Cap Hell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Cap Hell

I'd like to list all the teams that rusty has said were in "cap hell"...

Buffalo after they signed Mario Williams...hell for years

The Giants

The Ravens

The Cowboys

Detroit, it's why we are going to trade for Suh! Because they just can't keep him because of salary cap hell.

Miami after they signed Wallace

Chicago--just gained 10 million by releasing a 34 year old washed up end

Oakland---they over payed for Seymore and will be in hell for years and years and years - yet they were 60 million under the cap a month ago.

Redskins--Wild spenders!! Yet they walked into free agency 30 million under the cap.

Philly--wild, dumb spenders.....20 million under a month ago.

Denver--20 million under a month ago...signed everyone but Jesus Christ this off season.

Jets--30 million under the cap this year...

Colts--they were suppossed to be in hell for years! Everything is normal now.

Seattle--won the Super Bowl, spent wildly, over payed players

Tampa

Panthers

Pittsburgh

KC

Cardinals--We were going to get Fitzgerald because they spent wildly

San Diego

Texans (on the edge of hell)

Saints--weren't going to sniff the playoffs because of hell..were in them last year

Rams

So by my count the only teams he doesn't think are in "salary cap hell" are the Bengals, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, Falcons, 49ers, Browns and Titans. Am I forgetting anyone? Four of those teams didn't make the playoffs last year and the Packers won 8 games.

I find it interesting that at least four teams that he said were in "salary cap hell" walked into free agency with 25 million plus to spend in free agency. I also find it interesting that there were 22 teams that had more salary cap space than us heading into free agency, yet it didn't stop us from signing good players once we realized Denver wasn't going to sit there and do nothing this off season.

Tonight rusty tried to tell me "salary cap hell" was not about salary cap money (money under the cap), but about losing. Which I found laughable because for the past four years every time any team signed a good/expensive player he yelled...salary cap hell! Salary cap hell!!! But now that we are doing the same thing he says nothing. He now is saying the teams that are 30 million under the cap are the teams in salary cap hell (he is, I'm serious). This stuff just can't be made up! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Cap Hell

We heard all about Denver's cap hell last summer when they released Elvis Dumervil.  It was non-stop cap hell ha ha Denver you suck.

To challenge the notion, this off-season I offered a bet.  If cap hell is so awful, it's probably going to hurt a team's success.  I bet that Denver would win at least 11 games.  Now, if cap hell exists and is awful (hell is awful, right?), no way could a team in cap hell win 11 games.

Despite all of his manure about it, Rusty refused to take the bet. 

Cap hell and the Tommy Kelly Fiasco.  If I was so incredibly boisterous AND wrong, I'd never post here again.  What an embarrassing display of ignorance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to list all the teams that rusty has said were in "cap hell"...

Buffalo after they signed Mario Williams...hell for years

The Giants

The Ravens

The Cowboys

Detroit, it's why we are going to trade for Suh! Because they just can't keep him because of salary cap hell.

Miami after they signed Wallace

Chicago--just gained 10 million by releasing a 34 year old washed up end

Oakland---they over payed for Seymore and will be in hell for years and years and years - yet they were 60 million under the cap a month ago.

Redskins--Wild spenders!! Yet they walked into free agency 30 million under the cap.

Philly--wild, dumb spenders.....20 million under a month ago.

Denver--20 million under a month ago...signed everyone but Jesus Christ this off season.

Jets--30 million under the cap this year...

Colts--they were suppossed to be in hell for years! Everything is normal now.

Seattle--won the Super Bowl, spent wildly, over payed players

Tampa

Panthers

Pittsburgh

KC

Cardinals--We were going to get Fitzgerald because they spent wildly

San Diego

Texans (on the edge of hell)

Saints--weren't going to sniff the playoffs because of hell..were in them last year

Rams

So by my count the only teams he doesn't think are in "salary cap hell" are the Bengals, Vikings, Packers, Patriots, Falcons, 49ers, Browns and Titans. Am I forgetting anyone? Four of those teams didn't make the playoffs last year and the Packers won 8 games.

I find it interesting that at least four teams that he said were in "salary cap hell" walked into free agency with 25 million plus to spend in free agency. I also find it interesting that there were 22 teams that had more salary cap space than us heading into free agency, yet it didn't stop us from signing good players once we realized Denver wasn't going to sit there and do nothing this off season.

Tonight rusty tried to tell me "salary cap hell" was not about salary cap money (money under the cap), but about losing. Which I found laughable because for the past four years every time any team signed a good/expensive player he yelled...salary cap hell! Salary cap hell!!! But now that we are doing the same thing he says nothing. He now is saying the teams that are 30 million under the cap are the teams in salary cap hell (he is, I'm serious). This stuff just can't be made up! 

