Cannot Be Made Up (Geno Smith)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Cannot Be Made Up (Geno Smith)

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

While we are piling on our rivals from the south I just noticed they are close to having 22 mil in dead money. Last year the Pat's had close to 20 mil in dead money and went to the AFCCG.

I guess we will get to see how good an orginization the Jet's are this year now won't we.

Saw that. I wonder where Phat Rex is?

I kept telling him it didn't matter to us as much because of how well built this team is from the base on out.

He never got it, nor did some of our resident irrationals.  If your team is built correctly, carrying some dead money, which every team year to year, it's only a big deal if your team is built incorrectly, which we knows the Jets team is.

He was warned as was RKarp and the others who liked what Mike Tannebum was doing.

Right dumbkoff. If you have built a consistently mediocre supporting group around your GOAT it takes quite a jolt to make much of a dent in that mediocrity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Two words:

Ryan Leaf

except that Ryan Leaf was the second pick which helped fuel his entitled mentality.  Smith may actually wind up with the appropriate chip on his shoulder. 

What I am interested in is whether or not his fired agent actually told Smith that he would be the first pick and if so, was it out of fear of being fired or just to stroke Smith.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Two words:

Ryan Leaf

except that Ryan Leaf was the second pick which helped fuel his entitled mentality.  Smith may actually wind up with the appropriate chip on his shoulder. 

What I am interested in is whether or not his fired agent actually told Smith that he would be the first pick and if so, was it out of fear of being fired or just to stroke Smith.  

The agent probably called him a baby and smith got mad.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I actually think Sanchez was better coming out of college. Not by much. 

I'd put it this way. Coming out of college, IMO

Barkley > Locker (TEN) > Sanchez > Smith

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

They would have been better off getting Alex Smith

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

They would have been better off getting Alex Smith

Or trading for Matt Flynn. Even signing Cassel and then trading back from 13 would have been better.

They're on a 5 year plan. CLEARLY. That's not even debatable, so why would you start off by knee jerking a pick of Geno Smith?

Phat Rex is not here right now because he's mortified.  He will try to sneak back in with a new board name, but anyone defending this Jets draft is a moron.

Milliner with talent is fine but he has had 5 surgeries and then you reach in a crappy 1st rd draft followed by a Geno Smith panic pick??

I hate the Jets, but I seriously want to cry mercy and help them at this point.  

No, this is too entertaining. Anyone that would fire their agent for not getting drafted high enough demonstrates two characteristics, incredible ego and incredible stupidity.

What does he think , teams draft on how well the player PR machine works?

Maybe stupidity and ego are the perfect combination to make it  NY..but as was pointed out earlier, the way he was disturbed by not going early enough means he will be a basket case after reading the first NY Post article on him after he throws an int or loses a game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The hilarity of this is Ryan Mallett, is without question the best prospect available in 2013 and they actually use their 2nd rd pick, without trading back from the first, to take Geno Smith. LOL!

My god. If I was a fan of that franchise, I woul literally stop following the team or following the Giants.

It's so bad, no one can figure out how or why they are so bad with this, other than it being Woody Johnson behind it all. 

Woody Johnson is a meddler, no doubt, he may be the reason for much of the stupidity coming out of there.

Kind of think teams in the AFC east would not be considered by the Pats as potential trade partners for Mallett anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think they took the first RB off the board didnt they?  Dalton has all the pieces, he could win the division.   

Yeah, they also have that dynamic Green-Ellis guy. What could Brady do with players like that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Jets deserve this. Why? Perhaps, it goes all the way back to the selection of Joe Namath in the mid 60's. The Jets chose flash over substance. Of course, Broadway Joe is lionized in Jets lore, serving as the icon for the organization, it's lone proud moment. But that moment was never real. Namath was a boozer/womanizer who could not sustain anything beyond that 1 Superbowl boast and win. Yet Namath and the Jets became standbearers for the AFC (AFL) equality with the NFC. 

Was this impulsive, empty myth something to base the whole franchise on? What effect did it have? What karma did it create? Is it what drew a "meddler" like Woody Johnson to buy the team?

The Pats were trying to change their karma at many points but it took the stability of the Krafts and the hiring of solid management/aka Bill Parcells and bringing in a solid QB like Drew Bledsoe to finally ring out the losing energy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think they took the first RB off the board didnt they?  Dalton has all the pieces, he could win the division.   

Yeah, they also have that dynamic Green-Ellis guy. What could Brady do with players like that...

well they did go the super bowl with that fellow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The hilarity of this is Ryan Mallett, is without question the best prospect available in 2013 and they actually use their 2nd rd pick, without trading back from the first, to take Geno Smith. LOL!"

aww c'mon. Even if that is true (about Mallet), no way are the Pats and Jets making a trade. Mallet is NOT available to the Jets.

Still, the Geno Smith situation is without doubt becoming another inept organizational display by the Jets. Rusty was definitely one of the first to predict the Jets complete downfall so credit where credit is due...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Rusty was definitely one of the first to predict the Jets complete downfall so credit where credit is due

[/QUOTE]

Right on! Rusty deserves credit for analyzing the organizational downfall of the Jets due to the cap situation, Sanchez and Tebow fiascos and overall poor management. Also, I think he is right about the success of the Pats 2013 draft and is willing to put himself out there proudly about it.

Russ, you could really lead the way on this board with your contributions and insight if you just toned down the personally insulting remarks toward other posters. Why not give it a try?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Geno Smith had he been drafted by a solid organization would be fine, particularly a West coast offense like SF, Green Bay etc... on the Jests he is in for a beating because they're so dysfunctional and the fan base has zero patience.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Rumor has it, his agent took away his Legos in the green room (for moping too much) and told him he was to march his butt right to bed without a snack and without watching iCarly, when he got home.

This apparently didn't sit too well with him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Rusty was definitely one of the first to predict the Jets complete downfall so credit where credit is due

Right on! Rusty deserves credit for analyzing the organizational downfall of the Jets due to the cap situation, Sanchez and Tebow fiascos and overall poor management. Also, I think he is right about the success of the Pats 2013 draft and is willing to put himself out there proudly about it.

Russ, you could really lead the way on this board with your contributions and insight if you just toned down the personally insulting remarks toward other posters. Why not give it a try?

Who starts with the insults? Pointed out Mt Hurl and Babe starting with me yesterday. Why not speak to them?

We'll see if the Pats draft is successful or not (that's on the draft picks), but I am just pointing out some logic as to why it could be another good yield for BB.

Jets are done for at least 5 years. Phat Rex, Leon, Whodat won't be back.  Them trying to defend the Geno Smith pick would be literally impossible after the Sanchez bust situation alongside everything else.

[/QUOTE]

Zip it bassfisting. You're the troll.

And a couple of dozen people predicted the demise of the jets, myself among them. Anybody with two brain cells knew they backed into the playoffs twice in their AFCCG loss years.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No, no, no. No you didn't, I was talking about them renting Favre in 2008 and trading up for Sanchez as gimmick moves designed to sell PSLs and dupe the fanbase to pay for that new stadium.

I was way, way, way ahead of you and your fellow Jets troll, Phat Rex. Phat Rex couldn't handle my premise, which is why he started following me around.  He didn't like my analysis.

Guess who was right? 

I had it nailed every step of the way, meanwhile, you ignored Tom Brady looking like a deer in the headights, postseason after postseason after postseason.

It's what makes you become unglued, me being many steps ahead of you on all topics.

Enjoy your soup!

^^^ The rantings of a madman.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts