Can we PLEASE Clear up this Misconception...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Can we PLEASE Clear up this Misconception...

In response to jam757's comment:

sorry my friend, the 2007 team was so f'n stacked it was rediculous! Yes, the offense faltered down the stretch but that team had a brutal defense as well. The O line and crappy gameplan were most repsonsible for the Super Bowl loss. Look at these scores which will NEVER again be matched by any team. I for one am still incredibly proud of this team:

09/09/2007 @ New York Jets W, 38-14 1-0-0 77,900 09/16/2007 San Diego Chargers W, 38-14 2-0-0 68,756 09/23/2007 Buffalo Bills W, 38-7 3-0-0 68,756 10/01/2007 (Mon.) @ Cincinnati Bengals W, 34-13 4-0-0 66,113 10/07/2007 Cleveland Browns W, 34-17 5-0-0 68,756 10/14/2007 @ Dallas Cowboys W, 48-27 6-0-0 63,984 10/21/2007 @ Miami Dolphins W, 49-28 7-0-0 71,951 10/28/2007 Washington Redskins W, 52-7 8-0-0 68,756 11/04/2007 @ Indianapolis Colts W, 24-20 9-0-0 57,540 11/18/2007 @ Buffalo Bills W, 56-10 10-0-0 71,338 11/25/2007 Philadelphia Eagles W, 31-28 11-0-0 68,756 12/03/2007 (Mon.) @ Baltimore Ravens W, 27-24 12-0-0 71,382 12/09/2007 Pittsburgh Steelers W, 34-13 13-0-0 68,756 12/16/2007 New York Jets W, 20-10 14-0-0 68,756 12/23/2007 Miami Dolphins W, 28-7 15-0-0 68,756 12/29/2007 (Sat.) @ New York Giants W, 38-35 16-0-0 79,110

Paper CHAMPS!!!  Who else besided Moss and Brady are gonna go the Hall of Fame legitly??  Stallworth wasnt even resigned for a 2nd year yet here we are bringing back Branch 2 years ago...Keep fooling yourselves.  Watson is a GOOD TE now??? Nobody here ever said it but now he is?  Like I said, take out Moss and Brady and what u got left. What if that team had an injury to Moss or Wes that year???  LOL, Who were the backups??  I'll take Troy Brown and Patten as my 3rd and 4th ALL DAY ....Becasue THEY WERE CLUTCH. Remember Pattens game winning catch vs Buffalo that he caught laying down down on the sidelines after being knocked out??  Name me someone who could do that on the 07 team? Moss is a REG. SEASON wonder.... I guess you all got the 16-0 banner hanging up in your rooms too huh?   Wow...      Let me know when Randy shows up in a postseason game...LOL!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

how does removimg Welker from the equation help this team??!! Yes, they need another big physical receiver and a deep threat, we all know that. If Welker will be reasonable and the Pats make a fair offer it would be GREAT to see him come back! If Brady is staring down Welker than that is a Brady problem.

Was wes here when we won 3 SB's???   Why do people think the world WILL END once Wes Welker leaves???  Wow the guy is a SLOT WR with Bloated stats DUE to NO DEPTH ON THE TEAM FOR 5 YEARS!  The most money Troy Brown EVER got was 2.5 million and he did it all. Clutch, punt returns in AFCCG. Game sealing catches. Playing defense, picking  Manning all for 2.5 but if we dont pay Wes 11 million to drop clutch passes, we are DONE???  Wow...you guys really are brainwashed by this offense. What will we ever do without wes..lol

The first down machine is always at the sticks. Not hard to defend. We NEED WRs who can CHALLENGE EVERY part of the field and STRESS a defense. We HAD that then, we dont now. Simple!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

If the Pats won in 2007 this isn't even an argument.