[/QUOTE]

oh yes my Giants were in horrendous irreparable shape cap wise- that's why they have signed or resigned all the players they did this week

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This joke got stale...fast. -_-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This joke got stale...fast. -_-

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in Cap Hell having to read more threads about Cap Hell. 

It's like UFOs, crop circles and chemtrails, some people believe in 'em and some aint.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Forget about cap hell.

Rusty, tell me your thoughts about BB adding Revis.

I read in another how you wrote BB added two elite cornerbacks. Did you mean Revis?

Can you tell me Rusty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forget about cap hell.

I read in another how you wrote BB added two elite cornerbacks. Did you mean Revis?

Can you tell me Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

He can't have meant Revis.  According to him, Revis is done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Forget about cap hell.

Can you tell me Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

He can't have meant Revis.  According to him, Revis is done.

[/QUOTE]

true... McCourty is better and Revis is the "most overrated" player in the NFL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well, let's see.  The Saints have to find 6mil to sign there draft picks.  The Steelers and Lions have to find 4mil.  The Chargers, Giants and 49er's have to find 3mil.  The Cowboys are okay today but next year Romo counts about 28mil against the cap.  Have fun with that one.  Not to mention the starters they lost on defense.  The Cowboys are going to be terrible.  They will let Austin go after the draft and save about 6mil which will help them next year.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Salary cap problems exist in the NFL.  Rusty just uses the term Cap Hell way too liberally.  Everyone already knows this.  Did this need it's own thread?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Cap discomfort." 

A much more accurate phrase for the vast majority of the situations that have been cited.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I used to collect caps.  After a while, its like collecting cats, cause pretty soon you find you have too many of them and it becomes like the twilight zone and you find yourself in CAP HELL, or as I call it A CAPELLA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salary cap problems exist in the NFL.  Rusty just uses the term Cap Hell way too liberally.  Everyone already knows this.  Did this need it's own thread?

[/QUOTE]

There can never be enough threads calling this dope to the carpet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, let's see.  The Saints have to find 6mil to sign there draft picks.  The Steelers and Lions have to find 4mil.  The Chargers, Giants and 49er's have to find 3mil.  The Cowboys are okay today but next year Romo counts about 28mil against the cap.  Have fun with that one.  Not to mention the starters they lost on defense.  The Cowboys are going to be terrible.  They will let Austin go after the draft and save about 6mil which will help them next year.  

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the 49ers are in cap hell? Does that mean now...before free agency began, or next year? I find the whole thing rather fluid to be honest - take the Radiers for example - they were in "cap hell" last year (I heard), but heading onto this free agency year they found themselves 60 million UNDER the cap. Interesting, no?

And the Coboys are ok? I heard out of all the teams they were in the deepest levels of "cap hell".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^You're very dumb.

That is all.

It's all above you. 

[/QUOTE]

You're clueless and a daily embarrassment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But, they're in denial of such a fact even existing.  It's not up to them to tell me or anyone how much or when  to apply such a term as cap hell.

The morons in the Mt Hurl camp never went to college, so they have no idea what it means to budget for anything.  They're either children, morons or adults who literally took no business classes at the college level.

Anyone who looks at adult matters in such simplistic black and white terms like that, clearly features a lower IQ.  There is just no debate anymore.

They're flat out dumb people.  WHat makes it uncomfortable to watch is how they promote this superiority over the more intelligent people like yourself or me.

THey think the cap came into existence in 1993 for no reason whatsoever because that kind of childlike thinking is easier for them to comprehend.

[/QUOTE]

It's funny how you speak of "budgets", yet have no idea of what your net worth is when I asked you a month ago. And you speak of business, yet fail to realize that NFL business is like virtual no other business in the world. And you also seem to forget that these teams are run by people much smarter than you - who have achieved something in their life - and are payed to manage their salary caps. It looks like most of them are doing a good job seeing how 22 of them went into free agency at least 10 million under the cap.

Don't get upset that you lost this salary cap debate years ago, you can always run around lying about your IQ. LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sorry, wouldn't let me post a picture...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the 49ers are in cap hell? Does that mean now...before free agency began, or next year? I find the whole thing rather fluid to be honest - take the Radiers for example - they were in "cap hell" last year (I heard), but heading onto this free agency year they found themselves 60 million UNDER the cap. Interesting, no?

And the Coboys are ok? I heard out of all the teams they were in the deepest levels of "cap hell".

