Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwPATRIOTSww. Show wwPATRIOTSww's posts

Re: Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! what a joke

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Does anyone have video of the Gary Guyton hit that caused a fine? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Re: Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit?:
    Does anyone have video of the Gary Guyton hit that caused a fine? 
    Posted by calchu7

I don't have video but as I saw the hit, Guyton hits Favre in the shoulder, which snaps his head back and looks like "helmet to helmet"

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

good question FatFlex   Everybody knows we can't get pressure on a QB. Must have been something BB taped that the September super bowl winners did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

How did Farve's chin get busted open?  Can you imagine the outrage in Patriot nation if this happened to Brady?  There would be calls for the expulsion of the guilty party and forfeiting of the game by the team that knocked Brady out of the game.
    Posted by PhatRex

Farves "Big Head" snapped forward as he crumpled to the ground and he hit Pryors helmet who planted it under his arm pit. Prior was also being pushed by #76.  Seems something like that did happen to Brady, only that guy was never fined. There's the outrage.  Also remember someone tackled Brady's knees this game.  No flag! No Fine!  But knees are so last year, right?
    For your sake, you better hope Sanchez has no PRYORS. lol

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Totally agree! This is just bogus. Pryor keeps his head level, tucks it into Favre's chest and uses his arms to wrap him up and bring him down. It was a perfect tackle.

The combination of Favre's finishing going through with his throwing motion and the force of the hit creates the contact between the crown of Pryor's helmet and Favre's weak @ss "chinstrap", but I have no idea how they watched tape of it at the league offices and came up with a fine. I am dumbfounded.

Thanks to harley for the e-mail address. I'm so p!ssed about this I wrote a letter earlier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"How did Farve's chin get busted open?  Can you imagine the outrage in Patriot nation if this happened to Brady?  There would be calls for the expulsion of the guilty party and forfeiting of the game by the team that knocked Brady out of the game."  ~PhatRex

Yup, good ole trusty PhatRex, never lettin' us down with well though out reasoning backed by the never failing non-sequitor to hammer the objective truth on home...  In the face of VISUAL evidence all of 3 posts above his oown post, A Picture of the exact milisecond that the exact action IS occuring, which Rex can click on and blow up to a foot wide and long on his own monitor......The Answer?  NO, nope...NO Way: TOTALLY Illegal Hit and a Good Ruling by the commissioner, Case Closed.  

~PhattyRex, The No-Nonsense NFL Street Detective~

"Hey Rex, Wadd'ya make of this Crime Scene here?"   

Rex: "It was the cat that murdered the husband." 

"Bu- But Rex, the wife's fingerprints are on the gun that she purchased herself just today, There were 6 eye-witnesses to her saying that she was gonna shoot her husband, 2 of whom actually SAW her shoot her husband, And the wife gave a full & detailed confession at headquarters, and put it in writing, and she confessed on recording to the 9-1-1 operator...and also, screamed that she muredered her husband to the next door neighbors out walking their dog, before she was placed in the squad car?"

Rex: "You're wasting my time & energy with this nonsense...It WAS the Cat who murdered the husband in question." 

"Geez man...I mean, Rex-Wouldn't ya like to take an actual step INto the house where the crime was committed, Before coming to a judgement regarding WHAT occurred?"

Rex: "Don't have to.  SEE, Has it ever occured to YOU that your 'evidence' seems just a tad bit too convenient, wouldn'tcha say?  How then, in your picture-perfect scenario of what actually happened, backed up by this suppossed 'evidence' of yours, You in YOUR own blindness, haven't looked at each & every detail closesly enough.  Namely, exactly how-DO you therefore, explain away that guilty look on Mr. Snowflake's smug little face of his?  LOOK, he's attempting to dispose of DNA evidence right now by licking his whiskers! SOMEbody, stop him!!!"  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit? : Perfectly legal!
    Posted by Rodimus77

It looks like Favre's own pads ride up in the above picture.  The laceration is below the chin, exactly where his pads are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