Just because one group won the Super Bowl doesn't make it better than the non super bowl teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The exact reason i think we need to let welker go. Brady is Too complacant(sp) To just stare down welker and not even look at his other options. We need to get brady back on his heels, Make him play like the Guy who won 3 super bowls in 4 years again.

Whose fault is that? You're blaming WW because he gets open.

This is one of two, if not both peoples fault:

1. Brady. He can still look to other receivers. If Brady is at great as we think he is, this shouldn't be that hard for him.

2. OC. Design more plays intended for other targets.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Another brilliant moment in Rusty history...Edelman=Givens. I love it!

Watch out Edelman because as soon as Rusty falls in love with you two things are going to happen...you are going to stink up the joint...and then you're going to get cut and never be heard from again. It's kind of sad. Hopefully Rusty doesn't fall in love with Armond Armstead - that would be a bummer. He already ruined Chung's career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

But, Brady demanded an upgrade after 2006 and he got it,

Do you just make this mindless BS up junior, or are "the voices" telling you these things?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Brady Stares down Welker ALL the time. ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!!! Just because Brady Didnt throw an a55 ton of INT's doesnt mean he doesnt stare down welker. 

[QUOTE]You literally know nothing about the NFL if you believe this.  You cannot stare down receivers regularly and not throw INTs at this level.  Please stop.[QUOTE]

There's a reason why when Welker produces for catches and yards in a game, we lose against good Ds.

This is the problem. When you target the same two guys over and over, whether it be Welker nad Gronk, Welker and Moss (2009), Welker and Hernandez or Gronk and Hernandez, the field shrinks.

It's why Welker won't be getting 10 mil per year unless some dumb team does it. 

If I am QB, I would much rather have a wider field to work with than a deeper one, but we rarely see Brady look to hit his perimeter guys during games.  He's more into the easy slants where Branch and Lloyd are diving and covering up for 7 yards.

It can't be the same excuses all the time "He can't get separation, "He doesn't know the system", "He can't get deep", etc.

They're all myths.  It's the skills of the players, how they're used in a game and the less he targets a Lloyd or a Branch early in games, the easier it is for a D to defend it.

If you throw out a run game, your perimtere targets, why wouldn't it be?  Welker is an extension of the run game for crying out loud.

This is WHY people tell you to learn the game Crusty!!!  What else Choice Does brady have??  I havent seen Branch or LLoyd SEPERATE ALL SEASON and you are sitting here wondering WHY Brady prefers to ONLY throw to 2 guys over the middle???  Wow,,,,you are sooooo football knowledgeably challenged that I had to make up that word just to prove my point.,....and now your minions are playing dumb too...    branch and seperation dont even go together......  Its like oil and water!  Learn the GAME!

Lloyd had plenty of seperation just like he did in the opener slowing down, waiting for a Brady high lob, deep. lol

You will cling to that one play like you cling to one play from every game to try and make your points junior. You are a one play pony. And Lloyd blew the play by slowing down. LMAO@U

Lloyd looks like he has the DB attached to him with velcro for most all this season. I truly cannot recall a receiver who had so little separation in virtually every camera shot of him over a season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why are you contradicting yourself?   Wes is still  more talented than Troy Brown in the slot role.

More evidence (as if we needed any) that you don't know the game junior.

Brown was much more the complete receiver that Wes is.

Welker is a one trick pony. He uses extreme quickness to get catches on 6-8 yard dink and dunk passes and then turns that same shifty quickness into 4-5 yac. That's it. Other than that gimmick he is a small target below average WR. It is a hell of a gimmick though.

Brown was much more effective in all roles other than that quickie stuff.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Watch out Edelman because as soon as Rusty falls in love with you two things are going to happen...you are going to stink up the joint...and then you're going to get cut and never be heard from again. It's kind of sad. Hopefully Rusty doesn't fall in love with Armond Armstead - that would be a bummer. He already ruined Chung's career.

Gotta love it. Low IQ and reading comprehension from Hurlie leads him to think that I said Edelman = Givens. LOL

Both are good blockers.  Each are 7th rd picks. I'd like to see Edelman get the reps like Givens got. 

At least Brady looked to the perimeter during games in that era.

I love it! This is what you said...

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank. Givens was a good blocker. He was a good receiver, but you act like he was a star? Please. What about even Hernandez being more of a flanker easily on Given's talent level? What's the problem?

So a guy (Edelman) can/could be just as effective as Givens? Well then why hasn't he? He has played as long as Givens in NE. He is playing out there on the field - Brady seems to like him - hell Edelman even had the same wicked cool hair cut as Tom for a year! How about this? Edelman always gets hurt. Always. Edelman has only had 4 passes in his entire career that he has caught that has traveled (through the air) over 13 yards. He has had more drops than Givens has had in his entire career...all ready!!

And the part about starting Hernandez as a flanker, because he "easily" is on Givens talent level is hillarious! They are nothing alike! One is a h-back, the other was an outside reciever. Yeah let's make some more wildly obnoxious assumptions - I mean, why stop there? Maybe Mallet can fill in for Hernandez at h-back, "easily".  LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Armstead ruined Chung's career? Wow.  You really have some issues or you don't know how to form sentences correctly. Too much cake batter on the keyboard, Hurlie?

I don't recall falling in love with Chung either.  Me telling you inbreds to let the guy play before wanting him to be Rodney Harrison overnight as a 2nd rd pick, is a long way from "I love Pat Chung's play".

You're a terrible liar, which must be a real problem for you in real life.  Liars are losers.

Preheat that oven, Cupcake!

You are the king liar junior.

We all remember you championing Chung, crying about how good the D would be when he got back from his many injuries because he was so essential.

Truly I cannot recall any 3 posters put together on any board in my life that were as wrong as you are.

You are so wrong, so often, that if one were to say the exact opposite of what you say every time they would be one of the brightest posters around.

Face it junior. You absolutely totally suck at football analysis and have been wrong about almost everything you have ever said. That's amazing.... in a bad way.

You are without a doubt the worst football mind I have ever encountered anywhere, anytime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Why are you contradicting yourself?   Wes is still  more talented than Troy Brown in the slot role.

Welker is a one trick pony. He uses extreme quickness to get catches on 6-8 yard dink and dunk passes and then turns that same shifty quickness into 4-5 yac. That's it. Other than that gimmick he is a small target below average WR. It is a hell of a gimmick though.

So, now, Welker is a "gimmick"? He's only made Brady's job pretty easy the last 5 years!

Right junior. Welker's gimmick is quite formidable. You don't catch 100+ balls for years in a row if you're not doing something right. But if they take away the gimmick his other skills are not nearly as formidable.

This is why defenses can concentrate so much on the middle of the field on us. Welker isn't much of a sideline or deep threat. Lloyd is easily covered by one guy and virtually every throw to him is an adventure with the defender in his shirt. And Gronk is a TE so his game is mostly up the middle.

This all works great against crappy teams. But aginst the big boys it's much more marginal. Learn the game dumbkoff.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't recall falling in love with Chung either.  Me telling you inbreds to let the guy play before wanting him to be Rodney Harrison overnight as a 2nd rd pick, is a long way from "I love Pat Chung's play".

You're a terrible liar, which must be a real problem for you in real life.  Liars are losers.

Preheat that oven, Cupcake!

You are the king liar junior.

We all remember you championing Chung, crying about how good the D would be when he got back from his many injuries because he was so essential.

Truly I cannot recall any 3 posters put together on any board in my life that were as wrong as you are.

You are so wrong, so often, that if one were to say the exact opposite of what you say every time they would be one of the brightest posters around.

Face it junior. You absolutely totally suck at football analysis and have been wrong about almost everything you have ever said. That's amazing.... in a bad way.

You are without a doubt the worst football mind I have ever encountered anywhere, anytime.

