Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?

Outside of the ocassional kick return, the guy is useless! Not particularly great at getting open. But he does excel at dropping easy catches. 

You people can sip all the kool-aid you want. But the fact is we scored 10 points against the Lions in a half. That's embarrasing. Randy Moss' departure has changed this offense. And not for the better.

Our defense is too awful to absorb stone hand WRs. Not to metion our mentally challenged Offensive coordinator. I'd say I'm starting to get Reche Caldwell flashback when I watch Tate. But I'm not sure Caldwell wasn't better. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?

Um, yeah. If he pulls that down, we are talking about a 17-17 game, and one terrific bomb.

He has terrible concentration. How can you not catch that???????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

looks like the promise we thought he had , is diminishing each week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Think of him like a rookie.  Give him time.  He has potential to improve for sure.  He is talented.  Lets hope he lives up to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?:
    [QUOTE]Think of him like a rookie.  Give him time.  He has potential to improve for sure.  He is talented.  Lets hope he lives up to it.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Ur right, tate played two games last year this is basically his rookie year, you can lift weights look at film all you want but its a different beast to actually do it. Tate is getting there, hes actually oopen to drop balls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's had some very good games.  Every player can't be a superstar.  Being an excellent returner, and OK receiver who can stretch the field will keep him employed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?:
    [QUOTE]Outside of the ocassional kick return, the guy is useless! Not particularly great at getting open. But he does excel at dropping easy catches.  You people can sip all the kool-aid you want. But the fact is we scored 10 points against the Lions in a half. That's embarrasing. Randy Moss' departure has changed this offense. And not for the better. Our defense is too awful to absorb stone hand WRs. Not to metion our mentally challenged Offensive coordinator. I'd say I'm starting to get Reche Caldwell flashback when I watch Tate. But I'm not sure Caldwell wasn't better. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]
    You should try watching the entire game. b itch b itch  b itch and your team is winning? What a moron. b itch when they lose in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .

He did drop that pass . . .

there's no way to paint that like it's a good thing.

Who knows . . .     maybe Randy comes back?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

poor drop..
    loooked tuff to catch for him,,but still poor

but nice on end around

poor on  kickoff returns

D +

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In Response to Re: Can somebody explain to me what Brandon Tate is supposed to be good for?:
    [QUOTE]Well . . . He did drop that pass . . . there's no way to paint that like it's a good thing. Who knows . . .     maybe Randy comes back?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

im not saying its good but, im just trying to be optimistic about the kid cuz i think he will round into a good, maybe great reciver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm sick of the rookie excuse.  Other teams have young receivers that catch the ball.  Receivers are supposed to catch the ball with the number of years of service being irrelevant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Okay, I overreacted a bit. Perfect example of why I shouldn't post during the game. This defense makes me a bit irrational sometimes.

As far as Tate goes: You can get stronger. You can even get faster. You can learn the the game and learn to run better rotes- assuming you are intelligent. The thing that scare me about this guy is how hard it is to fix a case of the dropsies. In a lot of cases it's impossible.

Remember how many years it took Faulk to stop fumbling the ball? Watson and Graham were here for 4-5 years. Neither one of them ever stopped dropping passes on a regular basis. Watson's specialty seemed to be end zone drops.

It just scares me to see a WR dropping this many balls early on in his career. I would have to say, at this point, Branch is clearly the team's number one WR. Bot bad for a guy most people were saying was a waste of a pick.

I would like to think that we are set at WR. I want to see us save our high picks for defense.

When Bodden comes back, that will make a huge difference. McCourty is obviously a stud. And I still haven't given up on Butler. He will turn it around. But we need some edge rushers.

Anyway, I'm off to catch up with the girfriend. And do the whole Thanksgiving thing. Ugh.

