Can we PLEASE Clear up this Misconception...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Can we PLEASE Clear up this Misconception...

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't recall falling in love with Chung either.  Me telling you inbreds to let the guy play before wanting him to be Rodney Harrison overnight as a 2nd rd pick, is a long way from "I love Pat Chung's play".

You're a terrible liar, which must be a real problem for you in real life.  Liars are losers.

Preheat that oven, Cupcake!

You are the king liar junior.

We all remember you championing Chung, crying about how good the D would be when he got back from his many injuries because he was so essential.

Truly I cannot recall any 3 posters put together on any board in my life that were as wrong as you are.

You are so wrong, so often, that if one were to say the exact opposite of what you say every time they would be one of the brightest posters around.

Face it junior. You absolutely totally suck at football analysis and have been wrong about almost everything you have ever said. That's amazing.... in a bad way.

You are without a doubt the worst football mind I have ever encountered anywhere, anytime.

This is hilarious!

I can recall rusty running around here defending Chung at every turn. Chung misses a tackle...here comes rusty!! No he didn't, what do you expect? The guy to make tackles? Chung takes a horrendous angle and looks like a lost division three nobody running around in the secondary...here comes rusty!! What do you expect? Chung is a "in the box safety"...Belichick is just using him wrong. If you put Chung in the box he is the enforcer we need - I mean yeah he's too small, gets hurt and can't match up physically with half the poeple he'd meet in the box, but you're all spoiled. Hey didn't you all see him shut down Antonio Gates all by himself...Gates did nothing and it was basically Chung all alone on him...Belichick trusts him...the warning were out people! Two days later it was learned Gates had a knee injury and was running around on one leg...he wouldn't play for the next 6 weeks.

So Rust, when exactly did you turn on Chung? Was when he spent another year injured and ineffective? Was it when he continued to NOT improve in pass defense? Was it his lack of size and physicality? Or was it when it was reported that he had checked out and quit on his teammates when Belichick put him where he belonged...on the bench.

Oh do tell Rusty...do tell! I can't wait to hear your football expertise again! LMAO!

LOL

Check out the SB 46 thread. I just watch Chung decapitate Nicks on a sideline play holding the Giants to their second FG in last year's SB.   Great play.  Too Brady couldn't make one.

Maybe if Brady didn't underperform again, Chung would have been in the Lombardi club going into this season? 

God forbid Chung plays well in 2010, played well in 2011 (when on the field), and I said into 2012 "Let's see what he does in 2012 before continuting to hammer Chung".

Funny how you do that on a thread that nails the problems with how Brady wants to run his offense why our own team wasn't back in the SB this year. How convenient.

You must have an alarm that goes off that makes you run from the kitchen to your computer away from those cupcakes to discover new ways to deflect from Brady's regression as a QB.

Junior playing the fool again. Chung is likely a cut very soon junior. Another wasted high draft pick from our "greatest of all-time" GM. LMAO@U

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't recall falling in love with Chung either.  Me telling you inbreds to let the guy play before wanting him to be Rodney Harrison overnight as a 2nd rd pick, is a long way from "I love Pat Chung's play".

You're a terrible liar, which must be a real problem for you in real life.  Liars are losers.

We all remember you championing Chung, crying about how good the D would be when he got back from his many injuries because he was so essential.

Truly I cannot recall any 3 posters put together on any board in my life that were as wrong as you are.

You are so wrong, so often, that if one were to say the exact opposite of what you say every time they would be one of the brightest posters around.

Face it junior. You absolutely totally suck at football analysis and have been wrong about almost everything you have ever said. That's amazing.... in a bad way.

You are without a doubt the worst football mind I have ever encountered anywhere, anytime.

This is hilarious!

I can recall rusty running around here defending Chung at every turn. Chung misses a tackle...here comes rusty!! No he didn't, what do you expect? The guy to make tackles? Chung takes a horrendous angle and looks like a lost division three nobody running around in the secondary...here comes rusty!! What do you expect? Chung is a "in the box safety"...Belichick is just using him wrong. If you put Chung in the box he is the enforcer we need - I mean yeah he's too small, gets hurt and can't match up physically with half the poeple he'd meet in the box, but you're all spoiled. Hey didn't you all see him shut down Antonio Gates all by himself...Gates did nothing and it was basically Chung all alone on him...Belichick trusts him...the warning were out people! Two days later it was learned Gates had a knee injury and was running around on one leg...he wouldn't play for the next 6 weeks.

