Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on:
    In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Wrong.  It's how he was used. Once they started to use Woodhead as a lead back in the first half, that's a problem. That's problem #1. They had a chance to just unload a healthy BJGE and Ridley type approach oin the second and subsequent drives after the first TD drive out of halftime and they ddin't. Problem #2. I would have bet money with you on the spot that if they did what I just suggested (BJGE or RIdley in the second half as lead back), his YPC average would have been FAR better than 3.7 if he had been used. Yep. If he got around 20 carries, Brady doesn't throw that pick and I bet Welker never has that drop. And guess what? We win. YEP
    Posted by RustyGriswold

That Pats drive before the half culminated in a heavy dose of Woodhead. Even the announcers were ready to hand him the MVP award after that drive. The Giants did a respectable job defending the run, but I do think if you stick with it enough to keep them honest and get enough positive efforts that play action becomes much more effective. Ridley is their speed back and we all know what happens when you go back to back games with a fumble. In BB's dog house and no bone for you. BB probably doesn't trust him enough to hand him the rock in the biggest game of the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

Mr. Shizzle look at the response and admit that you are wrong. There is no shame in being wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The offense could have put it away, but did not execute.

Plus two stupid turnovers, a safety and and underthrown ball to Gronk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

IN BILL I TRUST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The offense could have put it away, but did not execute. Plus two stupid turnovers, a safety and and underthrown ball to Gronk
    Posted by kansaspatriot

LOL... Oh my!
    And the D could have got one 3 & out, retrieved one turn over, stopped the jints before they crossed the 50. Stopped them in less than 8 plays just once, made a stop on the last play, gotten more sacks or pressure or... or... or.
    Can you imagine if the Pat's had one more minute on their last drive?  No need to hurry, just run the 2 minute drill that they excel at?  Just one more minute of TOP, never mind the 16 they lost.
    You just can't blame one group or person.
    I sure would love to sit down and talk to BB about it and get a real answer.
    Not just, "Everybody could have done a little more".  But essentially, that's what it boils down to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

fyi BJGE averaged 3.7 this season. So did Brandon Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw averaged a whopping 3.9.

Yet the Giants ran the ball 27 times with these backs to our 17. We led for more then half the game and the Giants ran more in the 2nd half(when they were down) then they did in the 1st, thus controlling T.O.P.

Our run defense was better against the run then the Giants but they did something we have not done since 2004.(Coincidentally Weiss's last year) They showed a commitment to the run.

Replace some ill advised passing play calls with some 3-4 yard running plays and we might have more then 2 minutes to win the game....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Saying who's to blame for a team loss is not possible! If one person fails to do what the play being called forti do doesn't then the play wasn't exacuited, it's easy to sit back and say this and that,but until you are in that position you really can't make the call. We all have been there knowing the outcome and saying if only we did this or that. I think the team is to blame all of them in some way dropped the ball. I too believe the refs had a lot to do with it. I'm so SICK of the Giants, I think I hate them more now than the Jets! Which I never believed possible. They are in my humble opinion not Superbowl winners they are the team that won/got lucky by the other team not playing at their best. A 9-7 team is not Super by a stretch of the imagination, I don't care if they have Rings most will be pawning them soon anyway!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

fyi BJGE averaged 3.7 this season. So did Brandon Jacobs, and Ahmad Bradshaw averaged a whopping 3.9. Yet the Giants ran the ball 27 times with these backs to our 17. We led for more then half the game and the Giants ran more in the 2nd half(when they were down) then they did in the 1st, thus controlling T.O.P. Our run defense was better against the run then the Giants but they did something we have not done since 2004.(Coincidentally Weiss's last year) They showed a commitment to the run. Replace some ill advised passing play calls with some 3-4 yard running plays and we might have more then 2 minutes to win the game....
    Posted by TrueChamp

Actually, the Giants ran more in the first half--and were way more effective than the Pats running during that half. 
    • Bradshaw had 9 first-half attempts for 44 yards, for a 4.9 average and with a long of 24 yards
    • Jacobs was 5 attempts for 21 yards, with a 4.2 yard average and a long of 11 yards
    For the Pats in the first half:
    • Woodhead had 5 attempts for 13 yards, a 2.6 yard average, with a long of 6 yards
    • BJGE had 3 attempts for 7 yards, a 2.3 yard average, with a long of 4 yards
    The Giants two lead backs ran on 14 out of 35 plays (40%). The Pats two lead backs ran on 8 of 27 plays (30%).  

The Giants ran more in the game because it was more effective for them.  Bradshaw and Jacobs may not be great backs, but they're better than BJGE and Woodhead when you put them in running formations (the Danny and Benny show gets most of its yards from shotgun runs).  The Pats D also has to keep the safeties back because of the poor pass coverage.  And this creates opportunities for teams that want to run.  Because the Giants passing game was so effective, they were able to keep our defense focused on the pass and that opened some opportunities for runs as our safeties were playing deep. 

