Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D?

Because it seems they are starting to feed off it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Re: Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D?

No such word as "disrespecting" Yes, it has become popular mis use by a small percentage of Americans, such as aint, double negatives, and other aledged words, commonly used by the minority uneducated ( many by choice ). So if you do not want to be lumped in with that crowd, think, before you speak, and make it correct use of the English language.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I notice the media is alway putting down the younger players forgetting some of them were once one.

Marshall Faulk and Deion Sanders are the worst but I bet you guys can name more.

Go Pats win in Detroit better yet beat the Jets.

Sanchez needs knocked off his high horse so does Edwards, and Holems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Like Roethlisberger last week, I think the big lead contributed to Manning's stats, like he needs the help.  There was a lot of room underneath for Manning to go to work and he took what he was given, which he always gladly does.  So Manning's big game is partly due to the Pats scheme when they go up by a few scores.  So the stats saying the Pats' D is porous aren't quite accurate.  Haters can hate when the stats say you give up yards.      

Let's be glad it was an entertaining game.  Sometimes Manning leads them to incredible comebacks only to spit the bit at the last minute.  Give the guy credit, he almost pulled it out.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D?:
    [QUOTE]No such word as "disrespecting" Yes, it has become popular mis use by a small percentage of Americans, such as aint, double negatives, and other aledged words, commonly used by the minority uneducated ( many by choice ). So if you do not want to be lumped in with that crowd, think, before you speak, and make it correct use of the English language.  
    Posted by jaycee1m[/QUOTE]

You mean racial minority, or educational minority?  Either way, shut up.  Use proper english as an example, and stop preaching.  Additionally, you may want to refrain from using phrases like "minority uneducated".  Makes you sound like one of the racist militia members from Indiana.  I am assuming you aren't one of those, let me know if I am wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't think it is disrespect to point out that this is the worst defense in new england in 20 years.

It could be argued that it is the worst defense this team has had since joining the NFL

They struggle in all facets of the game.  They MUST get better over the next 6 weeks.  If they go into the playoffs without any ability to pressure the opposing QB - it will not be a good thing.

Maybe BB will come up with a scheme.  Remember when he would have "schemes"? 

Looking at it now - it seems like he used to have great defensive players - not great schemes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]No such word as "disrespecting" Yes, it has become popular mis use by a small percentage of Americans, such as aint, double negatives, and other aledged words, commonly used by the minority uneducated ( many by choice ). So if you do not want to be lumped in with that crowd, think, before you speak, and make it correct use of the English language.  

Love when guys who can't spell spout off about other peoples' shortcomings with language usage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I also thought he should not have ended the sentence parenthetically.  I would have preferred "commonly used (often by choice) by the minority uneducated".  Or i would have just stuck to the subject, unless the OP was a horrendous speller.  Then I would have used this as a way to point out his intelligence level was too low to be posting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

"I don't think [it was miscommunication]," Manning said when asked about his first two interceptions. "I don't think so. I made a poor decision on the one down the right sideline. Pierre ran the right route. I kind of made the wrong read, wrong decision. The same on another in route. Pierre did the right thing. New England was moving their coverages, mixing them up, moving them around. I had a couple misreads on the coverages. It wasn't anything on Pierre, that's for sure." -- Peyton Manning

Translation, New England's defense is starting to move off of their vanilla package laid in especially for the rookies in September.  They're setting up New England in good position, and are sometimes succeeding against an experienced quarterback. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disrespecting

it's a word been in use for 400 years

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D? : Love when guys who can't spell spout off about other peoples' shortcomings with language usage.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Minority uneducated.... Dude, you've go issues....If my grammer bothers you so much, just keep it moving.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

are you guys serious with this "worst defense in 20 yrs" crap?? this defense is alot better than even LAST YRS!! its crazy how fast some people forget that there was ZERO pass rush last yr. ZERO. not a subpar-below average passrush like this yr. there was NONE. the coverage is better. without a bodden its better. this defense is faster, meaner, they hit harder, and play with more emotion. teams cannot run on this defense. they cant. and the only reason we are ranked low is bc BB goes to a prevent defense when we have built a big lead, which we have done time and time and time again this season. it baffles me that people arent seeing how much the defense has improved this season, which has led to a 8-2 record..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it is disrespect to point out that this is the worst defense in new england in 20 years. It could be argued that it is the worst defense this team has had since joining the NFL They struggle in all facets of the game.  They MUST get better over the next 6 weeks.  If they go into the playoffs without any ability to pressure the opposing QB - it will not be a good thing. Maybe BB will come up with a scheme.  Remember when he would have "schemes"?  Looking at it now - it seems like he used to have great defensive players - not great schemes.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    you must have missed the Steeler game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Before I start, let me say that I'm baised.  I don't apologize for it either.

With that said.

The Pats played the first half in a nickle package for the most part.  They came out in the second half playing with 6 DB's in more of a prevent package.

With QB's like Manning and Rothlisberger, if you give them time they will pick you appart. 

The Pats lack a pass rush.  It just isn't there.  As a result, Belichick seems to choose to sit back in a prevent and avoid the big play. 

You have to attack Manning.  The years where the Pats have had the most success against him were the years where we sacked him.  If you pressure him, you can beat him.  We couldn't pressure him tonight.

I didn't see hardly any blitzs.  He was hurried and knocked down a handful of times?   It may have been more, I didn't look at stats, but it didn't seem to be alot.  Their biggest weakness I feel is the middle of the field.  

