Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!

It looks like my job is finished here.  Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

This is priceless...You Patsie fans are such hypocrites. Whenever Peyton Manning "chokes" in the playoffs or in a Super Bowl you ALL point the finger at him and call him a choker. When Mr. Pretty Boy Brady "chokes" in the big game you ALL want to point the finger at the rest of the team. When Manning wins, its because it was a team effort, when Brady wins, its because he's the "best ever". You guys are a joke! This whole fanbase is a joke! LMFAO!!  Its a "team" game idiots! Win or lose, its a "team" game. To call Peyton a "choker" and Brady the "goat" is a joke.     Peyton>Brady

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!:
    [QUOTE]This is priceless...You Patsie fans are such hypocrites. Whenever Peyton Manning "chokes" in the playoffs or in a Super Bowl you ALL point the finger at him and call him a choker. When Mr. Pretty Boy Brady "chokes" in the big game you ALL want to point the finger at the rest of the team. When Manning wins, its because it was a team effort, when Brady wins, its because he's the "best ever". You guys are a joke! This whole fanbase is a joke! LMFAO!!  Its a "team" game idiots! Win or lose, its a "team" game. To call Peyton a "choker" and Brady the "goat" is a joke.     Peyton />Brady
    Posted by CoolPat[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

LOL....gotta love a thread to stop the bickering about who cost us the superbowl now at 7 pages......how shocking!! Why is it so hard for people to understand how to use the ignore button? I'm convinced that the people who whine the most about the trolls are the same ones who truly enjoy arguing with them. No trolls on my message board!!....Ignoring 1 at a time..... ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! :      Thanks for the interesting post. My take on the game is that not having Gronk at 100% crippled the offense. He was Brady's most lethal weapon last year. Gronk's inability to run and cut allowed the G-men to single cover him with a LB or a safety, and focus their efforts on Hernandez and Welker, over the middle. It also allowed their safeties to cheat up towards the line of scrimmage, making it harder for the Pats to run the ball.      With a healthy Gronk, the 2011 Pats were on equal footing with the Giants. Without him, the Giants were the better overall team. The Pats needed a break or two to win. Unfortunately, the ball didn't bounce their way. Nonetheless, I felt a lot better the SB 46 loss than I did about the SB 42 heartbreaker. The Pats gave it their all in SB 46, but just came up a tad short.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Like Wozzy, myself and others have stated I think the playcalling was not very inspired.  I think missing Gronk really did hurt us and there was no plan B. I guess it just shows that skill wise the pats just didn't have the depth in the wr/te position.  

I have much more faith in this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, well, yards lost us the Lombardi trophy, so.... enjoy shoving them. Hopefully BB has solved the yards problem with his huge defensive investment. As far as one more FG... how about the D allowing scores on only 2 of 4 2nd half Giants possessions instead of 3 of 4? That would have done the same thing.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    I disagree. How meaningful is a stat where the three worst culprits have the three best records in the NFL and the fourth worst wins the Super Bowl?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Tom Brady is the new Peyton Manning. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady is the new Peyton Manning.
    Posted by CoolPat[/QUOTE]
    Tom is in good company then. 7 Super Bowls, 4 Lombardis, numerous records between them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : Like Wozzy, myself and others have stated I think the playcalling was not very inspired.  I think missing Gronk really did hurt us and there was no plan B. I guess it just shows that skill wise the pats just didn't have the depth in the wr/te position.   I have much more faith in this season.
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]

What could the Pats have done differently, other than execute better, that would have made a difference? You're not buying the Wozzy BS about how the Pats should have ran the ball more, are you? Again, being virtually without Gronk allowed the Giants' safeties to cheat up  close to the line of scrimmage...which made running the ball difficult. Had Welker caught that late 4th quarter pass...or had Brady made a better throw on that pass, would we even be having this discussion?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

What IS funny is that Rusty disappears and Glenr decides to show up.

That's far from a coincidence. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! :      What could the Pats have done differently, other than execute better, that would have made a difference? You're not buying the Wozzy BS about how the Pats should have ran the ball more, are you? Again, being virtually without Gronk allowed the Giants' safeties to cheat up  close to the line of scrimmage...which made running the ball difficult. Had Welker caught that late 4th quarter pass...or had Brady made a better throw on that pass, would we even be having this discussion?  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you.. the pats where a few plays from winning the game.  I don't know if running would be the key since in got stuffed quite a few times, but the cravat to that answer is when it got stuffed it was obvious they were running.  I think on a few of the failed drives we could have tried a few different passing sets and screens... and such.  I am not a coach, nor to a pretend to be.  This is just my opinion from my gut feeling when I was watching the game. There were a few plays in which I was talking to the T.V. and calling where the play was going.  If I can do that and be right the other teams coaches can too.  I would have liked a little more creativity in the play calling... would that have won the game... I don't or pretend to know.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!": [QUOTE]What was Mayo thinking on that play where he jumped the TD route?  It's like he didn't even turn to look for the ball. Posted by Mighty2013[/QUOTE] It looked like he wasnt expecting the throw that quickly, he was in perfect position too. That was another play that had it gone the other way would have won it for the Pat's. The game was so close that just one more 1st down could have changed the outcome. This is a new season now, its going to be the Patriots year !

