Carolina @ PATRIOTS Game Thread!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Carolina @ PATRIOTS Game Thread!

Figured I'd get it going early today, because even though it's pre-season, it's still GAMEDAY!

Go Pats and stay healthy!

Carolina presents a good overall tough team - good D Line and O line, and with prob the best inside LB in the league in BC's own Kuechly....it will be interesting and good test for Pats to get ready for Miami sept 7.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

Re: Carolina @ PATRIOTS Game Thread!

I agree and game 3 gives you a pretty good read on some of the position groupings going forward. I really believe the key to the Patriots success this year will be the play of our lines against the better teams like Carolina. I have my concerns about the depth at both positions..looking forward to seeing Easley out there..

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Figured I'd get it going early today, because even though it's pre-season, it's still GAMEDAY!

Go Pats and stay healthy!

Carolina presents a good overall tough team - good D Line and O line, and with prob the best inside LB in the league in BC's own Kuechly....it will be interesting and good test for Pats to get ready for Miami sept 7.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Anyone wanna take a stab on if Gronk plays or not? Hooman? Is he ready yet? Starters dont play much week 4 so how are these guys gonna get in work? 

I want to see more of White. the line play hasnt been great when he is in. I would like to see him in the passing game. Heard lots of raving about his hands but hasnt done much in preseason to date.

I also want to see more of J.Thomas and S.Gary and I hope M.Butler gets a rest. He has proven himself to date.

Want to see the front seven play together and what kind of formations they use. Anxious to see more Brady to Lafell. I think he can be dynamic for us. He has surprised me with his route running for a bigger guy. I think he has a big year.

Also want to see if Dobson is healthy enough to give it a go. He is way behind and so will they try to catch him up?

Who will start at tailback...   Is Easley gonna play? I am very anxious to see what he can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Wheres Rocky?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wheres Rocky?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!   Rocky.   I hope Rocky's schedule permits him to do game day threads this year.  No offense intended to anyone else but Rocky's game day threads are part of the event.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

This will give us an idea of our 1st team in all 3 phases for at least a half.  Will be fun to watch and see how things are jelling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm a skeptic.  The veterans, with the notable exception of Stevan Ridley, need to carry the football in one hand well extended from their body, where just about anybody could knock it loose.  Tom has to throw a real duck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a skeptic.  The veterans, with the notable exception of Stevan Ridley, need to carry the football in one hand well extended from their body, where just about anybody could knock it loose.  Tom has to throw a real duck.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that every year, bad teams like the Washington Red Skins win four games out of four in preseason and three games out of sixteen in the regular season.  I'm saying that most of the NFL doesn't care about winning preseason games, and moreover, much of the NFL tries desperately to take a dive in these preseason games.  The Patriots are just one of many teams with this tendency.  We're already sure that BB doesn't care about the score, because he went for the touchdown on fourth and goal at the four yard line.  I'm saying that Brady deliberately throws a pick.  I'm saying that Julian Edelman in particular deliberately held the ball away from his body as he was falling last year, causing a fumble.  I suspect that the veterans on the first string defense deliberately are late in coverage in the first quarter. 

You need to understand that Indianapolis was pioneering this "blow the preseason" technique long before the rest of the NFL, including the Patriots, picked it up.  You need to understand that other teams have taken this technique to ridiculous lengths.  Last year one team managed to run into the kicker twice on successive fourth downs in the same drive.  Hey, it moved the offense down the field!

I wanted to use preseason results as an indicator of team strength, but I discovered a slightly negative, below zero, correlation between preseason results and regular season results.  Then I watched some fairly odious games and decided that first quarter follies were almost league-wide at this point. 

Now, really, what besides eating some humble pie in front of the cameras is wrong with throwing the football directly at the cornerback so that he scores a pick-six?  In two minutes you get the ball back with a first down, right?

In any case, watch the rookies, who are usually playing their hearts out, and the various scrubs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wheres Rocky?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!   Rocky.   I hope Rocky's schedule permits him to do game day threads this year.  No offense intended to anyone else but Rocky's game day threads are part of the event.  

[/QUOTE]

My apologies if I stepped on any toes Rocky! - I'll let you do the honers the rest of season...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Gronk and others like easley who are being weened back into practices, i don't believe will play.

Stork, dobson, etc, probably need another week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone wanna take a stab on if Gronk plays or not? Hooman? Is he ready yet? Starters dont play much week 4 so how are these guys gonna get in work? 

I want to see more of White. the line play hasnt been great when he is in. I would like to see him in the passing game. Heard lots of raving about his hands but hasnt done much in preseason to date.

I also want to see more of J.Thomas and S.Gary and I hope M.Butler gets a rest. He has proven himself to date.

Want to see the front seven play together and what kind of formations they use. Anxious to see more Brady to Lafell. I think he can be dynamic for us. He has surprised me with his route running for a bigger guy. I think he has a big year.

Also want to see if Dobson is healthy enough to give it a go. He is way behind and so will they try to catch him up?

Who will start at tailback...   Is Easley gonna play? I am very anxious to see what he can do.

