Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Re: Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye??

In Response to Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye??:
    I'd like to think we can. Miami in Florida in early October is a tough one though in that heat. I do think it's important for the Pats to start out of the gate fast though. 3-1 at worse. Thoughts??
    Posted by smorgan86

1-3  2-2 win over bills maybe phins

Jets and Bengals = losses

Jets D 2 much
    Bengals Div Champs to much passing with TO johnson Grisham and Shipley... oh yeah benson running

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

sure...elephants could fly too...but hey its a crazy, mixed up world

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye??:
    I'd like to think we can. Miami in Florida in early October is a tough one though in that heat. I do think it's important for the Pats to start out of the gate fast though. 3-1 at worse. Thoughts??
    Posted by smorgan86

I can see Cincy putting up 24 on the Pats defense. Surely that Pats can put up more than 24 points, but red zone plays must result in 7 points not 3. Cincy has the DB's to to force the Pats to rely on Gronk and Hernandez and the RB's. Are they ready? If they are, Pats win. If they are not, Cincy wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Cincy is going to light you up.  Then we are going to beat you up : )  0-2 out of the blocks.  Gunna be a long year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye??:
    Cincy has good DBs, but I am not sure Jonathan Joseph in single coverage on Moss is a good idea.  Moss's physical advantage there is obvious. Hall isn't very big either. I think Hall usually lines up on the right. This will come down to O'Brien showing run early and often like he has in the first 2 preseason games, red zone offense hitting like they need to, and NE continuing to be solid against the run. Gresham is a wild card in his first game and BB does well agaisnt teams with legit, top notch TEs. He'll probably use his SD or Indy style game plan where he takes out the TE and then lets the corners fend for themselves on the WRs, which I have no issue with. TO is one year older and Ocho has long considered Bodden one of the best he's faced. Should be a tough test, though. Cincy has a good, solid components on the lines, a good QB, good run game and a good D.
    Posted by russgriswold

If I recall correctly the success against the TE in the Indy game (Clarke) and the SD game (Gates) was primarily McGowen.
    TO and Ocho still scare me against Butler/Mcourtney. If Benson goes for 150...I think Pats lose.
    I am hearing (don't ask how and I have no "link") that one of the cut down moves is going to be Edelman on the PUP, but I cant find out why. Puts even more pressure on Tate, which also makes me nervous. ( I think I have already stated my case on relying on 1st year players)
    Pats also need a better game from the P. He cannot have another Ram's game. Could be the difference between winning this game or losing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye?? : Yes, Cincy who just struggled in the supposed "dress rehearsal" of preseason against Buffalo is going to "light up" a BB team that has only lost one opener and never lost a home opener. Strong logic!! Did you get new sneakers for the new school year yet?
    Posted by russgriswold

Of course, when you use the "supposed dress rehearsal" of the preseason to support your contention, it opens you up to the fact that the pats lost theirs at home to the 1-15 Rams playing a Rookie quarterback who controlled the entire 1st half.  All of a sudden that logic does look strong. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It's possible but I'm actually a little worried about Cincy. Their passing game is going to be very tough to defend and it'll be up to the defense to stop them. It all depends on the defense. The game is likely going to be a shootout and could go either way imo. I do think the Pats have a decent chance to win it though.

I think they'll be able to stop the Jets in NY. The Jets will be missing Holmes, most likely Pace, and most likely Revis. If that's the case I think it's a fairly easy win for the Pats. I have no faith in Sanchez, especially early in the season following a pretty bad preseason.

The Bills should be a win.

Miami will be a very tough game and one they could definitely lose. They are a much better team than in the past and Brady doesn't usually play well in Miami. It'll be a close game, but I think Miami wins by a TD.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg... saying the Pats lost to the 1 - 15 Rams is a misnomer...   are they REALLY the same team as last year?  How often do we hear this is a new season, yet, everyone likes to play on the "last season" records to justify an opinion?  IE - The Pats did well against the SB champs in the first pre-season game, pretty much dominated the Falcons in Atlanta and then lose to the Rams.  So, which way do you go?

As for can the Pats jump out 4 - 0?  Why not??!!  Seems everyone is banking on the "last season" records to justify predictions of not going 4 - 0 or even 2 - 2.  Look at the bluster from whodeawhodat...   thinks the thunderous Bengals, off that impressive performance against the Bills will roll into Foxboro and win and the offensive juggernaut the Jets will roll over the Pats in game 2.  We all know what the 4 - 0 preseason Lions did in that year didn't we?  Pre-season form does not hold in most cases.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

McCourty and Bodden should be just fine with physical man coverage on Ocho and TO. I am not concerned about that match up.  Gresham could be a problem because of his size and speed.   He's like a Gates type. Agreed on Mesko.  He need to just be consistent.
    Posted by russgriswold

Man I swear to God you are not watching the same games everyone else is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Cincinnati has collapsed.

The Jets have a tremendous defense, except their best pass rusher broke his foot, their best cornerback hasn't practiced with the team and is still holding out, and they don't actually have a good cornerback, never mind two of them.  Also, Cromartie has a target on his chest for running backs.  To play the Patriots you need three top notch cornerbacks with different skill sets depending on who's lined up, speedsters or lateral explosion experts, and also somebody to cover Hernandez and Gronk, depending on who's on the field.

The Sanchize had a disastrous record last year except for the two playoff games, and has had nothing but disaster in the preseason.  That leaves the Jets with a 1-dimensional running game and not even a Leon Washington to break up the monotony. 