[/QUOTE]

I guess I've got to know from you what happened to Dallas, Pitt and NYG is?   When you lose guys on defense like Dallas and Pittsburgh have you are not going to the playoffs any time soon.    The Giants had to make some tough choices.  They aren't going to see the playoffs for a while.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Forget about cap hell.

Can you tell me Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

I've already shared my comments on Revis, moron. And, guess what, it was very similar to my comments on why BB knew Edelman would be back while BB had the leverage.

See, I was right again. I was only wrong about a drunken Elway signing Talib to one of the worst contracts for a CB in NFL history. Whoops. Shame on me for not realizing Elway has completely it.

lol

As for Revis, maybe he's healthier than last year. We'll see. I still think Richard Sherman, Haden or Patrick Peterson are as good as he is. As is Talib for that matter. Talib's problems are his health.  Revis will have a LOT to prove in a Pats uni. This ain't the Jets or TB.   There will be no whining about playing zone or playing contract games here, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to prove to me he's healthier than last year where he just wasn't as good as people claim, and that he can genuinely care about winning instead of saying that and lying about it.  He's NEVER been about winning. He's always been about Mevis.

But, if you were to tell me that Revis would take less to go for a ring here, I'd say welcome aboard, especially for only 1 year. I said this the night BB signed him and pulled the wool over Elway's eyes and kicked him in the nuts. 

BB is a master at working the market and letting the chips fall, and he just did it again.

As I predicted, the CB market would be flooded which would bring the price down. It did with even Revis.

Talib's situations is the outlier deal.

Enjoy being angry that BB is the best GM in the business and has been for years. I know it drives you little tools nuts.

[/QUOTE]

What about all those posts about Revis being done? Overrated? Does that change becuase he is here now? Sounds like a those wheels are going in reverse now that your boy BB brought him here.

Even though you've been banned 21 plus times, I'm sure those comments exist in other posters replies.

You make it so easy to beat you. Your post so many dumb comments you just continue to paint yourself into a corner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Cap discomfort." 

A much more accurate phrase for the vast majority of the situations that have been cited.

[/QUOTE]

Or possibly "Cap Indigestion" LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

"can't have meant"?  I want to see your college degree, which is something you probably cannot provide the board.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

That is proper grammar, you fool.

Jesus, you just can't get anything right.

Cap hell, Revis, Sudfeld, The Tommy Kelly Fiasco...and now we're adding English to the mix?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"can't have meant"?  I want to see your college degree, which is something you probably cannot provide the board.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

That is proper grammar, you fool.

Jesus, you just can't get anything right.

Cap hell, Revis, Sudfeld, The Tommy Kelly Fiasco...and now we're adding English to the mix?

[/QUOTE]

How's that GED class coming?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I've got to know from you what happened to Dallas, Pitt and NYG is?   When you lose guys on defense like Dallas and Pittsburgh have you are not going to the playoffs any time soon.    The Giants had to make some tough choices.  They aren't going to see the playoffs for a while.

[/QUOTE]

Could you mail me the decoder ring so I can understand what you are trying to say in this sentence?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You guys make fun of Russ, but he's right.  GM's are going to have to keep pushing things out, which will make things hard and harder.  Yes teams will keep some big time players or even add them, but little by little - they lose out on flexibility and have tougher decisions to make as the years go on.  It doesn't mean they cannot do a thing, but they will feel ramifactions from the contracts they dish out. 

Jerricho Cotchery's deal with the Panthers is for five years and $8.015 million.

The deal includes a $2.25 million signing bonus, and pays Cotchery a total of $3.5 million in 2014. The final three years are "voidable," and exist for the sole purpose of spreading out Cotchery's cap hit. It's an indication of how truly dire Carolina's cap situation is. For the moment, Cotchery is Cam Newton's No. 1 receiver.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

You guys make fun of Russ, but he's right.  GM's are going to have to keep pushing things out, which will make things hard and harder.  Yes teams will keep some big time players or even add them, but little by little - they lose out on flexibility and have tougher decisions to make as the years go on.  It doesn't mean they cannot do a thing, but they will feel ramifactions from the contracts they dish out. 

Jerricho Cotchery's deal with the Panthers is for five years and $8.015 million.

The deal includes a $2.25 million signing bonus, and pays Cotchery a total of $3.5 million in 2014. The final three years are "voidable," and exist for the sole purpose of spreading out Cotchery's cap hit. It's an indication of how truly dire Carolina's cap situation is. For the moment, Cotchery is Cam Newton's No. 1 receiver.

We do know that, as of yesterday, Carolina and the Pats had very similar amounts of cap space, both around 6.4 million.

Sections
Shortcuts