So Rust, when exactly did you turn on Chung? Was when he spent another year injured and ineffective? Was it when he continued to NOT improve in pass defense? Was it his lack of size and physicality? Or was it when it was reported that he had checked out and quit on his teammates when Belichick put him where he belonged...on the bench.

Oh do tell Rusty...do tell! I can't wait to hear your football expertise again! LMAO!

It's the same thing he always does. Remember he claimed Meriweather was the 2nd best safety in the AFC? Once BB cut the stiff after his rookie contract junior denied it all.

Same old lying SOS he has always been.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

IN 2003, this TEAM WAS STACKED! 2007 aint SHIT compared to these guys... Rusty point to Givens being a 7th round pic and I say "so what" did he perform in the SB and in the Clutch or NOT??  He WAS PHYSICAL and worked ALL parts of the field

Deion Branch played in 15 games and led the team in Catches that year with 57!!! and 3 TD's  (Surely we need a 100 catch WR to win it all right???)

Kevin Faulk played in 15 games and was 2nd on the team with 48 catches

Troy Brown played in 12 games and had 38 catches and 4 TD's in a year that he started to be phased out due to younger players like Branch and Givens. Also was injured that year.

Daniel Graham played in 14 games and had 38 catches and 4 TD's while mainly being a run blocker and catching balls from playaction.

David Givens played in 13 games and had 34 catches and 6 TD's in a limited role before becoming full time starter in 04'. This is something we dont allow anymore. Raw WR's to develop in 2 years like David did, who came in as a RB and was playing CB one preseason to making plays in the SB. Now we just cut guys after a year if we dont like them. He had 56 catches the following year.

Christian Furia played in 16 games and had 28 catches and 2 TDs after totaling 7 the year before.

David Patten  played in only 6 games that year due to injury and had only 9 catches. The following year  he bounced back and had 44 catches for 800 yards and 7 TD's. This was our deep threat wether some care to admit or not. More reliable than Moss.

Bethel Johnson played in 15 games and had only 9 catches but made a BIG splash on s/t, returning 2 kicks for TDs and making a game sealing deep catch vs Seattle that year. (weiss as his best)

Dedric Ward picked up late in the year played in 4 games and managed 7 catches and a TD.

JJ Stokes  played in 2 games and caught 2 catches.

Larry Centers played in 9 games and had 19 catches and a TD.

So What I see is a very well rounded, talented team that spread the ball. I didnt see any 100 catch WRs. NO 1500 yard rushers. Just a game manager, handing off, passing to open guys and playing with a solid, aggressive defense that was full of playmakers who made plays in the clutch. So not only are our defenses worse than years past, Brady has had less to work with too. Guys just see Moss and Welker and their numbers but WHO was after them???  NOONE!  Glad I could clear that up. Anyone care to post the totals from 07 or this past year???  lol

Just a reminder. This years 3rd and 4th WRs were Slater and Aiken!!!  Lol and Edleman was the starter in week 1......  Wow...  You guys are funny!  Always making up stuff to support agendas and let you guys tell it, our offense wont even MOVE without Wes here....Bwaah-haaaaa-haaaa (evil count dracula voice)

You are capable of post ing good stuff on this board but this is perhaps one of the most ridiculous posts on these boards, ever.

Tell me where any of those receivers from 2003 had any success outside of NWE. People outside of NWe would not even know who those are. Yes, even Troy Brown. Branch is known in Seattle... as a big bust. Fauria? I don't even remember where he went.

The 2007 cast:

Moss is a HoF receiver. He may not be the greates but is one of top 5 receivers. Every NFL fan knows Moss and it's not just becasue of his attitude. He's known for what he did on the field. 

Welker may not get in the HoF but he has HoF numbers. 

Stallworth had a better career before coming to NWE than anyone of the 2003 receivers had outside of NWE.

Gaffney had a better post-Patriots career than any of the 2003 receivers had outside of NWE.

