Can someone please tell me.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Can someone please tell me.....

Can someone please tell me exactly when Leigh Bodden become Deion Sanders?
    The guy played for Cleveland and freakin Detroit.  He's never been to a Pro Bowl or been All Pro and has Zero Rings.  So lets Stop worshiping false idols.  For everyone who is currently panicking, please wipe away the tears because were going to be OK.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Re: Can someone please tell me.....

In Response to Re: Can someone please tell me.....:
    Just as I said earlier, the guy is just not that good.  It makes a bad secondary a little bit worse. 
    Posted by PhatRex

Bodden had 7 INTs a few short years ago! WHen was the last time WE had a CB do that NOT named Ty Law.... ANd we have a pretty good Secondary...but no pass rush will ALWAYS make a good secondary look bad. And how could you not be upset about a position that WAS a strength with good depth which is now a major liability with absolutely NO depth!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Bodden is a good CB and his loss hurts depth. Anytime you lose a starter it hurts.

It isn't a season killer but it's a blow to to the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Bodden is a good CB that hurts depth. Anytime you lose a starter it hurts. It isn't a season killer but it's a blow to to the team.

Posted by magicalhobo

a straight talker, that's what I like about this hobo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phizzeldickus. Show Phizzeldickus's posts

In Response to Can someone please tell me.....:
    Can someone please tell me exactly when Leigh Bodden become Deion Sanders? The guy played for Cleveland and freakin Detroit.  He's never been to a Pro Bowl or been All Pro and has Zero Rings.  So lets Stop worshiping false idols.  For everyone who is currently panicking, please wipe away the tears because were going to be OK.
    Posted by Tcal2

Looks like the Offense is going to have to carry most of the load this season. My concerns without screwing around and bashing Russ are can the offense stay healthy. THe 2 great weapons on the Patriots, Edelman and Welker lets hope remain healthy, the kid Gronk looks to be a great choice and Crumpler I think will be a very good pickup. If Brady can work his magic with these guys it can take heat of the defense while giving them time to fill in needs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Can someone please tell me exactly when Leigh Bodden become Deion Sanders? The guy played for Cleveland and freakin Detroit.  He's never been to a Pro Bowl or been All Pro and has Zero Rings.  So lets Stop worshiping false idols.  For everyone who is currently panicking, please wipe away the tears because were going to be OK.
    Posted by Tcal2

It looks like Butler and McCourty from here on out. I'm with you. This season rides on the shoulders of the offense anyway and it did before this injury. Injuries happen and somebody else has to step up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's the best corner on the team, but let the young guys play. 

If Wheatley plays, I'll live. If Wilhite plays, I'll be cursing at the TV screen every sunday. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Posted by Tcal2

I can tell you the exact moment.  It was when he inked his deal this off-season with the Pats.  If you read these forums, it was a GREAT signing, he was their best DB, he was playing even better by the end of the year, he had experience that the young guys didnt have, yada yada yada.

Of course, now he is out for the season, and all the people on here who said the above, now are saying, awww he was never that good.  But somehow they had no trouble with the pats giving him over 20 million dollars.

My point being this is a large blow to the defense, he WAS/IS there best cornerback and it is very RARE that rookie CB's (if McCourty starts) come into the league and start day 1 and are successful.  And Butler has looked aweful this preseason. 

Hopefully the Pats can put up about 40 points a game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Posted by Tcal2

Bodden was never Deion Sanders. Bodden can play the run, hold his edge and tackle. Deion could not. Bodden also defended more passes than any other CB on the team last year.
    I think that you can look at the Phins last year with Smith and Davis, 2 young guys, high draft choices with loads of potential. They were picked on last year and were the achilles heel for that team. But this year will be the inevitable improvement. Pats will have growing pains no doubt. But next year and the year after, they could have the best CB tandem in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Shouldn't be a problem - The colts lost their 2 starters for 1 1/2 seasons last year - Hayden played about half - and did ok.  Indy started 2 rookies at corner for most of the season last season. 

