Can we just restate...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Can we just restate...

Brady + Moss still = unfair

theyve only played one year together, and did things that no other quarterback, reciever, or duo has ever done. while im pretty confident about our defensive improvments, if all else fails our offense will just be rediculous again. as long as brady stays healthy, everything will be fine with our offense. with a healthy moss by his side, we have nothing to worry about.  prepare to sit back and watch the show again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Can we just restate...

If Moss and Welker can have 200 receptions between them I don't see how many teams can stop this offense. Not to mention two new TEs to up the ante in camp competition. And Taylor instead of Jordan is an upgrade at veteran RB. I wasn't really worried about the offense, even with Cassel in there. I see no reason they can't put up 30 a game against almost anyone. I'm just hoping the changes in the defense are successful. We need healthy starters down the stretch, and guys who can make the big plays in January. I can't wait to see Mayo in postseason play. And hopefully guys like Chung are hitting their stride. As long as Brady is back he gives the team a chance to win every game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

the o line worries me
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

I know it does. It shouldn't though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Neal though really is our best offensive lineman.There was a notable difference in how this team performed after he came off PUP last season. The rate of sacks was cut in half. This was partially his addition to the team and that of Cassel gaining experience. If you watch him in a game, you notice that he wins almost every matchup he has in the passing the game and every matchup as a run blocker.

Kaczur is at worst a solid starting right tackle. Statistically, he probably had the best season of all the offensive linemen last season on this team. He didn't give up many sacks, consistently solid as pass defender, probably the team's best at that last season. As a run blocker, he led the way for 6 yards a carry and won his assignment far better than the average for starting right tackles, but the worst rate of the starters.

This idea of project player does not really mean much. The Pats didn't rely on Neal until he had plenty of NFL experience. He's certainly not a project right now. They aren't going to be relying on Vollmer for at least a year and until then we have three other solid backups competing for 1 or 2 other tackle spots. Further down the depth chart, Jermail Porter isn't going to make the team but will have a shot at the practice squad so we aren't relying on him. We'd be looking at him to make this team in a few years.

Any team would have troubles with Harrison and Williams. Those two are amongst the best in the game at what they do. Those are players you have to scheme against to beat. 1 on 1, there are maybe a handful of tackles that can stop Harrison and less than that who can handle Williams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

what did they do that no other qb receiver duo has never done?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

There has been a lot of talk about the O-line needing an upgrade. But I don't think the situation is as dire as a lot of people claim. Last season Cassel held onto the ball far too long, at least in the first half of the season. This improved vastly as he gained playing experience. As for having trouble with Harrison, they guy was the defensive player of the year! That means most O-linemen had trouble blocking him. And in SB 42 you do have to give most of the credit to the Giants defensive line. They were hands down the best unit down the stretch in 07. Add to that Brady's limited mobility due to the ankle sprain, not to mention the injury to Kevin Faulk, and it became an issue. But let's not forget, when the chips were down Brady still led the team down for a TD to take the lead with under 3 minutes left. Then the defense failed to stop them from driving the entire field. All in all, when your QB has 5000 passing yards and 50 TD passes, the O-line was evidently well above average. Yet a lot of people want to dump the whole unit and start over! Even Brady's injury was due not to the failing of the line, but a RB getting beat. I know we're all concerned with Brady staying healthy, but IMO this is a bit overblown.

And underdogg, how can you be so obtuse? Brady and Moss both set TD records (passing and receiving) with the same play! I've yet to see Manning throw so many TDs to one receiver (not to mention they did it without ever having played together before, and no work in the preseason). And on top of that, the #2 WR tied for the most receptions in the league! You make some intelligent posts here, yet when you act trollish like this you detract from your credibility!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Of the offense will be fine, and it will be the best Pats defense.  But the Pats still have depth issues at LB and I do expect those issues to be addressed before the start of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Unless BB isn't concerned with depth at LB. Maybe he believes in the guys he has now. We were all concerned about no backup QB last offseason, and it turned out well. 99% of the time 11 wins gets you to the playoffs. Although I, too, wouldn't be disappointed to see a veteran LB brought into the mix, maybe they don't really need one. I wouldn't expect to see any action there until the summer. After seeing the camps they may want to sign someone who's been cut. But I'd rather the younger guys step up and get some experience. They also have stockpiled picks for the next draft. There could be a prospect they like to put with Mayo whom they would trade up for. I'm pretty pleased with the depth on the roster right now. Training camp will show if they've sprung any leaks they need to plug. I can't wait for the summer to get on, so we can start seeing some real football again. This Favre saga and the reruns of "Top 10 Follies" and such on NFLN are driving me nuts!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

What drives me nuts about NFLN are the commercials - they're all about football.  It's bad enough I'm watching football reruns, can't they throw in some Geico commercials?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Unless BB isn't concerned with depth at LB. Maybe he believes in the guys he has now. We were all concerned about no backup QB last offseason, and it turned out well. 99% of the time 11 wins gets you to the playoffs. Although I, too, wouldn't be disappointed to see a veteran LB brought into the mix, maybe they don't really need one. I wouldn't expect to see any action there until the summer. After seeing the camps they may want to sign someone who's been cut. But I'd rather the younger guys step up and get some experience. They also have stockpiled picks for the next draft. There could be a prospect they like to put with Mayo whom they would trade up for. I'm pretty pleased with the depth on the roster right now. Training camp will show if they've sprung any leaks they need to plug. I can't wait for the summer to get on, so we can start seeing some real football again. This Favre saga and the reruns of "Top 10 Follies" and such on NFLN are driving me nuts!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Bub, word down here in florida is that the Pats were offering Jason more money, not much but better than the minimum.   I strongly believe the Pats had every intention on signing Jason, so their should be no question that BB will be looking to add depth at this position before the season begins.  Tedy B. cannot be expected to be an every down back or even last the season and the rookies are still unproven.  My guess is they will pickup some vets either through a trade or FA Pickup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

what did they do that no other qb receiver duo has never done?
    Posted by underdogg

um, 50 passing tds for brady and 23 recieving touchdowns for moss. never been done before, believe it or not

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Harley, I could not agree more.  The better Defenses in the league will shread our O-line.  This is the same group that got destroyed by the Giants in the Super Bowl and had Brady running for his life in 3 other late season games that same year.

Light - Can't stop anyone with speed.

Makins - Very Good.
    Koppen - Injury Prone, Not what he was.
    Neal - When he plays Very good but he's always injured and can't be relied on.
    Kaczur - Stinks,Revolving door. 

I don't see what others see that make them so confident that this line will be or is any good as currently constituted.
    Koppen and Neal are falling apart and Light and Kaczur sux.

Sections
Shortcuts