We can all thank RODNEY HARRISON for the $50,000 fines and the beginning of the end of football as we know it. He made such a big point of saying how meaningless the fines were, how players don't care etc, so they jacked them up.... WAY WAY WAAAAAY UP
    I don't think a play that IS NOT penalized should even be able to BE assessed a fine. If it's NOT a penalty, then it's NOT ILLEGAL. If it's NOT illegal, then HOW can they fine a player for it?
    Is there NO fine structure in the NFL. Could Goodell fine a guy WHATEVER he wants FOR whatever he wants??? Legal hits included?? Can he fine a player a 1/2 million if he so desires? James Harrison is up to $100k and the season is only 1/2 over !
    Kraft has said that it looks like a new agreement will be reached and football will not be locked out next year, but that was BEFORE this ridiculous fines business started.
    The players have to UNITE and set LIMITS to fines on the next union contract. Goodell has too much power. If ANYTHING threatens the 2011 season, I think it will be related to all the fines.
    When Harison & Meriweather got fined everybody said HOORAY, they deserved it, even many, many Pats fans. Now that other teams players are getting big fines, the message boards have gone the other way COMPLETELY. 99% of the messages posted ANYWHERE regarding fines this week are from PlSSED OFF fans EVERYWHERE

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

I hear the NFL is ordering flags for the players to wear. Soon to become a no hit league! Thanks for the video link, it was good to review, but nothing changed. I cant even try to imagine it being an illegal hit... Too bad the kid isnt making millions yet, that fine is gonna hurt him more than it would other players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Football is a collision sport. Let them play.
    Save the fines for the egregious hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

How did Farve's chin get busted open?  Can you imagine the outrage in Patriot nation if this happened to Brady?  There would be calls for the expulsion of the guilty party and forfeiting of the game by the team that knocked Brady out of the game.
    Posted by PhatRex

A more poignant comment would be to note that Brady already has quite a cleft in his chin.

Seriously, did you ever PLAY football?  You don't dive at knees unless someone put a teammate in a stretcher.  Brady's knee blowout wasn't as egregious as the one that Von Olhoeffen put on Carson Palmer in the playoffs four years ago, but still diving at the knees.

But straight up hits are fair game.  Nobody here complained about the brutality of the hits that the Giants put on us in the Super Bowl.  None of them dove at Brady's knees.   

If someone's chin gets cut as part of a FAIR hit, get over it.  I have a nice scar on my right forearm from someone's shoulder pad clip.  No intent, no controllability, no foul (which differs from guys who dive at knees where there might not be intent but there's definitely controllability where he could hit elsewhere).

Either way, the fine on Pryor for hitting Favre is terrible.  Even a Jets fan should have the congitive skills to recognize this (and its implications for your own physical defense)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

What's legal and what's not legal?  I don't know anymore.
    Posted by Salcon

Neither do the players, and that's the problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think they do.  More than likely the Pryor case will be appealed and thrown out.

This is a stupid case b/c the commissioner is acting beacuse it was so high profile.  I don't think there should be any issue with the Guyton or Harrison hits being illegal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

The reason for the fine has to do with the RESULT of the hit. The hit itself was perfectly legal, but the consequences- in other words, the injury that resulted- was the reason for the fine. All of which is a joke.

This reminds me of a time when I was a kid and some other kid popped me in the mouth. I didn't cry until AFTER I realized I was bleeding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that hit. Perfectly legal. Its because the recipient of that hit was the so called "Iron Man" (diva is more like it) that is Brett Favre. Answer me this...Did anybody else believe for a second that Favre was seriously injured, based on the fact that Brett was carted off the field (in the fetal position), with some "yes man" holding a bandage to his chin, only to see that wuss holding a press conference after the game? I wonder what would happened had that been Brady...Oh yeah, nothing...I remember some no name safety purposely dived toward his knee one year and it was ruled a legal hit. Nice work Sheriff Goodell!
    Posted by Rodimus77

That safety was entangled with a RB who was trying to lay on top of him. Frees himself and lunges at TB. Look at the replay like people keep insisting on looking at this replay.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Lets be honest...How many of us wish this would happen to Mr. Brett "Diva" Favre?
    Posted by Rodimus77

With that ignorant statement, I'll wish that on TB and end his career and any chance of any more SBs. Anyone who wishes ill will on anyone deserves to get his wish, but to his own QB. You need to go hang with KG.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by PhatRex

Rex, don't waste your breath on these homer nit wits. Everything is illegal with the opposition and everything is legal with their thugs. Maybe Suggs hit on TB was illegal because he hit their QB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Can you tell me what's wrong with this hit? : Farves "Big Head" snapped forward as he crumpled to the ground and he hit Pryors helmet who planted it under his arm pit. Prior was also being pushed by #76.  Seems something like that did happen to Brady, only that guy was never fined. There's the outrage.  Also remember someone tackled Brady's knees this game.  No flag! No Fine!  But knees are so last year, right? For your sake, you better hope Sanchez has no PRYORS. lol
    Posted by pezz4pats

Look at the tape. He had a free run by the O tackle. Wasn't pushed. Stop the fabricating. It makes you sound like you don't know anything about the game.

Sections
Shortcuts