Happy holidays everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sick of the rookie excuse.  Other teams have young receivers that catch the ball.  Receivers are supposed to catch the ball with the number of years of service being irrelevant.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

cant dispute that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

45-24 victory but some people have to whine about something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sick of the rookie excuse.  Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I agree we have other rookies that are stepping up to the plate, Gronk and hernandez to mention a couple

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Yah it was a terrible drop. No doubt about it, and he knows it.

The fact is, he had no senior yr at UNC, he had no rookie year. So almost 2 yrs of no football. With only 1 ball thrown his way every other game, what can we expect? He needs more reps, and he'll be OK. TB knows the guy has potential to be a star, he said as much at start of the season.  They gave Tate that end around to build his confidence back up.  If Pats are going to win the title, they are going to need big plays from Tate on kick returns.  Because our D is not good enough yet. I say cut Tate some slack!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

The Lions played their hearts out today and still lost by 21 points in what is Detroit's annual game of the year,and what are some people harping on,one dropped pass by a kid who needs only confidence to be a very good,dep threat wide receiver and what does he get from a some supposed fans,being compared to Reche Caldwell.Great,just great.Also,this young defense continues to come on and got better as the game went on today(B.B.did not get them into that soft,two deep zone prevent defense after building a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter and they more than rose to the occasion).Detroit is not the team of quitting losers of past years,have some(not enough yet) legitimate talent on both sides of the ball and played a number of good football games against a number of good teams including the Jets.This is a big win and sets the Pats up for a strong December run and a very probable high seed.I'm beginning to wonder if there are more folks than I ever dreamed possible who love to wallow in misery or are so upset that their pre-season predictions of doom,gloom and disaster for the Pats in 2010 have made them feel bad and look even worse.What a sad crew.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He dropped a gimme pass. We should cut him like Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, and Edelmann. Branch should be cut because he has run a couple wrong routes since coming over from Seattle. The only sure handed receiver we have is......wait a minute, we just got rid of all our receivers because they occassionally drop a ball.

That's football folks. Some of you would run interesting teams. Some would not have any rookies because you expect them to perform like veterans week and week out. Some of you would have a team full of practice squad players and two or three highly over paid stars. And some would have a team of marginal veterans because just about every player gets cut at some point in the season because he drops a ball, makes a bad block, commits a penalty, or makes a bad throw.

C'mon guys. Things happen during games. Each year people on these boards are so quick to judge BB for his personnel decisions and each year most have to eat crow because the fact of the matter is, BB is an overall genius when it comes to developing and recognizing talent. Does he get it right every time? Of course not, no one does. But his record over the years shows he gets it right more than any team in the league over the last decade. He won more superbowls and has the most wins of any team in the decade.

Trust in BB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]45-24 victory but some people have to whine about something.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

And you are whining about people whining. In case the irony had escaped you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Let me put it 2 you this way, TATE STINKS!!! He's another 100% Betel johnson clone. Run around and do SQUAT!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would love to be optimistic and say Tate will be a great receiver in time, but he has dropped key passes in almost every game he's in. He's a receiver, and he needs to make the hard and easy catches. I feel confident saying that Gronk and Hernadez both would have made the catch he dropped today.

He's not going to be cut, but it is troubling to see a WR dropping so many key passes. Hopefully he can get over this and make some clutch catches in the post season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I believe we had similar comments about Gronk after his game against the Browns.  Unless a player has a "great" game every game, they are worthless?  How about Brady after the second half of the first Jets game?  I guess all of you have great days every day?  Give Tate time like we seem to be giving the young players on D.  BB sees something in him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Our 3 and 4th WR's R the worst in the NFL, they absolutly blow u no what.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

True, but that Gronk game was one horrible game. Tate has dropped very important passes all year. It's a little worrying, but he can overcome it with experience and good work ethic. The dropped passes are pretty annoying, though.

As for him and the return game. He's been good all year on special teams, but today was an off-day for the entire unit. He isn't the one to blame there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

U can pick somebody from the stands and they will B better then ELMAN and TATE.