Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?

What is not being asked here is "Why is he not being targeted more like the other receivers?"
    Are we EXPECTING Ocho to have as many receptions as the other receivers?  I can understand any concern if he is being targeted as often as Gronk, Herny, Wes and simply keeps dropping the ball.  Knowing the receiver corps he was joining, primarily all returning from last season, who was he to supplant?  The Pats de-emphasized the long pass game, which one would think is Ocho's forte, and we expected them to go back to it?  Take note what happened in Cincy when TO showed up... Ocho lost some reception count to him, but, unlike in NE, he was the #1 go to guy.  The Pats spread it around to whoever.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He can't be a bust, they gave up a 5th rounder and pay him 1 mill this season. Thats the third most in the WR corps...

Branch gets the most, then Welker, then Ocho...

You get what you pay for.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can We Officially Say Ocho Looks Like A Major Bust? : To answer your question, do you really expect Ocho to be on the same level as Branch, Welker, Gronk and Hernandez? If so, why would you think that? Is there a guarantee Lloyd or a Price would be an upgrade?  Maybe.  Maybe not. I already said the money argument is a fair one.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Why would I not expect him to be at the same level as Branch?  Welker?  No.  Tight end and WR, though both can be receivers are really different positions, requiring different body types and skills, so that comparison doesn't work.  So back to Branch.  Both are veterans.  Both are good possession receivers, or should be.  Ocho has put up some very good numbers in seven seasons.  The argument, (not made by you), that the Bengal's offense was way simple just doesn't cut any ice with me.  The man has been in the league seven years, he knows what is expected of him.

If your point is that Branch knows Brady better my rejoinder would be that Brady is the best there is and wouldn't a receiver of Ocho's experience and knowledge want to work successfully with a quarter back of Brady's talents in a hurry, to prove his worth? Moss did and no I'm not campaigning for his return.

I said nothing about Lloyd BTW, I thought he would be way too pricey, so I think your confusing me with someone else. As for Price, I haven't seen enough of hiim in regular season games to form an opinion but I would like to see more.

I also did not say I wanted to replace him, as his money has been paid, so there's no savings to be had in cutting him or trading him. I said I was frustrated with his woeful lack of production thus far..  

Bottom line we did not bring him here for the production he has exhibited thus far.  I sincerely hope he starts producing in the very next game.  I really do. Why would I not want that? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]I just disagree. Mason was just traded, Burress has done little in NY, and it's for similar reasons, yet those guys are actually needed MORE for the Jets. Is there even a veteran WR on a new team doing well?  I seriously don't think there is. Ocho also had some big, chain moving catches the last couple weeks. Why is that Hernandez can play poorly, dropping TD passes, fumbling constantly, etc, and he's not more of the focus? He's had a full year in the system. I expect him to be improved from last year. Same with Gronk.  And with Welker 100%, him too. When you play for one team and then come into a complex, deep system like this, it doesn't matter if you're a seasoned pro or not, you're still new to it. I am not going to argue back and forth on it. He's paid a lot and if Price is deemed a better optioin in practice, then he's gone.  Whatever is best for the team. 

What?  Now Gronk and Hernandez are fumbling and dropping passes?  Yes that's true, they have but they also catch a bunch as well and more than Ocho to date.  What are you Ocho's brother?  If this guy was playing for the YETS and had nine catches in six games for One Hundred and Ninety Six yards, what would you be saying then?  I think we all know what you would say. 

Come on King, many here don't want to see him go, they want to see him perform as advertised.  That is certainly what I want, there is no percentage in just being against the guy for the sake of being against him for some stupid reason like he uses twitter or something.  I want to see what we have all heard about and seen over the years.  As fans we should all want that and so should you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im am not saying anything about the future of Chad, but consider this. This was the first game I think he didnt have a catch and the one attempt looked like it was a broken play, IMO

Last week I saw on his facebook that he posted a pic of the # Pats SB rings and said "if you like my new avater hit like"  well what happened is it blew up in his face, and he had 800!!! comments on it and 90% were negative. I know this cant help his confidence. Folks were saying things like "you aint never gonna get one"
    "why are posting what u dont have"  "you are a bum"  "I like A.J. green" "get a life"  "get in ur playbook" just about every bad thing that could be said.

BTW, the facebooks is real, he has many genuine photo's of himself, at home, w g/f, etc and about 800 pics in all.