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : But the only reason for him to jump the route like that is if the Pats are expecting a throw that quickly .... not disagreeing with you, just so frustrating that all these plays slipped through our fingers. Posted by Mighty2013[/QUOTE] Yeah I hear ya, it was so close. You're right though, he jumped it because they expected the throw. Maybe he was just surprised that it hit him right in the hands. I don't like to blame it on luck but man, the Giants have had some good bounces in both of these Super Bowls. This years Patriots if healthy are good enough to win it all even if everything doesn't bounce their way. We just need the O-line to get healthy . Haven't had this good of a feeling about them before the season since 2007. Bring on the Titans!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!": Yeah I hear ya, it was so close. You're right though, he jumped it because they expected the throw. Maybe he was just surprised that it hit him right in the hands. I don't like to blame it on luck but man, the Giants have had some good bounces in both of these Super Bowls. This years Patriots if healthy are good enough to win it all even if everything doesn't bounce their way. We just need the O-line to get healthy . Haven't had this good of a feeling about them before the season since 2007. Bring on the Titans!
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Totall agree!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I do agree with you.. the pats where a few plays from winning the game.  I don't know if running would be the key since in got stuffed quite a few times, but the cravat to that answer is when it got stuffed it was obvious they were running.  I think on a few of the failed drives we could have tried a few different passing sets and screens... and such.  I am not a coach, nor to a pretend to be.  This is just my opinion from my gut feeling when I was watching the game. There were a few plays in which I was talking to the T.V. and calling where the play was going.  If I can do that and be right the other teams coaches can too.  I would have liked a little more creativity in the play calling... would that have won the game... I don't or pretend to know. Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE] As predictable as our run plays were BJGE still went for over 4 ypc. He had 17,7,7,and 5 yards on 4 of his 10 carries. Let's not act like he was getting stuffed like say Ray Rice in the afc championship game against us. BJGE had success in limited opps. He's not a game breaker but BB felt he was good enough to be our starting RB 2 years running. Anyway, I agree with you, we needed diversity, not just more runs but runningbacks involved in the passing game(screens etc...) I hope McD changes this. I think it will be the difference between winning a SB and losing it!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I think most of us realize both sides of the ball could have done more to win. If we scored another td we could have won by scoring 24. If we had prevented that last td we would have won by holding them to 13 points (offensively). Imagine if we could have kept the ball away from them a little longer in the 2nd half. Most of us would be talking about the amazing job BB did with a glued up secondary, holding a very good offense to 13 points in the SB....Maybe they would have put another one of his defensive schemes in the HOF.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

+1 . . . good post wozzy.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I think most of us realize both sides of the ball could have done more to win. If we scored another td we could have won by scoring 24. If we had prevented that last td we would have won by holding them to 13 points (offensively). Imagine if we could have kept the ball away from them a little longer in the 2nd half. Most of us would be talking about the amazing job BB did with a glued up secondary, holding a very good offense to 13 points in the SB....Maybe they would have put another one of his defensive schemes in the HOF.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Reasonably stated.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I've said that at least 15 times. The headlines would have read "BB does it again with another SB D, a patchwork D, and holds an offense to 13 points the least since the 2000 Ravens' 7." Good post? All Brady needed to do was not take a Safety, throw an INT or put the ball into Welker's breadbasket on the seam route for that headline to be true. Is this you finally admitting what we've all been waiting for (minus the psychos you align with)?
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

You truly are stupid. The +1 was for the conciliatory nature of the post expressing blame to be shared. Then you spew your same old bile. You are the moron king.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Bye-Bye Babe!!  One troll down....6 to go. Laughing

I'm so glad the mods are doing their jobs and cleaning our forum up.

Now that he's gone we can have a civil debate and end all this bickering in every thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I've said that at least 15 times. The headlines would have read "BB does it again with another SB D, a patchwork D, and holds an offense to 13 points the least since the 2000 Ravens' 7." Good post? All Brady needed to do was not take a Safety, throw an INT or put the ball into Welker's breadbasket on the seam route for that headline to be true. Is this you finally admitting what we've all been waiting for (minus the psychos you align with)?
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms[/QUOTE]

Brady led our team on some of the longest drives in Super Bowl history. Do you remember where we were starting on most of our drives? We had terrible field position all night because our defense allowed them to drive the length of the field virtually every drive.

I believe on one of our scoring drives Brady was perfect...something like 9 for 9 or something. If we win that game Brady wins the MVP award hands down, no questions asked. And the rest of the region forgets that the defense did nothing NOTHING to help us win that game.

God you're really pathetic, it's kind of sad you run around here pretending to be a fan when you're really the biggest troll here...ruining threads and causing problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

I'm done dissecting the losses.  I'm hopeful the Pats will win another SB with Brady to lessen the sting of those Giant losses.  A SB sandwich of sorts  W-W-W-L-L-W

This thread was fun to read while ignoring the venomous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Don't worry.  The forum's owner is planning to paywall most of us out of here soon enough.