Cant be Mad at Crumpler..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Re: Cant be Mad at Crumpler..

Love the Crumpler, one drop doesn't make him a goat. He was and is more a Patriot than some who have been here a while.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Cant be Mad at Crumpler..:
    [QUOTE]I know he has been the scapegoat for some, but after watching the behind the scenes footage of him mic'ed , you will see he is the reason we even ketp it close.  I know he dropped one, but he hasnt caught many passes, and has been an excellent blocker.  I put this one on the coaching staff for overthinking and not giving the ball to Gronk in the redzone....Same way they should not have been throwing a screen to BJGE, when Danny is better at that, same way BJGE should have been featured against that dime defense,not little Danny....see the trend there.,..??? Crumpler was the only one in the huddle trying to fire guys up.  HE was the only one who ran down Harris and stopped a pic 6, even tho he might be the slowest offensive player we have.  He was the one who fired up the "D" and told them to get a stop after he tackled Harris.  He stayed positive till the end and was every bit the fiery vet we have come to expect, but he should not have been counted on to offensively win the game....He has been a blocker all year...why change up, when players were playing there role well, when you have the better team, some time you just do what you do, dont change cuz your scared it wont work anymore....once again, dont blame Crump, w/out him, this would have been a laugher...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Them's the breaks. It was just one of a half-dozen plays that doomed the Pats. This was a team loss from the head coach on down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I love Alge Crumpler.  I don't blame him for anything.  The fact that he was targeted as often as he was in this game is because all the other options were covered.  The game was won by the JETS because of their coverage.  Yes, Alge dropped a possible TD but let's remember what he did all year.  I hope he continues to do it next year too.  We have got to get this guy a ring. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He was the guy who CHASED the Jet down after Brady threw the interception.  Saved the touchdown to where the Jets only ended up getting 3 points instead of 7.  His drop was not the reason for the loss. Crump has been solid all season.  He shouldn't be the scapegoat at all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thx for the response, and remember "BradyMossfan" his tackle was very critical, cuz they didnt get 3, they got nothing...Folk missed the chipshot...so he basically took back 7 points, so his drop is irrevelent....he kept the thang close...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Cant be Mad at Crumpler..:
    [QUOTE]He was the guy who CHASED the Jet down after Brady threw the interception.  Saved the touchdown to where the Jets only ended up getting 3 points instead of 7.  His drop was not the reason for the loss. Crump has been solid all season.  He shouldn't be the scapegoat at all.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

The Jets got no points because they missed the field goal. Other than that, you're  absolutely right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Crumplers play was not in any way why the Pats lost. Seeing him run down that pick was crazy! There were plenty of other reasons why the Pats lost that game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Just before that, Brady made a terrible pass, so blame Brady for changing the complexion of the game. If the Past march right down the field and score, that changes the way the Jets play. That was a momentum changer, regardless of what anyone says. Then the dropped TD just added to it. 14-0 and the Jets would have been toast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Just before that, Brady made a terrible pass, so blame Brady for changing the complexion of the game. If the Past march right down the field and score, that changes the way the Jets play. That was a momentum changer, regardless of what anyone says. Then the dropped TD just added to it. 14-0 and the Jets would have been toast.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you and your opinions are the "end all" on the game.

"That was a momentum changer, regardless of what anyone says."

LMFAO!  If you believe Crumpler's dropped TD pas had no bering, then you know less about the game than you think yu do. Fact is if you give up no points when some are imminently expected (at least 3 via a FG), and you march down the field and get 7, that's a 10 point swing. It would have been much better if Brady didn't throw the INT on a screen pass, of all things. But, an opening drive TD doesn't cause any team to crawl into a hole, change their game plan, of toss in the white towel. Any time you take 7 points off the board, at any time of the game, is not a good thing.  But an opening drive INT as a "momentum breaker"? PUHLEESE!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

AZPat, I think he's right that if the Pats scored TD's on both those initial series like it looked they would and the score was 14-0 in the 1st and given the Jets attitudes I do believe they would have imploded, as they did in the December game. That's how the Jets were all year. When they get smacked in the mouth quickly after stroking their own ego and trash talking all week they tend to implode. It's when you let them keep it close or they have a lead going into the half that they tend to have their best games. 

