Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

Wrong, it's a team game and a team loss and while that includes the coaches, the player's failure to execute better than Giants was why the game was lost.  It was a close game and it came down to which team executed better and in this game, (it really is just one more game), the Giants did that as they did earlier in the year.  These teams in the final analysis were pretty evenly matched.  It may feel like a blowout but it was not.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on:
    I agree that there you can scour for blame all over the place until the cows come home, but can we finally agree our finesse offense continually lets the team down for winnable games? I have no issue being outplayed like in Cleveland in 2010 or @ Pitt this year, etc, but to seriously hand games away due to a 7 year failed offensive style of play? The whole reason why NE won 3 SBs is because the offense was well balanced. Not eletric, but well balanced. And the D was also a chameleon of sorts. Guess what? Our D was a chameleon.  Our offense was not.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Hi Rusty, I agree with you on this, that the PATS do not run the ball anywhere near as much as they should.  I do not expect that to get better with the second coming of McDaniels.  The PATS lack of balance on offense allows good teams to game plan against the spread without really having to worry about the run, because we only use it for change of pace, we are not taken seriously as a running team.

I also think that running the ball makes the offense tougher and allows a good offensive line to take over a game and we have a very good offensive line which is not being allowed to do what they do best, ATTACK what's in front of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dess, what was that font you used...??  just for rusty?

The reason I say coaching is because we played this team 3 times this year and lost all 3.

Does anyone think that the Giants have that much more talent than us to beat us 3 TIMES IN ONE YEAR?

19-18 in preseason

24-20 week 9

21-17 in SB.

B.B. is now what?  1-4 vs Coughlin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d826ad5df/Giants-defense-INT?continuous=true

Sorry, I go to Gronk in that situation 1000 times out of 1000, nay, 1000000 out of 1000000. The best TE in football, all alone, against a LBer?

Please. 

If the refs throw a flag on that play for defensive PI, LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE, it is Patriots ball. The refs seem to conveniently ditch Polian rules when the Colts are not invovled. 

The LBer basically pushed Gronkowski out of the way ... it isn't even subtle. The refs jobbed the pats on the first play, and they jobbed the Pats on that play.

But going to Gronk on a LBer deep downfield one on one. No brainer. Do it every time.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

For those that think Gronk was the difference why didnt we win in week 9 when he played?

What did he have 8 catches for 101.  Still not enough

I think Coughlin being from the same parcells tree that B.B. came from has his number for whatever reason.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Hi Rusty, I agree with you on this, that the PATS do not run the ball anywhere near as much as they should.  I do not expect that to get better with the second coming of McDaniels.  The PATS lack of balance on offense allows good teams to game plan against the spread without really having to worry about the run, because we only use it for change of pace, we are not taken seriously as a running team. I also think that running the ball makes the offense tougher and allows a good offensive line to take over a game and we have a very good offensive line which is not being allowed to do what they do best, ATTACK what's in front of them.
    Posted by Dessalines

Hmm. BJGE taking a loss right before the Welker drop?

Like he takes all the time because he runs scared. Most of NE's 3rd and longs start the exact same way ... BJGE  1 yard, 0 yards, -1 yards, or replace with Woodhead 1 yard, 0 yards, -1 yards. 

The "clock killing" run oriented offense only works if the running backs produce positive yardage. A negative run play is the same as a sack. That's what BJGE offered in the clutch, and why NE was forced to go vertical on 2nd and 11 with that much time on the clock. 

Outside of one 17 yard run that was blocked for him ten yards deep, the guy was horrible in that game. Four runs that produced two yards or less. 9 runs for 27 yards. 

If he bounces his run to the right hole, and picks up four or even three yards, then they aren't forced to try downfield. They have an open playbook instead of one full of calls that recover yards lost by their runner.

You EARN your reps on this team. BJGE isn't consistent enough a performer to earn reps. You can't fritter around giving yards and downs to teams because numb-nuts runs with his head down into the back of his offensive lineman.

If people want a running game to "take pressure off" Brady it starts by getting a real running back. The Giants have two that are better than any of NE's four.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thank You Z, for stating the obvious.

Benny is an average back. he is not taking away snaps from # 12 and the passing game in the clutch.