[/QUOTE]

Agree on Dobson and Easley, don't know that I can agree with the line not playing well in front of White only, Ridley and the rest looked pretty good running the ball, White didn't.  Granted I think they use him more like a 1A back than a third down guy but perhaps that is to work on his weaknesses now?  I think Gronk doesn't play, maybe a snap or two, they need to see those tightens on the back end of the roster and Solder could use some TE reps if they decide only to carry two.  Carolina's a good test…

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that every year, bad teams like the Washington Red Skins win four games out of four in preseason and three games out of sixteen in the regular season.  I'm saying that most of the NFL doesn't care about winning preseason games, and moreover, much of the NFL tries desperately to take a dive in these preseason games.  The Patriots are just one of many teams with this tendency.  We're already sure that BB doesn't care about the score, because he went for the touchdown on fourth and goal at the four yard line.  I'm saying that Brady deliberately throws a pick.  I'm saying that Julian Edelman in particular deliberately held the ball away from his body as he was falling last year, causing a fumble.  I suspect that the veterans on the first string defense deliberately are late in coverage in the first quarter. 

You need to understand that Indianapolis was pioneering this "blow the preseason" technique long before the rest of the NFL, including the Patriots, picked it up.  You need to understand that other teams have taken this technique to ridiculous lengths.  Last year one team managed to run into the kicker twice on successive fourth downs in the same drive.  Hey, it moved the offense down the field!

I wanted to use preseason results as an indicator of team strength, but I discovered a slightly negative, below zero, correlation between preseason results and regular season results.  Then I watched some fairly odious games and decided that first quarter follies were almost league-wide at this point. 

Now, really, what besides eating some humble pie in front of the cameras is wrong with throwing the football directly at the cornerback so that he scores a pick-six?  In two minutes you get the ball back with a first down, right?

In any case, watch the rookies, who are usually playing their hearts out, and the various scrubs.

[/QUOTE]

Oh!  Yeah you're right about that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

[/QUOTE]

Hey Homecheese, what's shaken'?  Paul's explanation works for me.  These games are half practice and half try outs.  And yes, Ridley better hold on to the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Just stay healthy and work on basics. I hope Halapio looks good, I hope Browner looks more like a CB and less like a lber struggling to cover, I hope white opens his eyes, and I hope Boyce looks like he belongs in the NFL. Other then that just keep Bradys jersey clean!

[object HTMLDivElement]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

[/QUOTE]

Hey Homecheese, what's shaken'?  Paul's explanation works for me.  These games are half practice and half try outs.  And yes, Ridley better hold on to the ball.

[/QUOTE]

Hey man, not much. How about you? I understand Paul's longer post now. I didn't get his original post at first

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's Reiss' take on who is unlikely to play:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766611/listing-patriots-not-expected-to-play-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766611/listing-patriots-not-expected-to-play-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

OT Sebastian Vollmer -- Starting right tackle has missed the entire week of practice, all but ensuring he won't play tonight. The Boston Globe reported that it's a foot injury and not considered serious.

TE Michael Hoomanawanui -- Just returned to practice this week after getting hurt on the fourth day of training camp, but hasn't been taking a full workload, so he'll need a little more time.

TE Rob Gronkowski -- He's graduated to 11-on-11 drills, but he's not expected to play tonight.

C Bryan Stork -- Rookie who has been out of practice since July 29 has been inching closer to a return to action, but hadn't returned to full-team work by the start of the week.

DL Dominique Easley -- First-round draft choice graduated to 11-on-11 drills this week, which is a sign of progress, but he's not yet taking a full workload.

DL Chris Jones -- Not practicing yet after getting his lower leg rolled up on in the preseason opener against Washington.

DL Sealver Siliga -- Hasn't practiced since injuring his left hand Aug. 5 in a joint practice with Washington, as the hand remains in a cast/protective brace.

LB Cameron Gordon -- Undrafted free-agent has been out since the sixth practice of camp with an undisclosed ailment.

WR Aaron Dobson -- Just started taking some limited reps in 11-on-11 work this week, which is a sign of progress, but he seems to still need some more time before he's ready for a game.

OTHERS TO CONSIDER: LB Jerod Mayo, DL Jerel Worthy, DL Ben Bass, WR Jeremy Gallon, LB James Morris, CB Alfonzo Dennard, S Kanorris Davis, LB Ja'Gared Davis, LB James Anderson

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey man, not much. How about you? I understand Paul's longer post now. I didn't get his original post at first

[/QUOTE]

Work,eat sleep. Work eat, sleep.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

my guess...no way in he!! Dobson plays. I think we are months (2)from seeing him. As for gronk I doubt it. I would love to see easily play but once again...I doubt it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Work,eat sleep. Work eat, sleep.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you man. I hope you can enjoy the game and weekend. Peace man

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I love reading Paul_K's analysis. He's one of a kind.

Rocky will be ready when it counts.

Fletcherbrook, you can say hell, lol.

Go Patriots! No injuries!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Hey guys!

What is the best way to streem?

Radio connection?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Pats all day!!

Please no one ruin this thread. I love the reactions and insight. Let's enjoy and be respectful boys. 

This place is fun when it's just straight football. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

Jamie Collins with a green dot per Patriots website. Go Collins!

Sections
Shortcuts