It does hurt your depth - worse than Indy - who lost their 3rd or 4th rd pick (a CB) this year to an ACL. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I think we will have to endure allot of blown coverages for the next few months.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

A few weeks ago I guessed that McCourty and Butler were going to beat Leigh Bodden out for both starting jobs.  I didn't imagine that Bodden would go down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Certainly not the end of life as we know it.  From my perspective, it will be both fun at times and frustrating at times to watch the young corners develop.  I'm guessing by game 6 or 7 and certainly by mid November we'll have a read on this bunch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Shouldn't be a problem - The colts lost their 2 starters for 1 1/2 seasons last year - Hayden played about half - and did ok.  Indy started 2 rookies at corner for most of the season last season.  It does hurt your depth - worse than Indy - who lost their 3rd or 4th rd pick (a CB) this year to an ACL. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Indy has a superior passrush that can be turned on anytime they want to. That makes life easier for corners. The Pats have an unimpressive passrush. The means covermen must me especially tight in coverage to make stops. Add some dangerous passrush and the equation changes for the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Three key points:
    1. Bodden was certainly the best CB on the team. THis hurts quality on the field on every down.
    2. Thinning depth before the season has even begun sometimes happens but it means there is not only less room for mistakes on the field but less room for potential injuries in a 16 game season and on a team that demands it corners come up and support the run.
    3. With a weak passrush, and one that at its best cannot be simply turned on and off agasint the best passing teams, the level of play must be dramatically better by the covermen. A team with a dangerous passrush, such as the Colts, can get by with weaker talent at corner.

While not hugely impactful to the passrush, losing Ty Warren does hurt the already questionable passrush. Losing the best corner on THIS team is a significant issue. NOT INSURMOUNTABLE. But it is more significant on this team than on a team with a superior passrush.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

so you guys are arguing about someone who will not play a single snap for you this year? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Shouldn't be a problem - The colts lost their 2 starters for 1 1/2 seasons last year - Hayden played about half - and did ok.  Indy started 2 rookies at corner for most of the season last season.  It does hurt your depth - worse than Indy - who lost their 3rd or 4th rd pick (a CB) this year to an ACL. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

SHUT UP! Why are you always comparing us to Indy? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone please tell me..... : SHUT UP! Why are you always comparing us to Indy? 
    Posted by 49Patriots

That wasn't very nice.  I use Indy as a comparison, because I know Indy, and because I want to show you that good franchises can overcome issues.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone please tell me..... : That wasn't very nice.  I use Indy as a comparison, because I know Indy, and because I want to show you that good franchises can overcome issues.  
    Posted by underdoggggg

Two different teams, two different schemes, two different personnel.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone please tell me..... : Two different teams, two different schemes, two different personnel.  
    Posted by 49Patriots

So you are saying your team's personnel is now not good enough to run the scheme necessary in order to be successful? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Jeez....  Injuries are a way of life in the NFL, its to be expected.  They happen to all teams and all teams have to adjust.   I remember years ago in the early 90's when the PATS had something likke six defensive starters go down for the season in a pre-season game.  Now that was a bad year.  Anybody else live through that?  This is one guy, not six and no one named Tippet, Lippet or Veris. 

A few years ago we all marveled how BB could just bring on the subs and they would perform just fine.  The last couple of years that hasn't seemed to happen but who knows?  Are you not going to watch the games?  Of course every single poster here is going to watch every last one of them.

I don't see the secondary as the problem, its the pass rush.  If you give any NFL QB more than five seconds, they are most likely going to make the play.  Another thing.  I remember last year more than one time when the PATS would have the opponent at third and long and the opponent would run for the first down and make it.  Certainly I would rather have Bodden play but that's not going to happen. Time to move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

It doesn't matter against the Jets because the Jets have no offense.  It may hurt them against the teams with good QB's and strong offenses......but at least they get to play the Jests twice......

Sections
Shortcuts