If we want to see more running, we need a Real RB..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d826ad5df/Giants-defense-INT?continuous=true Sorry, I go to Gronk in that situation 1000 times out of 1000, nay, 1000000 out of 1000000. The best TE in football, all alone, against a LBer? Please.  If the refs throw a flag on that play for defensive PI, LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE, it is Patriots ball. The refs seem to conveniently ditch Polian rules when the Colts are not invovled.  The LBer basically pushed Gronkowski out of the way ... it isn't even subtle. The refs jobbed the pats on the first play, and they jobbed the Pats on that play. But going to Gronk on a LBer deep downfield one on one. No brainer. Do it every time.  
    Posted by zbellino

I just watched that video like 5 times and I didn't see PI.  I agree he was open, but Brady underthrew it and Gronk was too hobbled to come back to the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gronkowski being pushed out of the way. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Gronkowski being pushed out of the way. 
    Posted by zbellino

You can get a screenshot like that for virtually every pass play ever.  In real time Gronk barely moves if at all when Blackburn puts his hand out.  If that was PI then so was a ton of the Pat's coverage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

No. Blackburn is playing the ball.  That's not a push. If that was Rob Ninkovich on Ballard, I would have been incensed if a call was made.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Thank you! I have been trying to say that. If you actually go backwards from that a couple of frames it is Gronk who puts his hands on Blackburn first. That came down to Blackburn making a more athletic play then Gronk could with one ankle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : You can get a screenshot like that for virtually every pass play ever.  In real time Gronk barely moves if at all when Blackburn puts his hand out.  If that was PI then so was a ton of the Pat's coverage.
    Posted by pcmIV

Case in point: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/77CyBqsmsmc/Super+Bowl+XLVI/kINC4dJxuz4

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : You're such a gutless puuke on this.  To not admit that the subbing of BJGE in for Woodhead for that obligatory run for -1 or 0 yards is why you're a liar. It's the same reason why he subbed in for Woodhead last January and DeVito was blasting pass 9 million Mankie into the backfield.  Gee, I am still really confused why this happens.  Are you this dumb or are you just so belligerent on this topic, you need to continue to not admit you've been wrong like your buddy Prolate? Basically you're saying Woodhead is a better 3 down back than BJGE. LOL I mean, LOL!! If you're that interested in sleeping with Tom Brady, fantasize about it on your own time.  Unreal.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

What are you talking about. Act like a human being instead of just insulting people. 

I said WOODHEAD AND BJGE cannot run well enough. 

You are patently delusional if you think BJGE earned another rep on that second to last drive after taking a loss. When your running back puts you in 2nd and 11 you don't keep feeding him the ball, you need to make the yardage back that he lost. 

It's second and long and they are passing downfield because the RUN FAILED. BJGE -1 one yards and it wouldn't have been different if Woodhead had been there either. Neither of them are good running backs, and if it weren't for the fact that defenses essentially ignore BJGE in their game plan, he wouldn't gain any yards. All I've ever said about Woodhead is that at least he can make a team think that he might catch a pass. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Thank You Z, for stating the obvious. Benny is an average back. he is not taking away snaps from # 12 and the passing game in the clutch. If we want to see more running, we need a Real RB..
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Agreed. I would love nothing more than a RB who can a.) play three downs, and b.) actually make a defensive coordinator think about him, or at least c.) be consistently productive when they aren't, which no one on this roster has proven to be. 

We are tlaking about a runner who averaged 3.7 YPC and had zero runs longer than 18 yards, and only 8 runs longer than 10 yards. All on an offense that moves the ball in spades passing, where no one on the other side of the ball is committing any pressure on him as a player.

Running Charlie Brown style with your head down and both arms gripping the ball in fear was cute when people were getting over Lawrence Maroney. Now it's old. NE can't run clock consistently because their running backs are not good enough to run the clock. 

Woodhead is too small, and gets caught in traffic. And BJGE is too slow and lacks the vision and patience of a good runner. He just heads downhill (frequently into the back of his blocker). If his blocker gets four yards of clearance he gets four yards. Otherwise he just hits a wall. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : And that was textbook coverage. That photo there shows the ball already deflected. He had one hand on the back of Nicks, with no illegal impedement. Tremendous defense and perfectly playd from behind like that. He made sure not to bump before the ball arrived.
    Posted by RustyGriswold

I agree.  I have high hopes for Moore.  He and Ras-I could be filthy.  Just pointing out there was more contact and a "worse looking" screenshot on that play than on the INT.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Do you realize, NE only scored or moved the ball well in a 2:00 offense in the SB?
    Posted by RustyGriswold

Doesn't that mean the Patriots should run the 2:00 offense all the time since it is the only way they move the ball?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts