Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?

I can't see anything that warrants a fine here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgS3KkF-Va0

I see Pryor's helmet on Favre's CHEST for the entire hit.  I also notice at 0:43 that Favre is wearing a soft chin strap (from experience, they slide around) as opposed to the hard chin straps that are molded to your chin and that stay in place.

Eff*n' ridiculous.  If I ever see Goodell, I'll speak my mind right to his face, then propose that players wear tutus with flags attached in lieu of contact.

5++ concussions over 11 years of playing and I'd have a full lobotomy if it meant I had a chance to play again.  I can understand the helmet-to-helmet bit but this, this is outrageous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?

Nothing wrong with that hit that I can see.

The way the league is going, tutus would be just about right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Adolf Goodell's Draconian rulings, as it was with Spygate, now rears it's ugly head yet again.

I think the players and fans are at least owed an explantion.

And you ain't getting his money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?:
    [QUOTE]I can't see anything that warrants a fine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgS3KkF-Va0 I see Pryor's helmet on Favre's CHEST for the entire hit.  I also notice at 0:43 that Favre is wearing a soft chin strap (from experience, they slide around) as opposed to the hard chin straps that are molded to your chin and that stay in place. Eff*n' ridiculous.  If I ever see Goodell, I'll speak my mind right to his face, then propose that players wear tutus with flags attached in lieu of contact. 5++ concussions over 11 years of playing and I'd have a full lobotomy if it meant I had a chance to play again.  I can understand the helmet-to-helmet bit but this, this is outrageous.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

This is getting ridiculous.  I guess the new rule is you must hit above the knees and below the belly button.  Only groin shots are legal now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Absolutely nothing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]I can't see anything that warrants a fine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgS3KkF-Va0 I see Pryor's helmet on Favre's CHEST for the entire hit.  I also notice at 0:43 that Favre is wearing a soft chin strap (from experience, they slide around) as opposed to the hard chin straps that are molded to your chin and that stay in place. Eff*n' ridiculous.  If I ever see Goodell, I'll speak my mind right to his face, then propose that players wear tutus with flags attached in lieu of contact. 5++ concussions over 11 years of playing and I'd have a full lobotomy if it meant I had a chance to play again.  I can understand the helmet-to-helmet bit but this, this is outrageous.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]...legal hit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It was on Favre....that is the problem with the hit...he's the NFL's latest drama queen that yields them headlines and money...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?:
    [QUOTE]It was on Favre.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

This^.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

NFL Offices

Phone: 1-212-450-2000

Fax: 212 – 681 - 7573

Commisioner’s e-mail:

roger.goodell@nfl.com

Send mail here :

National Football League
    280 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What was wrong with it was that that goddamn bunhole acted like he'd been shot after the hit. Eff'ing ladies, man. QBs are football players too, they can be hit like the rest of them. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Hits dont get any cleaner, my god what a terrible fine!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd like to email Gooddell and give him a little advice, but I don't think he is someone who really cares about fans, other than how much money they can generate for his business and the owners. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

ESPN's Rischae(sp) Canidate actually lobbied for a fine on TV.  In any event it was shown numerous times on TV, thus the fine.  Guyton's hit was illegal and justifiably drew a drew a penalty and fine.  This is ridiculous, one can't even tell if the helmet sliding up, Favre's pads sliding up or the ground that causes the gash.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

goodell is ruining the game

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Maybe us fans should boycott from buying anything related to football, until Goodell gives in, the worst thing for a business owner is loosing large amounts of money, but then again I dont think we'll ever stop supporting football just to get it back to the way its suppose to be played.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

A source for ESPN actually commented yesterday that no fine would be administered on that hit. 

The fine came down after this; it's Goodell's way of trying to maintain power.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]A source for ESPN actually commented yesterday that no fine would be administered on that hit.  The fine came down after this; it's Goodell's way of trying to maintain power.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Check that, my bad.  It was the former head of the officials, Perreira, not ESPN.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

tough guy, when you see Godell you'll shiot itself. just another want to be tough guy. pus sy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Adolf Goodell's Draconian rulings, as it was with Spygate, now rears it's ugly head yet again. I think the players and fans are at least owed an explantion. And you ain't getting his money.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    now who's going to stop him from getting his money? You? he needs to pay up. helmet is in Favre's face. let's just pretend this was Europian shoulder bag toting TB. you'd be asking for the defenders head. favre is still the toughest sob in the nfl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]NFL Offices Phone: 1-212-450-2000 Fax: 212 – 681 - 7573 Commisioner’s e-mail: roger.goodell@nfl.com Send mail here : National Football League 280 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]
    what the fu ck is that going to do? fu cking moron.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]goodell is ruining the game
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]
    maybe you'd like to see someone get killed on national tv. how long have they been protecting the QB? someone brushes up against TB and he has a tiffy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that hit. Perfectly legal. Its because the recipient of that hit was the so called "Iron Man" (diva is more like it) that is Brett Favre. Answer me this...Did anybody else believe for a second that Favre was seriously injured, based on the fact that Brett was carted off the field (in the fetal position), with some "yes man" holding a bandage to his chin, only to see that wuss holding a press conference after the game? I wonder what would happened had that been Brady...Oh yeah, nothing...I remember some no name safety purposely dived toward his knee one year and it was ruled a legal hit. Nice work Sheriff Goodell!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Perfectly legal!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Lets be honest...How many of us wish this would happen to Mr. Brett "Diva" Favre?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What's legal and what's not legal?  I don't know anymore.  Maybe it all depends on who received the hit.

Sections
Shortcuts