Cap Hell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Cap Hell

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys make fun of Russ, but he's right.  GM's are going to have to keep pushing things out, which will make things hard and harder.  Yes teams will keep some big time players or even add them, but little by little - they lose out on flexibility and have tougher decisions to make as the years go on.  It doesn't mean they cannot do a thing, but they will feel ramifactions from the contracts they dish out. 

Jerricho Cotchery's deal with the Panthers is for five years and $8.015 million.

The deal includes a $2.25 million signing bonus, and pays Cotchery a total of $3.5 million in 2014. The final three years are "voidable," and exist for the sole purpose of spreading out Cotchery's cap hit. It's an indication of how truly dire Carolina's cap situation is. For the moment, Cotchery is Cam Newton's No. 1 receiver.

[/QUOTE]

We do know that, as of yesterday, Carolina and the Pats had very similar amounts of cap space, both around 6.4 million.

[/QUOTE]

And....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"can't have meant"?  I want to see your college degree, which is something you probably cannot provide the board.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

That is proper grammar, you fool.

Jesus, you just can't get anything right.

Cap hell, Revis, Sudfeld, The Tommy Kelly Fiasco...and now we're adding English to the mix?

[/QUOTE]

How's that GED class coming?

[/QUOTE]

lol

He actually thinks his grammar is correct. Absolutely priceless. He struggles with the present and past tense, apparently. It's why he thinks Jacobs taking the Bruins fans for a ride for 35 years never even happened in his mind.

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

You think that's funny?..Today I asked "TURD-MAN", aka TSWFAN, what online college he got his "physics" associates degree from...no response...I guess that means Phoenix...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Forget about cap hell.

Rusty, tell me your thoughts about BB adding Revis.

I read in another how you wrote BB added two elite cornerbacks. Did you mean Revis?

Can you tell me Rusty?

[/QUOTE]

I've already shared my comments on Revis, moron. And, guess what, it was very similar to my comments on why BB knew Edelman would be back while BB had the leverage.

See, I was right again. I was only wrong about a drunken Elway signing Talib to one of the worst contracts for a CB in NFL history. Whoops. Shame on me for not realizing Elway has completely it.

lol

As for Revis, maybe he's healthier than last year. We'll see. I still think Richard Sherman, Haden or Patrick Peterson are as good as he is. As is Talib for that matter. Talib's problems are his health.  Revis will have a LOT to prove in a Pats uni. This ain't the Jets or TB.   There will be no whining about playing zone or playing contract games here, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to prove to me he's healthier than last year where he just wasn't as good as people claim, and that he can genuinely care about winning instead of saying that and lying about it.  He's NEVER been about winning. He's always been about Mevis.

But, if you were to tell me that Revis would take less to go for a ring here, I'd say welcome aboard, especially for only 1 year. I said this the night BB signed him and pulled the wool over Elway's eyes and kicked him in the nuts. 

BB is a master at working the market and letting the chips fall, and he just did it again.

As I predicted, the CB market would be flooded which would bring the price down. It did with even Revis.

Talib's situations is the outlier deal.

Enjoy being angry that BB is the best GM in the business and has been for years. I know it drives you little tools nuts.

[/QUOTE]

What about all those posts about Revis being done? Overrated? Does that change becuase he is here now? Sounds like a those wheels are going in reverse now that your boy BB brought him here.

Even though you've been banned 21 plus times, I'm sure those comments exist in other posters replies.

You make it so easy to beat you. Your post so many dumb comments you just continue to paint yourself into a corner.

[/QUOTE]

I never said he was done, so you're lying. I said he wouldn't be the same as he was earlier in his career (2009 was his peak year), which, if you by last year, that's correct analysis.

Like I said above, Gladys, Revis has a LOT TO PROVE here.  I have no choice but to root for him now, obviously, but you're a moron if you think his selfish primadonna behavior years earlier would have worked in NE, trying to actually win as a team.

My predicition is, he will be so bowled over by BB and the way he runs things here, Revis will sign a very reasonable extension for about 3 more seasons. 

I've always said, when BB puts the onus on the player, it usually works out. That is exactly what has happened.   BB let he market come to him and Revis will be trialed out here for one season. Well worth the look.

Your anger of this is delicious.   How does it feel to have mental issues? lmao

[/QUOTE]

Another Bruins clown who regurgitates the stuff he sees Bustchise write....if you weren't here to hate, he'd be doing drive bys on poor black kids on Blue Hill Ave. in  Dorchester while wearing his Bruins colors...

