Can our secondary stop Andre Johnson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Can our secondary stop Andre Johnson?

This will be a good test for Bodden, Springs and company right before the playoffs.
    So I ask with most teams in the playoffs having good to great receivers can our secondary with the help of a somewhat revived pass rush shut them down?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Can our secondary stop Andre Johnson?

Hey, Who voted "only if we have a pass rush"

I love this game headed into the playoffs because Houston has a good quarterback, running back and wide receiver.We haven't seen this in a few weeks and I believe we better put some pressure on Schaub or it's going to be a good game for Johnson.. I'm hoping what we saw last week was a sign of things to come. They were flying to the ball from all sides on defense but this week we need to show we can shut it down all together..The pass rush is going to be a huge factor this week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Yes put springs on him and Sanders over the top

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

no...they have yet to prove that they can handle that type of arsenal.  Also, houston doesnt just have Johnson they also have a few other recievers that are threats, as well as a solid kick returner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Is their Oline any good? Will we be able to pressure "Schlob"? Can TBC and Burgess get to him?.....I'm in a very questioning mood this morningCool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Houston has allowed 24 sacks this year which puts them in the upper part of the NFL for fewest sacks allowed. Indy has been sacked 12 times and I think Painter might be responsible for a couple of the those. The Pats have allowed 16 sacks.

RKTEAMATTCOMPPCTYDSYDS/ALONGTDINTSACKYDSLRATEYDS/G
    1Indianapolis56638467.843837.9803417128899.0292
    2Houston55437567.743598.17227162414196.6291
    3New Orleans51536370.542538.575341120135109.4284
    4New England55436565.941937.7812812169097.0280
    5San Diego47431065.440248.88127925167104.5268
    6Dallas51632362.639928.1802483218097.0266
    7Pittsburgh50833365.639478.46025134732997.5263
    8Green Bay52433563.939448.18329750306102.0263
    9Philadelphia51731560.938988.07127133425993.3260
    10Arizona56337366.338777.24526152618491.6258

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Their offense definitely has game. I hope we see our starters on "D" for the first half anyway so we can gauge where we are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This is the test for the Patriots.  Thier pass defense has been suspect, but they've simplified lately and played better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I do not know the answer, but it is not a disgrace if your secondary cannot. 

With apologies to many other deserving WR's, he is the best in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think all of us fans have lingering doubts about the following:

1. Can we win on the road against a decent team?
    2. Can our pass defense avoid being shredded by a good pass team?

I hope we play all-out for at least a half.  I hope we go three quarters that way.  It's fair to assume that the players have the same two doubts listed above.  Brady even alluded to doubts earlier this week.  We need to remove those doubts before we face the Chargers or Colts on their turf.  If we keep playing solid, we will control the Texans pass offense.  Andre will make some plays on us because he is a great receiver.  We just can't let him beat us consistently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

It will be hard and if we sit guys it will be even harder but I think we could do it if we played our guys and went all out. But i dont think we will do that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

even thought the texans pass the ball as well as anyone, their offense still likes to run the ball to set up the play action, we have to stop the run first, force them into obvious passing downs, and TBC and company have to get to the quarterback.

with that said, i still think the texans will have success. They are very good @ home.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It would be a good Barometer heading into the palyoffs harley but I'm not sure if BB is going to start the first string (I wouldn't).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I think the "PAL"yoffs would be Dogg and Jbolt behind closed doors...Kiss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i think they can... BB will gameplan to take him out... they have a better shot if TBC and Co. and make matt shaub uncomfortable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We probably couldn't cover him even in a "meaningful" game. Does anyone?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Houston scores 40 and the people on this forum will be wringing their hands on Monday. Houston fans will be hallucinating something brilliantly original like "Now we have something to build on". 
    Of course, I'm usually wrong except when I predicted that something fishy would happen in the Colts / Jerks game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

With Wilhite playing RCB, the answer is no. With Springs, Sanders now playing in the secondary the sky is the limit. 

To me, the NE defense has only played awfully in two games--The Saints & @  The Phins-- and I have faith that they can stop a good team. If you think about those two games, who was the CB always getting picked on?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not sure it even matters.  Houstons offense is based on Johnson and they have thrown to him more than any other team has thrown to a wide receiver.  That is great for getting big stats but it doesn't win games.  To put it in perspective Welker who has been thrown to less has 122 receptions to Johnson's 95.  When throwing to Johnson, Schaub's completion percentage is 59%, when Brady throws to Welker he completes 76% (Reggie Wayne 66%).  They force the ball to him every game and he still has less TD's than Moss (and only about 300 more yards) who doesn't get thrown to nearly as much.  They are trying to use thier deep threat as a posession receiver.

The Patriots would probably love for them to force the ball to him again.  He can walk out of that game with 150 yards and a TD and they will still lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Daniels is on IR.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I would say NO! They didn't stop him or the rest of their receivers. Again no pass rush, and Wilhite is horrible.

Sections
Shortcuts