Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE

Both player's contracts expire at the end of the year.  Both have EARNED their payday.  If they wait until the end of the season - the price tag and the amount of teams bidding for their services...the pats could lose them.  They are too valuable to the core of the team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Re: Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE

agreed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE:
    Both player's contracts expire at the end of the year.  Both have EARNED their payday.  If they wait until the end of the season - the price tag and the amount of teams bidding for their services...the pats could lose them.  They are too valuable to the core of the team!
    Posted by tmmk

Welker...yes!  Law Firm...possibly.  I see no reason why not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

I said that before he got that chinsey one year deal. He's money and does not fumble. Love the guy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

In Response to Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE:
    Posted by tmmk

I love BJGE too and glad they signed him this year but something tells me they are going to ride him this year and then go with Ridley as their back next year instead of giving BJGE big money unless he takes a discount.  Not sure they can resign Welker and him although I sure hope they do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think Green-Ellis is the type of running back Belichick loves. That's why I think we'll resign him.

As for Wes Welker, I really hope we resign him. But we don't know if he wants a super huge contract or anything. There's less certainty about his future in New England, but my feeling is we will keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I hope Welker stays. He is a true Patriots, imo. He goes all out on every play and is a team player. The only mistake he made (that I can think of) is the press conference last year. He shows no signs of slowing down and Brady trusts him. I really like Edelman, but Welker has to stay.

I could go either way with BJGE. He works hard and fights for every yard. The guy has never fumbled and keeps away from the media. However, he doesn't seem to have the speed to be a home run hitter. I like him, but if Vereen and Ridley come out strong then I could see the team letting him hit free agency and using that money to keep Wes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE:
    In Response to Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE : I love BJGE too and glad they signed him this year but something tells me they are going to ride him this year and then go with Ridley as their back next year instead of giving BJGE big money unless he takes a discount.  Not sure they can resign Welker and him although I sure hope they do. 
    Posted by dangr76

Yes lets get rid of our best rusher so we can depend on an unproven Ridley. A move Theo would be proud of.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

both will be kept. welker said he doesn't care about $ and BJGE will be tagged if necessary

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I got a feeling Welker will be here another 3-4 years and a team/player friendly deal will be made...welker knows what he has here with Brady throwing the ball...

BJGE although I love the kid he'll have to take a very team friendly dealif he wants to stay....he's too 1 dimentional, however he has taken some passes out of the backfield as of late...if he improves on that & becomes a more rounded player I see the Pats giving him a reasonable deal....RB's don't last too long in the NFL & he might chase bigger dollars & I'd hate to see him go but I'd understand if he did go elsewhere....the Pats gave him his shot so hopefully he is reasonable in his money request & stays another 3-4 years....if not the Pats will roll with Ridley,Vereen,Woody and probably pick up a FA vet or maybe another rookie in the draft if they see someone they covit....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

IMO, it would be in WW's best interest to stay here. He wouldn't be in sync with any other QB the way he is with Brady. The offense is basically wired to utilize Welker and he knows it. 

I can't see him leaving or really, wanting to leave.

BJGE isn't going to get huge money no matter where he goes. My guess is he stays too. He'd not be where he is today without BB's patience. Not only that, BB values players that don't fumble. 

BJGE has NEVER fumbled in his entire college and pro career. EVER. 

That's 1326 carries WITHOUT A FUMBLE!

Trust me, that stat alone will have him in good standing with BB for a long time. 

FWIW, Welker has fumbled a total of 8 times in a Patriots uniform. 66 games, 8 fumbles. 

Welker and BJGE are staying. They are everything BB wants in a player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Patriots PLEASE resign Welker and BJGE:
    both will be kept. welker said he doesn't care about $ and BJGE will be tagged if necessary
    Posted by natesubs

Umm, dude...you serious???

Sections
Shortcuts