Caldwell... well he ahd bigger eyes than any 2003 WR.

Heck ask any die hard NFL fan (it does not matter of what team), and they can tell you who were  the WRs on that team. Ask them to tell you who the WRs were in 2003. They may remember Brown if they were an OAK fan, or Branch maybe. Otherwise, I'd doubt they will even name one.

Everyone in that 2003 team was a mid-level guy who would not even be a #2 option outside of NWE. None of them I believe craacked being a #3. 

If you truly believe what you just wrote, nobody can help you. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Maybe what you mean to say is that you don't have to have an "all star" cast to win championships.

The olde Patriots made some timely plays, the offense was much simpler, they played with heart/hunger.

The new Patriots are automotons. They're very good at what they do - but it's just going thru the motions for some of these players - and lack hunger/emotion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

While the 2007 offense was not as stacked as people think Watson (stinks), Maroney (terrible), Welker (great but a slot), Moss (all world), and a few role players, it was probably better on the whole than 2003. 2004 closer call, Dillon was elite, Branch, in his prime. They had to run more, because they didn't have the passing options, but it didn't matter. 

This current offense has an overrated group of talent too. 

Neither 2007 nor 2012/11/10 have an offensive line that is as good as those old clubs either. 

Then ... well it's closer than it appears on paper. 

Defense .. ugh... even more distant than I would like to admit. There is just no comparison. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

That the weapons Brady had back in his SB winning years were inferior to all the teams that have played since 2007???

I mean it gets so sickening listen to ignorant fans say "Brady didnt have any weapons then, Where was the # 1, there wasnt any deep threat,etc.  SHUT IT!!!!  Let me just focus on the 03' season where we got contributions from everywhere . Guys got hurt, others stepped up. The Ball was SPREAD around and we Absolutely had players to attack every part of the field. We had a Bruising RB in A.Smith, complimented by a Fb who could catch(centers) and a change of pace back who was clutch and could also catch out of backfield. Contrast that now to a one dimensional Slot player who cant outrun anyone or get deep and has linebackers covering him in Wes. A nice, big TE who is always hurt at the end of the year and a # WR in Lloyd who ONLY works the sideline and isnt clutch and a hybrid WR/TE in Hernandez who is always hurt and just started drinking legally...Not EVEN CLOSE! 

IN 2003, this TEAM WAS STACKED! 2007 aint SHIT compared to these guys... Rusty point to Givens being a 7th round pic and I say "so what" did he perform in the SB and in the Clutch or NOT??  He WAS PHYSICAL and worked ALL parts of the field

Deion Branch played in 15 games and led the team in Catches that year with 57!!! and 3 TD's  (Surely we need a 100 catch WR to win it all right???)

Troy Brown played in 12 games and had 38 catches and 4 TD's in a year that he started to be phased out due to younger players like Branch and Givens. Also was injured that year.

Daniel Graham played in 14 games and had 38 catches and 4 TD's while mainly being a run blocker and catching balls from playaction.

David Givens played in 13 games and had 34 catches and 6 TD's in a limited role before becoming full time starter in 04'. This is something we dont allow anymore. Raw WR's to develop in 2 years like David did, who came in as a RB and was playing CB one preseason to making plays in the SB. Now we just cut guys after a year if we dont like them. He had 56 catches the following year.

Christian Furia played in 16 games and had 28 catches and 2 TDs after totaling 7 the year before.

David Patten  played in only 6 games that year due to injury and had only 9 catches. The following year  he bounced back and had 44 catches for 800 yards and 7 TD's. This was our deep threat wether some care to admit or not. More reliable than Moss.

Bethel Johnson played in 15 games and had only 9 catches but made a BIG splash on s/t, returning 2 kicks for TDs and making a game sealing deep catch vs Seattle that year. (weiss as his best)

Dedric Ward picked up late in the year played in 4 games and managed 7 catches and a TD.

