Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!

Before you add to this thread... you might want to ask yourself "do I feel lucky? ... Well punk... do you?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Is it possible to put a thread topic on IGNORE???

Yes yes I know... all I have to do is not read them.... But how many of us really think this topic has anything of value at all left in it? Other than someone wanting to relive a NY Giants victory?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!:
    In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : That happens to me as well. I have been convinced for a while that Babe is a paid employee only here to generate website hits. Nobody could insult as many participants on this board as he does and not be banned.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I told you I don't insult people stupido. I describe them. If I wanted to insult you I would call you an a--hole or say you have a BJGE blow up doll or claim you are like a mass murderer, not point out that you obviously are a bonehead.

I don't work for BDC or anybody else even remotely associated with this board.

I inform you that you are always wrong for free.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!:
    In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : No we wouldn't because we have Tom Brady and they have Matt Cassel. Running more would open up the pass and leave us indefensible. We play into a defense like the gints hands when we have thrown 135 pass att's to 55 rush att's in our last 3 losses in a row....2 of them being SB's Saying Benny wasn't good enough to handle more carries in the afc game or the SB is wrong my man. He averaged over 4 ypc in both games but only received 10 and 12 carries. If BB didn't think Benny was a good Rb for his team he wouldn't have used him as his lead back for 2 years in a row, in which he produced 1,700 yards 24 tds and zero fumbles.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I can agree with a lot of things...however this????

Bill Belichick drafted not one, but two backs to replace Benny. Bill also could of easily resigned Benny this off season (we are sitting on 10 million in cap space right now)...they never even offered him a contract...nothing.

There were 47 runners in the NFL last year with a better YPC average. I'm not kidding. There were 27 running backs that gained more yards than him last year. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he didn't average over 4ypc in the Super Bowl. This is a guy playing on an offense that defenses  didn't pay attention to the runner...yet he still wasn't very good. He didn't face 8 men in the box like the top runners in the NFL do.

Say that the offense was too predictable all you want, but don't say Benny was going to save us. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Is it possible to put a thread topic on IGNORE??? Yes yes I know... all I have to do is not read them.... But how many of us really think this topic has anything of value at all left in it? Other than someone wanting to relive a NY Giants victory?
    Posted by portfolio1

I would rather have the argument in one thread... instead of every thread and so far people here are having a good back and forth. Maybe we can it get it all out here maybe not but your not adding anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I can agree with a lot of things...however this???? Bill Belichick drafted not one, but two backs to replace Benny. Bill also could of easily resigned Benny this off season (we are sitting on 10 million in cap space right now)...they never even offered him a contract...nothing. There were 47 runners in the NFL last year with a better YPC average. I'm not kidding. There were 27 running backs that gained more yards than him last year. And I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he didn't average over 4ypc in the Super Bowl. This is a guy playing on an offense that defenses  didn't pay attention to the runner...yet he still wasn't very good. He didn't face 8 men in the box like the top runners in the NFL do. Say that the offense was too predictable all you want, but don't say Benny was going to save us. 
    Posted by mthurl

I have to agree, Lawfirm was not going to carry this team on his back.  I really hope that this year will be differnt that we can have a threat in both areas.   

In the superbowl the run wasn't the total answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There is never going to be civil discussion here until BDC is able to rid this place of Rusty and his many false accounts. They have tried to ban him many many times but he just comes back and makes a new Rusty and keeps posting with his fakes right along showing phoney support for his crazy rants.

