Can we please start the College Football Playoff System now?! Joke of a "National Championship"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Can we please start the College Football Playoff System now?! Joke of a "National Championship"

This game was an absolute joke.  It is a shame that our College Football National Championship was such a one sided a$$ kicking.  Maybe with a playoff we would have gotten to see "Bame-OR or something. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Can we please start the College Football Playoff System now?! Joke of a

Just 2 more seasons!

In all honesty, this probably was the game I was most interested in.

I kind of figured ND was a fraud, but they were undefeated and until tonight, had not proven to me that they were frauds.

The ALA-OR potential matchup was what I was hyped up for all season. After Oregon lost with its offense getting stuffed, I lost all interest in the matchup 

Just watch the games with the perspective that the SEC Championship is the real BCS championship game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This game was an absolute joke.  It is a shame that our College Football National Championship was such a one sided a$ kicking.  Maybe with a playoff we would have gotten to see "Bame-OR or something. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes Please, ND Was A Joke, They Should Have Played In The Tidy Bowl In Flushing  NY...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just 2 more seasons!

In all honesty, this probably was the game I was most interested in.

I kind of figured ND was a fraud, but they were undefeated and until tonight, had not proven to me that they were frauds.

The ALA-OR potential matchup was what I was hyped up for all season. After Oregon lost with its offense getting stuffed, I lost all interest in the matchup 

Just watch the games with the perspective that the SEC Championship is the real BCS championship game

[/QUOTE]

you got it down in your final analysis depat

but oregon was never going to play bama (oregon was set to play kansas state. then both lost late. we would never have known who was teh best, or even who the top 4 teams were).

the stupid popularity contest is rigged not to get the best team, but the team with teh weakest competion (and thus least losses), unlike other sports and other football levels down ot high school where it is decided by competion on the field in a playoff.

the pre season poll sets us off in the wrong direction from the start and determines how far a team can rise or fall wihtout a game even being played. then bowls and thier commissioners who make hubndreds of thousands for having mere titles decide who goes where. there is only incidental interest in who a natl champion should be. what little we havfe now are bones thrown to us. its all about the dead pressidents, like everything else in this country from the top to bottom.

theere should be an 8 or 12 team playoff.

the ap and the bcs formula can hardly even pick the top 9 teams in my estimation (ie who actaully are teh 9 best, not record, or politics).

if we started wiht 9 o r12 we could conceiveably find the best and rank them after that playoff. 

rankings prior to the playoff and after it should be decided like in college basketaball (wiht that indedependent comittee based on watchign the games). this method is  light years ahead in accuracy than the b.s. that decides college rankings. 

as of today, 

id have teh top 3 teams based on how they are playing this last week as bama, texas a and m, and oregon. though who knows, with a playoff, florida and lsu might have decided to show up like they did all year playing for the sec title.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Seems like an 8 team playoff would be reasonably easy to implement. The current system is just a joke.  I watched the first half and then decided sleeping would be less dull.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yep.  An 8 team playoff would be great.  It works great for the FCS, their playoff system is great to watch.  Just imagine how cool it would be for the Big Schools?!  Obviously change is needed because that was one of the most embarassing beat downs I've ever seen.  "Bama could have put up 60 no problem if they chose to.

Sections
Shortcuts