Can Pats win a playoff game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Can Pats win a playoff game?

With this defense, a playoff quarterback will have a field day.....Can we win our home game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Re: Can Pats win a playoff game?

as long as they don't play Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the first round.  Anything else is up for grabs.

How the heck can GB have 4 quality WRs and we can't find one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yeah, if the offense is hitting on all cylinders. A better question is will they and are they a SB caliber team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Wes Welker isn't a quality receiver? Lol I'd take him over anyone GB has easily

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think matchups are key. 

NE will have to have a special day against a team with a great defense. Statistics show they won't win consistently, or even at a .500 clip if they score less than 23 points. 

Ne's defense could also step up and play well too. It's not impossible. We've seen them execute some smoke and mirrors gameplans this season against decent offenses like Dallas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

doubt the patriots get a first round bye so they will probably end up playing the jets in the first round so yes. they can beat the jets. round two will be tough but they seem to play better when they don't have a bye week so maybe. 

the ravens will beat the patriots in a tiebreaker and so will the texans. the texans beat the falcons with their backup qb today and have a very easy schedule the rest of the way as the bengals have become the bengals again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Pats D does give up yds but has only given up 30 pts and 20 pts more than Balt and PitHowever has scored 90 more than Balt and 100 more than Pitt.
    They have beaten at the time the "Best" D in the NFL twice NYJ.

Playoffs are a totally different situation. Just remember the Pats were not even supposed to be on the same field with the Rams when they got the first SB. 14 pt underdog
    Then we were supposed to beat NYG and didn't. 12 pt favorite

Every thing depends on the day the game is played nothing before matters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

We can but it won't be easy.  Our offense can be slowed down considerably by a tough team that plays physical man coverage, and Brady can be thrown off his game by a strong rush.  As for our D, well needless to say they can be taken advantage of. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They can't win a play off game with this defense.  But they aren't healthy right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought there were a lot of new faces on the field on defense today.  Maybe BB was taking a chance against Indy by putting in some second stringers to see how well they could play.  Ocho still can't catch a pass to save his life; it's bizarre and a shame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Can Pats win a playoff game?:
    [QUOTE]With this defense, a playoff quarterback will have a field day.....Can we win our home game?
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad you don't have my back...  yee of little faith....  I recall 2001 had a lot of this and they won it all.  I am not saying there are no concerns, but, if the team has faith in itself.. oh, wait, it doesn't matter how the team or BB feels, the fans KNOW better!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game?:
    [QUOTE]doubt the patriots get a first round bye so they will probably end up playing the jets in the first round so yes. they can beat the jets. round two will be tough but they seem to play better when they don't have a bye week so maybe.  the ravens will beat the patriots in a tiebreaker and so will the texans. the texans beat the falcons with their backup qb today and have a very easy schedule the rest of the way as the bengals have become the bengals again.
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

Pats are the top seed in the AFC as we speak today. They have the easiest schedule the rest of the season although Denver and Miami are coming on strong and we already lost once to Buffalo. 

I like our chances for a first round bye and a good chance we make it to the AFC championship where anything can happen. 

If we have to play in the first round then all bets are off. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

they will win 3 of them, in fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]They can't win a play off game with this defense.  But they aren't healthy right now.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

You don't have a cake until all the ingredients are assembled properly and cooked the appropriate time.  But I sure see the ingredients coming together, it's in the oven, and in about 4 more games, it's going to be out of the oven and smelling SWEEEEEET.  Mark my words.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game? : Pats are the top seed in the AFC as we speak today. They have the easiest schedule the rest of the season although Denver and Miami are coming on strong and we already lost once to Buffalo.  I like our chances for a first round bye and a good chance we make it to the AFC championship where anything can happen.   If we have to play in the first round then all bets are off. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOT

yeah you are right about that, i was thinking that division and conference record would decide  the tie breaker but i guess not in this case... although it didn't help last year the first seed would be huge. playing the steelers or texans at home, they could win those games. the ravens are tough anywhere they play

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Hopefully the Pats maintain the bye.  After that, I hope for the right matchup and bad weather at Foxboro.  Brady has proven he can be effective in the worst of weather.
    I think windy, snowy weather favors the Pats at home because it will tend to neutralize the other team's passing game (more than our own D).  I like our chances if it becomes front 7 against front 7.

I'd love to have Denver at home after the bye, then Balt at home for the AFC championship.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]yeah, if the offense is hitting on all cylinders. A better question is will they and are they a SB caliber team?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

The key word is...IF!!  Tom and the line can come up with some really ugly games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Its all up to the coaches. Think the team generally rises to the occasion.

The defense has played well this year when instructed properly. They are good in pressure mode and in well balanced coverage. Soon as they hedge... soft zone (NYG last drive, Colts 4th Q) , overconsumed with stopping the long pass (early game in Pitt) they are terrible.

The offense is really dependent on making the right adjustments and keeping the defense off balance. As long as the defense is guessing the offense cannot be stopped. Soon as they get complacent or in a pattern they go 3 and out, sometimes for big stretches in a game.

Face it the Pats rely more on out scheming and outsmarting than almost any other teams, they must win the battle of the coaches and TB must be on top of his ability to adjust at the line or they will have a hard time winning against the elite teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Anything is possible. My guess the Pats this year will win at least one playoff game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yes, but only because the AFC is down.  That said, it would not be surprising in the least if they lose their first game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Big IF on even making the playoffs with this rotten defense. I don't expect them to do much given that Orlovsky made them look like high schoolers. Manning would have put up 60 had he been in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Lets take a look at possible opponents for that first game if we get a bye week.

If Somebody like the Jets or Oakland sneaks through we should handle them.
    However if all the Favorites win we are looking at someone like Houston, Pittsburgh or Baltimore depending on how the rest of the season shakes out.
    Houston, Pittsburgh or Baltimore. I don't know.. This isn't the Pats team that I had confidence in 5 years ago and we better improve on both sides of the ball if we want to beat any of those 3.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'd expect the wild cards to be 1) balt or pitt 2) Jets or Cin. 

Other than Cincinnati any of the other 3 can compete against the pats.  I don't believe the West team survives the first game.  A WC will be playing in that game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]I'd expect the wild cards to be 1) balt or pitt 2) Jets or Cin.  Other than Cincinnati any of the other 3 can compete against the pats.  I don't believe the West team survives the first game.  A WC will be playing in that game. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You're assuming the Pats will get the Number 1 seed. I'm not too sure about that. We could end up with the number 2 seed and a bye and end up with the Texans for our first game. That game would scare me. I agree that  Either Denver or Oakland should go down. Either way we need to get healthy and improve. I'm usually thankful to have a couple extra weeks of football in January but if we get bounced like we did the last 2 years it takes a lot of the fun out of it. 

Sections
Shortcuts