Cannot compare QB' easily

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Cannot compare QB' easily

Flacco played great but one thing...huge difference for a QB having recievers who go out and get the ball when covered and even when tipped can hold onto it.

Do you think Stafford is better than Tanehill? I don't, most of his success is due to having Megatron.

Where would Flacco be with Bradys wides? (I think still good but would never see a SB)

How would Brady be with Boldin? Does he even have the arm to capitalize on Jacoby Jones's speed?

Where do you all come down on this? I draw one conclusion, truly ever being able to know todays rankings and all time rankings of QB's is impossible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Cannot compare QB' easily

i hope the pats get a big physical receiver this offseason, but thats not to say they lost because they didnt have one. brady flat out sucked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i hope the pats get a big physical receiver this offseason, but thats not to say they lost because they didnt have one. brady flat out sucked.

You will bring on the furry with that comment about Brady. However, I am not one of those who will. I tend to agree. And I don't think, scratch that, I am certanin Brady does not have the arm strength for a deep threat. Flacco got lucky just like Eli. Tossing up prayers and getting them answered with great catches. The Ravens really reminded me of the Giants.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Oh, Jeeze.  Does the TB bashing ever end with you?  Nearly all your post today are bashing TB.  Really?

Open your eyes.

Flacco had 4 recievers catch 100% of their passes, 1 had 80%, 1 had 66%, and 1 had 50%.

Tb had, 1 68%, 1 66%, 1 50% and 2 @ 33%.

Would Flacco have won with those  reciever #'s?  The 5 drops?

Were all his passes accurate?  Nope, he had guys that could go up and get them.

Even with all that, they would have lost if his D hadn't made the final goal line stand..

It takes a village.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

It's tough to compare QBs one on one.  Too many factors are invloved in pro football.  This is sort of a tangent to the thread I started earlier today.  They don't ask Flacco to do as much as the Pats ask Brady to do. 

And Brady does have the arm strength to go down the field.  When flacco goes down the field, his targets are WIDE open.  His bomb last night was underthrown by 6 yards and still went for a score.  He tossed a few balls that Boldin just made a play on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Have you ever called Brady elite? I bet you have. How could you call him elite if you can't compare them? You even just said you don't think Stafford is better than Tannehill, but isn't that ranking Tannehill ahead of Stafford?

Don't say this because you're bitter about the Ravens winning.

"Does Brady even have the arm to capitaliza on Jacoby Jones's speed?" Isn't that a testament to Flacco's arm strength?

Also, if you can't compare QBs, how can you compare WRs? Larry Fitz's numbers are down because of his QB play.

You can just watch the game. Yeah, lobbing the ball up to Calvin Johnson is much easier than lobbing it to Hartline.

You can say Boldin jumped up for the passes, but Flacco put Boldin in a position to make the play. That's the QB's job, put it in the playmakers hands. Joe made the throws he needed to and didn't make too many costly mistakes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Oh, Jeeze.  Does the TB bashing ever end with you?  Nearly all your post today are bashing TB.  Really?

Open your eyes.

Flacco had 4 recievers catch 100% of their passes, 1 had 80%, 1 had 66%, and 1 had 50%.

Even with all that, they would have lost if his D hadn't made the final goal line stand..

It takes a village.

According to yahoo it was only 3. Also, it was Ray Rice, Ed Dickson and Vontae Leach...and the most looks any of them had was 4...it's not like he threw 10 bombs to Torrey and he caught them all.

Also, that D gave up 31 points, if it wasn't for Flacco scoring, they would have lost as well. The wide open TD to Jacoby Jones could have been thrown by anyone, yeah, but Flacco made plenty of good throws.

Please, if this was Brady you would have been praising him. But because it's Flacco, you're just going to give the credit to the other 44 players on the active roster.

Flacco made plenty of big plays, as did his receivers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Have you ever called Brady elite? I bet you have. How could you call him elite if you can't compare them? You even just said you don't think Stafford is better than Tannehill, but isn't that ranking Tannehill ahead of Stafford?

Don't say this because you're bitter about the Ravens winning.

"Does Brady even have the arm to capitaliza on Jacoby Jones's speed?" Isn't that a testament to Flacco's arm strength?

Also, if you can't compare QBs, how can you compare WRs? Larry Fitz's numbers are down because of his QB play.

You can just watch the game. Yeah, lobbing the ball up to Calvin Johnson is much easier than lobbing it to Hartline.

You can say Boldin jumped up for the passes, but Flacco put Boldin in a position to make the play. That's the QB's job, put it in the playmakers hands. Joe made the throws he needed to and didn't make too many costly mistakes.

Don't like the elite category, whan did that start anyway? You may be correct on all points you are making except  me caring who won that game and some other things you read into my post that I did not say or intend.

I said I don't think Stafford is better than Tanehill (not Tanehill is better), was using that as an example of two QB's which are more of less on tha same level IMO that are ranked much differently..I think because their weapons. One point I am making is we can make only really gross judgments because their support players are different.

Yes you can rank but I think it has much more error than people tend to think. Put it this way Manning , Brady, Montana might be considered having  middle-of -the-road careers if they came up in another situation.

I do know Brady and Flacco are better than Sanchez..how much better? They would have to trade coaches, systems and support players to really know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Open your eyes.

It takes a village.

According to yahoo it was only 3. Also, it was Ray Rice, Ed Dickson and Vontae Leach...and the most looks any of them had was 4...it's not like he threw 10 bombs to Torrey and he caught them all.

Also, that D gave up 31 points, if it wasn't for Flacco scoring, they would have lost as well. The wide open TD to Jacoby Jones could have been thrown by anyone, yeah, but Flacco made plenty of good throws.

Please, if this was Brady you would have been praising him. But because it's Flacco, you're just going to give the credit to the other 44 players on the active roster.

Flacco made plenty of big plays, as did his receivers.

If it were TB, I would have given the recievers credit too, unfortunately this wasn't the case.

I counted 4 at 100% and although their attempts were limited, they weren't any less limited than Branch, Woody... who only caught 33%. 

You don't think it would have made a difference if Branch, Woody went 6 for 6 or 4 for 4 instead of 2/6 and 2/4?  Terrible!