , as opposed to 07'. I think i can speak for most everyone in saying were much better spreading the ball around like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Brady has a lot of quality targets this years, including backs and tight ends. I think Welker may get his 90 catches, but after that it's possible that no one else has as many as 65. Im really curious to see if Branch gets lost in the shuffle or if Edelman has a bounce-back season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I just want him to be ALMOST as good as Deion Branch.  But either way, O.K. Taylor Price is looking like the man, anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He wont because Brady will spread the ball around  lot this year. If he gets 40 catches it will be a banner year. DFoes anyone actually think if the team is winning  Ocho will actually complain that he's not getting enough balls? He never won in cincy. One year the playoffs and Kimo Vonohthoffen *sp* and obscurity after. Winning means a lot to him. Being part of something. I bet he gets something like 40 catches, 8 or 9 TD's 800 yds. Moss didnt go over the middle like Chad does. 20K proves that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Apples & oranges....Moss is/was in a league of his own...Chad is a different type of receiver than Moss..more route runner than down hill threat...neither one could block worth crap...Brady will hit the open guy & with the options he'll now have with the new RB's he's got & Welker being a year healthier & Price/Tate a year more farmiliar with the system Brady will spread the ball all over the place....Chad getting 700/800 yds & 7-9TD's sounds  about right to me...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Well Moss instently connected with Brady, he knew what he had to do to get the ball thrown to him. Honestly it is up to Chad to run his routes the best he can and be open for a catch. The guy runs great routes and with all the other possible weapons on the field I know this guy could get 8-12 TD's. As for getting to 1,000 yards, he will have to rack up a lot of YAC to get to that number. If Chad finds a rythm with Brady he might become one of the go to guys and see his completions increase. Besides Welker and maybe Gronk, Chad has the best chance at becoming one of Brady's favorite targets on a consistent basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Our offense was built around Moss in 07, as you know, worked great.

Once Moss lost his ability, or will, to gain separation the offense took a hit.

It's a totally re-built offense now with BJGE, solid TE play, solid WR and even the 07 Moss would not have the 07 numbers with this new Patriots offense.

That being said Ochocinco was never Randy Moss and I'm still highly doubtful that he will do very much here and I think he may end up being nothing more than adequate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

I just cant wait for the regular season to start! GO PATS!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I believe that Ochocinco was brought in for insurance and not a savior.  With Branch having a history of injuries and Welker taking a pounding every game, one of them will go down.  Chad gives them another weapon across the middle.  Edelman has not proven himself and is often injured.  Tate and Price are the deep threats.  I think it will be more of the type of offense that won them the superbowls.  Brady will pass the ball to 9 or 10 different receivers every game.  No one receiver will have gaudy numbers but the team will be winning.  The only way that any receiver will get great numbers is if the defense is as powerful as it appears to be.  I see a lot of high scoring games becouse the defense will have a lot of 3 and outs.  I picture the offense on the field for long drives and clock management being key. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Truthfully I'm not sure if any 1 WR will break 1000yrds this season. Not because none of them can but because we have so many that could.

I know it sounds weird but Price looks like the real deal and have turned many a sports guy around to how good how could be, Hernandez is as always a best, Ridley and Woodhead both have solid hands out of the backfield, Gronk is always a red zone threat, Welker is the go to target, Branch has the chemistry with Brady, and finally you have Ocho the new tool. That's 7 targets that Brady can go to at any point (I only counted players I think will get over 25 rec's this year) So if you figure that the average yrds/rec is around 10 that would mean that 1 of the 7 had over 100 touches (Welker being the most likely). The way Brady spreads the ball around I see the RB's getting 25-40 recs each this year with the TE's getting 45-60 recs and the WR's getting 50-80 recs

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ocho will make some big plays no doubt and I predict somwhere between 30 to 50 balls, but i dont think he will score that many TD's.... he is not great at seperating and there are bigger red zone threats like Gronk and I also believe we will run more in the redzone...but I will say 5 maybe 6 TD's....and thats not a bad thing, but I think Wr's will come in and out of rotation and I believe we spread the ball and run more as well...(I hope)

We have the horses to run more, but will Brady resist the temptation of all the recieving options he has now??  that is the question..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Moss broke a record held by Jerry Rice and Chad won't break that record. Nor will Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Moss' 07 season was extrordinary...it's not likely that the record will be broken any time soon. I still think Chad could have an 80+ catches 1,000 yrd season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I really wish people would stop putting Moss and Ocho in the same sentence, nay, in the same topic of conversation. 

Moss was on another level, on another plane of existance.  He was one of the greatest talents any of us will ever see.  Ocho on the other hand, is just another Deion Branch.  Talented, capable, skilled.  Somone that can definitley help your team.  Can he put up Moss numbers?  No.  Maybe if he was the #1 go to target but no way it happens in this spread offense. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Zero chance he puts up Moss numbers. Especially with Gronk and Hernandez being a big focal point of the offense now. Welker is a lock for 80-100 catches..then Branch. There is only 1 football. Not happening. The numbers you propose are top 10-15 in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

How soon we forget.

Not very long ago, it was, that many (okay . . .   some) hereabouts complained that Brady was relying on Moss too much.

Look at it this way:

If Ocho does put up Moss-like numbers, that won't be a good thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss? :   You're looking at a defense that cannot play without a big lead, therefore a lot of points need to be put up quickly.  

I guess you haven't been paying attention.  Figures.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?:
    [QUOTE]This author contends that Ochocino won't be able to put up Moss-like numbers here in New England. What do you think? Is 75 catches, 1,100 yards and 8 TDs feasible? http://www.bostonsportsplus.com/2011/08/is-chad-ochocinco-next-randy-moss.html
    Posted by bosoxfan5990[/QUOTE]

yes. as the season progresses he will become a valuable target for the deep ball and teams will have to respect that again with the Patriots, i say 100 catches, 1,000 yrads 10-15 TDs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Comparing apples to oranges here. Moss = deep threat. Chad = possesion receiver with some frills. He just doesn't have the deep threat presence that Moss did. He runs great routes, and will definitely have to be accounted for.

Bottom line is that he doesn't need to put up Moss numbers. We have so much talent catching the ball....defenses will be bumming trying to cover everyone. Ochocinco, Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Price...who are you going to leave uncovered? Tom has lots of toys to play with this year....should be fun to watch!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can Ochocinco Pull a Moss? : yes. as the season progresses he will become a valuable target for the deep ball and teams will have to respect that again with the Patriots, i say 100 catches, 1,000 yrads 10-15 TDs
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Your on an illegal substance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Chad Johnson (I refuse to use the O word) is not Randy Moss. No one should expect him to put up the same kind of numbers. Moss is a unique physical specimen the like of which we may never see again. Johnson is good, but he'll never be Randy Moss.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Moss is the second best receiver in the history of the NFL

I don't think it's fair to compare ANYONE to him, other than Jerry Rice