Can the Pats beat the Bengles?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Can the Pats beat the Bangles?

MVP are you bored? or trying to set the record for most new threads in 10 mins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't see this team losing back-to-back games. Belichick and Brady just don't roll that way and it'll be tough for teams to keep the offense stalled two weeks in a row.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Bengals?  You kidding me?  You're worried about the Bungles?  Don't talk about the Bengals!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The Bengals have had flashes of "goodness" . From what I've seen in their games is Palmer goes to TO first. In the red zone TO is doubled and then he goes to Chad. Shippley is the wild card here. They rate him as a large sized Welker. The guy has played good. I wouldnt mind him being on the Pats cause he runs good routes, he has great hands and he's a heck of a return man.
    I think if we can't make Palmer hurry his throws or at least pressure him some we could have a long day. Benson is a pretty good running back and he'll make the play action pass work if he's on.
    We need to bring our best D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Tough call, Bengals are good.  But I'd put money on the Pats with a slight edge.  Should find out alot about this team in the first game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

My predictions for the season are:

Bengals - W (rarely lose at home, don't lose season openers)
    Jets - W (Brady improves to 14-3 all-time vs Green NJ)
    Bills - W (The streak continues)
    Phins - L (Pats seem to always have trouble in Miami)
    bye
    Ravens - L (Pats are tough after a bye but the Ravens are too tough)
    Chargers - L ( Yeah 3 in a row but tough west coast trip)
    Vikings - W (Vikes O won't be as good as last year and you can throw on their D)
    Browns - W (Mangini beaten again)
    Steelers - W (Brady owns the Steelers)
    Colts - W (After two close losses in Indy Pats get payback at home)
    Lions - W (Will be a closer game than expected but Pats pull it out)
    Jets - W (Pats get extra time to tune up for this matchup)
    Bears - L (Upset loss)
    Packers - L (Pack is my favorites to win it all this year)
    Bills - W (...and win streak continues against lowly Bills)
    Phins - W (Frozen fish in the snow)

Final record 11-5

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

0-1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Cincy as being very tough to beat. Very versatile offense. The OL has the advantage over our DL and Benson is capable of 25-30 carries. If Pats stack the box Palmer has TO, Ocho and Gresham to throw to. Gresham very similiar to Gronk, but probably a better blocker.
    Key to the game is if the Pats OL gives Brady enough time to put up 30 or more. I think the Pats defense is torched for 27 or more points

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Bengals are a joke and always have been.  They are the team everything always goes wrong for.  We won't break a sweat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

They swept their whole division last year. thats a good joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think Welker and Gronk will kill Hall and Joseph with the underneath stuff. Gronk probably be covered with a safety though. Hernandez could be our wildcard. There isn't really enough film on him to do a lot of game planning. I just hope he's not hurt bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Back on '06 when our D was old and slow and we had no wide receivers and got humiliated by the Broncos and the Bengals had a high flying offense everyone said the Bengals were going to obliterate us and instead we mopped the floor with them.  Same story in 2007.  The Bengals are just a pathetic version of the Cowboys and Chargers ... lots of talent but not a good team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In the opener -- and likely in most Pats games this year -- the team that has the ball last is going to win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Can the Pats beat the Bangles?:
    [QUOTE]0-1
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

banned

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

Wellllll, The defense S@#$ks @zz. That may be a problem because they can't defend against a high school caliber team right now. On the other hand they can score. Edge-Pats

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tigerpaws7. Show tigerpaws7's posts

going to be a tough game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I like "Bangles" better than "Bungles" this year, Ochocinco has earned it.

I'm assuming that the Patriots will play the game that they played against the New Orleans Saints, 10-0 after a quarter, or against Atlanta, 14-3 at halftime.  My theory is that the team was fully satisfied with their full-tilt offense, defense and special teams play after game 2, and so the time before games 3 and 4 was devoted to preparing for the regular season. 

I'm assuming that the Bangles will play the approximate game that they played against Denver, 0-14 after a quarter, against Philadelphia, 7-6 at the half, and against Buffalo, 14-21 at the half.  Cincinnati's first team scored two field goals against Indianapolis's second team at the end of the first quarter last Thursday.

The Patriots can beat good teams, while Cincinnati can't keep up with average teams.  That's why my numbers make the Patriots 9.6 point favorites to win. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm a coward Killa.  I really don't know what to think after the preseason.  I think I think that our offense will do quite well.  I also think I think that our D may only be slightly better than last year.  Hmmmm.... I guess that makes us better than last year, which means we will kick their behinds.

However, I am worried about our pass defense, and will remain worried until I see that we have solved our problems in real games.  So any team with a good QB and good receivers will worry me until I see them prove otherwise.  Bodden on IR did change my outlook quite a bit in the following sense.  You need 3 starting quality DB's on your team and we only have 2.  I fear the Bengals will force Wilhite onto the field and then abuse him like the Texans did last year.

I'm optimistic nonetheless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think the offense will keep us in the Bengals game.  Not sure about the D holding up, but I think we can win the shootout, if thats what we need to do.  I hate to say it, but not sure we win both Jets games.  Those have a history of being close, and seems like they are now our mirror image.  I think we take the first, but not betting on the second.  Or vice versa.  I hate them, but that defense if pretty good, and very aggressive.  Alot like the Ravens.  Better, I think.  I'm pretty sure we get the Ravens this time around.  Pretty weak in the defensive backfield.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

[QUOTE]The Bengals?  You kidding me?  You're worried about the Bungles?  Don't talk about the Bengals!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    Did he just say the Bengals?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The Bengals will be a tough out because they have an excellent running game, and we struggled mightily against the run last year (see Ravens).

As MVP said, they also have one of the top groups of CB's in the whole league.

However, as long as Welker, Eddleman, and Hernandez are near 100%, we should win the shootout.

Not to mention, our return game is much, much improved this year.

I say Pats come out on top 34-27.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

We can beat the bengals...but I'd prefer not to get into a shootout with them (or anyone else).

My thoughts are that our offense will carry the team most of the year. Whenever we play an opponent with a really good offense and decent pass rush - the Patriots will need to manage the clock better (limit the number of offensive opportunities for the opponent) and play for field position more often (meaning less risk on going for 4th and long...lol).

If our offense can keep the opponents D on the field and put lots of points on the board....we'll beat most teams. With the addition of our new TEs - I"m hoping they can do just that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Bangles? Gee, I don't know. Let's get the girls back together, line 'em up and we'll see what we see. Maybe they'll get something going with that Egyptian formation they use.
     The Bengals. Now they're another story. Don't dismiss these guys because of perceived past history. They look pretty good today. I'm guessing division champs. Their offense is arguably as good as The Pats. I'd give NE the edge on receivers and at QB. I think the Cats have a better running game. Pretty evenly matched.
     It's defense that has me concerned(welcome to the room).Cincy was 4th in the league last year. NE was...(?)... not that good. The Bengals don't look like they've missed a beat. The Pats have... improved? At least I'd like to believe that they have.
    If it comes down to a shoot-out, and I think it will, the Pats win with youth and depth of receivers. If Cincy manages to make this a grind it out game, NE"s in trouble. In any case I think it gets decided in the 4th. Don't look for a blow-out.
    Here's hoping we won't end up with a Manic Monday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think good passing teams are going to be a big challenge for us--at least at the beginning of the season--since we've got too many young players in the secondary and we don't have the pass rush to protect them.  So this is going to be a tough game to win.  I think the key is for our offense to be able to control the game--scoring fast when necessary and slowing things down and grinding out yards if the Pats get a decent lead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Wellllll, The defense S@#$ks @zz. That may be a problem because they can't defend against a high school caliber team right now. On the other hand they can score. Edge-Pats
    Posted by PatsareNumberone[/QUOTE]The Defense doesn't s#ck, you s#ck Queer boy. Another H@mo that never played the Game, but thinks he Knows everything. The Jock goes in front of the strap DICKLE$$

Sections
Shortcuts