Cannon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Cannon?

I was really pulling for this guy with the Hodgkins and all-but his play at guard today was HORRID!!! Almost got Brady injured twice and actually got Boldin injured--the guy could not TURN his tackle away from the play on the right  side on left tackle run plays!!!! ---watch the game--pathetic--the guy needs to go on the practice squad until he can turn his Defensive lineman AWAY from the play--he has no lateral movement!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Cannon?

Overreaction Monday! 

His first two drives were hilariously awful, but he played better as the game went on. The funny thing is that he thought he was playing RT and shadowed Vollmer in protection in the first 2 plays. That's why on one sack, the LB got an untouched sack. It's to be expected though, the guy is an OT, only plays OG when injuries happen. 

A couple of mistakes are going to occur in the early period, but our OL will be pure nasty with him at RG and Conolly back at C. The Pats chose to run to the right for a reason, Vollmer and Cannon equals 6'5 guys with a ton of power(Cannon did 33 reps; one of the best in his draft class). Conolly is more a pass protector than a thug OG like Mankins who'll punch you in the mouth. He's going to be out next week with a concussion, better hope Cannon can acclimate into the RG position quickly cause he's the best we got.

He's not PS eligible either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

It might just be me, but I would rather play Will Svitek at RG over Marcus Cannon if Connolly is down for a game or two. I know they have said that Cannon has the build of a guard, but he may be best as a RT in my opinion. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to patriotzking18's comment:

It might just be me, but I would rather play Will Svitek at RG over Marcus Cannon if Connolly is down for a game or two. I know they have said that Cannon has the build of a guard, but he may be best as a RT in my opinion. 

Svitek is not strong enough to play OG ,he is a pure OT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Svitek is not strong enough to play OG ,he is a pure OT.

If you payed any attention in preseason you have known he played RG & some thought he could have been the starter if the Pats weren't paying Connolly starter money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I went to the pats bengals game and Svitek sat at the end of the bench all by himself the whole game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Overreaction Monday! 

His first two drives were hilariously awful, but he played better as the game went on. The funny thing is that he thought he was playing RT and shadowed Vollmer in protection in the first 2 plays. That's why on one sack, the LB got an untouched sack. It's to be expected though, the guy is an OT, only plays OG when injuries happen. 

A couple of mistakes are going to occur in the early period, but our OL will be pure nasty with him at RG and Conolly back at C. The Pats chose to run to the right for a reason, Vollmer and Cannon equals 6'5 guys with a ton of power(Cannon did 33 reps; one of the best in his draft class). Conolly is more a pass protector than a thug OG like Mankins who'll punch you in the mouth. He's going to be out next week with a concussion, better hope Cannon can acclimate into the RG position quickly cause he's the best we got.

He's not PS eligible either.

Going to have to disagree with you 49--the guy MAY someday become a good NFL lineman-but he gets beat by not being able to square up on the guy across from him - watch the game again and just watch Cannons guard play--constantly allowing his man to slide past him--due to VERY POOR lateral movement--too slow!

Sections
Shortcuts