Watch...he'll respond with "Oh YEAH!!!...I'll beatchainnahead!!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"can't have meant"?  I want to see your college degree, which is something you probably cannot provide the board.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

Cap hell, Revis, Sudfeld, The Tommy Kelly Fiasco...and now we're adding English to the mix?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

He actually thinks his grammar is correct. Absolutely priceless. He struggles with the present and past tense, apparently. It's why he thinks Jacobs taking the Bruins fans for a ride for 35 years never even happened in his mind.

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

You think that's funny?..Today I asked "TURD-MAN", aka TSWFAN, what online college he got his "physics" associates degree from...no response...I guess that means Phoenix...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well, that doesn't surprise me.  He and Mt Hurl are two who clearly did not attend any kind of college.

Mt Hurl still writes "could of" instead of "could have" in here all the time.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

Travis Bean....Are you the TURD aka Deadhead aka Rusty??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Well, that doesn't surprise me.  He and Mt Hurl are two who clearly did not attend any kind of college.

Mt Hurl still writes "could of" instead of "could have" in here all the time.  lmao

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TTTTTTUUUUURRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

It's what's on his degree from Phoenix...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

SMELLY ...You have a Stench about you...LWL.

Degree in Physics from one of the USA's finest Military schools.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's what's on his degree from Phoenix...

[/QUOTE]

SMELLY [LWL] ..... you have a STENCH about you that permeates this Board

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You guys make fun of Russ, but he's right.  GM's are going to have to keep pushing things out, which will make things hard and harder.  Yes teams will keep some big time players or even add them, but little by little - they lose out on flexibility and have tougher decisions to make as the years go on.  It doesn't mean they cannot do a thing, but they will feel ramifactions from the contracts they dish out. 

Jerricho Cotchery's deal with the Panthers is for five years and $8.015 million.

The deal includes a $2.25 million signing bonus, and pays Cotchery a total of $3.5 million in 2014. The final three years are "voidable," and exist for the sole purpose of spreading out Cotchery's cap hit. It's an indication of how truly dire Carolina's cap situation is. For the moment, Cotchery is Cam Newton's No. 1 receiver.

[/QUOTE]

We do know that, as of yesterday, Carolina and the Pats had very similar amounts of cap space, both around 6.4 million.

[/QUOTE]

And....

[/QUOTE]

So are the Pats in a dire situation too?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah and Carolina still needs a whole new set of WRs, some CBs and OL help. cant have 5th, 6th, 7th rounders being starters if you wanna repeat as champs.

we have brought in Revis, BB, Givens 2.0 and resigned edelman. just need to draft for depth now not starters like Carolina.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol

bawhhahah

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

SMELLY ...You have a Stench about you...LWL.

Degree in Physics from one of the USA's finest Military schools.

[/QUOTE]

You have a degree in

BTW...there are only three that are any good...and we all know which ones those are...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

^You're very dumb.

That is all.

It's all above you. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey did you  heck out all of irsays cool guitars?  Stephen Stills says he's not bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And....

[/QUOTE]

So are the Pats in a dire situation too?  

[/QUOTE]

Our base is here, most players are all under contract at once, we just acquired Revis and Browner, while Carolina lost 3 WRs, two starting DBs and their LT just retired.

Umm, I'd say our team is built a lot better than theirs is with similar cap space left entering the draft, Prolate.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, they're solid at all positions except WR, DB, and LT.  Pats need a center, DTs, a TE, and maybe another WR.  Really not all that different.  But sure, believe whatever nonsense you want.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^You're very dumb.

That is all.

It's all above you. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey did you  heck out all of irsays cool guitars?  Stephen Stills says he's not bad.

[/QUOTE]

Stephen Stills is also known as a jerk.

Stephen Stills is a cokehead.

Yes, I did look at his guitars. Too bad he can't play them or appreciate them.

Please do not try to talk music or guitars with me either. You're way out of your league. Stick to tiddlywinks and Gomer blow up dolls, please.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!  hey at least kraft and belI chick have hair band fav Bon jovi.  Lol!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Irsay has a number of Beatles guitars that I am sure his pal mellencamp loves.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Umm, they're solid at all positions except WR, DB, and LT.  Pats need a center, DTs, a TE, and maybe another WR.  Really not all that different.  But sure, believe whatever nonsense you want.  

