Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?

We better resign him and hes already gonna cost a slick mill to resign but can we extend him before he has 10 sacks this year and his value doubles from what it already is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Re: Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?

yes, we need to sign him, the sooner the better.. he's got a lot of good football ahead of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Re: Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?

BB won't let him get away, it might get ugly (logan mankins) but he's a vital cog along with TB and VW. Aren't BJGE and WW do for extensions as well?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Agents are not stupid.  They will not sign a contract that doesn't make him one of the top paid LB'ers.  A contract is based of future potential not past and At this point I don't think his price could get any higher no matter how well his season goes this year. 

They already will have to pay him top dollar.  Might as well get another year at a discount before cutting that check.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?:
    [QUOTE]We better resign him and hes already gonna cost a slick mill to resign but can we extend him before he has 10 sacks this year and his value doubles from what it already is.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

my exact thoughts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He is arguably one of Belichicks favorite players/draft picks on the team. He may cost some but he wont go anywhere. I'm sure he compairs notes with the likes of Moss and others about what its like on other teams. Making a lot of money is nice but making good money at a good company is better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Actually Mayo being such a good guy works against him in this situation.  Since the Pats have locked up just about everyone else the Pats will most likely just franchise Mayo next year if they cant work out a deal as I doubt Mayo would pull a Logan Matkins and hold out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Isn't he signed through next season as well? If so, we got him for two more years, plus a franchise tendered season (if they want), that's a life time in football. I know he's young and and seems like a nice guy, but you potentially have him for three more seasons. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I say give him a 5 yr extension so that we have him for 7 more years.  Why so early?  Because the cap and salary for players are going to jump when the new TV deal gets cut.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone throw Mayo an extension before this kid costs us a billion dollars?:
    [QUOTE]Isn't he signed through next season as well? If so, we got him for two more years, plus a franchise tendered season (if they want), that's a life time in football. I know he's young and and seems like a nice guy, but you potentially have him for three more seasons. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Yes he's signed throw 2012, I'd like to see the Pats approach him this offseason and offer him a new deal hopefully win win for everyone.  He's def one of our "core" players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Him, Wes, and to a lesser extent guys like Vollmer shouldbe next in line for extensions, there's no question Jerod and Wes have earned sizeable contracts for their services+commitment to the organization...really hope they can hold onto those assets

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I put SeaBass high on that list, he will breakot this year and earn the beast RT title

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

We have mayo on the cheap this year and next, I would think the Patriots start negotiating a new deal after this year and have one in place by the start of next season.

I really don't think BB would let Mayo get away, and Mayo doesn't come off as the type of guy that would holdout.

Mayo, Welker and Seabass need new deals, I expect them to get done. When you draft top notch tallent, you better resign that talent and I expect for Mayo and Seabass to be taken care of in the next season or two. Welker, I really want to see him back but I wouldn't be surpized if he got offered a mega contract from say the Deadskins and went there. Hopefully, it does not come down to that and Welker gets extended before Free Agency this upcoming year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

We can only HOPE they start approaching these guys sooner than later.  Like the title of this discussion reads "BEFORE this Kid costs a billion dollars" - Well, not a billion, but Right ON here! 

Besides MAYO, --Same goes for Welker and SEABASS - Extend these guys NOW and it will be cheaper for Pats (IF again they can do it as we have NO Idea what their books look like folks).....But we are fans and can simply say, Re-Sign - Extend, re-do their contracts to keep them here.   Mayo / Welker and Seabass.  Would be great to know these guys will be around here for a while!