Carolina Loses Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Carolina Loses Again!

No matter how the Pats' season turns out...there is good news. The Pats own Carolina's second round pick in the upcoming draft...and Oakland's firstr rounder.

The Panthers fell to 0-4 today with a 16-14 loss at New Orleans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Carolina Loses Again!

We need every pick next year and we need each guy to come in and contribute. Happy as hell they lost again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

funny how we root against both those teams

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They also covered the spread which is nice. I love these guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tex
    It only matters if you have a good evaluation team to select the right guys in the draft. With the loss of Pioli as GM I am not sure we can claim we have the right front office to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Lets see #4 and #20 in the first and #34 in the second. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again!:
    [QUOTE]Tex It only matters if you have a good evaluation team to select the right guys in the draft. With the loss of Pioli as GM I am not sure we can claim we have the right front office to do it.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

NYC would do think of McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Cummingham?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Lets see #4 and #20 in the first and #34 in the second. 
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

harley are you thinking the Pats pick will be #20? I got them picking #32 since they'll win the super bowl

#4 - Raiders
    #34 - Panthers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! : NYC would do think of McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Cummingham?

Pretty good pick ups with a lot of potential!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]With the loss of Pioli as GM I am not sure we can claim we have the right front office to do it.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

that ludicrous, did you see the talent we picked up in the 2010 draft? come on be real 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! : harley are you thinking the Pats pick will be #20? I got them picking #32 since they'll win the super bowl #4 - Raiders #34 - Panthers
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking KP.....#4 #32 #34

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

And the Raiders lose again!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

I'm thinking we may get either a true lockdown corner, or the best RB in the draft with the Oakland pick.  That would be nice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex It only matters if you have a good evaluation team to select the right guys in the draft. With the loss of Pioli as GM I am not sure we can claim we have the right front office to do it.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

True. But Pioli has contributed to some bad decisions, too.

Pioli missed the 2009 and 2010 drafts, which weren't all that bad. But he was here for the 2008 and 2006 disasters...and he was here when some bad personnel moves were made, such as the acquistion of Duane "The Human Torch" Starks in 2005 (for a 3rd round pick), The Ben Watson pick in 2004, the horrible trade-up to get Chad Jackson in 2006, and the regrettable decisions to sign free agents Adalius Thomas and Monty Beisel. 

It's much easier to improve a team when you're starting at the bottom, than it is to maintain dominance when your team is on top.

Smi;e, my friend...the Raiders lost again, 31-24 to the Texans. The loss left the Raiders alone in last place in the relatively weak AFC West, at 1-3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]I'm thinking we may get either a true lockdown corner, or the best RB in the draft with the Oakland pick.  That would be nice.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

Do we need another corner? 

McCourty looks solid and Bodden will be back next year.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! : Do we need another corner?  McCourty looks solid and Bodden will be back next year.  
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with these people!! Haven't they seen enough of the Patriots' putrid front seven?? They badly need a 3-4 DE, and an OLB that can rush the passer. In other words...they should start thinking about finding the next Seymour and McGinest. 

Think DE Marcel Dareus: http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2011/Marcel-Dareus, not RB Mark Ingram. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

OLB and DE for sure...but i kind of hope that one of these positions can be filled by a stud free agent. this defense has enough young players on it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]OLB and DE for sure...but i kind of hope that one of these positions can be filled by a stud free agent. this defense has enough young players on it. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

You're dreaming, my friend. What team is going to allow a guy like DeMarcus Ware to get free? That's what the Patriots need.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Gentlemen, I also look forward to the next NFL Draft, but less we forget one thing? Bill Belichick is impossible to figure out for any draft selections on any given season.
    I do think Randy Moss will not be retained, neither will Logan Mankins. Just those 2 individuals will free up some money for potential quality picks, but not one of us can even consider what Bill B. is thinking.
    I think for the draft of 2011, I will post a 50 dollar gift certificate to who ever gets the first pick correct.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i didnt say DWare...but some good guys always come free each year. the jets defense got good in a hurry by bringing in pace and bart scott. with whatever the new salary cap ends up being, some teams wont be able to keep all their players. and who knows there may not even be franchise tags anymore.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]i didnt say DWare...but some good guys always come free each year. the jets defense got good in a hurry by bringing in pace and bart scott. with whatever the new salary cap ends up being, some teams wont be able to keep all their players. and who knows there may not even be franchise tags anymore.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

The Jets boldly traded up to select defensive stawarts Darrelle Revis and ILB David Harris in 2007...they took a chance by trading a 3rd round pick to land CB Antonio Antonio Cromartie...nabbed starting FS Eric Smith in the 3rd round of the 2006 draft...picked up NT Sione Poucha with a 3rd rounder in 2005...and got CB Dwight Lowery with a 4th rounder in 2008.

They added these guys to guys thast they already had, such as Shaun Ellis and Bryan Thomas. They got SS Jim Leonard, ILB Bart Scott, NT Kris Jenkins, and DE/OLB Calvin Pace as free agents.

Jenkins, Revis, and Pace have been hurt...yet their "D" stays dominant. Give credit where credit is due. The Jets didn't buy their defense. Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum built it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Lets see #4 and #20 in the first and #34 in the second. 

you mean #4 and #32 in the first !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! :      The Jets boldly traded up to select defensive stawarts Darrelle Revis and ILB David Harris in 2007...they took a chance by trading a 3rd round pick to land CB Antonio Antonio Cromartie...nabbed starting FS Eric Smith in the 3rd round of the 2006 draft...picked up NT Sione Poucha with a 3rd rounder in 2005...and got CB Dwight Lowery with a 4th rounder in 2008.      They added these guys to guys thast they already had, such as Shaun Ellis and Bryan Thomas. They got SS Jim Leonard, ILB Bart Scott, NT Kris Jenkins, and DE/OLB Calvin Pace as free agents.      Jenkins, Revis, and Pace have been hurt...yet their "D" stays dominant. Give credit where credit is due. The Jets didn't buy their defense. Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum built it.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Yes - agreed. I hate the Jets - especially their loud mouthed HC  - but lets give them credit - they built a good team - inspite of not being able to go after Free Agents last year !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! : you mean #4 and #32 in the first !
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

You guys have it all wrong.

First round:

Second Round:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpporters. Show bpporters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carolina Loses Again! :      The Jets boldly traded up to select defensive stawarts Darrelle Revis and ILB David Harris in 2007...they took a chance by trading a 3rd round pick to land CB Antonio Antonio Cromartie...nabbed starting FS Eric Smith in the 3rd round of the 2006 draft...picked up NT Sione Poucha with a 3rd rounder in 2005...and got CB Dwight Lowery with a 4th rounder in 2008.      They added these guys to guys thast they already had, such as Shaun Ellis and Bryan Thomas. They got SS Jim Leonard, ILB Bart Scott, NT Kris Jenkins, and DE/OLB Calvin Pace as free agents.      Jenkins, Revis, and Pace have been hurt...yet their "D" stays dominant. Give credit where credit is due. The Jets didn't buy their defense. Rex Ryan and GM Mike Tannenbaum built it.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

The Jets did just the opposite of what the Patriots do, they didn't have very many picks and traded up to get some very good players. That has really worked out for them. Gholston didn't pan out but most of the others did. The past two Patriots drafts look very good while trading down, that is without Pioli who's last few drafts were bad.

Hopefully the Patriots don't trade down this year, they set themselves up better than any other team for the next draft and if they keep their picks they should get some great players.