I'm not looking past the away game at New York.  Buffalo and Miami haven't done that much on the field this month, although Miami got lots of hype beforehand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

dogg... saying the Pats lost to the 1 - 15 Rams is a misnomer...   are they REALLY the same team as last year?  How often do we hear this is a new season, yet, everyone likes to play on the "last season" records to justify an opinion?  IE - The Pats did well against the SB champs in the first pre-season game, pretty much dominated the Falcons in Atlanta and then lose to the Rams.  So, which way do you go? As for can the Pats jump out 4 - 0?  Why not??!!  Seems everyone is banking on the "last season" records to justify predictions of not going 4 - 0 or even 2 - 2.  Look at the bluster from whodeawhodat...   thinks the thunderous Bengals, off that impressive performance against the Bills will roll into Foxboro and win and the offensive juggernaut the Jets will roll over the Pats in game 2.  We all know what the 4 - 0 preseason Lions did in that year didn't we?  Pre-season form does not hold in most cases.
    Posted by agcsbill

AGC - what's the latest regular season record for the Rams?  Your famous x-coach said, "you are what your record says you are".  Until that changes, and the Rams will have their chance, that is what they are.  But really that was not my point.  First, I think the rams will still be one of the worst teams in the NFL and will struggle to win 4 games.  Buffalo is better. 

The point was Russ suggested the poster was not being logical about the Bengals since they did not play well against a bad Buffalo team in the 3rd preseason game (a starters dress rehearsal).  Yet, by holding the pats to the same standard Russ used, the Pats played and lost to a worse team (IMO) that started a rookie QB on the road who controlled the clock the entire first half. 

All of a sudden that other poster's take is legit and logical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Re: Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye?? : AGC - what's the latest regular season record for the Rams?  Your famous x-coach said, "you are what your record says you are".  Until that changes, and the Rams will have their chance, that is what they are.  But really that was not my point.  First, I think the rams will still be one of the worst teams in the NFL and will struggle to win 4 games.  Buffalo is better.  The point was Russ suggested the poster was not being logical about the Bengals since they did not play well against a bad Buffalo team in the 3rd preseason game (a starters dress rehearsal).  Yet, by holding the pats to the same standard Russ used, the Pats played and lost to a worse team (IMO) that started a rookie QB on the road who controlled the clock the entire first half.  All of a sudden that other poster's take is legit and logical.
    Posted by underdoggggg

RUSS is delusional

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

We should get an idea after game 1 if the Pats are for real this year or not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Cincy is going to light you up.  Then we are going to beat you up : )  0-2 out of the blocks.  Gunna be a long year.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part skippy.  Still upset at the Pats for taking your team's lunch money all those years. huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Can we jump out to 4-0 at the bye?? : AGC - what's the latest regular season record for the Rams?  Your famous x-coach said, "you are what your record says you are".  Until that changes, and the Rams will have their chance, that is what they are.  But really that was not my point.  First, I think the rams will still be one of the worst teams in the NFL and will struggle to win 4 games.  Buffalo is better.  The point was Russ suggested the poster was not being logical about the Bengals since they did not play well against a bad Buffalo team in the 3rd preseason game (a starters dress rehearsal).  Yet, by holding the pats to the same standard Russ used, the Pats played and lost to a worse team (IMO) that started a rookie QB on the road who controlled the clock the entire first half.  All of a sudden that other poster's take is legit and logical.
    Posted by underdoggggg

More wishful thinking from the ultimate troll.  The Pats must have really SPANKED your team many times, your dislike of them is so strong.  You act like the jilted boyfriend.  Go out and get a girlfriend, take your mind off your frustrations , troll.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

very doable

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

We have a team that could and should do this. We are also playing teams that could and will give us trouble.....I will not be surprised with 4-0...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

i don't see why we can't start of 4-0. Our offense looks as good and the only reason we are seeing haters right now is because our young defense struggled  in one game yet no one recalls our games against the Falcons and Saints. I say we start 3-1 with our only loss being to the Bengals, by 3 and that is if Carson Palmer can pull a 300+ yard 3 td game and benson runs wild with 100+ yards.

I see a shootout week one, a shootout we might lose. I think we wreck the Jests week 2.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i don't see why we can't start of 4-0. Posted by GadisRKO

it would be great to go into bye 4-0. Three division games in 4 weeks, and a monday nighter at Miami. Gonna be fun to watch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

oh crap! We just lost Bodden for the year...

Cincinnati looks that much harder...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ray2424. Show ray2424's posts

Pats go 2-2 I think. Jets and Cincy will be a challenge for us so hopefully everything works out but I really doubt it.... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

4-0, the first problem for the Pats will be the Baltimore Ravens. =/

After them, a couple of tough wins until we face Indy, then we coast until we face GB. 

13-3 - 11-5 are my possible records. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If we are going to lose to any team in the first four games it won't be the Jets. It would probably be the Phins or Bengals. 

The Pats will sweep the Jets. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nope - can't see 4-0 to start season at the bye....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Pats looking toward the Jets - Bengals is a trap game - they lose - lose at New York - struggle with the Bills - squeak by the Phins - maybe.  Real good chance they start 1 and 3.  If the defense matures they do much better last 12 games - 11 and 1, maybe 12 and 0.  Make the play offs.  Hope they get a bye.....

Sections
Shortcuts