So What I see is a very well rounded, talented team that spread the ball. I didnt see any 100 catch WRs. NO 1500 yard rushers. Just a game manager, handing off, passing to open guys and playing with a solid, aggressive defense that was full of playmakers who made plays in the clutch. So not only are our defenses worse than years past, Brady has had less to work with too. Guys just see Moss and Welker and their numbers but WHO was after them???  NOONE!  Glad I could clear that up. Anyone care to post the totals from 07 or this past year???  lol

Just a reminder. This years 3rd and 4th WRs were Slater and Aiken!!!  Lol and Edleman was the starter in week 1......  Wow...  You guys are funny!  Always making up stuff to support agendas and let you guys tell it, our offense wont even MOVE without Wes here....Bwaah-haaaaa-haaaa (evil count dracula voice)

+ a great Defense

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is hilarious!

LOL

I love how me saying this: a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank

And somehow in Hurlie's small brain that equates to the world "equal to". Absolutely priceless.

Cannot be made up. Can't be.  We have a moron who clearly did not grduate high school looking for any way in to help defend his virtual lover, Tom Brady.

Check out the SB 46 thread. I just watch Chung decapitate Nicks on a sideline play holding the Giants to their second FG in last year's SB.   Great play.  Too Brady couldn't make one.  He's too busy moping on the sideline after coming out soft taking a Safety and ticked off for throwing the worst INT of his career so irresponsibly to a one legged TE.

Maybe if Brady didn't underperform again, Chung would have been in the Lombardi club going into this season? 

God forbid Chung plays well in 2010, played well in 2011 (when on the field), and I said into 2012 "Let's see what he does in 2012 before continuting to hammer Chung".

Funny how you do that on a thread that nails the problems with how Brady wants to run his offense why our own team wasn't back in the SB this year. How convenient.

You must have an alarm that goes off that makes you run from the kitchen to your computer away from those cupcakes to discover new ways to deflect from Brady's regression as a QB.

Hey dumbo, here is the part you left out!

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank. Givens was a good blocker. He was a good receiver, but you act like he was a star? Please. What about even Hernandez being more of a flanker easily on Given's talent level? What's the problem?

I guess you're not aware of facts?? I really don't care if you put "could" and that's a fact! The fact is, the point is made by you. And I feel bad for Edelman (fact)...he just got the Rusty curse!

The Rusty Curse...almost as scary as "salary cap hell!!!". It's actual and factual.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

While the 2007 offense was not as stacked as people think Watson (stinks), Maroney (terrible), Welker (great but a slot), Moss (all world), and a few role players, it was probably better on the whole than 2003. 2004 closer call, Dillon was elite, Branch, in his prime. They had to run more, because they didn't have the passing options, but it didn't matter. 

This current offense has an overrated group of talent too. 

Neither 2007 nor 2012/11/10 have an offensive line that is as good as those old clubs either. 

Then ... well it's closer than it appears on paper. 

Defense .. ugh... even more distant than I would like to admit. There is just no comparison. 

You have mental illness.

I'm sorry, are you trying to sound like Shannon Sharpe?

You have A mental illness. Got it Shannon?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

This is hilarious!

forget Chung, Hurl-remember u have Devin McCourty, better than Revis according to Russ

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The teams in 2003 and 2004 had great defenses that gave up less than 20 points per game.  2003 probably had the best defense.  2004's defense was maybe a little less good than 2003's, but the offense on that team was one of the Pats' best with Dillon at his peak and Branch, Givens, Patton, Brown, Faulk, Graham, and Fauria all contributing.  Starting in 2005, both the offense and defense began to drop off.  Since that time, the offense has often been very good (sometimes even better than the 2004 offense), but the defense has never gotten back to 2004 levels. Since 2004, the Pats just haven't had as complete a team as they had in 2004.  They've done fabulously well to stay highly competitive every year (often thanks to a high-powered offense), but they haven't been as consistently good across all phases of the game as they were back in 2003 and 2004, which means they aren't quite as dominant in the playoffs.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is hilarious!

It's the same thing he always does. Remember he claimed Meriweather was the 2nd best safety in the AFC? Once BB cut the stiff after his rookie contract junior denied it all.

Same old lying SOS he has always been.

No, actually NO ONE remembers that because that's not what I said. You and a handful of trolls, use it as a way to gain leverage.

Hurlie just got caught above changing one word I used to shape it to how he wanted to try to mock me. But, it's right there in print, so lying won't work. 

