Can't Miss Prospect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Can't Miss Prospect?

This is a shout out to Tex, Zbellino, MVP Killa,Moseffect,Harleyroadking,Pats7393,KyleCleric, and all the other great Bloggers in Patriot Nation. Mike Mayock picked Jerod Mayo as his Can't Miss Prospect last Year. This year he say's AYERS from Tenn. Why has there been so little mention from anyone in this Forum on trading up to get Robert Ayers.BB and Mayock seem to have a good relationship,Mutual Respect.Mayo and Ayers back to back would be great. Everyone in here loves Rey M or Darius Butler or Clay Mathews or Larry English. If Ayers gets by Buffalo at 11 or Denver at 12, How many of you would be dissapointed in BB to move up and give the #23 and #34 or #47 to grab Ayers. I love this kids Total Game and would be thrilled to get him. Awaiting your view on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Can't Miss Prospect?

I'm hoping they trade out of the first round as I don't really see any one player worth moving up for with the possible exception of Raji...All the rest of the first rounders seem to be equal in talent.I would rather see them trade #23 and #58 to Detroit for #33,#65,their 5th round pick and their #1 next year, if there is one team that needs to trade back into the first round its the lowly Lions,also they need to improve this year as the economy is not very promising in the Detroit metropolitan area.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

Ive been talking about this guy for a while and he looks like he could be a beast at OLB for us. I think BB has picked Mayo's brain for info on him! But yeh, i would be chuffed to get him but not if we have to trade all of those top 2nd rnders. I want to get more quality players wiht those picks rather than one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think #23 and #47 should get it done.  

Then draft

#34 Jarron Gilbert
    #58 Patrick Chung
    #89 Gerald Cadogan
    #97 Jasper Brinkley
    #124 Rames Barden
    #170 Coye Francies
    #199 Andy Kemp
    #207 Stephen McGee
    #234 Devin Moore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jumping up to get one great player precludes an awful lot of fun options later.  BB has a long list of who's hot and who would be a bargain if he dropped.  Next we have Norv of San Diego who wants to trade his 2010 second rounder away for...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Bill I trust!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This is the beauty of the NFL draft. The Pats may not need to move up to get Ayers. Mike Reiss had Ayers available at 23 in the writers' mock from yesterday. What I love about this draft is that, although there don't appear do be a plethora (Si', El Guapo . . .  you have a plethora) of "can't miss" prospects -- there does appear to be quality depth at key positions and the Pats have an embarassing treasure trove of picks in the coveted range.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Can't miss prospect ? Yet another phrase to add to the draft day drinking game. I like Ayers at OLB, alot. Great speed and agility. Comes from a good prgram and tough conference. Glad to see he got the invite. For the recrod, there have been many can't miss prospects that did miss (Keith Mc Cants et al).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

How to Get Rich in the 21st Century:  Part One

Invent and market a meter that accurately measures "upside."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I won't lie, Ayers is not my boy.

Usually I can understand hype, but I have watched the Vols (I usually do) and he isn't a terrifying player at the NCAA level, so I wonder why mock drafters rank him so high.

On the plus side, he can do a little of everything set and edge, rush, etc, and looked good in the senior bowl and his drills, but it is rare that players like him move on to become truly disruptive at the NFL level.

Personally, I think 23 is too early for him. Forget about trading up.

I think that the "can't miss" has to do with the fact that he is a safe multi-tool kind of guy with NFL size, as opposed to being an endorsement of him being a playmaker in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Jumping up to get one great player precludes an awful lot of fun options later.  BB has a long list of who's hot and who would be a bargain if he dropped.  Next we have Norv of San Diego who wants to trade his 2010 second rounder away for...
    Posted by Paul_K

Next we have Norv in the playoffs, while you sit on the couch, again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Be careful with the term "Can't miss" when it comes to Football Prospects.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Enough said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Next we have Norv in the playoffs, while you sit on the couch, again. 
    Posted by jbolted

It's not even draft day yet and you're here making predictions? Haven't you been predicting the Chargers to win the Super Bowl since 2006? Yet they remain without even an appearance. Yes, they can knock the Colts out of the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions be able to do that (were they in the same conference). I would first worry about winning your division. That cannot stay as weak as it was. Denver and KC have new coaches and QBs. SD only beat the 2-14 Chiefs by one point both games in 08. You better hope Merriman comes back 100%. We'll discuss playoff matchups in December!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I would like to see him in Buffalo. The Peters trade threw me off my mock in regards to Ayers. In any case, I don't like Ayers in the 3-4 for us. He's too similar to AD in our system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't know how much to put on this article but it does raise some questions to me whether we would need to trade up to get him if BB wants him.  They guy has great upside but not the elite pass rusher we need.  I think if we give a draft pick to move up we need to get a guy that is a proven pass rusher and faster than 4.80 off the edge.

http://nfldraftu.net/2009/04/my-argument-against-robert-ayers.html

Personally I would like if we are moving up to pickup Everette Brown.  He is probably the top pass rusher IMO.  The concern with him is his ability to drop into coverage but I think he can come into the system and learn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ayers will be there at 23 there will be no need to move up and get him. I would be thrilled if we drafted him at 23

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ayers will be there at 23 there will be no need to move up and get him. I would be thrilled if we drafted him at 23
    Posted by MVPkilla

My only reservation with him is his 40 time, there are guys with same talent that ran faster than him.  He'll need some speed when he needs to cover TEs and RBs.

He's still a great talent and I'm sure if BB has him on his sights he'll be a Patriot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The 40 time is overrated. wes Welker runs a sh*t 40 as well but his game speed is better then 90% of the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

People's opinions on Ayers seem to vary.  I've seen him anywhere from a borderline top 10 pick to a guy picked in the last part of the 1st.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The 40 time is overrated. wes Welker runs a sh*t 40 as well but his game speed is better then 90% of the league.
    Posted by MVPkilla

might be but a 4.80 is still a 4.80, not good compared to guys with similar skills that run a 4.65 or faster that's all I'm trying to say.  That 40 time might be the difference between Ayers and Brown, similar guys different 40s.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In reality a can't miss prospect for the entire draft is impossible to predict.  One could make the argument that David Carr could have panned out if he had gone to a team with protection - instead he got sacked all the time and developed bad habits as a defense mechanism.

A can't miss prospect only works for a team that is will, or capable of, providing cultivating resources around himso that he can grow into the best player possible.

The only can't miss prospects would be linemen in my opinion.  You're essentially operating as part of a unit but you don't need to rely on anyone else in your matchup if you're a dominating player.  QB's need receivers who need QB's who need protection just like Running Backs.  Defensive Secondary players can be entirely avoided if the corner opposite them is weak.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I know there's going to be a lot of protest to this one, I know the Patriots have not yet contacted James Laurinaitis but I truly believe it's a smoke screen.

There's more tape on him than anyone else on the draft, too much tape that he is not been looked at for the weaknesses and not strengths.  I think this is a guy that you know what you get already so for that I think it's a can't miss prospect.

I know all the talk about Ohio LBs but this guy will be good.  Here's a good report on JL and why his stock seems to have gone down.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/858071.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would be ok with taking JL in round 2

Sections
Shortcuts