As a result, the DB's are blamed for the ton of yardarg that they let up when it's really not their fault.   With the exception of Meriweather biting on the inside route and reacting late to the deep pass down the sideline, I thought they performed well.

I can only hope that Bill will incorporate some blitz packages for later in the season.  I definately see a progression already.  The defensive playbook is expanding week to week and I suspect by the time the playoffs start, they will have a few more tricks up their sleeve. 

In this offseason however,  we need to get a legit pass rusher.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Well, this defense is extremely bad. Can't win if they make the playoffs. That is a big IF btw.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Once they put together a few consistent performances, the doubters will go away. But they have, statistically, one of the worst Ds in the league. Now, stats do lie, but their 3rd down % has been bad, opponents' red zone % has been bad, run D has been bad, and pass D has been bad. At times, each of these have been good, but overall, it's all over the place. Consistency and timely playmaking are what makes an average defense good or great, and they have NO consistency right now. It is trending in the right direction though, but let the doubters have their fun, it's warranted now, but won't be for too much longer...finally.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Yes, we have a young defense and yes they make mistakes, however, wouldn't we all be looking at this game in a whole different perspective if our offense could have had a couple of 3 or 4 minute drives in the 4th quarter?  Our offense did nothing late in the game to help the young "d"!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Of course the defense is bad. We've known that all along. In much the same way that the offense was tailored to allow Matt Cassell to succeed two years ago, this defense plays schemes designed to protect itself against its own flaws.

What happened yesterday (again) is exactly the way the Pats are designed to win. Give up yardage as grudgingly as possible -- although they have a tendency to go matador late in games, which is troubling -- and give the opponent every opportunity to beat himself . . .

which Manning did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yardage doesn't kill, but giving up 24 points per game, good enough for 23rd in the league, does. The yards are not being given grudgingly, and that is leading to a lot of points. The Pats have the highest scoring offense in the NFL, I don't want to think about what their record might be if they didn't.

I will agree that they could benefit from some timely plays out of the offense, which have been missing for quite some time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I thought the Defense looked pretty good in the first half. I did see CBS start putting Stats that seemed designed to put the whammy on us though. The defense looks better now than it did early on in the year and I can only assume that they will be better when the Playoffs come around as long as they stay relatively healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]Before I start, let me say that I'm baised.  I don't apologize for it either. With that said. The Pats played the first half in a nickle package for the most part.  They came out in the second half playing with 6 DB's in more of a prevent package. With QB's like Manning and Rothlisberger, if you give them time they will pick you appart.  The Pats lack a pass rush.  It just isn't there.  As a result, Belichick seems to choose to sit back in a prevent and avoid the big play.  You have to attack Manning.  The years where the Pats have had the most success against him were the years where we sacked him.  If you pressure him, you can beat him.  We couldn't pressure him tonight. I didn't see hardly any blitzs.  He was hurried and knocked down a handful of times?   It may have been more, I didn't look at stats, but it didn't seem to be alot.  Their biggest weakness I feel is the middle of the field.   As a result, the DB's are blamed for the ton of yardarg that they let up when it's really not their fault.   With the exception of Meriweather biting on the inside route and reacting late to the deep pass down the sideline, I thought they performed well. I can only hope that Bill will incorporate some blitz packages for later in the season.  I definately see a progression already.  The defensive playbook is expanding week to week and I suspect by the time the playoffs start, they will have a few more tricks up their sleeve.  In this offseason however,  we need to get a legit pass rusher.
    Posted by Ltown1[/QUOTE]
    =========================

Pats are winning without having to show (the rest of the league) everything they've got. Very little blitzing so far. With these fast, athletic, players - you can be sure BB has some nasty blitz packages ready to use. Cunningham, Chung, even Sergio Brown on blitzes - watch-out.  Maybe more pieces are put into play for the Jets? Maybe BB waits till the playoffs. 

"Coaches vs Coaches" must be a pretty big thing for BB - other teams copying the Patriots (Saints, Chiefs, more?), raiding his staff for coaches, Pats not giving asst coaches titles, opponents eventually leaning how the Pats are successful and adjusting for it (late 2007), the spying claims.... it must be very satisfying for BB to win while showing the rest of the league so little. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D? : ========================= Pats are winning without having to show (the rest of the league) everything they've got. Very little blitzing so far. With these fast, athletic, players - you can be sure BB has some nasty blitz packages ready to use. Cunningham, Chung, even Sergio Brown on blitzes - watch-out.  Maybe more pieces are put into play for the Jets? Maybe BB waits till the playoffs.  "Coaches vs Coaches" must be a pretty big thing for BB - other teams copying the Patriots (Saints, Chiefs, more?), raiding his staff for coaches, Pats not giving asst coaches titles, opponents eventually leaning how the Pats are successful and adjusting for it (late 2007), the spying claims.... it must be very satisfying for BB to win while showing the rest of the league so little.      
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

Why would you wait to run a defensive scheme if it is needed at that point in the game? One thing BB doesn't do is outsmart himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can the Media please continue disrespecting the young D? : Why would you wait to run a defensive scheme if it is needed at that point in the game? One thing BB doesn't do is outsmart himself.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Because they're 8-2 without it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

Language evolves, you douchenozzle. Otherwise, we would be stuck with pre-simian grunts.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douchenozzle

Sections
Shortcuts