Cap help...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: Cap help...

King- It almost sounds as if you and I agree on something!

Sing along with Leon everybody:Your old QB just aint what he used to be....he aint what he used to be ...he aint what he used to be.

Without Welker Brady's numbers will only go down and the cries of Trade Brady and Fire BB will be resounding loud and clear in here...can't wait!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

C'mon Russ, that is nonsense.

if you can't see the timeline of events, and how it impacted thisbteam, then I am not sure you can be helped.

of course action or non action taken 4-5 years ago affect what bb does in terms of rebuilding the team Today. 

Eng outlined the capital invested to replace Samuel. It's a shame because that capital could have been used in other ways to improve this team.

it is what it is now, but before you go around calling people washers or pink hats , think about where you are on bb and your lack of objectivity in this matter because for whatever reason it doesn't support your belief that bb is the best GM of all time. Even the best make mistakes, but the best are expected to learn from them....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Brady's postseason passer ratings go as follows, from '01 to this most recent season.

2001 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2003 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2004 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2005 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2006 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

------------------------------------------------

2007 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2009 Playoffs: Passer rating of...

2010 Playoffs: Passer rating of...

2011 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2012 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

You claim the transformation started in '07, correct? I'm simply not seeing a big change in his performance from earlier in the decade into these more recent seasons (or '07 forward, as you claim). They were able to win Super Bowls back then when he was having similar performances to what he's having now. That tells me something else has changed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Take a look at Brady's playoff numbers here and decide for yourselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady#2011_postseason

Entry has been updated to include last season's numbers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Rusty's point is that Brady will be much better if BB takes away all his receivers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oops, dreighver.  A little late to the 'Add your post' key on my end.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Whoa! Welker was a binky!! Welker is arguably the most productive player in the League!

With Brady not playing like he used to play(age catches up to us all gang)and no Welker(binky) I don't see the pats being very competitive at all. What position do McDaniels and BB play?

Players play ...coaches coach. You get them mixed up every now and again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Oops, dreighver.  A little late to the 'Add your post' key on my end.

No worries. The more information, the merrier!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

King- All of your posts are commenting on how great Brady was in the past. What makes you think getting rid of Welker will make him better?

I've heard irrational before but this is taking it a little further then you ever have.Is it time to place the king on Ignore?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I think Rusty's point is that Brady will be much better if BB takes away all his receivers. 

No. Take away our one dimensional players with limited skill sets. There is a reason why we lose games with dwarves (Welker and Woodhead) as the key focal points of our offense.

You probably whined like a girl in 2010 when BB dealt Moss. I did cartwheels because I could just see Brady staring him down like a Jay Cutler clone.

Brady then looked the closest he had looked to 2004 the rest of that season.

THAT is my point. Way ocer your head, I know, Prolate.  Keep staring down from the 3rd deck at Gillette and wondering why Brady is a worse QB now than he was pre 2007.

"because you then ignore all the good moves BB made like dealing for Welker or Moss"

So these are guys that don't help teams win SBs and hurt the offense but they were good acquisitions by BB? Gotcha.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No. Take away our one dimensional players with limited skill sets. There is a reason why we lose games with dwarves (Welker and Woodhead) as the key focal points of our offense.

You probably whined like a girl in 2010 when BB dealt Moss. I did cartwheels because I could just see Brady staring him down like a Jay Cutler clone.

THAT is my point. Way ocer your head, I know, Prolate.  Keep staring down from the 3rd deck at Gillette and wondering why Brady is a worse QB now than he was pre 2007.

Just kidding with you Rusty.  I've been arguing for a more diverse receiving corp for years now.  It seems like you're finally coming around.  I see you're calling for a perimeter guy now and arguing that one of Amendola's strengths is his ability to do more outside the hashes.  Nice to see you beginning to understand the subtleties of the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Agreed Capt!- He's all over the map! I don't understand it either.he claims he's a pats fan but always talks about the Jets.

he called Welker a binky. A binky? I'm sure there were a whole bunch of QB's who wish they had a binky like Welker!!

Now Manning has him,who in my opinion has a lot more gas in the tank the Brady does, and we will all see just how great Welker can make an already great QB look.

Just 2 million bucks was all it took to keep the binky...yikes!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

"because you then ignore all the good moves BB made like dealing for Welker or Moss"

So these are guys that don't help teams win SBs and hurt the offense but they were good acquisitions by BB? Gotcha.

It is always double speak with him depending how he wants to frame a topic.

Just like all the debates about the defense and how passing yards don't matter then yesterday he says this winner.

"Umm, pass Ds are listed as based on YARDS, not TDs. Nice try."

So if you are rating the giants passing yards matter but don't matter for rating the pats in any logical defensive debate hmmmm....

Just wait if the jets have a bad season he will harp on how they never got three and outs and couldn't get off the field.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think BB knows what he's doing lol. Their record over the past 12 years says it all. Best not only in the NFL but any major professional sport, and no, it's not all because of Brady either. They were able to compete the year he was out and go 11-5. What team does that? As good as Montana was he had several seasons where his team didn't make the post season. The QB may be the most important position but they are still just a piece, not the whole team.

I live in LA and hear Charger and Raider fans constantly ccomplains out their GM and say that they wish they had Belichick running their team. Some spoiled fans in Boston man.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tmot1234's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

How much room do we have?

I"m guessing somewhere around $7-$9mil

Alright, 7-9 million, and we kow BB likesto keep 5 mill free with about 4-5 mill for the draft. Does this mean we're done in Free Agency? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

C'mon Russ, that is nonsense.

if you can't see the timeline of events, and how it impacted thisbteam, then I am not sure you can be helped.

of course action or non action taken 4-5 years ago affect what bb does in terms of rebuilding the team Today. 

Eng outlined the capital invested to replace Samuel. It's a shame because that capital could have been used in other ways to improve this team.

it is what it is now, but before you go around calling people washers or pink hats , think about where you are on bb and your lack of objectivity in this matter because for whatever reason it doesn't support your belief that bb is the best GM of all time. Even the best make mistakes, but the best are expected to learn from them....

This is why I have Rusty on ignore. He can't see the trees through the forest and how sometimes BB isn't perfect in all his decisions. Rusty doesn't realize you don't have to be perfect all the time but you should learn from your mistakes. I hold BB and the players to the same standard that they hold themselves to. If in the end they aren't good enough to win the SB so be it but I don't think it's too much to ask for them to learn from their mistakes and improve. Sometimes BB doesn't and it hurts the team. Though he has gotten better (see Mayo, Hern, Gronk extension before letting their contracts run out and before the market increases again driving up cost. As I've said with extensions before I'd rather pay todays prices then tomorrows market for star players), he still needs to see how sometimes you need to pay a little more upfront to get the talent to prevent you from paying long term to find bandaids who won't perform as well

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I think BB knows what he's doing lol. Their record over the past 12 years says it all. Best not only in the NFL but any major professional sport, and no, it's not all because of Brady either. They were able to compete the year he was out and go 11-5. What team does that? As good as Montana was he had several seasons where his team didn't make the post season. The QB may be the most important position but they are still just a piece, not the whole team.

I live in LA and hear Charger and Raider fans constantly ccomplains out their GM and say that they wish they had Belichick running their team. Some spoiled fans in Boston man.

What?!!??  You simply don't get it.  There are easily 5 or 6 posters in this forum who clearly have more football knowledge in their little fingers than BB has or ever will have.  Each of them has the most amazing of crystal balls that are able to discern the most subtle of distinctions that separate perennial all-pro from perfect bust.  

Get with the program, will you please?