I thought it was bad time being spent and counter productive even if it doesnt bother him he is probably reading it...but I cant say for sure...I even tried to start a thread with a pic of the comments but BDC kept saying something was offensive but it wasnt.

anyway this was friday and on the way home on the radio I heard he was having twitter fights w/fan on his twitter account.  Responding to heckling fans by saying  E ff you and even commenting on a ladies tattoo after she said "must be akward, you getting paid and not doing your job"
    OUCH!!!

this is why I think all of this may have affected him in the game and why he may be on the way out....but I love the guy and root for him but I was always cautious because of distractions like these and him being sort of misunderstood and fragile mentally ala Randy Moss.

Im afraid its done!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

It's undeniable that Ocho hasn't lived up to the modest expectations of most of us, but if he's still on the team it's because BB and TB want him there. So he gets a pass from me in the hopes that we'll see better down the line. I'm all for locker room harmony.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I just wanted to say i told you so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]What rookie WRs are putting up solid numbers at WR? What's Julie Jones done? Catch 20 balls as a #1 and pull a hammy?  I am all for doing what helps the Pats win games, but we saw Branch not targeted in Buffalo, a similar game to oyesterday where NE ignored the run and it allowed Dallas to to tee off on Brady and to combat what the Pats were trying to do on offense. It's not a secrat that #85 looks better, as does any of the WRs or TEs, when we actually keep running the ball. Ocho is like Stallworth, a last option, except I think Ocho is far superior route runner in this offense.  At best he needs to be a Gaffney in November of 2006 if you are being fair. Is Price an upgrade? Maybe. Hard to tell since no one sees practices. Go check Gaffney's numbers that that time.  The only argument is money. So, if the money is the issue and they don't want to wait, so be it. This team has 4 other weapons who are superior players than that of #85 and the mid field throws are more attractive. Frankly, I am a lot more tired of watching Brady in the shotgun bouncing up and down wanting 10 seconds on every snap to thread the needle down the  middle of the field. He barely looks down the flanks much anymore. He just stares down Gronk or Welker in games where teams only have to worry about the pass. How about the Sean Lee INT?  Brady took forever, didn't throw it away and then lobbed a wounded duck into a crowd of 5 Cowboys defenders.   Explain that horrendous decision. What does that have to do with Ochocinco? Brady still looks like he's spoiled with the core group of WRs here and expects a perfect plane to deliver the ball. And the running thing is clearly still an issue for our sputtering offense that apparently thinks it can get away without running it. The only difference between last years's Cleveland game and this one is our D was outstanding, bailing out the offense. Blame starts with O'Brien and Brady for not doing a better job over 4 qtrs as it has every other week fans look to scapegoat #85. If it's not Haynesworth, it's #85.
    Using the term "sputtering offense" just invalidated this whole post.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]He can't be a bust, they gave up a 5th rounder and pay him 1 mill this season. Thats the third most in the WR corps... Branch gets the most, then Welker, then Ocho... You get what you pay for.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Counting his signing bonus, he is getting paid $6M guaranteed this year.  He is the highest paid receiver on the team....this year.

Therein lies the problem.  If he came in for the vet minimum nobody would be complaining about his numbers.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]Only to fans. The team is not asking him to be anything but the 4th or 5th option and when they do go his way he makes the catch. The only issue is he is being paid to be a 1 or a 2 and he is a 4 or a 5 but for what they are asking of him no he has not been a bust. If they were asking him to be the #1 WR and he was looking this bad then yea but for a 4th or 5th WR? He looks fine. I mean seriously what do you have to complain about? Have you seen this offense? They are sick and that is with out help from Chad so who cares? He is not hindering the offense in any way so again who cares?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

He was brought in to be a number 3, And hes being paid as a number 1(on our team at least) It's a ridiculous amount of money for 1-2 catches a game. And not long TD catches, we are talking short 8-15 yard slants. Ocho isnt a threat. Its wasted money at this point, money which should be saved next year and given to welker and lawfirm.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Chad is making what Mike Thomas just got per year.  You know "touchdown Mike Thomas!!!"

All he had on his resume was the game winning hail mary catch that we watched all offseason on NFL network.

He is a pretty decent up and coming player who had 66 catches last year w/4 td's

and he just signed a 6/18mill deal with 12 garaunteed I think.

If Ocho doesnt atleast get 35-40 catches than I think it was a waste.

They def. could have used it elsewhere. If they wanna sign Wes, they gonna need to back up the Brinks truck. If M.Thomas can get 12 mill garaunteed, what you think Wes is asking for after he goes for 128 catches for 1538 yards and 8 td's !?!?!

and thats being modest with the predictions

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Time will tell

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts