can someone explain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

can someone explain

can someone explain why EVERYONE without exception is thinking that P Manning is going to just pick up where he left off two years ago. Look at the history of QB's having to take a year off. That first year back is always a sub par performance. Now add in injury. Most suffer injuries that are not related to the throwing arm or motion. Now take away all the things familiar to that QB, Like his Center and his receivers and make him have to work with all those groups and gel. Now factor in age. PM is what? 38yo I believe. Are you kidding me. This is turning into the biggest scam in NFL history. Berny Madoff would be proud of this kid. 

HELl YES !!!! I want him to go to the Jets. And if I can't get that I wouldn't mind seeing Miami go in the crapper and into Cap hell for the next five years. 

Please don't comment about %.. Thats just BS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neackerwitz. Show neackerwitz's posts

Re: can someone explain

In Response to can someone explain:
    can someone explain why EVERYONE without exception is thinking that P Manning is going to just pick up where he left off two years ago. Look at the history of QB's having to take a year off. That first year back is always a sub par performance. Now add in injury. Most suffer injuries that are not related to the throwing arm or motion. Now take away all the things familiar to that QB, Like his Center and his receivers and make him have to work with all those groups and gel. Now factor in age. PM is what? 38yo I believe. Are you kidding me. This is turning into the biggest scam in NFL history. Berny Madoff would be proud of this kid.  HELl YES !!!! I want him to go to the Jets. And if I can't get that I wouldn't mind seeing Miami go in the crapper and into Cap hell for the next five years.  Please don't comment about %.. Thats just BS.
    Posted by justme2

I agree , and he turns 36 soon..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Peyton's neck injury is the kind of problem where he looks good throwing the football 50 yards from one corner of the hospital roof to the other corner.  Problem is, it might not even hold up through a preseason of play.

It's different being cut because you're a "malcontent", meaning that the coach doesn't like your face, versus because from now on you'll always be injured under normal NFL physical pressures.  Sometimes malcontents get better, sometimes not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

After missing 2008, Tom Brady's 2009 was (at the time) the second best season of his career statistically. I think plenty of teams would take that season from Manning next year.

As for his age, he is only a year older than Brady.

Cap hell is a myth, the Steelers were supposedly in it, and they have already gotten back under the cap with room to sign Wallace and their draft picks and without losing any important pieces.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Re: can someone explain:
    After missing 2008, Tom Brady's 2009 was (at the time) the second best season of his career statistically. I think plenty of teams would take that season from Manning next year. As for his age, he is only a year older than Brady. Cap hell is a myth, the Steelers were supposedly in it, and they have already gotten back under the cap with room to sign Wallace and their draft picks and without losing any important pieces.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

When were the Steelers in "cap hell"?

Much like the Pats they have always managed their cap well.  They have let talented players leave due to prohibitive cap numbers in the past and will do so again if needed as have the Pats.  I can assure you the cap is REAL. You can dick around with WHEN the money counts towards the cap but eventually it will all COUNT TOWARDS THE CAP.  

This also includes any BOUNTY MONEY that may have been paid out in NO, adding to their list of problems is a potential salary cap violation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Last time I knew (ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO) the Steelers were still in cap hell. They have very little cap room and unless they cut even more or restructure which as was mentioned just moves more burden to later years have no shot at keeping Wallace w/o wallace taking a lot less then what other teams can pay him.  Steelers would be better off taking the hit this year then just rebuilding for a couple years down the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

After missing 2008, Tom Brady's 2009 was (at the time) the second best season of his career statistically. I think plenty of teams would take that season from Manning next year. As for his age, he is only a year older than Brady. Cap hell is a myth, the Steelers were supposedly in it, and they have already gotten back under the cap with room to sign Wallace and their draft picks and without losing any important pieces.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

Tom plays the game differently ans has benefitted from a receiving corp that get YAK's. He has slowed in his decision making. he depends on timing now rather than finding the open guy. I will admit that he and the O line have had to adjust to so very elaborate blitzing schemes. But that fact is he doesn't make those 0.0005 second decissions in despreration time that win games. Don't get me wrong. I want #12 under center to the exclusion of all other QB's of any decade. Just saying. 

So my point of PM having to come back from serious injury to his throwing motion. Goint to a new team is more than you can expect from a guy.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As Dungy says, it will be the numer of throws from practice through the game that will be the test. A QB can throw the ball a couple hundred times a week during the season.

He might be able to throw well for 20 - 30 balls in a tryout, but that won't tell the team what is what.

There are plenty of folks who think he's done. It's just the wannabe types that are grasping at straws.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When Manning came back from his last injury he looked shakey for the first 4 games or so. Its going to take time for him to knock rust off if he is physically able to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Who is "everyone"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

The gamble is to big, the risk to expensive, the downside plenty and the upside questioable. A smart and rich man with twin baby daughters would retire a one team hall of famer. Risking injury because he feels or thinks he is not done is selfish and greedy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

When Manning came back from his last injury he looked shakey for the first 4 games or so. Its going to take time for him to knock rust off if he is physically able to play.
    Posted by Philskiw1

RIGHT... and that was his own team. No need to gel or learn plays. What was that injury? Did it affect his ability to throw the ball? And not just accuracy.. The ability to actually throw a ball will have to be re-learned..

Sections
Shortcuts