Can Pats win a playoff game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gwomlo. Show gwomlo's posts

Re: Can Pats win a playoff game?

Only if the offense can put up huge numbers to counter act an enept pass defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game?:
    In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game? : You're assuming the Pats will get the Number 1 seed. I'm not too sure about that. We could end up with the number 2 seed and a bye and end up with the Texans for our first game. That game would scare me. I agree that  Either Denver or Oakland should go down. Either way we need to get healthy and improve. I'm usually thankful to have a couple extra weeks of football in January but if we get bounced like we did the last 2 years it takes a lot of the fun out of it. 
    Posted by Rerun85

Not necessarily.  if I recall correctly, the NFL reseeds after the first round.  Depending on how things play out, the pats could be the 2nd seed and play either a WC team or a 3rd seed.  Pats could be the 3rd seed and have to play a WC team the first week.  I don't expect them to be a 4th seed.  That will go to the west team. 

Houston's D has been stout, but they are without Mario Williams.  Houston's O is sputtering with Andre Johnson's hamstring issues and being on their 3rd QB. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

they will win 3 of them, in fact.
    Posted by Davedsone

You taking any action on that?Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game? : Not necessarily.  if I recall correctly, the NFL reseeds after the first round.  Depending on how things play out, the pats could be the 2nd seed and play either a WC team or a 3rd seed.  Pats could be the 3rd seed and have to play a WC team the first week.  I don't expect them to be a 4th seed.  That will go to the west team.  Houston's D has been stout, but they are without Mario Williams.  Houston's O is sputtering with Andre Johnson's hamstring issues and being on their 3rd QB
    Posted by UD6

3rd QB's scare me..LOL( Not really Kidding)..

The thing that scares me is I know they'll score points against us and they play decent defense. I would actually rather take my chances again with Pittsburgh and hope our offense has it's act together that day. No Guarantees with this team anymore though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes, but only because the AFC is down.  That said, it would not be surprising in the least if they lose their first game.
    Posted by UD6

I think that is what is drving you this season, UD.  The Colts are toast in their "Suck for Luck" quest and you are enjoying this topsy turvy Pats season of fan angst about the D.  For the Pats to lose another 1st round game in the playoffs will give you immense pleasure, won't it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Although our D has been getting better (last game notwithstanding), I have this feeling that if we make it to the SB, Rodgers is going to set a new NFL passing record on us.  I just can't see us doing anything to him.

Then again, I didn't see us slowing the "Greatest show on turf" down in 2001 either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Although our D has been getting better (last game notwithstanding), I have this feeling that if we make it to the SB, Rodgers is going to set a new NFL passing record on us.  I just can't see us doing anything to him. Then again, I didn't see us slowing the "Greatest show on turf" down in 2001 either.
    Posted by carawaydj

I've been an advocate all year for the Pats to start playing semi-dirty on defense like the Jets do. The only shot we have is to hit hard off the line and hold receivers on a regular basis. We're better off taking a few extra penalties and throwing the offenses out of their rhythm than playing soft and letting teams drive down the field at will. Good offenses will score in the red zone and that's mostly what we'll be seeing in the playoffs.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Can Pats win a playoff game? : I think that is what is drving you this season, UD.  The Colts are toast in their "Suck for Luck" quest and you are enjoying this topsy turvy Pats season of fan angst about the D.  For the Pats to lose another 1st round game in the playoffs will give you immense pleasure, won't it?
    Posted by agcsbill

AGC, even if the colts were superbowl contenders, I'd still get pleasure out of a Pats first round loss.  The colts debacle of a year doesn't provide any extra impetus for what I think about the pats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Let me consult my Magic 8 Ball...

..."Yes".

Can we win the Super Bowl?

..."Ask again later".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Is it really necessary to ask such a dumb question? Can GB win a playoff game if they can't stop NOs, SF's, NYGs or a Dallas rushing attack?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Haven't they already beaten NO and NYG?  Don't think Demarco Murray did anything spectacular yesterday.  And at least these 3 teams have passing offenses that could actually concern a defense.  Not SF. 

But that said, anyone of those 4 teams could beat the pats. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

Not with this garbage defense this team will go as far as TB and the offense carries them we better hope that the offense click in a high level come playoff time if not another wasted year for TB in his prime because the defense is very bad never seen a defense that gets torched by Orlansky I hope the name is spelled right. As per DMC whatever his name is he is just been victimized by any QB in the league. This does not look good for him, BB and the organization because we may be looking at another first round Bust.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

All the way to hoisting the Lomabardi trophy baby.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots clinch a playoff spot this week with a win vs Redskins and a Jets loss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they are very capable of winning the sb.

Sections
Shortcuts