Can we all just root for Brian Banks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Can we all just root for Brian Banks

can you imagine being accused of something you didn't do --in jail your hopes for a NFL future gone   now the Falcons are giving him a chance--Please God let him make it. Show us it's good to have faith!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130409/brian-banks-atlanta-falcons/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Can we all just root for Brian Banks

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

good story and happens a lot. Happened to a friend of mine except he only spent 5 days in jail before the girl started contradicting herself and her friends couldn't verify her statements and claims. All he got was a lecture from the cop on his release not to get drunk at parties as if he just got away with something or it was his fault to begin with. Appearently what really happened was he rejected her and she was so pissed she wanted to get back at him. Since he was black out drunk he couldn't verify where he was that night he was arrested without a rape kit or any evidence other then her word.

I hope the best for the kid

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Quite a tragedy on multiple levels.  Obviously Banks spent time for a crime he didn't commit, which cost him a college education and millions of dollars, and that is just plain wrong.  It is also bad for the thousands of rape victims who actually were raped.  False accusations like these discredit the statements made by real rape victims, and make it even more difficult to bring actual rapists to justice.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

could have been a lot worse. he could have been sent to Gitmo and tortured without being formally charged or found guilty in a court of law.

yay for NDAA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'll be rooting for the kid.  It's sad that these things happen, but the reality is that this crap happens all the time.  It's a damn shame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yes it was a tragedy for him and his whole family. I am glad the truth finally came out. I am really pulling for him! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Consider me rooting. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I'm rooting too:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Horrible miscarriage of justice; simply horrible.  Kid's attitude is off the charts positive as well.  Wish him nothing but success in the future no matter what direction his life takes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

After the dust settles from all the law suits he hopefully will suppliment his income with some NFL pay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

can you imagine being accused of something you didn't do --in jail your hopes for a NFL future gone   now the Falcons are giving him a chance--Please God let him make it. Show us it's good to have faith!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130409/brian-banks-atlanta-falcons/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp

+1. I was hoping the Pats would sign this guy. I thought they showed interest in him last year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

i am waiting for someone like-oh say tcal that piece of human garbage -to swoop in here with a nasty negative comment...

well thats one thing we can agree on, tca12 is garbage.

Brilliant post.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Quite a tragedy on multiple levels.  Obviously Banks spent time for a crime he didn't commit, which cost him a college education and millions of dollars, and that is just plain wrong.  It is also bad for the thousands of rape victims who actually were raped.  False accusations like these discredit the statements made by real rape victims, and make it even more difficult to bring actual rapists to justice.

Great perspective!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

could have been a lot worse. he could have been sent to Gitmo and tortured without being formally charged or found guilty in a court of law.

True, but at times like this it is best to focus on human triumph vs. human failings. We all need examples of inspiration and courage. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

I'm not familiar with the story. But I bet the piece of garbage that accused him did no time.

These freaks need to start doing serious time for false accusations. It needs to be be a felony with a minimum of five years.

There are few things lower than knowingly, falsely accusing someone of rape or child molestation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

I'm not familiar with the story. But I bet the piece of garbage that accused him did no time.

These freaks need to start doing serious time for false accusations. It needs to be be a felony with a minimum of five years.

There are few things lower than knowingly, falsely accusing someone of rape or child molestation.

Yes they should lock her up for the same amount of time!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

Maybe it's just me, but after seeing the story on 60 Minutes, I was left with the impression that there is more to this story than is being told. Something just doesn't feel right about the whole thing. He has no hard feelings... She is not in any sort of trouble... She walks away with millions of dollars and no one is particularly interested in coming after her to get it back... And at one point in the secret video taping, she says "they might make us pay it back" before she corrects herself and says "they might make me pay it back"...

I only saw the story on 60 Minutes, so its possible they just did a lousy job telling the story and tying up all of these loose ends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

Sections
Shortcuts