I said "SOMEONE" thinks he's the 2nd bestSafety  because he backed up Weddle as a reserve two years in a row.  If you're being picked as a back up in a Pro Bowl, clearly you don't "stink".

Get it? Was he disappointing he didn't grow into the role more? Yes.

The fact is, if a Pats player anwyhere on a roster, eespecially on D isn't some All Pro, future HOFer, you and your diseased Brady loving contingent, focus on that player exclusively to distract from Brady's inferior play. You choose words for dramatic effect as well.  You get away with it because the media thrives on attacking BB as a GM and coach, especially from the defensive side.

This whole time, it's how it's been.   A defensive player doesn't cause an INT or a cause a fumble to make up for Brady's awful or mediocre play?  Scapegoat him!  String him up! lol

It doesn't matter if it's Meriweather in 2010, Chung in 2011 or Steve Gregory in 2012. The fact is, NONE of them were anywhere near as bad you claim.

I never said any of them were even good. In fact, I said each had flaws which I pointed to.

Brady could toss 3 INTs in a SB, the Pats could win, and you'd still act like he played well with the D not worth is salt. LMAO

You each have serious, serious mental issues thinking someone as bad or average as Brady has been, especially in AFC title games, is completely void of any criticism as you reach so desperately to focus on a player that isn't even on a Brady level.

It's moron speak.

The only moron speak at hand is your every word.

You constantly praise stiffs. From Meriweather to Chung to McCourty to Butler to Brace to Cunningham you have defended them all when others pointed them out as inadequate. You have propped up the likes of Edelman, BJGE and Ocho.

Then you slam in virtually every post the Hall of Fame greatest player in team history.

You are a troll if there ever was one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank.

The fact is, a guy like you could be a jets troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That the weapons Brady had back in his SB winning years were inferior to all the teams that have played since 2007???

I mean it gets so sickening listen to ignorant fans say "Brady didnt have any weapons then, Where was the # 1, there wasnt any deep threat,etc.  SHUT IT!!!!  Let me just focus on the 03' season where we got contributions from everywhere . Guys got hurt, others stepped up. The Ball was SPREAD around and we Absolutely had players to attack every part of the field. We had a Bruising RB in A.Smith, complimented by a Fb who could catch(centers) and a change of pace back who was clutch and could also catch out of backfield. Contrast that now to a one dimensional Slot player who cant outrun anyone or get deep and has linebackers covering him in Wes. A nice, big TE who is always hurt at the end of the year and a # WR in Lloyd who ONLY works the sideline and isnt clutch and a hybrid WR/TE in Hernandez who is always hurt and just started drinking legally...Not EVEN CLOSE! 

Shizz - If you do that, you damage a portion of the agenda that a few here have. 

Earlier in Brady's successful career it was always about Brady doing more with less.  That was the legend.  Along with it was the cap management brilliance of Belichick, but that's another agenda. 

It was always lost on those with the agenda that the defense and special teams might have been just as valuable. 

Its a common fallacy (imo) to compare players by draft position followed by on-field performance.  So Givens was a 7th rounder; Chad Jackson was a high 2nd rounder.  They had very different careers.  Assante Samuel was a 4th rounder while Terrence Wheatley was a 2nd rounder.  There can be expectations of excellence from high draft picks, but that doesn't always happen, and conversly little is expected from low draft picks but many exceed those expectations and some do it remarkably. 

Brady had a very good set of skill players during his SB run.  More specifically, however, he also had a dominant defense and a clutch kicker to support his offense. 

How many game winning or tying kicks did Vinatieri have in the playoffs?  How many for Gostkowski? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

"To all"?

What a sneaky liar.  No one said "all" receivers at Brady's disposal. But, Brady demanded an upgrade after 2006 and he got it, minus 2009's set of receivers.

But, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004's better than what he has now?

2007, Nope.

2010, Nope.

2011, Nope.

2012, Nope.

All of these supporting casts are superior in talent to the Wesi years talent. The difference was Weis called all plays and Brady had very little or no autonomy until after Weis left. That is the difference. That's the "misconception".

Every single non Pats fan drools over Welker, Moss, Hernandez, Gronk, etc.  When you're 4th WR in 2007 is Stallworth or your 4th or 5th option in 2011 is Branch and Ochocinco, yes, it'san embarrassment of riches.

The only defense of weak casts are 2006 and 2009.

That's it.

2003 and 2004 somehow trump his 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012 casts?  That's 2 seasons to 4 by my count.

Brady's absolutely better 06-today than he was 01-04.  What Brady generally had in those years that he has lacked in later years is "protection".  Mentally he believes he lacks a  defense although the numbers prove differently.  Physically the defense may not be as good as it was in those early winning years, but no one can deny Brady's inability to step up when it mattered in many of the subsequent years. 

One cannot simply say, "well he had his team up in the 4th Q".  If he produces only 14 points from an offense that averages 28, then that puts pressure on the defense.  Go back and look at the game logs, play-by-play, or even scoring progress of games when the pats were winning.  The pats were only down by more than a FG twice and only once was the game possibly in jeopardy (Oakland 2001). 

Further, look at the turnovers the defense produced during those games.  Its significant and more than the games since. 

So Brady's not had a defense and ST to protect him since the 01-04 run, at least not in the same way the did during that time.  The pressure falls on him to produce more, and he generally has.  Where he has faltered is evident in the pats failure to score in playoff games since. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

You are capable of post ing good stuff on this board but this is perhaps one of the most ridiculous posts on these boards, ever.

Tell me where any of those receivers from 2003 had any success outside of NWE. People outside of NWe would not even know who those are. Yes, even Troy Brown. Branch is known in Seattle... as a big bust. Fauria? I don't even remember where he went.

The 2007 cast:

Moss is a HoF receiver. He may not be the greates but is one of top 5 receivers. Every NFL fan knows Moss and it's not just becasue of his attitude. He's known for what he did on the field. 

Welker may not get in the HoF but he has HoF numbers. 

Stallworth had a better career before coming to NWE than anyone of the 2003 receivers had outside of NWE.

Gaffney had a better post-Patriots career than any of the 2003 receivers had outside of NWE.

Caldwell... well he ahd bigger eyes than any 2003 WR.

Heck ask any die hard NFL fan (it does not matter of what team), and they can tell you who were  the WRs on that team. Ask them to tell you who the WRs were in 2003. They may remember Brown if they were an OAK fan, or Branch maybe. Otherwise, I'd doubt they will even name one.

Everyone in that 2003 team was a mid-level guy who would not even be a #2 option outside of NWE. None of them I believe craacked being a #3. 

If you truly believe what you just wrote, nobody can help you. 

Wow....Where to begin here???  Im glad you mentioned this. I will adress everything. As far as what they did when they left here. Well teams are different, systems, etc. Branch was injured a lot in Seattle with horrid QB play and was out the loop, but when N.E. went up there to play, he looked very good, catching 8 balls and TD and so thats an example of a player still being good but a team not playing him. Givens blew out his knee. Patten went to Washington with poor QB play. The point is they WERE # 2 WR's. Wether  or not you admit it. They all had ability to get open and catch and ALL were clutch. What did Randy do when he left here?? go to 3 diff. teams in a halfseason...lol. Randy NEVER shows up in postseason.

Ok on to Stallworth. Glad you mentioned him. When Branch left I looked at possible replacements and Stallworth and Branchs first 4 years in the league are practically Identical. They were the same player, down the #'s so please tell me why you have to make up stuff to make a point? Branch was  a SB MVP who had great hands and ran great routes. Stallworth was a bit faster but worse hands and worse route running.

Moss has been a DOG his whole career in postseason. That SUPER offense couldnt even put in a whole season. By week 12, teams were catching up. THEY BEAT UP ON OUR WEAK DIVISION but struggled beating the Eagles with a backup and the Ravens took em to the wire. Moss was a Bum in these games. So let me clarify again. That 2007 team was EASILY DEFENDED once the bluepint was out. Saftey up  top on Randy and double Wes. Game over! BB even said in 09'. BY 2010, fans hated Moss.  You cant defend 10 diff. guys catching balls. YOU CAN defend 2 GUYS catching balls and thats why those teams didnt do anything. The O-line would never look good passing 50 times against that front 4. The problem was PREDICTABLE offense going to 2 players and Moss didnt do chit but catch a 5 yard TD but was invisible the rest of the game. PAPER CHAMPS!  01,03,04 WERE CLUTCH. IM NOT TALKING REG. SEASON

Glad you guys like these teams that dominate reg. season but have no players with the balls to do it in the postseason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

GO on You tube and watch the 2004 (2003 season) SB.

