Cap help...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Cap help...

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Not to rain on anybodies parade but do you people really think that Brady has another SB run in him??

Not the other players ...just Brady?Please try to be as non bias as I am when responding.Personally I don't see it. I knew the pats weren't going anywhere close to the SB after watching Brady late in the year last year.

Leon it's time to grab your truck and go with Mommy to the sandbox and play with all your boyhood friends in NY--Go Now Moms calling! Then she'll cook Little Leon his favorite Dinner, (Mac and SanCheese), then it's off to bed, where Mommy will read you a story about the Jets then tuck you in for Nite Nite. Your'e safe with Mommy Leon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I would keep it Leon but I've been banned so many times I have to chnage it!I know I can't believe it either.

My fan base always knows it's me by my writing style and my questioning of Bb and some of the bad decisions he has made along the way during his tenure in NE. Spygate being his biggest mistake of course!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

www.patscap.com

Last updated on March 27, 2013 12:45 PM EDT

According to my figures the Patriots' 2013 cap figure is for $110,655,225 with 65 (64 active, 0 on Injured Reserve, 1 on Reserve/Non-NFI) players. I now believe that reserve players like Brian Waters do not count against the cap. I have the Patriots' 2013 dead money at $6,644,196. $110,655,225 + $6,644,196 = $117,299,421. The cap limit for the 2013 season is $123 million. The Patriots' adjusted cap number is $129,656,344. Therefore, I have the Patriots under their adjusted cap limit by about $12.4 million. On the 19th of March Greg Bedard tweeted that the Patriots are under their adjusted cap by $15,271,750 so my numbers were off by $164,827 at that time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

13.4 mil as of yesterday (post-Vollmer), according to pft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Salaries of draft picks do not count against the cap, only the prorated portion of signing bonuses. If a team is allocated $5 mil to sign its draft choices, only a portion of that counts against the cap, say $1.5 mil. or so. So that team only needs to have that much in cap space for its picks, not $5 mil.

In the Patriots case, if they're allocated $3.3 mil to sign their draft picks, they do not need to reserve that much in cap space to sign those picks. They need about $1 mil., maybe a bit more. The 29th pick in the draft last year, Harrison Smith got a $3.6 mil bonus, prorated over 4 years, so the Vikings needed $900K in cap space to cover his deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Brady's postseason passer ratings go as follows, from '01 to this most recent season.

2001 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2003 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2004 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2005 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2006 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

------------------------------------------------

2007 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2009 Playoffs: Passer rating of...

2010 Playoffs: Passer rating of...

2011 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

2012 Playoffs: Passer ratings of...

You claim the transformation started in '07, correct? I'm simply not seeing a big change in his performance from earlier in the decade into these more recent seasons (or '07 forward, as you claim). They were able to win Super Bowls back then when he was having similar performances to what he's having now. That tells me something else has changed.

Show me his ratings for JUST the AFC title games.

Or, I can do it. You won't like the way those look.

Two things:

1. Are we really holding his 2001 numbers up against his later years?  Pretty weak on your part, if so.

2. Take out his divisional or wild card games against some really CRAPPY Ds, and it just proves my point more.  Denver in 2011 was an 8-8 team, and their D blew.  6 TDs

3. I've exposed your argument (and the others') many, many times here.  Take away his 2 OUTLIER (best and worst) playoff games (vs Balt in 2009 and vs Denver in 2011) since 2005 with McDaniels offense coming into play, and he's still worse than what Brady was under Weis from 2001-2004.

His 2 best games? 2007 (21/24 passing, outstanding)  vs Jax and 2012 vs Houston and that one just happened.

Dude, that's TWO games. TWO. If not for Troy Brown stripping Marlon McCree in the 2006 Divisionals, his 3 INTs in that one represent another poor game.

Read it and weep:

2005-2011 Postseasons:

27 TDs, 17 INTs

2001-2004 Postseasons:

11 TDs, 3 INTs

I don't need to tell you which is worse.  And the argument that it's our D is baloney. This started in the 2005 playoffs.Good game vs Jax at home and then a bad one with a 100 yard Pick 6.

2006 vs the Jets at home? Not that great.  2006 vs SD? 3 INTs, but that SD team was loaded, so he gets a pass.

2006 vs Indy? They ran it a ton out of the shotgun and then stopped doing it/didn't have an answer in the second half, with a crappy stalled offense allowing Indy to get back into it and win it.

His last 3 AFC Title games: 7 TDs, 8 INTs.

These are not good numbers and a bloated Denver playoff win or a misleading QB rating in SB 46 where he literally folded in the 4th qtr, can't hide the fact he made 3 boneheaded plays.

It's sort of like Rex Ryan coming to the podium on Thanksgiving saying "Sanchez had a 94 QBR". Umm, yes Rex, but he did this thing called a Buttfumble and played poorly throughout the game, so his 75 yards passing to boost his QBR at the end in garbage time, isn't really representative with how bad he was.

QBR is the DUMBEST metric I've seen in a while for evidence as to how QB played.

Same with passing yards allowed for a D in this era.

How about 3rd down conversion rate.  Is that a stupid stat?  Of course you will say so because the Vaunted D has had the distinction of being the absolute WORST for years now.

Stopping a team on 3rd downs is the SINGLE most important thing a D can do.

It means teams aren't advancing.  It means teams aren't scoring if they're not advancing.  It means you are giving the ball back to your own offense so that they can score.

44% is not acceptable.  Good D's range in the high 20's to low 30's.  The worst D's in the history of the NFL range in the mid 40's. 

Bad D's kill their own offense.   BB himself has shown time and time again that he does not trust them.  They're suppose to kill the other teams offense and make them one dimensional,  not their own.

The One common denominator in all the losses is the D losing the lead, low scoring game, high scoring game, it doesn't matter.  Period

EPIC, EPIC FAIL of unworldly proportions. 

Maybe it's time for BB to stop shopping at the damaged bin at the dollar store when for 50 cents more he can get something that doesn't need to be fixed or manipulated to work.

Tell us, again, how if a lead back is substituted, he's not a lead back.   Bwahahaha  Brilliant!

Tell us, again, how bad it is for OTHER teams to be swapping out players, but it's just peachy that Billy B has been doing that very same thing since 2006 and STILL swapping.

Why is it again that only a handful of defensive players have even played out their contract, never mind been re-signed in the past 6 years?  Where are all those 150 players and wasted millions of $$$ now?  PFFT   Probably not worried about their lack of rings.

But, hey, Indehebo (sp) got one!

L  E  A  R  N    T  H  E    G  A  M  E  !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Muz, By my reading of the CBA, rookie salaries do count against the cap. However, only the rookie minimum counts against the cap until the player actually signs.  So you can draft guys without a big hit until you actually sign them. I could be wrong, but this is how I read the CBA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Muz, By my reading of the CBA, rookie salaries do count against the cap. However, only the rookie minimum counts against the cap until the player actually signs.  So you can draft guys without a big hit until you actually sign them. I could be wrong, but this is how I read the CBA. 

Yes, I'm just talking about at the draft which seemed to be what folks were concerned with. You don't need to have the full draft allocation set aside. But as of the start of the season, every salary counts of course.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Yes, I'm just talking about at the draft which seemed to be what folks were concerned with. You don't need to have the full draft allocation set aside. But as of the start of the season, every salary counts of course.  

Okay, that makes sense and is consistent with how I read the CBA. Thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Listen, young-un--a long long long time  ago this used to be a nice little cozy post on cap space...remember those days my fellow Pats fans. Remember the short yet informative responses. The joyful banter.THe giggles and fresh ice teas. THose were the days my friends. Back when a post was just a post. Ahhh...grandpa..tell me more....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

ESPN Boston's View

Closer look at available cap space March, 28, 2013 MAR 28 9:00 AM ET

By Mike Reiss 

| ESPNBoston.com

Adjusted cap: $129.6 million (this is the number the Patriots must be in compliance with) 
    Cap space used: $116.2 million 
    Available space: $13.4 million 

A few things to keep in mind with these numbers: 

1. Currently, only the top 51 cap figures are accounted for with salary cap calculations. 

2. As part of future planning, draft picks must be accounted for, so a club always wants to leave itself some cushion. That cushion would also account for any moves made during the season, which is important flexibility for any team to have. 

3. Because salary cap space can be carried over, there is also an element of planning for 2014 to keep in mind. The Patriots carried $5.6 million over from 2012 to 2013. 

4. Accounting for where the Patriots currently stand, one could envision a few low to mid-level signings, but nothing major. The feeling here is that an offer sheet to Steelers restricted free agent receiver Emmanuel Sanders would still be possible, but the idea of a high first-year cap charge ($5 million or more) to make it hard for the Steelers to match might be counter-productive.  

13. This post has been removed.