Now with that said Crump dropping the TD had as much to do with the lose as Brady throwing that int on the opening drive or Chung mishandling the fake punt. It was just one more missed opportunity on a day which the entire team didn't perform up to their capability. Crump didn't cost us the game the entire team from players to coaches not executing cost us the game.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cant be Mad at Crumpler.. : Absolutely!!  The Patriots didn't lose this game because algae dropped to the ball, they didn't lose this game because Brady through an Int when welker was benched, they didn't lose this game because the D had no pass rush, they didn't lose this game because the O.C. didn't make adjustments.  They lost the game for other reasons, reasons unknown.
    Posted by DontQuestionBB[/QUOTE]

you're a genius Gump. You should be general of the Rex Ryan fan page.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Love the Crump!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I'm mad because other receivers couldn't get open not because the guy open dropped a pass. When you have a west coast style offense it's a short field and this is what can happen, another reason to develop/find someone to stretch things.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

Anyone else hope we pick up another Veteran this offseason that has the same fire that Crumpler has?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cant be Mad at Crumpler.. : The Jets got no points because they missed the field goal. Other than that, you're  absolutely right.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for correcting me, thats right the kicker missed.  Sorry, I have tried to put the game out of my mind.

I think it was the interception that set the tone of the game.  They were driving and then bam, the unthinkable happened. It was a really out of character pass for Tom to throw too, just strange.  Had the Pats not had the int and scored a TD on that drive it would have been a different ball game, imo.

Just seeing Alge come accross the screen and catch that player, my jaw dropped. The guy is a stud, dropped ball or not. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

Alge is a leader on this team. A solid vet presence. We need more like him. Considering he made the tackle on the INT shows how much heart he has.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

BB sure likes him :
    He's very professional. Alge's really smart. He's into football. He works hard at it. He has a great presence. He's one of those guys that just seems like he always does the right thing no matter what the situation is. Whether it's in a game, in practice, in a meeting, in a walk through, whether it's a decision on the play, whether it's the way his demeanor is at that particular time, he knows when to smile, he knows when to be serious, he knows when to [step up], when to back off, when to gear it up, when to say and do the right thing. He's constantly helping his teammates and making reminders to them or telling them what to do to help them work off of him and so forth. I guess I think the best way I can put it is it seems like he always does the right thing no matter what the situation is. On or off the field, in the locker room, meetings, practice, it just seems like he always does the right thing.

Chris Johnson most likely missed his blocking this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

No one was really mad at Crumpler.  As long as the guy keeps hustling it's all good.

I live outside of NE and was only able to see 4-5 Pats games, and that was the first one I've seen where Crumpler was thrown to twice.  I don't even think I've seen one ball thrown to him.

In Response to Cant be Mad at Crumpler..:
    [QUOTE]I know he has been the scapegoat for some, but after watching the behind the scenes footage of him mic'ed , you will see he is the reason we even ketp it close.  I know he dropped one, but he hasnt caught many passes, and has been an excellent blocker.  I put this one on the coaching staff for overthinking and not giving the ball to Gronk in the redzone....Same way they should not have been throwing a screen to BJGE, when Danny is better at that, same way BJGE should have been featured against that dime defense,not little Danny....see the trend there.,..??? Crumpler was the only one in the huddle trying to fire guys up.  HE was the only one who ran down Harris and stopped a pic 6, even tho he might be the slowest offensive player we have.  He was the one who fired up the "D" and told them to get a stop after he tackled Harris.  He stayed positive till the end and was every bit the fiery vet we have come to expect, but he should not have been counted on to offensively win the game....He has been a blocker all year...why change up, when players were playing there role well, when you have the better team, some time you just do what you do, dont change cuz your scared it wont work anymore....once again, dont blame Crump, w/out him, this would have been a laugher...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I wonder just how much Crumpler had to do with the combined 87 catches out of the rookie TE's.

It doesn't go as deep, but it was like watching Wake give up the HR in 03. It should have never come down to that, that's not the situation he's here for. Unfortunate, but not Crump's fault.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I also can't blame Crumpler for dropping the ball in the endzone, especially since he's such an nice guy.  I'd Hate for the Pats to have a jerk of a player that can catch!
    Posted by DontQuestionBB[/QUOTE]

Oh, look, you are soooooooooooo brave.  Taking shots behind your little account.  I'm still here, Doctor.    

Sections
Shortcuts