Canada's Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Canada's Team?

Patriots top sales chart

Patriots top sales chart

So far this season

the New England

Patriots have sold

more merchandise in

Canada than any

other NFL team.

The Steelers, Packers, Raiders and Bills

round out the top-five in Canada.

Earlier this season the East coast New

England Patriots dominated Sun Media'™s ˜Favourite

NFL Team™ polls in Toronto and

Ottawa (12.41% of respondents to the Ottawa Sun

poll chose the Patriots as their

favourite team“ more than any other team;

in Toronto the Patriots were chosen by

9.76% of respondents, trailing only the

Pittsburgh Steelers).

In the United States, the Super Bowl

champion New York Giants lead the way in

overall team merchandise sales (followed by

the Steelers, Cowboys, Broncos and 49ers).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Canada's Team?

"in Toronto the Patriots were chosen by

Pittsburgh Steelers"

Sounds like the Buffalo/Toronto experiment isn't working very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They would like the vikes or gb more IMO .    Maybe Seattle after this year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"in Toronto the Patriots were chosen by

Pittsburgh Steelers"

Sounds like the Buffalo/Toronto experiment isn't working very well.

[/QUOTE]

Reports say the agreement to play one regular season game a year in Toronto (plus a preseason game every other year) is going to be renewed, even with the Bills' renovating their stadium in Buffalo.  My sense, though, is most Torontonians have favorite NFL teams that aren't the Bills.  In my office in downtown Toronto, it's mostly Bears and Pats fans.   No one is a Bills fan as far as I can tell.  If they are, they aren't admitting it . . . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

At last year's AFC Championship game I ran into three young guys from Toronto who got up at 3:00 AM to drive alll the way to the game. That's dedication.

Also, from talking to other Canadians the Patriots (and Red Sox) are popular in the the maritime provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to lioneljoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At last year's AFC Championship game I ran into three young guys from Toronto who got up at 3:00 AM to drive alll the way to the game. That's dedication.

Also, from talking to other Canadians the Patriots (and Red Sox) are popular in the the maritime provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.  

[/QUOTE]

I still have my season tickets from when I lived in Massachusetts.  I mostly fly down rather than drive down for the games (if you shop for sales you can get round-trip plane tickets for not much more than your gas would cost if you drove), but I'm always surprised by how many Pats fans are on my flights before and after the games. I've had a lot of people asking me for tickets too . . . there's a lot of interest in the Pats up here.  Red Sox and Bruins are surprisingly popular too, though of course nothing like the Jays and Leafs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Canadiens have no ax to grind as they have no team in the NFL, obviously.  In the states, it is all about winners, and the Pats win so much, many fans in the states love to see a consistant winner lose once in a while. Look at the continued hate towards ND this year even though this is the first time in years they have been significant in the BCS.  It will be a cold day in hell before the Pats even approach the top of favorite teams in the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

makes me want to sing the canadian national anthem

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I still maintain the NFL will put 2 teams in Canada by 2020.  I certainly would if I were Commish.  Going to Europe before Canada/Mexico is insane.

I'd put a team in Toronto and Vancouver, relocating the Bills to Toronto due to geographic rights.  The Vancouver franchise would belong to the NFC for balance.

The new Bills lease has a poison pill ($400M) for breaking the lease early, but conveniently allows an exit after year 7 (2020) for the relatively small sum of $28M.  NY owns the stadium in Buffalo, unlike Kraft with the Pats. 

These 2 franchises would also effectively end the CFL (sorry prolate) and thereby increase interest in the NFL north of the US.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Over here in Saskatchewan I think a lot of the older generation are Vikings fans because it is driving distance from most places in Saskatchewan. Other then that there is a mixed bag of favorite teams from everyone I know. A lot of Manning fans. I get my share of flack out here for being a Pats fan just from them being competitive year after year. I feel like out here a lot of people stick to their guns with the CFL and have to costantly just watch one type of football rather than enjoying both the NFL and the CFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Canadiens have no ax to grind as they have no team in the NFL, obviously.  In the states, it is all about winners, and the Pats win so much, many fans in the states love to see a consistant winner lose once in a while. Look at the continued hate towards ND this year even though this is the first time in years they have been significant in the BCS.  It will be a cold day in hell before the Pats even approach the top of favorite teams in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats have been a top seller in other years. It's cyclical.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think the CFL is going away . . . it's always going to be big in smaller Canadian cities that couldn't support an NFL team and also has a pretty loyal fan base in certain larger cities.  Plus it's actually expanding (new team on Ottawa is coming soon).  

Personally, I'd like to see the Argos have both an NFL and a CFL team here in Toronto.  If I owned the Argos, I'd be trying to pull that off.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

I still maintain the NFL will put 2 teams in Canada by 2020.  I certainly would if I were Commish.  Going to Europe before Canada/Mexico is insane.

I'd put a team in Toronto and Vancouver, relocating the Bills to Toronto due to geographic rights.  The Vancouver franchise would belong to the NFC for balance.

The new Bills lease has a poison pill ($400M) for breaking the lease early, but conveniently allows an exit after year 7 (2020) for the relatively small sum of $28M.  NY owns the stadium in Buffalo, unlike Kraft with the Pats. 

These 2 franchises would also effectively end the CFL (sorry prolate) and thereby increase interest in the NFL north of the US.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with a team In Toronto, but not at the expesne of the Buffalo fans.

I don't htink Vancouver would support an NFL team. They had an NBA team and they headed south.

I see a day when the NFL has 40 teams. I hope not one of them is that third world ocuntry - Mexico

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with a team In Toronto, but not at the expesne of the Buffalo fans.

I don't htink Vancouver would support an NFL team. They had an NBA team and they headed south.

I see a day when the NFL has 40 teams. I hope not one of them is that third world ocuntry - Mexico

[/QUOTE]

Buffalo "owns" the geographic rights to Toronto so you can't have teams in both cities.  I don't think the Vancouver basketball situation is relevant.   Basketball is not as big in Canada.  British Columbia already has a CFL team.

Sections
Shortcuts