Can we stop the ''BB is a Genius '' nonsense now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

This game brought back painfull memories of the last super bowl.Very similar.BB STILL the best coach in football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I don't understand that challenge, that's true, but I would say that BB and staff put the team in a great position to win. The gameplan was great - time of possession kept the Colts O off the field. The penalty, dropped TD pass and mediocre red zone performance lost the game, not the coaching in my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[Quote]I don't understand that challenge, that's true, but I would say that BB and staff put the team in a great position to win. The gameplan was great - time of possession kept the Colts O off the field. The penalty, dropped TD pass and mediocre red zone performance lost the game, not the coaching in my opinion.[/Quote]

Agree--in the red zone 4 times--1 touchdown. Can not win like that. I thought BB was micromanaging the game, I mean 4th and 1 and he DOESN"T go for it? In any case, the Patriots are still in better shape than I thought they would be in after week 1. Pats will beat the Bills next game. Cassell isn't losing any games (not many backup qb's can say that this year). The games will start to get more important now that we're half way thru. Patriots are still looking good to make the playoffs. That's all that counts right now. Anyone who thinks BB isn't a great coach--well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Are you saying that to be a football genius is to never make mistakes?

This is a team that has lost tom brady, maroney, and harrison for the year. A team that is operating without morris and jordan in the backfield and with a patchwork secondary. This same team is 5-3 and is very much in the mix. Oh, the new starting qb hadn't started a game since high school. a genius is probably better understood through a body of work and not a snapshot-

BTW, maybe bb's 3 super bowl rings will buy him forgiveness for a mistake or two-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boulderpatriot. Show boulderpatriot's posts

This is a homer comment, but true. Belichick can't possibly be on the sideline, and decide to challange the 12 men on the field on his own. He got a call from the booth and they said challange. I think everyone needs to lay off Bill for the challange. I think the timeout on the 4th down try is suspect, but all in all Thomas, and Gafney lost this game. Not the coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Agreed Boulder. Thomas is an idiot and Gaffney well, that one really hurt. Wonder if he had money on the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Suduko. Show Suduko's posts

BB definitely made a horrible call by calling Time-Out. Let Cassell and the offense have some freedom - he is playing to conservative and this is costing the PATS wins.

Jabar makes the catch - we put Colts on their heels.

Cassell played great - hopefully Sammy "The Bull" is back next week.
    He's a bad - bad man. Weatley is playing great and was a great draft choice.

GO PATS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

While you guys are bashing Belichick, I heard many pundits state prior to the colts game, that this is the best job BB has ever done coaching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How quick some of you are to turn on your head coach....makes me embarrassed to be a member of Patriots Nation. The guy won a super bowl with his back up in 2001, he led his team on two 20 + win steaks, he won back to back super bowls with out any Randy Moss super stars on the team, he has one of the best playoff win records in the history of the game at 14-3, he coached his team to a 16-0 record during a time when spygate was being thrown in everyones face, he continues to find multible late round draft picks that can play the game and or undrafted rookie free agents like this years Gary Guyton i mean the list goes on and on and thats not even counting his days with the Giants as the DC but yet some of you guys are still sitting here saying that because of the colts game we should no longer consider him a genius of a head coach? give me a break, bench this guy, fire that guy, belicheck is not as good as we thought, you guys are insane! Belicheck is the greatest coach to ever coach the game and thats not the "kool aide" talking either i would say the same even if i was not a Pats fan the guy is the best to ever coach and we are lucky enough to have him and you just take that for granted....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

For 4thandtwo to sayd BB, "wanted 3 and a loss," is completely idiotic. He obviously was doing what he thought put his team in the best position for the win, and he has been right SO many times before. Without David Thomas, guess what, Pats win and BB coached a hell of a game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]How quick some of you are to turn on your head coach....makes me embarrassed to be a member of Patriots Nation. The guy won a super bowl with his back up in 2001, he led his team on two 20 + win steaks, he won back to back super bowls with out any Randy Moss super stars on the team, he has one of the best playoff win records in the history of the game at 14-3, he coached his team to a 16-0 record during a time when spygate was being thrown in everyones face, he continues to find multible late round draft picks that can play the game and or undrafted rookie free agents like this years Gary Guyton i mean the list goes on and on and thats not even counting his days with the Giants as the DC but yet some of you guys are still sitting here saying that because of the colts game we should no longer consider him a genius of a head coach? give me a break, bench this guy, fire that guy, belicheck is not as good as we thought, you guys are insane! Belicheck is the greatest coach to ever coach the game and thats not the "kool aide" talking either i would say the same even if i was not a Pats fan the guy is the best to ever coach and we are lucky enough to have him and you just take that for granted....[/Quote]

Precisely Killa. Coaches can have bad games but compared to most, BB has very few bad games. One bad game does not tarnish the "genius" in BB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

funny i didnt see Grogan once in that quote question Belichecks genius? can you point it out for me? I mean since we are all homers can you point out exactly where Steve Grogan says we should stop considering Bill Belicheck a coaching genius? what line is it on? cause i just dont see it. I see him agreeing with you that they need to air it out more and go for it on 4th and short a little more and had this thread been called " The pats coaching staff needs to let Cassel throw the ball some more and also go for it on 4th and short" I would have agreed with you 100% because those are good points however you called this Can we stop with the BB is a genius nonsense and since thats your main point once again can you please point out to me exactly where in that Steve Grogan quote does Grogan say we should stop the BB is a genius nonsense?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

4th - You're argument helps prove the opposite point you're trying to make..