Much much better separation and deep threat then than now.

..maybe not more than 2007 overall but wide outs hmm.

compared to today,

2003 Branch and Brown good as 2007 Welker, better than 2012 Welker.. You could argue Given was better than lloyd.

Rebut only after you watch some Troy Brown video and refresh your memory please.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

"To all"?

What a sneaky liar.  No one said "all" receivers at Brady's disposal. But, Brady demanded an upgrade after 2006 and he got it, minus 2009's set of receivers.

But, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004's better than what he has now?

2007, Nope.

2010, Nope.

2011, Nope.

2012, Nope.

All of these supporting casts are superior in talent to the Wesi years talent. The difference was Weis called all plays and Brady had very little or no autonomy until after Weis left. That is the difference. That's the "misconception".

Every single non Pats fan drools over Welker, Moss, Hernandez, Gronk, etc.  When you're 4th WR in 2007 is Stallworth or your 4th or 5th option in 2011 is Branch and Ochocinco, yes, it'san embarrassment of riches.

The only defense of weak casts are 2006 and 2009.

That's it.

2003 and 2004 somehow trump his 2007, 2010, 2011 and 2012 casts?  That's 2 seasons to 4 by my count.

Brady's absolutely better 06-today than he was 01-04.  What Brady generally had in those years that he has lacked in later years is "protection".  Mentally he believes he lacks a  defense although the numbers prove differently.  Physically the defense may not be as good as it was in those early winning years, but no one can deny Brady's inability to step up when it mattered in many of the subsequent years. 

One cannot simply say, "well he had his team up in the 4th Q".  If he produces only 14 points from an offense that averages 28, then that puts pressure on the defense.  Go back and look at the game logs, play-by-play, or even scoring progress of games when the pats were winning.  The pats were only down by more than a FG twice and only once was the game possibly in jeopardy (Oakland 2001). 

Further, look at the turnovers the defense produced during those games.  Its significant and more than the games since. 

So Brady's not had a defense and ST to protect him since the 01-04 run, at least not in the same way the did during that time.  The pressure falls on him to produce more, and he generally has.  Where he has faltered is evident in the pats failure to score in playoff games since. 

UDC< I totally get that Brady could do less then with a better defense but to say he had no weapons???  Wow. They were deeper! Sure we didnt have Moss but last i checked he is STILL chasing a ring and put up another DOG performance in the SB failing to HELP his team the same way he DOGGED the 2007 postseason. Nothing has changed, but Givens putting double moves on big mouth RIcky Manning in SB 38 on the way to another CHIP? That I can respect. Branch catching the ball to put us in FG while being crushed and still holding on, that I can respect.  I would take TROY BROWN OVER RANDY MOSS IN THE PLAYOFFS ALL DAY!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Why are you contradicting yourself?   Wes is still  more talented than Troy Brown in the slot role.

More evidence (as if we needed any) that you don't know the game junior.

Brown was much more the complete receiver that Wes is.

Welker is a one trick pony. He uses extreme quickness to get catches on 6-8 yard dink and dunk passes and then turns that same shifty quickness into 4-5 yac. That's it. Other than that gimmick he is a small target below average WR. It is a hell of a gimmick though.

Brown was much more effective in all roles other than that quickie stuff.

Please someone call a doctor.  Babe has finally gone over the edge.  The "gimmick" of which you speak has Welker as possibly leading the league in both yards and receptions over the past 6 years.  That's not a gimmick that's a heck of a receiver.  There have been a heckuva lot more receivers of which significantly more was expected but have delivered significantly less. 

And this is not to diminish Brown's own excellence.  He was excellent, but Welker could be a hall of famer.  The one thing I wonder is whether or not Brady spends time developing his receivers.  Excellent receivers have been brought in but not produced.  Does Brady not spend time with them working on the nuances of the system?

Sections
Shortcuts