Can Wes Welker hold Troy Brown's jock?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Can Wes Welker hold Troy Brown's jock?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know what's funny about this thread? I had this argument with rusty two years ago, it was in the middle of another one of those predictrable Brady has better weapons now than in pre 2007...and how he is spoiled now, etc.

I pointed out that Brown was as good, if not better than Welker - rusty countered with Brady having the best slot receiver in history (Welker) is not the same as having a guy who basically had only two/maybe three good years. He then called me a troll and commented on how Brady is now a choker who has more talent (Welker being an example) than the years pre 07.

This is a prime example of why rusty can't be trusted and how virtually everything he says is a lie. At the time I thought...well he's got to agree with me...Brown is better than Welker, or at least the same, but nope! Whatever it took to support his argument is what he was going to write - he would tell you the sky is purple one day and yello another, if it helps his case. The guy is a clown.

He'll say I'm lying after reading this...don't believe him.

[/QUOTE]

You just lied again.

If Brown is my favorite Pats player of all time, why would I rank Welker above Brown? That makes no sense.  

Many witnesses recall me saying that and Brown, in another era, is a HOFer. Many, many will recall my premise on that. So, you just got caught again.

So, it's impossible for me to have said what you claimed, liar.

What a liar. It's unreal what lengths you will go to lie and troll. 

[/QUOTE]

What you need to do is ask the pharmacist at CVS what medication is available to cure lying...and then swallow the whole bottle. 

You did too say that about Welker compared to Troy Brown...you are a LIER!

At the time I thought...wow, this guy will do anything to support his argument and twisted agenda, but now to see it on this thread just proves you are a lying fraud. Classless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two different types of receivers.

Stat wise, Welker in 6 years are better then TB's with double the years.  No idea why anyone would say Welker can't hold TB's jock.  LMAO!!

If we are talking Super Bowls rings, then yeah, that's obvious.  It's like the Dan Marino argument, great stats, no rings. 

Will Troy Brown go into the Hall Of Fame?  No

Will Wes Welker go into the Hall of Fame?  There is a chance someday.

[/QUOTE]

Because of stats?  You are obsessed with stats. Do you watch these games or do you just check how a player does in your fantasy leagues and look at box scores?

If you had one game to win and could choose between Welker or Brown, it's Brown every time.

Case closed.

The board is well aware you just started following our team in 2007, but Welker is nowhere near the big game player Brown was.  

I still remember his huge games even back in the 1990s, pre dynasty.

I can literally name a list about 10 deep of absolutely monumental game saving or winning plays right off the top of my head and I can't think of one for Welker.  Ouch.

Any other era, say, pre 1970s, maybe pre 1980s, Troy Brown is a HOFer.  

Brown was the better player.  Any real Pats fan knows that.

[/QUOTE]

You are a joke, you can claim I started following the team in 2007 all you want, just more lies.  You claim you were sitting in the metal bleachers, we know that is a lie.  You were home with the babysitter. 

Troy Brown was a stud, no doubt, but you are crazy if you compare the productivity of the two and think Welker can't carry his jock.  LMAO @ U.  You are a fraud!

Will Troy Brown ever make the HOF?  How about Welker?

[/QUOTE]

Bloated stats don't make you a HOFer. Brown was clearly the better overall player here.

Clearly.

I can name 10 classic Troy Brown, either game winning or clutch moments that Welker could only have dreamt of while here.

LOL!

See, if you were a fan before 2007, you'd know this.  EXPOSED

[/QUOTE]

I already said Brown was a stud, I am not denying that.  What I am saying is you are a joke if you said Welker can't carry Browns jock.  Look at the numbers ... Brown will never make it to the Hall of Fame, Wes Welker has a very good chance of it.  The better players get into the HOF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Different players. TB much more of a downfield threat, faster, special teams star. WW was the best slot guy ever, period. Uncoverable, tough as nails.  Not as athletic or fast as TB, very good punt returner but not in Troy's class on STs.

All in all, WW a better slot receiver, TB a better football player. 

[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Well said sir.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes Wes can, but Troy Brown made more plays to help win championships. Welker had the stats but Troy stands apart in the clutch. I love Welker for what he did here but we place the players who stepped up in crunch time like Troy, Tom, Tedy, Willie, Rodney, etc. in a much higher echelon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So rust! Now when you discuss our old offense and it's "run based theme" and go on to talk about how Brady didn't have weapons back then ( at least compared to now), are you going to include Troy Brown in those conversations? I mean when I say that Brady did in fact have weapons back then - even more so than now - I want you to include Troy brown in the discussion with his receivers, because that is exactly what you don't do when you are trying to support your agenda. You even went so far to say Welker was the best slot receiver of all time and Brown had a good three year run. So one more time...Tom Brady did have weapons pre 07...it helped us win Super Bowls...Troy Brown, David Givens, David Patten, and Dieon Branch were talented players that could make plays. Tom Brady did not get spoiled all of the sudden. Tom Brady doesn't have that kind of talent now. And we won Super Bowls by throwing to people...not by mindlessly handing it off to guys for 2 yards a a carry.