[/QUOTE]

exactly Pro they need a whole set of WRs, another LT and set of DBs.

cant find 5 starters in one draft and win 12 games again.

they have alot bigger holes.

we need depth at TE, use early pick on C, depth at DT and a depth WR. depth not starters. Carolina is looking for starters

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly Pro they need a whole set of WRs, another LT and set of DBs.

cant find 5 starters in one draft and win 12 games again.

they have alot bigger holes.

we need depth at TE, use early pick on C, depth at DT and a depth WR. depth not starters. Carolina is looking for starters

[/QUOTE]

Their defense was pretty effective last year even with a mediocre secondary.  They did lose a number of starters in the secondary, but it wasn't a great secondary to begin with.  Their WRs were also on the way down last year.  Looks like they'll do what the Pats did last year . . . hope their rookies work out. 

They're certainly not in perfect shape, but given the quality they have on the D line and at LB, I wouldn't worry too much about their defense as long as they get one more corner.  On offense, they need to shore up the O line and get some WRs, but they'll probably do what the Pats did last year at WR--hope some rookies develop fast. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is Mellencamp aware Irsay is a fraud, crook and right wing nutty? Because Mellencamp does not like people like that.

[/QUOTE]

Explain your rationale for all of these assertions my friend.  Please one at a time.  That would be fraud, crook, right wing nutty.  Looking forward to your informed response-snort.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Gap between Seattle, Carolina is secondary January, 20, 2014 JAN 20 12:45 PM ET By David Newton | ESPN.com CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- We get it. Seattle's  Richard Sherman is the best cornerback in the NFL. He told us so time and time again after Sunday's 23-17 victory over the  San Francisco 49ers put the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. 

And despite his over-the-top postgame comments and classless choke sign, Sherman's tipped pass that turned into a game-clinching interception is the reason Seattle is headed to New York. 

Pay attention, Carolina. That's what you need to get there next season. 

Not the over-the-top stuff. 

Cornerbacks like Sherman. 

Coach Ron Rivera and general manager Dave Gettleman said last week that Seattle and San Francisco were the models for what the Panthers (12-5) had to get to in order to win the NFC. 

[+] EnlargeRon Rivera Streeter Lecka/Getty ImagesRon Rivera knows his secondary is one area that needs improvement heading into next season. They didn't get into specifics, but as you watched the conference championship it became glaring the area Carolina most has to improve to reach the next level is the secondary. 

The Panthers match up well with both teams in the front seven. Their run defense ranked No. 2 in the league, better than the Seahawks (seventh) and 49ers (fourth). They had more regular-season sacks (60) than Seattle (44) and San Francisco (38). 

But where Seattle in particular holds an edge is the secondary. The Seahawks led the league in pass defense and interceptions. As Sherman showed with his clutch play at the end, the "Legion of Boom" is the best in the league. 

Not that Carolina's secondary was bad. The Panthers finished sixth against the pass and fifth in interceptions, which considering injuries and the money spent there was solid. 

But as we saw in the second half of a 23-10 loss to San Francisco in the NFC divisional playoff game, when Anquan Boldin broke free for a 45-yard catch that led to a touchdown and 20-10 lead, there were breakdowns. 

This one happened in part because starting strong safety  Quintin Mikell was injured and there was a communication issue with rookie  Robert Lester

But that wasn't an isolated case. In Carolina's final seven regular-season games, it gave up 25 pass plays of 20-plus yards. To put that in perspective, the offense had 14. 

The Panthers don't have what you would call a shutdown corner as Seattle does with Sherman. As well as  Captain Munnerlyn played this season, he was beaten twice by Miami's  Mike Wallacefor passes of 50-plus yards and would have been beaten a third time had it not been for an overthrow. 

As well as undrafted rookie corner  Melvin White played, much of that had to do with keeping the plays in front of him and taking advantage of help with Carolina's zone coverage. There never was a game in which the coaching staff felt it could relax and say he's got it handled. 

So the secondary has to improve, and has to be addressed because three-fourths of a starting group that was nicknamed the "Legion of Whom" -- Munnerlyn, Mikell and free safety  Mike Mitchell -- is scheduled to become unrestricted free agents. 

Mitchell seems to be a no-brainer to bring back. He brought a level of physicality and attitude to the secondary that Sherman brings to Seattle's. 

The others have to be nervous. 

"We've got to evaluate those guys and see how they fit," Rivera said diplomatically when evaluating the secondary this past season. "I'm very pleased with the way our guys played. We finished ranked very well in pass defense. I know people say, 'Well, you also led the league in sacks.' Yes we did. We also led the league in turnover margin as well. 

"So we did some good things defensively. Some of our guys that played really well were our defensive backs at times. But again we've got to get consistent. We've got a good group of guys. But again we've got to evaluate. That's probably the key word right now, we've got to evaluate." 

In trying to close the gap on Seattle, the Panthers may have to get bigger and more physical in the secondary. The Seahawks average 6-foot-2 and 201 pounds at the corners. The Panthers average 5-10 1/2 and 200. 

It's hard to imagine the 6-3 Sherman getting his hand on the pass to  Michael Crabtree in the end zone had he been 5-8 like Munnerlyn. 

Overall, Seattle's secondary averages 6-1 1/2 and 209 pounds. Carolina's averages 5-10 3/4 and 203 pounds. 

And Seattle is without its other shutdown corner,  Brandon Browner (6-4, 221), who is suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. 

So as Carolina moves forward into the offseason while the Seahawks move on to the Super Bowl, the secondary must be addressed. 

It doesn't have to get outspoken like Sherman. 

It just has to get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is Mellencamp aware Irsay is a fraud, crook and right wing nutty? Because Mellencamp does not like people like that.

[/QUOTE]

Explain your rationale for all of these assertions my friend.  Please one at a time.  That would be fraud, crook, right wing nutty.  Looking forward to your informed response-snort.

[/QUOTE]

Here is a fact on this board for yourself:

I don't have to explain ANYTHING to you. 

[/QUOTE]

Translation:  "You got me UD6."

russ you are a certified fraud.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said he was done, so you're lying. I said he wouldn't be the same as he was earlier in his career (2009 was his peak year), which, if you by last year, that's correct analysis.

Like I said above, Gladys, Revis has a LOT TO PROVE here.  I have no choice but to root for him now, obviously, but you're a moron if you think his selfish primadonna behavior years earlier would have worked in NE, trying to actually win as a team.

My predicition is, he will be so bowled over by BB and the way he runs things here, Revis will sign a very reasonable extension for about 3 more seasons. 

I've always said, when BB puts the onus on the player, it usually works out. That is exactly what has happened.   BB let he market come to him and Revis will be trialed out here for one season. Well worth the look.

[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that Rusty? I've already dug up one post where you called him an "average" corner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that Rusty? I've already dug up one post where you called him an "average" corner.

[/QUOTE]

Why would I call Revis "average"? THat makes no sense.

[/QUOTE]

You said it. You tell me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: The Jets......(A thread of laughs!)

posted at 9/9/2012 8:28 PM EDT

In response to sporter81's comment:

The Jets were lucky today. Their defense was like swiss cheese, the inept fitzpatrick gave them the game. They will run their mouths until they play a real team and get crushed. They act like they won the super bowl today, sanchez still stinks and will be a turnover machine when facing a good defense like the Patriots.

The Bills ran all over them and made big play after big play only to be undone by a few turnovers.  Once again, Stevie Johnson showed that Revis is just an average corner when you throw at him.  If the Bills put up 28, we should put up 40 no problem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks pretty obvious to me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here is a fact on this board for yourself:

I don't have to explain ANYTHING to you. 

[/QUOTE]

Translation:  "You got me UD6."

russ you are a certified fraud.

[/QUOTE]

1. Irsay is a known thumper = Right Wing Nutty

so conservatives are frauds?  Can you prove Irsay is a conservative?

2. His family stole the Colts from Baltimore in a sneaky way = Crook

do you understand the definition of ownership?  do you understand that one cannot steal from one's self?

3. Irsay was arrested for pumping pills after acting self righteously for years = Fraud

show me his self righteousness?  

Underpants = EXPOSED

Russ, for a guy that calls others out for all things related to a lack of education, you demonstrate your naïveté on a daily basis on this board. You proven nothing but your ability to have an opinion which you've already provided.  Show us some actual knowledge by supporting your assertions with real fact.  

we are waiting for you to prove you're intelligence or lack thereof.  Balls in your court.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hahaha, seriously Rusty please don't think I'm as dumb as you.

I have more posts from the screen name to prove it is you.

I own you.