Careful: The next two games are very important

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Careful: The next two games are very important

The next two games are very important for us to win.  Here is why.  Supposing we win only one of those games and so end at 12-4.  Also, Houston play Indy and Tenn, Baltimore plays Cleve and Cinn, and Pittsburgh plays St. Lou and Cleveland.  If they win out, all four teams are 12-4.  The conference records would be NE 9-3, Pitt and Bal 9-3 and Houston 10-2.  That means that Houston would get the #1 seed and Baltimore the #2.  If Baltimore doesn't win out, it would mean that Pittsburgh would get the #2 because they beat us.  So, unless Houston would lose to either Indy or Tennessee, we would not get a bye if we lose one of the remaining two games.

I am sure BB will let the players know all about this.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Careful: The next two games are very important

After a week of divine intervention- Yes Pats must now seal the deal and win next two. Dolphins first. Finishing out the regular season with a smack down of he Bills would be sweet.
    I don't see Pats letting up now. And yeah I'm sure BB has the team focused with "eye on the prize.". Go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: Careful: The next two games are very important:
    [QUOTE]After a week of divine intervention- Yes Pats must now seal the deal and win next two. Dolphins first. Finishing out the regular season with a smack down of he Bills would be sweet. I don't see Pats letting up now. And yeah I'm sure BB has the team focused with "eye on the prize.". Go Pats!
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Dolphins game worries me a bit. They have a history of giving us trouble. Matt Moore is better than Henne. Reggie Bush has reinvigorated himself...and in general, division games are usually very tough.

We're favorites, but I dont think it's going to breeze

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Dolphins are hitting stride now. Bush actually looks like a football player. Pray to the snow gods! In the BDC pool thingy there I picked this game as a loss in the beginning of the season. I did that cause I didnt think we'd have anything to play for and would be licking our wounds. Thank goodness its at home for the rest of the season and most likely playoffs. cha ching Mr Kraft!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

I am hoping we have sub freezing temps for the Fins. They won't want to get out of the locker room. 

Buffalo still worries me. They will have a mindset that they might be able to sweep the Pats, a team that may go to the SB. All indicators point to the Pats easily handling the flailing Bills, but on any given Sunday....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good post. Miami is a scary team right now. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

He is talking 4 games against playoff teams if we fall out of the #1 and #2 seed.

Wildcard
    Divisional
    Conference
    Super Bowl

Those will all be quality teams that earned the right to play

Pay attention jetsfansince1966

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Careful: The next two games are very important : He said, " It would be a tall order for this years D to win 4 games  in a row against quality teams." The Denvers, Cheatsburghs, Houstons, and Baltenboreds, are not quality teams-so who is left?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Obviously you have not been a real fan since 1966 or you would understand the difference in intensity between a playoff game and a regular season game.

But seeing as you are nothing but a jests troll in disguise, I can see how your feigned ignorance is your pathetic attempt at trolling real Patriots fans.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

However, our last two byes have not been stellar:

In last year's playoffs, we had a first round bye and home-field advantage and couldn't make the proper adjustments against the Jets D.

We came off this year's bye, with two weeks to prepare for the Steelers, and came out flat.

Could it be that our core of young players are better suited to playing every week?

Just asking.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

jestsfansince1966 = troll and nothing more

It is apparent he knows little of football and only comes here to bash the Pats and feign ignorance of football to get a rise out of people.

I highly doubt your tall tale of being at the game in 1966.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Baltenbored? Wow, clever. Not very hard to believe it took someone as smart as you to think of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Careful: The next two games are very important : So you a$$ you me the same happens this time? You did hit a big grand slam to win a game in 1967-also involved in a triple play, as I recall.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

The same thing may or may not happen this time. However, our recent history with the present roster of players indicates (through very poorly played losses) that a bye may not be as crucial as you think.

Sections
Shortcuts