Of course, the Giants D also had to focus on our passing game--but unlike the Giants' passing game, the Pats' passing game mostly happens close to the LOS.  This means safeties can come close to the LOS where they're in position to defend the run as well as the short pass.  It's one reason we need a better wideout.  If we could pull safeties back, it would open things up not just for our passing game but our running game.

Football's a game of lots of moving parts and they all affect one another. You can't reduce it to simplistic formulae, such as "hand the ball to BJGE 20+ times and we'll win" or "keep Brady from throwing more than 35 times and we'll win." It's way more complex than that.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Good points; except I partly disagree about the Giant RBs; Jacobs has seen better days, & Bradshaw's actually pretty good; he was hampered all season due to a  broken foot.

And, you'll see every team learn the lesson about scoring TDs with a minute or so left when up by less than 1 score and a HOF/superstar QB about to get back on the field.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Saying who's to blame for a team loss is not possible! If one person fails to do what the play being called forti do doesn't then the play wasn't exacuited, it's easy to sit back and say this and that,but until you are in that position you really can't make the call. We all have been there knowing the outcome and saying if only we did this or that. I think the team is to blame all of them in some way dropped the ball. I too believe the refs had a lot to do with it. I'm so SICK of the Giants, I think I hate them more now than the Jets! Which I never believed possible. They are in my humble opinion not Superbowl winners they are the team that won/got lucky by the other team not playing at their best. A 9-7 team is not Super by a stretch of the imagination, I don't care if they have Rings most will be pawning them soon anyway!!!!!!!
    Posted by laurienyc13

More sore loser-itis. Speaking of, whatever happened to pauldeba? He was shooting his mouth off the most before the game, predicted all Giants fans would disappear by late Sun night, then did that himself. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

Brady was not the same after the Tuck sack.  The pass to Welker was 
    a terrible one.  Biggest point in the game.  / Eli the hick through a pea
    to manningham through a tiny window.  - it's the story of two passes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

the safety was on brady.  he needs to take two steps out of pocketand he can throw it ANYWHERE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

he screams like an 8 year old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Enough with the blame game. The two best teams squared off and gave us an extremely exciting super bowl. The Giants made a few more plays and the Patriots just ran out of time.

On to next year. I think Brady needs more help. A running game should do the trick. Obviously, the defense needs a few more playmakers.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : LOL... Oh my! And the D could have got one 3 & out, retrieved one turn over, stopped the jints before they crossed the 50. Posted by pezz4pats

to be honest BB let them score, so the defense did what they were ordered to do. But in hindsight BB should have let them score right after the Manningham catch to preserve more time for the offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : to be honest BB let them score, so the defense did what they were ordered to do. But in hindsight BB should have let them score right after the Manningham catch to preserve more time for the offense.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

It's a sad state of affairs when the best strategy on D is to let the other team score as fast as possible so your O can get back on the field.  But I think you're right . . . 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

IN BILL I TRUST
    Posted by p-dogg81

Count me amongst the people who have lost faith, especially against Coughlin who seems to have BB figured out.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : He let them score because they were going to score anyway.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I still think BB is getting a pass on challeging the Manningham catch. They had shown a replay before he threw the challenge flag that showed Manningham getting both feet down.

That time-out turned out to be the difference between needing to concede the TD and being able to play for the FG and only need an FG to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : I still think BB is getting a pass on challeging the Manningham catch. They had shown a replay before he threw the challenge flag that showed Manningham getting both feet down. That time-out turned out to be the difference between needing to concede the TD and being able to play for the FG and only need an FG to win.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

probably a knee jerk reaction after seeing his instructions to the d to focus on cruz and nicks backfire on them.

he may be a genius, but he's human therefore capable of a blunder or two.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : I still think BB is getting a pass on challeging the Manningham catch. They had shown a replay before he threw the challenge flag that showed Manningham getting both feet down. That time-out turned out to be the difference between needing to concede the TD and being able to play for the FG and only need an FG to win.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

I don't think it was a bad call.  I think it was pretty clear that a completion there was going to put the Giants in pretty good position to win, so Belichick almost had to take a chance on seeing if it could be overturned. Also, the defense may very well have needed a time out to regroup.  The end of that game was a disaster between the O stalling out and the D not making stops.  You can question one call or one play, but really there were so many things going wrong that no single thing really made the difference.  The Giants were just the better team.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Despite that perfect throw and great catch, it was the right call to make Manningham and the TE beat us. Nicks and Cruz can take a ball to the house and needed to be contained.

The real problem with that play is that the Ginats even had the opportunity in the 1st place. How many times can we ask our defense to hole in one half? Our offense couldn't hold the ball.....again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Can we be Honest and Say who the Lost Ultimately Falls on : Who would that HOF/superstar QB be?
    Posted by BabeParilli

You're kidding, right? #12.

Sections
Shortcuts