can the saints go undefeated?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

can the saints go undefeated?

bill cowher said yesteray that the saints are more likely to be the team to go undefeated this year.i think if the dolphins dont beat them next week.the pats will when they meet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: will the saints go undefeated?

Not a chance.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Re: can the saints go undefeated?

They're the most likely out of the undefeated teams left but I don't think they will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Besides that Patriots game, circle Monday, November 30 at 8:30 pm,  Norleans has to play Atlanta twice.  I score Atlanta as almost the strength of a 16-0 team (15.6) and New Orleans having the strength of a 14-2 or 15-1 team (14.4). 

Basically Norleans let the horrid Buffalo Bills hang around nicely through the third quarter (3 point difference!), and also the slightly overripe New York Jets hung in there a bit, and even disastrous Detroit hung in there a bit too.   These aren't the best omens.  Teams that go out and stomp the living daylights out of their opponent and are done by halftime and running their backups in the second half, those are the dangerous teams, regardless of what happens in the fourth quarter.

Who has Atlanta lost to?   Oh yeah.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

They will be 14-2. They are a serious contender though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

No way, not a chance.

They'll lose at least once, if not twice.  I can see them losing to Atlanta (once, if not twice) and possibly to the Pats.

Don't forget, their biggest enemy is a team who can run the ball and keep it balanced with a good passing game (Falcons) that can hold the ball and keep Brees on the sideline.  The only game the Pats lost in '07 was the one where we lost the Time of Possession battle (the SB). 

Fewer possessions = fewer points

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

No.
    Next question...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

No, and that's not a slight to them at all.  The Saints are imo the best team in football right now, but I don't trust that defense against a dynamic passing game (please don't tell me the Giants have a dynamic passing game, they dont).  Going undefeated requires so much luck honestly, it goes far deeper than just being a dominating team.  They could do it, but I thought the 07 Pats were more impressive a team, and we all saw how hard it was to go 16-0.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The 2007 New England Patriots were the greatest offense ever assembled. This Saints team isn't even close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

I believe they have a shot. If they aren't peaking too early.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I usually stick like a Post-It to the TV on game dame day,  but I had some distractions yesterday and only saw a four or five plays in that game.  In that span, I saw two horrendous calls that went in favor of the Saints and led to points. Maybe the rest of the game was clean, but what I saw basically amounted to he zebras giving points to the Saints.  Nobody is talking or writing about it today.  Nothing but Saints-hype.  Makes me wonder if the league and media are "grooming" the Saints as their storybook team of the season, a' la the 2005 Steelers and 2006 Colts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to can the saints go undefeated?:
    bill cowher said yesteray that the saints are more likely to be the team to go undefeated this year.i think if the dolphins dont beat them next week.the pats will when they meet.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Hey they have to play the pats

No way in S@%& do they go undefeated

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

It's really early to be talking like that but they do not have a difficult schedule going forward.  They play Atlanta twice and the Pats.  Assuming the Pats will be up to the challenge we can win that game but that's not exactly a gauntlet for New Orleans.

What's going to happen is the offense will sputter once or twice and this D isn't going to shut down anyone good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: can the saints go undefeated?:
    In Response to can the saints go undefeated? : Hey they have to play the pats No way in S@%& do they go undefeated
    Posted by steve1581
    i agree,but i beleive the dolphins will knock them out next week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I was personally hoping the Giants would go undefeated and face the Patriots in the Super Bowl so we could exact some revenge... and I'd still want to face them.

I think, however, that Golden Boy Favre will make it to the Super Bowl, and I think Minnesota would be a dangerous team to face if the Pats made it and played against them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Minnesota barely escaped San Francisco and the Ravens. The Viklings are a good team, but I have concerns about them if they have to go outside in the playoffs --  the Blue New Jersey loss yesterday was a huge bonus for Minnesota. The schedule is littered with iced cupcakes and only games at Chicago and Green Bay appear to offer much challenge within the division.

Still and all, I'm not convince Favre will survive the season and my guess is that when all isi said and done . . .

The Viklings are this year's Tennessee Titans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Does anyone else think Sean Payton's face is really annoying?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Only if we let them...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: can the saints go undefeated?:
    Does anyone else think Sean Payton's face is really annoying?
    Posted by themightypatriotz
    here you go mighty.

Sean_Payton - SAINTS COACH PAYTON NAMED NFL COACH OF THE YEAR

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i watched the jets-saints game. the jets shutdown their offense to half output. i think the saints are beatable and won't go undefeated. i think the patriots will have something for them

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

I don't see any team going undeafeated this season. And, I don't believe/pay much mind to anything any of the talking heads say [anymore]. It's their opinion and much of the time it's biased and meant to provoke controversy. Alas, I'm a permanent skeptic I guess. lol

Sections
Shortcuts