This is hilarious!

I can recall rusty running around here defending Chung at every turn. Chung misses a tackle...here comes rusty!! No he didn't, what do you expect? The guy to make tackles? Chung takes a horrendous angle and looks like a lost division three nobody running around in the secondary...here comes rusty!! What do you expect? Chung is a "in the box safety"...Belichick is just using him wrong. If you put Chung in the box he is the enforcer we need - I mean yeah he's too small, gets hurt and can't match up physically with half the poeple he'd meet in the box, but you're all spoiled. Hey didn't you all see him shut down Antonio Gates all by himself...Gates did nothing and it was basically Chung all alone on him...Belichick trusts him...the warning were out people! Two days later it was learned Gates had a knee injury and was running around on one leg...he wouldn't play for the next 6 weeks.

So Rust, when exactly did you turn on Chung? Was when he spent another year injured and ineffective? Was it when he continued to NOT improve in pass defense? Was it his lack of size and physicality? Or was it when it was reported that he had checked out and quit on his teammates when Belichick put him where he belonged...on the bench.

Oh do tell Rusty...do tell! I can't wait to hear your football expertise again! LMAO!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Gotta love it. Low IQ and reading comprehension from Hurlie leads him to think that I said Edelman = Givens. LOL

Both are good blockers.  Each are 7th rd picks. I'd like to see Edelman get the reps like Givens got. 

At least Brady looked to the perimeter during games in that era.

I love it! This is what you said...

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank. Givens was a good blocker. He was a good receiver, but you act like he was a star? Please. What about even Hernandez being more of a flanker easily on Given's talent level? What's the problem?

So a guy (Edelman) can/could be just as effective as Givens? Well then why hasn't he? He has played as long as Givens in NE. He is playing out there on the field - Brady seems to like him - hell Edelman even had the same wicked cool hair cut as Tom for a year! How about this? Edelman always gets hurt. Always. Edelman has only had 4 passes in his entire career that he has caught that has traveled (through the air) over 13 yards. He has had more drops than Givens has had in his entire career...all ready!!

And the part about starting Hernandez as a flanker, because he "easily" is on Givens talent level is hillarious! They are nothing alike! One is a h-back, the other was an outside reciever. Yeah let's make some more wildly obnoxious assumptions - I mean, why stop there? Maybe Mallet can fill in for Hernandez at h-back, "easily".  LOL!

Hey Rusty liar! When are you going to respond to your latest lie?

Those are your words/latest show of stupidity. Givens=Edelman

Does it get embarrassing though? You know, being you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If I remember 2007 correctly it was mainly Brady to Moss early then later a lot of Brady forcing it to Moss and finally teams taking away Moss and Brady getting killed (see Eagles Game).

So I have to dissagree with those who think the team was stacked.  We had no running game, thump Watson at TE, Stallworth who was in Brady's no throw zone and Welker over the middel.

Stacked my azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, now, Welker is a "gimmick"? He's only made Brady's job pretty easy the last 5 years!

Right junior. Welker's gimmick is quite formidable. You don't catch 100+ balls for years in a row if you're not doing something right. But if they take away the gimmick his other skills are not nearly as formidable.

This is why defenses can concentrate so much on the middle of the field on us. Welker isn't much of a sideline or deep threat. Lloyd is easily covered by one guy and virtually every throw to him is an adventure with the defender in his shirt. And Gronk is a TE so his game is mostly up the middle.

This all works great against crappy teams. But aginst the big boys it's much more marginal. Learn the game dumbkoff.

So you praise Brady's stats every year all year, telling us about his QBR, etc, most of that tied to Welker himself, and you're lecturing me about what kind defenses it works against?

Could you be anymore of a hypocrite?

How is that hypocritical junior? Of course we all praise good production. But all of us with a clue know that production against poor teams does not translate into production against the best teams.

For two years now I have complained here about all the drops and poor running in the tough games.