They recently tried to fix the site but were stymied by technical issues. Their desire to have more "local control" probably has to do with Rusty absolutely infesting their site with his fakes. I wish them well in that endeavor because this nutty goof is ruining their site.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!":
    In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I have to agree, Lawfirm was not going to carry this team on his back.  I really hope that this year will be differnt that we can have a threat in both areas.    In the superbowl the run wasn't the total answer.     Posted by csylvia79
    I'm sure he's a great guy (good worker, good lockeroom type, etc), but there's a reason he's gone. I hope things are different this year too. I imagine one of these young backs will step up and hopefully make a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I do like your new Sig.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : MangioneMoron is not a Pats fan and no one likes Babe Parilli as a posing Pats fan troll here either. Wouldn't it be easier to rid them of this board once and for all? What does Babe contribute to this board? Can anyone answer this?   All he does is swing in and out of threads to protect his psycho-glory image of Brady in a pair of autographed pink panties.
    Posted by Dusty Bottoms

This thread isn't about singling anyone out, You can start you own threads with these questions you might get a few responses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I, too, prefer civil discussions as a matter of course.  Regrettably, they are all too rare in this forum. I read (twice) your post and can't really find much with which to disagree.  I, too, think BB is one of the great coaches in the game and can't think of anyone who I would rather have coaching the Pats.  That said, the offensive game plan did seem to lack, oh I don't know, pizazz, I guess?  On D, the Pats had their chances for some turnovers but the ball didn't seem to bounce their way.  The Nink off-side late in the game was a killer. Overall, the defensive game plan, for a BB-coached team, didn't seem to have anything new. There is a school of thought, and I'm inclined to lean in this direction, that the Pats didn't so much lose the game, the Giants won it.  Manning made a great (not good, great) sideline throw to Manningham who made a textbook in bounds catch.  On the other hand, Brady's throw to Welker wasn't perfect and Welker didn't make a catch that he was capable of making.  Does it all boil down to one or two plays?  In a game that tight, yes it does. My thoughts.
    Posted by ATJ

The coaching staff made their share of mistakes for the SB.  One would think that BB and the rest of the coaching staff better prepare the team against the Giants - and learning a little bit from their prior 4-5 meetings.

As an example, why would one run a pass play on their first possession of the game with 1st and 10 on the NE6? To me, they should have run the ball. Yeah, yeah. Hindsight is 20-20. Doesn't matter. It ended up costing the team 2 points.

The time of possession ended up being: 37:05 vs. 22:55 in favor of the Giants. I would blame offense, defense, and coaching for that.  Offense for really not moving the ball that much, defense for not being able to get off the field, and the coaching for seemingly calling a poor game offensively and defensively.

The offense scored 0 pts. in the first quarter. Who's fault is that? To keep it simple, the Offense. This was a season long trend where the Patriots came out of the gates very slowly. The offense, only put up 17 points. Pretty pathetic, well below average. Yes, Gronk was out.  BB's fault for not carrying 3 TEs, like the year before.

The Patriots did not have any takeways. Defense's fault. On the other hand, they limited the Giant offense to 21 pts. Bottom line, they couldn't come up big when the Patriots needed it most. How many games did the defense win for the Patriots? Not many.

Coughlin coached the Giants team to do what they do best. Keep the score low, reduce the number of possessions to limit the scoring opportunities for the opponent.

BB and the coaching staff were outcoached because the Patriots weren't able to play to their strength; which is the passing game.  Since it didn't work out too well for several of the other games against the Giants, BB and the coaching staff didn't learn from their prior mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, the Patriots used to do the same thing against the old Colts. I still wouldn't have any other coach. That being said, it was definitely a team loss; involving offense, defense, and coaching.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I could come up with plenty of what ifs and if this or that happened, but we lost and it hurt again! This time it hurt my brain not my heart. I know we are all civil men, no offense but I am getting depressed here and I want to just look forward. Brady could still win another if not 2 SB if we get back to a solid running game, something lacking in our last 2 SB appearances.
    Posted by freediro

You're not concerned about the 31st ranked defense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I, too, prefer civil discussions as a matter of course.  Regrettably, they are all too rare in this forum. I read (twice) your post and can't really find much with which to disagree.  I, too, think BB is one of the great coaches in the game and can't think of anyone who I would rather have coaching the Pats.  That said, the offensive game plan did seem to lack, oh I don't know, pizazz, I guess?  On D, the Pats had their chances for some turnovers but the ball didn't seem to bounce their way.  The Nink off-side late in the game was a killer. Overall, the defensive game plan, for a BB-coached team, didn't seem to have anything new. There is a school of thought, and I'm inclined to lean in this direction, that the Pats didn't so much lose the game, the Giants won it.  Manning made a great (not good, great) sideline throw to Manningham who made a textbook in bounds catch.  On the other hand, Brady's throw to Welker wasn't perfect and Welker didn't make a catch that he was capable of making.  Does it all boil down to one or two plays?  In a game that tight, yes it does. My thoughts.
    Posted by ATJ

Your thoughts are well stated. There are a number of other things to include. But the only one I will point out is the 12 man penalty. There is no excuse whatsoever for something like that in a Super Bowl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : You're not concerned about the 31st ranked defense?
    Posted by BabeParilli

They were 31st last season.

This is a new season with alot of new personnel.  I don't think I'd be going out much on a limb by saying I believe that the D will be much improved.  After all,  they pretty much got no place to go but up. LOL!

C'mon, tell the truth Babe.  Do you think this years defense will be better or not?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : They were 31st last season. This is a new season with alot of new personnel.  I don't think I'd be going out much on a limb by saying I believe that the D will be much improved.  After all,  they pretty much got no place to go but up. LOL! C'mon, tell the truth Babe.  Do you think this years defense will be better or not?
    Posted by Salcon

I think they will be better Dom. I think BB threw it all at that problem in the offseason and is sick of seeing games lost in the last minutes with the other guy pulling a Brady on us.

My greatest football wish is to see the Giants in the SB again and watch Eli throw a pick six like his bro on the last drive to lose it to us. I can think of no sweeter scenario.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I think they will be better Dom. I think BB threw it all at that problem in the offseason and is sick of seeing games lost in the last minutes with the other guy pulling a Brady on us. My greatest football wish is to see the Giants in the SB again and watch Eli throw a pick six like his bro on the last drive to lose it to us. I can think of no sweeter scenario.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I just hope the d can be more aggressive up front that way the secondary doesn't have to hold so long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : I think they will be better Dom. I think BB threw it all at that problem in the offseason and is sick of seeing games lost in the last minutes with the other guy pulling a Brady on us. My greatest football wish is to see the Giants in the SB again and watch Eli throw a pick six like his bro on the last drive to lose it to us. I can think of no sweeter scenario.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Now that WOULD be sweet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone with any reasonable knowledge of the game should know that BOTH sides of the ball made mistakes that cost us the game. Blaming either side is just ridiculous, and a waste of time. especially here, as there are some that will argue over the same things for years if they keep getting fed by others.

As far as things being civil....good luck with that. There is a small handful of guys that come here just to stir the pot and bicker with each other every day. The ignore button works wonders, and makes this forum a LOT better. Plenty of great info and chat here, but you have to use ignore to enjoy it "bicker free".

Let the guys who crave the daily arguments & bickering do their thing...they love it, and feed off of it. It gives them the attention they are so sadly starved for. I probably have about 10 people on ignore, and all I see is posts that talk football now....not the 7th grade level crap these idiots live for..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anyone with any reasonable knowledge of the game should know that BOTH sides of the ball made mistakes that cost us the game. Blaming either side is just ridiculous, and a waste of time. especially here, as there are some that will argue over the same things for years if they keep getting fed by others. As far as things being civil....good luck with that. There is a small handful of guys that come here just to stir the pot and bicker with each other every day. The ignore button works wonders, and makes this forum a LOT better. Plenty of great info and chat here, but you have to use ignore to enjoy it "bicker free". Let the guys who crave the daily arguments & bickering do their thing...they love it, and feed off of it. It gives them the attention they are so sadly starved for. I probably have about 10 people on ignore, and all I see is posts that talk football now....not the 7th grade level crap these idiots live for..
    Posted by tanbass

wuss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : You're not concerned about the 31st ranked defense?
    Posted by BabeParilli

When you ask someone 'what is a defenses job in a football game?', the answer for most people is 'to stop the other team from scoring points'. Its not 'to give up fewer passing yards that the other team'. They were not the '31st ranked defense', they were the 31st ranked defense in terms of passing yards allowed and total yards allowed. They were the 15th ranked defense when you look at the stat that answers the question 'what is a defenses job in a football game?'. And it was not because the offense was playing a dominating, ball control style that allowed the defense to rest for long periods of time. The offense was superb. They pretty much scored at will during the regular season. Which meant the defense was matched against opponents who were most often behind in the game. When teams are behind, they pass the ball, a lot. How many of those yards were given up when games were out of hand already. How many were given up when Slater and Edelmann were playing DB? You over simplify Bradys Super Bowl performance by saying 'his passer rating was close to 100 (and then you add 'if you leave out that last possession')', and you over simplify how the defense played by saying 'they gave up the 2nd most yards'. There is a lot more to both of those issues, not everything is black and white.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!":
    I really try to keep things civil. I think most do other then Babe and Rusty, and a few trolls who only try and illicit reactions. I agree with your post. I don't blame Brady in the slightest and I think BB has his hands full rebuilding a defense that lost its core 4 years ago, and has battled quite a few under achievers and injuries in the secondary. I blame lazy offensive play calling that relies too much on Tom Brady and his amazing ability, and not enough on keeping the opposing defense's off balance. I don't think that is an absurd notion. Posted by TrueChamp
    Exactly, I agree 100%. We have a new O Coordinator and some really talented young guys on defense. This is our year, This is the best I've felt going into a season since 2004 when they got Dillon. The bickering and finger pointing ruins this forum for the 90% that don't participate in it. The Patriots are a team, not one guy, not just one side of the ball but a team and I'm a fan of all of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to "Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here!": Exactly, I agree 100%. We have a new O Coordinator and some really talented young guys on defense. This is our year, This is the best I've felt going into a season since 2004 when they got Dillon. The bickering and finger pointing ruins this forum for the 90% that don't participate in it. The Patriots are a team, not one guy, not just one side of the ball but a team and I'm a fan of all of it.
    Posted by sporter81

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Can we have a civil debate to end all this bickering in ever thread here! : When you ask someone 'what is a defenses job in a football game?', the answer for most people is 'to stop the other team from scoring points'. Its not 'to give up fewer passing yards that the other team'. They were not the '31st ranked defense', they were the 31st ranked defense in terms of passing yards allowed and total yards allowed. They were the 15th ranked defense when you look at the stat that answers the question 'what is a defenses job in a football game?'. And it was not because the offense was playing a dominating, ball control style that allowed the defense to rest for long periods of time. The offense was superb. They pretty much scored at will during the regular season. Which meant the defense was matched against opponents who were most often behind in the game. When teams are behind, they pass the ball, a lot. How many of those yards were given up when games were out of hand already. How many were given up when Slater and Edelmann were playing DB? You over simplify Bradys Super Bowl performance by saying 'his passer rating was close to 100 (and then you add 'if you leave out that last possession')', and you over simplify how the defense played by saying 'they gave up the 2nd most yards'. There is a lot more to both of those issues, not everything is black and white.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111

so, does that mean you think the offense played superbly during the superbowl....with a whopping 17 points?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

To answer the OP (post was too long to click the reply button), I agree with a lot of what you said. It really comes down to the defense did not help the offense by creating any turnovers to get the offense the ball back in good field position. And the defense did not help themselves by making a key stop or two at critical times. The offense did not help the defense by giving the Giants the ball back twice (on the interception and the safety) when they could have held the ball longer for the defense to get a break. And the offense did not help themselves because there were just too many plays that could have been executed better.

Sections
Shortcuts