Can the Patriots win more than 1 game in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Can the Patriots win more than 1 game in the playoffs?

Yeah, they could, but will they? We all know the Pats can beat the Colts in their house. Easy to forget this has been to a large extent a  rebuilding  season. How many other teams  are able to do this and still make the playoffs? Also keep in mind  the tremendous attrition rate of coordinators, assistant coaches and front office people and the Pats still manage to have  a winning season, let alone make the playoffs. I think if the Pats were 5-9 , we would be easier on them by chalking it up to rebuilding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Can the Patriots win more than 1 game in the playoffs?

Shtarka...

What a contradictory statement!  At first, you wonder if they can win another game in the playoffs, followed by a statement the Pats CAN beat the Colts in their dome.  In order to do that, the Pats have to win at least one game, or more, to get to play the Colts, if the Colts survive themselves.  So, I ask, where is your confidence?  Are you questioning whether the Pats can win a playoff game, period?  If they win today and clinch a home game in the first round, I surely hope you have at least that much confidence the Pats can win at least ONE game in the playoffs!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Yes, they have the personnel to go all the way......

Just need better coaching....  OC/ DC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think of three recent SB winners, the Giants in 2007, the Colts in 2006 and the Steelers in 2005.  All had major flaws going into the playoffs.  The Giants were an afterthought in the NFC that year and faced three road playoff games; the Colts were historically awful on defense, particularly against the run; and the Steelers were 7-5 at one point and also had to win three road games in the playoffs.  Even Arizona last year, what were they 9-7?  The point is it doesn't really matter what you did or how good you were in the regular season, as long as you get hot at the right time.  So yeah, why can't the Pats go all the way?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

We are rebuilding. Why does that mean we still can't win at the same time?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea, you need to try harder than than that shtarka. To answer the Q, yes I do. I actually think they can go pretty far, you need to stop the run in playoffs and if healthy, they can. By healthy I mean, Wilfork! No way we beat two of the best teams in the AFC w/out him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

The Patriots are serious contenders to win it all...

If they only play the first half of their games...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Leon you pathetic bug where have you been hiding? How about that Giants Jets Super Bowl eh? How much did you pay for that t shirt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

No one outside of New Englang is pegging the Pats to the be the favorites....and why should they? The Colts record speaks for itself and have a bye, the Chargers have a better record and have a bye, and the Steelers who are still hanging are the reigning champs and the media loves them.

The media hates BB and as we have all said, leads to media bias against the Pats. It was shocking to hear Collingsworth, who has never said anything good about the Pats, to say they are the team to beat.

Let us be the underdog. I'm all for it. Give the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers the headlines and the respect. I think it does nothing but gives the Pats extra motivation and we have all seen what happens when the Pats have that extra motivation.

Bring em all on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

just need a little swagger - and then bring it to a road game.  oh and YES...they "CAN". good thing brady seems to be getting into the clear, wonder if they'll still sit him the last game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

If the Pats get healthy and play like they did today, they can go all the way.  There is no team they cannot beat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

The Pats will win one game in the playoffs....and one team will lose one to the Pats....and one team will beat themselves against the Pats....and the Pats will whup-a$$ somebody....don't ask me in what order this all happens, but it inevitably will...then we can all say that it was never in doubt....nice....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Of course they can.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to go all the way.so be careful who you wish for regardless.im watching the jets man handle the colts.something we couldnt do in the 4th qtr.then there are the steelers turning it around.and after the colts have there loss its one less thing for them to concentrate on in the playoffs,and then there is the chargers.who are probably the team to beat.im not saying the pats cant do it,but it wont be a cake walk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

agcsbill, yeah...I did make some contradictory statements because, wouldn't you agree, this has been a contradictory year? Losing road games while  winning at home. Where have the Pats been in the 4th quarter?... usually their time to shine -the defense not making the key stops , the failure of  offense  to score on key drives. ...and still the Patriots manage to win their division...Sure, just get into the playoffs and anything can happen. The Patriots need  both offensive  and defensive lines healthy and strong...that is their  key for any playoff success. 

Sections
Shortcuts