"Thisb year the team is depleted in several areas"

That's why BB is doing such a good job THIS year, and it has nothing to do with years past. He is taking a team that is depleted in the secondary and playing without its MVP quarterback and coaching them to the playoffs. If the Pats make it to the playoffs, it's so wide open that it isn't out of the question they could still make it back to the Super Bowl

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

No well at least I can't, In Bill I Trust

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Maybe we can get Steve Grogan to coach the team. No offense, but why do we really care what this guy thinks about coaching? In Bill we trust...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

I think the Pats and BB are doing better than I could hope for. The Pats have lost some MAJOR players ... too many. Yet they still have a winning record.
    Someone mentioned Dallas. They haven't looked to great without Romo. Indy hasn't looked too wonderful with Manning being less than 100%.
    Bill has lost the league MVP, the number one running back, and the defensive leader in Rodney. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that they no longer have Asante this year, and Hobbs is hurting.
    I think Bill is doing a great job considering what he has left for a team.
    If the Pats had another coach the team might be 2 and 6 right now instead of 5 and 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

This is a dumb and ignorant thread. The only reason BB called a timeout was he thought it was 4th and inches when it turned out to be 4th and ONE! Of course hindsight is perfect, but imagine yourself at the moment when you found out it was 4th and one instead of inches..

A game where they played with a rookie QB and undrafted rookie RB, and minus THREE of their top RB, and they lose by only 3 points, and are still 5-3 and tied for first in AFC east, and hosting Buffalo, then Jets.. that is a pretty good position to be in.

Even when Brady was projected to play all year long, the Patriots were projected to most likely lose at the Chargers and Colts.. so except for the Miami fiasco, we are pretty much on track.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allancrain. Show allancrain's posts

Even if there were only 11 men on the field when the ball was snapped, why were the Colts allowed 12 men in the huddle? This referee went an entire season without overturning one call two years ago.
    I thought the Thomas penalty was tacky, he simply pushed the guy, he didn't slam him to the ground or hit him high.

How can so-called fans attack BB when he comes close to beating the Colts when he has lost his QB, 3 RBs, Hall of Fame Safety? We are indeed spoiled. Oh yes, last year he didn't win any close games, where have you been?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

So someone makes a couple of mistakes during a game and now you are questioning their abilities? Please, he may be a genius, but he's still only human.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

This whole thread is foolish. Considering the man has won FIVE Super Bowl rings, and has this team in first place as it is is proof the guy knows his stuff. I agree this was not one of his better performances. I also am with most here who wish they'd open it up a bit for Cassel. I happen to think it's time he started to use more of the playbook...and even be able to audible in certain situations. I think Brady covered up quite a few of McDaniel's shortcomings. But I'm sure not ready to call for BB's resignation to sign someone like...(God forbid!) Marty!!! Everyone has bad days. With Bill leading the team there have been very few of them these last seven years! New England sports fans have long been viewed as cynical, doomsaying fanatics. Possibly the heartbreaks provided by the Sox have enhanced this. But this guy is a first ballot HOF coach. We can criticize him, but I feel we need to respect him. I have a feeling he'll pull something out of this season yet. And in our situation that's all we can ask for. Let's be honest, back in week one most of us were ready to just write off the season!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Just to make the playoffs this year will be a major accomplishment with all the injuries. How can anyone question BB? You know his coaching strategy had to change when Brady went out and look where there are now. Tied for 1st. Enough said on this subject.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

BB learns from his mistakes and very rarely repeats them.

This is the reson for those "bad" games being few and far between. Also the reason for the five rings! Like I said, a bad game is no reason to sour on the best coach this franchise (and possibly the NFL) has ever seen. Nobody here would have thought back in September they would be 5-3 at the halfway mark with Cassel. And to expand on the Romo comparison, where do you think the Colts would be without Peyton now? Or the Giants without Eli, the Steelers without Ben, the Panthers without Jake, etc? While I'm not making plans for a trip to Tampa in February just yet, I fully expect them to at least make the playoffs. And without BB this team would never have had half the success it has. The good news is the next two games are in the division. And they have owned this division for a long time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[Quote]
    Even if there were only 11 men on the field when the ball was snapped, why were the Colts allowed 12 men in the huddle? This referee went an entire season without overturning one call two years ago.
    I thought the Thomas penalty was tacky, he simply pushed the guy, he didn't slam him to the ground or hit him high.

How can so-called fans attack BB when he comes close to beating the Colts when he has lost his QB, 3 RBs, Hall of Fame Safety? We are indeed spoiled. Oh yes, last year he didn't win any close games, where have you been?[/Quote]

Allen, how about a little bit of objectivity about the Thomas hit. Put the shoe on the other foot and you would have been crying like a baby if the call hadn't been made (screaming that the colts always get calls), and helping form the NFL/colt leaguewide boycott if the colts had actually won the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I would say that its a fair exchange of four Super Bowls in 7 years for a couple of " gaff" calls. The man is human . The media and the league make him out to be a perfect man . He is the first to tell you he is not. When he goes to Canton make sure not to clap .............

Sections
Shortcuts