Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder

If Carolina plays like they have been for the remainder of the year, we might end up with #33 overall, the 1st selection of Round 2.  Keep in mind that there's about 16 hours in between rounds 1 and 2 and I bet we will look at multiple offers.  Alot of things can happen during that night.

The games that Carolina may win-

SF (0-4)
    STL (2-2)
    TB (2-1)
    CLEVE (1-3)
    SEA (2-2)
    ARI (2-2)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Re: Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder

Excellent Point . . . that makes 3 picks in the top 33, or thereabout . . . this year's draft needs to yield a bumper crop

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

33 Is worth just about as much as a late 1st to begin with. Which is an area BB seems to love so not sure I see a trade. Not enough value. But say if ours is where I'm hoping it is (#32) or even in it's #25 or higher having Car's pick opens it to say a 49ers type of trade where we'd get a 1st next year and maybe another 3rd this year. That would be a way to maximize those picks. Maybe say Car feels stupid and wants to get back into the late 1st so they give us their 1st in 2012 and their 3rd to move back into the late 20's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I agree.  Instead of having 10 minutes to decide and rush into making a wrong decision, you have about 16 hours to make a decision.  Making #33 worth about a #24 IMO. 

Another quick fact-

7 of the first 12 picks in round 2 came via trades.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

They will be wheeling in dealing as usual.  I bet they end up taking 5-6 guys through round 3 and set themselves up with at least an extra 2nd in 2012.  I don't think they will turn the CAR pick into a 2012 first because if it is a high 2nd, we could get a low 1st and only move up a few spots. 

Next year's free agent crop will be HUGE because of the restrictions this year.  Teams can dramatically change over night and what appears to be a bad team can quickly plug some glaring holes without the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder:
    If Carolina plays like they have been for the remainder of the year, we might end up with #33 overall, the 1st selection of Round 2.  Keep in mind that there's about 16 hours in between rounds 1 and 2 and I bet we will look at multiple offers.  Alot of things can happen during that night. The games that Carolina may win- SF (0-4) STL (2-2) TB (2-1) CLEVE (1-3) SEA (2-2) ARI (2-2)
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

I think that you meant to say the Carolina pick could be like a 2011 first round pick......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder:
    In Response to Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder : I think that you meant to say the Carolina pick could be like a 2011 first round pick......
    Posted by m1024us

Yeah...but we knew what he meant.....didn't we?  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Carolina Pick = 2012 1st Rounder : Yeah...but we knew what he meant.....didn't we?  LOL
    Posted by Rocky

Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the upcoming draft considered 2011?  I think the Pats will trade that one for a future 1st Rounder in 2012.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

They will be wheeling in dealing as usual.  I bet they end up taking 5-6 guys through round 3 and set themselves up with at least an extra 2nd in 2012.  I don't think they will turn the CAR pick into a 2012 first because if it is a high 2nd, we could get a low 1st and only move up a few spots.  Next year's free agent crop will be HUGE because of the restrictions this year.  Teams can dramatically change over night and what appears to be a bad team can quickly plug some glaring holes without the draft.
    Posted by Faucetman

I would totally agree with you in past NFL Drafts but not this one or any one after this.  BB used to love picking up multiple picks in the 2nd round because the players were considered less expensive to sign.

With the new bargaining agreement going through, players taken in the top 10 will be cheaper to sign and I pray to god that BB starts moving up in the draft to get the great players instead of trading down and hoping to see who falls to them.

I don't forsee any dramatic trades moving up, but he will leapfrog a team or two to snag the players he covets.  Either way, with the new rules BB will play a whole new game and with as many picks as he has, we could trade 5 of our 6 picks in 2-4 and end up with 3 1st rounders and Carolina's 2nd as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I'm betting we end up with (3) 1st's this year and with a lot of luck, rebuild complete.  That being said, I'm not going to wager whether we take Ingram with our top pick or the best OLB/CB out there...  BPA #6, 24, 37, 56?  plus (2) 3's & 4's...  man... seriously, folks.  Could you imagine being a Dallas fan?  Oakland?  Buffalo?  Carolina?  We just reload year after year with our picks.  yeah, some years we aren't as successful drafting as we'd like to be, but who really is.  You have to know Jet's fans HATE listening to the draftniks on espn talking over and over again about "rich get richer" "parlaying picks"... Hell!  it's already started talking about the picks we've accumulated and we're only in week 5!

Man I love this team.  This Coach.  This Management. 
    Thank you Mr. Kraft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I've got the Carolina pick as a #40 pick.  Pat Chung or Ron Brace, luck of the draw.  BB will still pick up a 2012 first rounder if anyone else has an unbearable itch that they want to scratch, and that happens. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

1st round talent in the 2nd with Car pick. I could see the Pats trading down the Raiders pick if Ingram and Mallet (or any other desirable "impact" players) are available. Would Belichick draft Peterson that high ?  I don't see any Demarcus Ware types available in the top five and for a top five OLB that's essentially what I want.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I'm betting we end up with (3) 1st's this year and with a lot of luck, rebuild complete.  That being said, I'm not going to wager whether we take Ingram with our top pick or the best OLB/CB out there...  BPA #6, 24, 37, 56?  plus (2) 3's & 4's...  man... seriously, folks.  y started talking about the picks we've accumulated and we're only in week 5! Man I love this team.  This Coach.  This Management.  Thank you Mr. Kraft.
    Posted by norichcrybabies

I can definitely see it going down like that-

or

Sections
Shortcuts