So from now on admit that Tom had great weapons, they must be great because five posts ago you claimed that you thought Troy Brown deserved to be in the hall of fame. Imagine that? Tom Brady threw to a guy that should be in the hall of fame.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Gee, I would ask could Troy carry Wes's jock?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

Different players. TB much more of a downfield threat, faster, special teams star. WW was the best slot guy ever, period. Uncoverable, tough as nails.  Not as athletic or fast as TB, very good punt returner but not in Troy's class on STs.

[/QUOTE]

I think Troy was an average to slightly above average WR. He played what, 11 years, and was border line roster cut for 4 years? He also was the 4th or 5th option for a few years. He did have a couple Welkian years, but no comparison IMO

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

Is Justin Beiber a great singer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know what's funny about this thread? I had this argument with rusty two years ago, it was in the middle of another one of those predictrable Brady has better weapons now than in pre 2007...and how he is spoiled now, etc.

I pointed out that Brown was as good, if not better than Welker - rusty countered with Brady having the best slot receiver in history (Welker) is not the same as having a guy who basically had only two/maybe three good years. He then called me a troll and commented on how Brady is now a choker who has more talent (Welker being an example) than the years pre 07.

This is a prime example of why rusty can't be trusted and how virtually everything he says is a lie. At the time I thought...well he's got to agree with me...Brown is better than Welker, or at least the same, but nope! Whatever it took to support his argument is what he was going to write - he would tell you the sky is purple one day and yello another, if it helps his case. The guy is a clown.

He'll say I'm lying after reading this...don't believe him.

[/QUOTE]

You just lied again.

If Brown is my favorite Pats player of all time, why would I rank Welker above Brown? That makes no sense.  

Many witnesses recall me saying that and Brown, in another era, is a HOFer. Many, many will recall my premise on that. So, you just got caught again.

So, it's impossible for me to have said what you claimed, liar.

What a liar. It's unreal what lengths you will go to lie and troll. 

[/QUOTE]

NOPE! you are the LIAR.  I remember it specifically, in fact you still say the same things today.

Brady didn't have great receivers in the SB years...

BLa bla bla

Brady's been spoiled with his receivers ever since he threw a hissy fit in 2006 when he got rid of his Binky (not named troy Brown) and BB had to appease and spoil him by getting Welker and Moss.

Yup, LIAR.  You say it all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Brown was a great all-around player, could do anything on the football field. Top 5 all-time Patriot players. If anybody remembers Ed Podolak of the old Chiefs, he was like that, jack of all trades, except TB was better.

What's interesting (and ridiculous) is that he'll never get HOF consideration, and Welker will. In fact, Welker will probably get in. I'm not even saying he shouldn't, but I'll take TB any day, all day.

[/QUOTE]

I love your original observations, TB a jack of all trades but not an expert in any. Welker one of the best slot guys ever. but the part I bolded I think depends on the crew around him. I do think Welker can survive and still thrive if there is only one other option available to throw to. He's already shown he can. I doubt Brown could. However, if there are multiple options and you don't have to rely on essentially either a Welker or Brown I do think Brown offers more overall as a whole so I'd rather have him. Unfortunately for the last half a decade or so Brady has had only Welker and one other option. I saw this because during that time Gronk and Hern were hurt so often more times then not you'd only have 1 healthy on the field at a time and not both

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

vs.

Next...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANumber1Roy. Show ANumber1Roy's posts

I love Troy Brown and respect what he was able to do in the small window of time he started at WR but in no way can you compare him as a WR to Welker. Welker dominated the NFL in his prime years and Troy Brown unfortunately only had a couple of really great years with many years as a role player 3rd WR option. Brown without a doubt is the better overall football player with the way he played ST's and defense but Welker was no slouch either on ST's with Punt Returns and even being able to kick FG's if needed. The fact that Welker is a possible NFL HOFer and Troy Brown is only a Patriot HOFer answers your question right there on who's the better WR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Will Troy Brown ever make the HOF?  How about Welker?

[/QUOTE]

neither will

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good summary and right on. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good summary and right on. 

[/QUOTE]

What...no analysis taken from some football site that includes pics? I'm soooooo disappointed... :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, Dick. That's not really your job is it?  If so, that's pathetic.  Don't you mean, support your own delusions?

Notice your desperation?  How all you have are wrong names and insults?  LOL Laughing

Too funny.  You just can't make it up.......wait, you just did!! You're still Dick!!

[/QUOTE]

Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty...BUST-CHISE has some catnip and chloroform for youuuuuu....widdew tiny kittypoo, come to big papa...meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

BUST-CHISEEEEE, you sweet talking lover you...get that cat hienie anyway you can...EVEN BUST-CHISE NEEDS NOOKIE NOW AND THEN, YOU KITTY bum lvr.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, the framework of that statement was centered around the player, clutchness, total performance, etc.

It's not centered around stats.

Got it, boy?

Yes, Welker cannot hold Brown's jock in those categories.   Basically, all you have is the idea that Welker thrived with a HOF QB.  Edelman just did the same thing, which weakens Welker's legacy here, GREATLY.

BLUDGEONED.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman did it for 1 season, lmao!!  When he has Welker stats for 6 season then we will talk, until then... go get your shine box, boy!  Hahahaha!!

So Welker can't carry Browns jock yet Welker might end up in the HOF and while Troy Brown doesn't have a chance?  Yeah, that is some good thinking on your behalf... boy!

Hahaha!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts